Helpful ReplyHot!Going vegan

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 8
Author
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 31278
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 14:08:54 (permalink)
I'd only eat them if the chicken signs a declaration stating it didn't suffer any pain turning it out.

• Total Posts : 6733
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 14:13:31 (permalink)
my mate had chickens in his garden for eggs but he said it was properly time intensive and they were always having problems laying the eggs and stuff. was forever taking them to the vets.
Lrrr
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 14:18:56 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Duderonomy 2019/01/18 20:37:06
What an utter waste of time. If I had a chicken and it kept having problems doing it's sole purpose in life, it would soon find itself in a Massaman.

LHC
  • Total Posts : 8033
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 14:19:06 (permalink)
Chickens can often die slow painful deaths from prolapse. I wonder if this is because we have selectively bred them to produce large eggs.
Lrrr
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 14:23:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Joey Gunz 2019/01/10 14:27:59
LHC and a Chicken sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G

Patterman
  • Total Posts : 1791
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 14:27:03 (permalink)
Got digestive issues as well. Cutting out red meat but that’s a lot for me. Wheat is evil to me as well. Basically I eat chicken, fish, fruit and veg and that’s about it. Weight is flying off me. Could never be a vegan as my love of eggs is too much. Like the idea of being a veggie as I see a lot of cattle and lambs around where I live. My parents have cows on their land, it breaks my heart looking in to their eyes. I do miss the taste of steak and lamb chops though. Chicken and fish are ugly so it’s easier eating them. It’s all. It’s all confusing.
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 97477
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 14:32:18 (permalink)
Smokey McPot
LHC
Smokey McPot
The principle of replacing meat with meat substitutes is something I can’t get behind. Either eat it or don’t. Don’t replace it for something like meat.

This view is retarded. It's possible to like the taste of meat but dislike the cruelty and/or environmental impact. I'm sure people would like something identical to meat but they have to go for something like meat, as it is currently the only available option.

I dont think it is. If you like the taste of meat then enjoy it, if you're concerned about how you got it then eat less or eat better, or learn how to grow your own cow and do it that way. Why should there be an option to have a substitute when X amount of starving crew rely on whatever is thrown out the back of a helicopter or lorry for them? 

Privilege of choice when it comes to food is something that bothers me. 

Very silly statement TBF
Booberella
  • Total Posts : 12704
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 14:32:30 (permalink)
Smokey McPot
The principle of replacing meat with meat substitutes is something I can’t get behind. Either eat it or don’t. Don’t replace it for something like meat.

I agree, but if it's a stepping stone to get people to transition then it serves a purpose. I guess it's a bit like vaping in that respect.
LHC
  • Total Posts : 8033
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 14:33:55 (permalink)
Lrrr
LHC and a Chicken sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G

Actually I plan on marrying a carrot

RAYZA
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 14:35:46 (permalink)
Joey Gunz
If you adopted / rescued a chicken and it was just leaving eggs lying around the gaff where would you morally / ethicaly stand on eating the eggs?

This is a good point actually, kind of makes it pointless being vegan if you can get hold of eggs from someone's pet chickens, not sure where you'd get them though?
Syzlack_24
  • Total Posts : 9688
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 15:03:11 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Fiend. 2019/01/10 20:50:03
Patterman
 Chicken and fish are ugly so it’s easier eating them. It’s all. It’s all confusing.

This is basically how I feel. I emailed my mate a list of animal guilt rankings the other day which I present to you THUSLY

1: Fish, doesn't have any feelings or a brain. Their only purpose in life is to be turned into food. Plucked out of the water by a friendly smiling fisherman in a nice yellow rain jacket and flung through the air into a bucket. The man takes the bucket directly to Sainsbury’s on his bicycle. No carbon footprint. No plastics. NO GUILT

2: Chicken. They are made of dust and air and enjoy a long and fulfilling life pecking in the grass in a sun-dappled orchard before they drop dead of old age. Some plastics but they enjoy dying.
Guilt: 2/10

3: Cows. It takes 50,000 litres of water to create one watery cow. They are awful, stupid beasts with their strangely expressive mouths and disgusting, shit-covered legs. They have tiny brains and can't comprehend their own terrifying existence. To eat one is to rid the world of a confused and terrible shimmering sack of water. They poison the air with their endless flatulence.
Guilt: 3/10

4: Lamb. A tiny baby unicorn. Sometimes the farmer spray paints them for some reason. Why do only some of them have tails?
Guilt: 6/10

5. Pig. The cleverest of all the beasts. Would kill you with a rock if it had hands, and would know that to do so was wrong, but necessary. Capable of gambling. I would rather feast on a human child.
Guilt: 9/10

MellowHype
  • Total Posts : 6442
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 15:10:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby gentle kenneth 2019/01/11 06:18:01
I kind of go on what I'd be happy killing. I think I'd be more comfortable killing a pig than a cow. I'd happily spin a chickens neck for both its wings
RAYZA
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 15:20:54 (permalink)
Eating a pig is no better than eating a dog or a cat imo. Very intelligent and affectionate animals.

I haven't eaten any mammals for well over a decade, I don't value a chicken or a fishes life the same as I do a mammal, but that doesn't mean I don't value their lives and want them dead.
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 8235
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 15:22:51 (permalink)
anyone had one of the vegan burgers from honest burger? heard they're decent...

i had an 'impossible burger' is california last year and it was genuinely better than most beef burgers. i can't believe i'm writing that but it's true. no idea how they do it. 

i barely eat any meat these days but do fuck with dairy. if all fake meat was as good as impossible meat though i could easily quit it for good
shroomy
  • Total Posts : 24922
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 15:25:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Whagwan 2019/01/10 15:37:53
MellowHype
I kind of go on what I'd be happy killing. I think I'd be more comfortable killing a pig than a cow. I'd happily spin a chickens neck for both its wings

What if you had to do it with a hammer and the only other thing around to eat was a pint of warm dog spunk?
Specialized1
  • Total Posts : 21740
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 15:26:14 (permalink)
Milk I've ditched and only use a substitute but how does one live without cheese? I'm not sure it's possible. 

STEAM - McGrayUK
Willfunk
  • Total Posts : 16096
Joey Gunz
  • Total Posts : 16049
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 15:31:58 (permalink)
gavinx

i had an 'impossible burger' is california last year and it was genuinely better than most beef burgers. i can't believe i'm writing that but it's true. no idea how they do it. 

i barely eat any meat these days but do fuck with dairy. if all fake meat was as good as impossible meat though i could easily quit it for good

I won't get into restaurant burger's because there are so many good ones out there now it's not worth it.
Check out @thelittlelondonvegan on instagram.

You can get the Beyond burgers in Tesco which everyone says is basically up there with the impossible burger.
£5.50 for 2.

I honestly would say go give the iceland ones a go, I know it sounds pov as but they're very good.
£2 for 2.
MellowHype
  • Total Posts : 6442
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 15:35:27 (permalink)
shroomy
MellowHype

What if you had to do it with a hammer and the only other thing around to eat was a pint of warm dog spunk?

If you choose the dog spunk you've got issues.

I only use almond milk now. Although I'm pretty sure it was off this morning as my drive to work I ended up with stomach cramps and had to run into the toilet before saying good morning to anyone.
RAYZA
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 15:38:00 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Joey Gunz 2019/01/10 15:40:57
willfunk
https://twitter.com/JOE_co_uk/status/1083376351766347776?s=19

What a raging thunder cunt

Those Iceland ones look banging, but then I'd have to go to Iceland. I might do if I'm feeling a lack of shame one day.
post edited by RAYZA - 2019/01/10 15:39:21
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 24017
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 15:39:20 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Duderonomy 2019/01/18 20:40:31
shroomy

Oh sweet memories .

Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 15:45:58 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Duderonomy 2019/01/18 20:40:43
Those Iceland No Bull Burgers look good. 

lol at this in the comments: 

"The only negative is the price, which I think is a touch too high."

They're £2 ffs. 
post edited by 21 21 - 2019/01/10 15:54:18
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 15:51:37 (permalink)
Seeing Piers Morgan choke to death on a sausage on live TV would be up there with some of life's greatest moments. 
KnuckleHead
  • Total Posts : 16172
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 15:59:54 (permalink)
Iceland did some battered shrimp over Xmas and that shit was fire!!

Agreed on Piers Morgan dying on live tv, I’ve added him to my ‘thrown-from-a-helicopter-infront-of-his-screaming-family’ list
RAYZA
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 16:22:19 (permalink)
dazdsb
Those Iceland No Bull Burgers look good. 

lol at this in the comments: 

"The only negative is the price, which I think is a touch too high."

They're £2 ffs. 

Probably used to everything else there having a big 99p sticker on
OEM
  • Total Posts : 33786
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 16:28:58 (permalink)
Lrrr
I only eat veal that died from loneliness.

😂

gavinx
  • Total Posts : 8235
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 16:30:51 (permalink)
Joey Gunz
gavinx

I won't get into restaurant burger's because there are so many good ones out there now it's not worth it.
Check out @thelittlelondonvegan on instagram.

You can get the Beyond burgers in Tesco which everyone says is basically up there with the impossible burger.
£5.50 for 2.

I honestly would say go give the iceland ones a go, I know it sounds pov as but they're very good.
£2 for 2.

decent. cheers mate
dreamworld
  • Total Posts : 5293
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 17:30:07 (permalink)
Razor
Eating a pig is no better than eating a dog or a cat imo. Very intelligent and affectionate animals.

We’d have to be talking about one charming motherfucking pig.
SW14
  • Total Posts : 13943
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 17:41:30 (permalink)
Rayza, when have you encountered pigs out of interest?

You strike me from about as far as a country and farm type as possible.
Noc
  • Total Posts : 19769
Re: Going vegan 2019/01/10 19:00:43 (permalink)
Razor
Eating a pig is no better than eating a dog or a cat imo. 

This is the kind of thing that some vegans come out with that give them such a bad press IMO and it's 100% bullshit.

If you're out for a meal with mates and one of them orders the sweet and sour pork I doubt you'd bat an eyelid - if they asked for the stir fried border collie you'd probably end up fighting them.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 8
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0