Helpful ReplyHot!Daily phone useage

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
LHC
  • Total Posts : 8038
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/04 23:49:59 (permalink)
Rein9T2
Phone battery doesn't even last long enough though 8 Hours ?

(a) yes they do (b) you can charge them
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 11909
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 03:26:48 (permalink)
Just face it, were all fucking slaves now and it's GG. No turning back, I reckon some kids / teenagers easily clear 12h a day
OEM
  • Total Posts : 33789
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 05:49:56 (permalink)
LHC
Rein9T2
Phone battery doesn't even last long enough though 8 Hours ?

(a) yes they do (b) you can charge them

Agreed.

Also, switch your mobile network to 3G only. Pages load just as fast and your phone's battery life will significantly improve.

OEM
  • Total Posts : 33789
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 05:58:03 (permalink)
JUDGEDREDD
Just face it, were all fucking slaves now and it's GG. No turning back, I reckon some kids / teenagers easily clear 12h a day

At my previous work place I switched up from watching films to watching tv series. That increased my screen time as I didn't have to think about or get bored of searching for something to watch. I got less done and almost 8hours of screen time, just at work.

Noc
  • Total Posts : 19771
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 06:47:24 (permalink)
Worse I got was 5 hours a day and 90 pickups. Easy fix is to not charge your phone overnight, then leave it on to charge at various times during the day so you're not tempted to pick it up.

If it's not in your pocket you actively have to go and unplug it to get your fix. Switching the colour to greyscale makes it far less appealing too.

Tbf though you've got the sum total of human knowledge, a rolling update of global news and a direct link to all your friends and families' lives in a tiny box. if you're sat on the sofa with two young kids and running around being dickheads and nothing else going on that need active attention why wouldn't you?

Rudeboysy
  • Total Posts : 2993
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 12:37:04 (permalink)
1h41 per day and 34 pickups, and that includes NYE and travelling to London watching football on btsport the whole way.

No idea how people can find enough interesting stuff to do to clock up 8h
2ndPhase
  • Total Posts : 2725
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 17:09:07 (permalink)
Whagwan
Snakey
My kids often ask me how i can limit their time in front of the telly / chromebook / switch when I am constantly on my phone, a totally fair enough question lol.

I'm dreading this point. 

70unlocks/4-5hrs day here.  And when I'm not on my phone I'm usually at a laptop or desktop.

Worst is when I'm playing a non-time limited strategy game in one monitor, got the other monitor with a browser window with forums/facebook/twitter so I'm shuffling between the two and then I pick up my phone and unlock it and just look at it thinking "Why did I do that?"

That properly tickled me, do it all the time.

I also watch films whilst on my phone watching insta vids, sometimes even a YouTube vid. Humans can’t even multitask so it’s pointless.
¯ICE¯
  • Total Posts : 5610
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 17:12:17 (permalink)
The unlocking phone to see shit you're already looking at is pure habit. Everyone does that. It's instinct, the animal side taking over.
post edited by _ICE_ - 2019/01/05 17:13:48
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 97486
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 17:19:06 (permalink)
Am I the only one who doesn't care about how much I look at my phone?
¯ICE¯
  • Total Posts : 5610
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 17:20:11 (permalink)
No. Couldn't give a toss either. It's basically an extension of our bodies now so it's more or less the same as being ashamed of using your right hand too much.
dimdum
  • Total Posts : 16982
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 17:41:29 (permalink)
Well I think it’s affecting my attention span so I’m going to try reduce it. I find myself just skimming articles on my phone now rather than properly digesting it. How many of you can actually watch a whole film on the telly without checking your phone unlike maybe 10 years ago?
Jonesy.
  • Total Posts : 8454
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 18:12:11 (permalink)
I'm going to try and get rid of my phone soon (again). The main reason is to be more focused on my son.

I don't want him to grow up and have memories of his parents sat on their phones. It's fucked up how addictive it is.

RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 97486
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 18:34:40 (permalink)
You've got the entire world's knowledge in your pocket, of course its addictive! I think it's great, it's completely eliminated boredom, don't you rememeber how boring it used to be staring into thin air on journeys etc?
SW14
  • Total Posts : 13950
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 18:45:52 (permalink)
dimdum
Well I think it’s affecting my attention span so I’m going to try reduce it. I find myself just skimming articles on my phone now rather than properly digesting it. How many of you can actually watch a whole film on the telly without checking your phone unlike maybe 10 years ago?

Find myself doing this during football matches as well. Checking twitter and that instead of watching it.
LHC
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 19:06:15 (permalink)
Razor
You've got the entire world's knowledge in your pocket, of course its addictive! I think it's great, it's completely eliminated boredom, don't you rememeber how boring it used to be staring into thin air on journeys etc?

Nobody is suggesting smartphones aren't useful. It's about using it well and not wasting time on it though. Watching a 2 hour film on a long train journey isn't the same as wasting time on social media, refreshing the same news sites, playing shit games, reading comments sections, arguing with Goodone, watching grainy videos, etc. every single evening. Most people concerned about the number of hours are probably concerned that they spend too much time doing some combination of these activities or some other pointless shite.

I'd like most of the time spent on my phone to be more useful or enjoyable. That is more likely to happen by reducing the overall amount of time using it.
JAWA
  • Total Posts : 2713
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 19:36:41 (permalink)
Razor

I lean way more towards this than seeing it as a bad thing. It does annoy me how much I can sit on it. But I can be entertained at any time, I keep in touch with pals back down south way more, and I read so much news etc. Wouldn't want to give that up.
2ndPhase
  • Total Posts : 2725
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/05 19:55:44 (permalink)
Razor

No more reading the back of shampoo bottles while blessing one out..
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 24018
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/06 08:28:05 (permalink)
I did that joke on that last page m8
dotarr
  • Total Posts : 5152
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/06 16:19:36 (permalink)
I deffo feel at a loose end if I forget my phone when on the pot. I've set off for a shit at work and turned back for it when I've realised I haven't got it before now.
SW14
  • Total Posts : 13950
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/06 18:26:59 (permalink)
The feeling when you lose your phone or it packs in is like you’ve lost a limb.

Remember when I went traveling I flogged it and didn’t look at one once or even think about it for 6 months.
Daniel Snakeman
  • Total Posts : 32193
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/06 19:00:06 (permalink)
Less than 2 hours today, maybe I'm not as poorly as I thought.
Goodone
  • Total Posts : 5670
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/06 19:02:47 (permalink)
LHC
Razor

Nobody is suggesting smartphones aren't useful. It's about using it well and not wasting time on it though. Watching a 2 hour film on a long train journey isn't the same as wasting time on social media, refreshing the same news sites, playing shit games, reading comments sections, arguing with Goodone, watching grainy videos, etc. every single evening. Most people concerned about the number of hours are probably concerned that they spend too much time doing some combination of these activities or some other pointless shite.

I'd like most of the time spent on my phone to be more useful or enjoyable. That is more likely to happen by reducing the overall amount of time using it.

Ha dont know how I feel about being such a significant part of your online experience... I think I'll take it as a compliment

I think I just use my phone for this place and YouTube. It's not as if anyone calls me these days lol
post edited by Goodone - 2019/01/06 19:07:53
LHC
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/06 19:31:35 (permalink)
LOL it's just an example of a thing that's a waste of time on here. I was originally going to reference Whagwan vs SW14 but it's all the same shite.

I've managed to massively reduce Facebook time without even trying just because it's incredibly shit.
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 31279
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/06 19:46:41 (permalink)
Averaged 5 1/2 hours last week, down 35%. I'm at 2 hours 11 min today. 

This is like no-fap all over again, except we can touch women and we're not autistic.

LHC
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/06 20:03:16 (permalink)
My screen time has remained stable but fap time is up 35%.
MellowHype
  • Total Posts : 6443
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/06 21:45:15 (permalink)
My usage at the weekends is definitely higher than in the week. Mainly because I'm speaking to people in the UK as the time difference means they're not all in bed when I have some spare time.

Facebook is my least visited app. Its absolutely pony these days
post edited by MellowHype - 2019/01/06 21:48:07
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18803
Re: Daily phone useage 2019/01/08 19:33:20 (permalink)
Top life hack I've discovered:

Tell your phone to forget your internet history.

Then when facebook or whatever asks you for a password, you realise you don't actually care enough to work out what your password is and you give up.

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0