Helpful ReplyHot!Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend

Page: << < ..1112 Showing page 12 of 12
Author
KnuckleHead
  • Total Posts : 16055
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 13:32:51 (permalink)
I thought Andy fell out with GQ a while back, someone wrote on here
Patterman
  • Total Posts : 1699
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 13:35:35 (permalink)
KNUCKLES
I thought Andy fell out with GQ a while back, someone wrote on here

I thought that as well until I saw he was at Wembley.
SW14
  • Total Posts : 13675
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 13:35:48 (permalink)
Seem to be doing bits and bobs together now but Tonn Piper is annoyingly the go to man.
Jamie S23
  • Total Posts : 16423
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 13:46:47 (permalink)
We had a good forum meet up at the jungle one - should do this again.
THIRT33N
  • Total Posts : 1325
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 17:08:44 (permalink)
Bit late to the party but my problem with a lot of these "nu-jump up" tunes is seems like 90% of them are using that standard synth sound.

I bought a lot of shit but good Low Down Deep/Calypso wobbly stuff around 2005-2010, still sounds good to me.

Is that actually better that what's about now or do I just have some rose tinted ear holes??
original_state
  • Total Posts : 215
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 17:38:05 (permalink)
It sounds better. The nu jump up stuff sounds like its been produced by people who have no actual knowledge of music theory or scales etc. It sounds like people prodding around on a keyboard until they just find something that fits a bit. Do you think most jump up producers could play the piano or keyboard to a high level? Was wondering about this the other night.
KnuckleHead
  • Total Posts : 16055
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 17:55:34 (permalink)
original_state
It sounds better. The nu jump up stuff sounds like its been produced by people who have no actual knowledge of music theory or scales etc. It sounds like people prodding around on a keyboard until they just find something that fits a bit. Do you think most jump up producers could play the piano or keyboard to a high level? Was wondering about this the other night.

You’re generally right here but some of the best music, in any dance genre, has come from guys armed with the most basic of knowledge about music and production. Guys just lock themselves in them studios and work to develop a sound. I think the reason the quality took such a nose dive was because how easy it is to just bang out a tune on the net now. You can just chuck shit at a wall and something will stick whereas before you had to book studio time, get a vinyl dubplate cut, circulate it, get dj’s playing it etc. More of an organic growthx
Now all you need is a soundcloud page or a youtube account.

I heard Mickey Finn do an interview on flex fm last week and he made a good point about just cos people might have a social media ‘presence’ does Not mean they’re a good dj or knowledgable about the music. Often aloead of fake followers anyways
post edited by KnuckleHead - 2018/11/27 17:56:44
dnbsmurf
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 19:18:26 (permalink)
Look at the music that Keeno produces for someone versed in high level piano playing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=190uiutulJQ

Beautiful music that imo could stand up next to top tier classical musical producers output. It's a far cry away from modern day jump up. I can appreciate both styles but the difference between someone like Keeno and someone like Phibes is incredible really considering it is the same genre.
THIRT33N
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 19:37:01 (permalink)
original_state

Funny thing is a lot of the decent producers from before are knocking out these standard jump up synth tunes. I get that seems to be the current "in" thing but you can't say they're not talented producers, Heist for example.

I think you just have to accept the sound has moved on for good or worse. Probably ease of releasing a tune hasn't helped the situation. If I was younger i'd probably be enjoying it tbh.
original_state
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 20:02:42 (permalink)
That Keeno tune is lovely.

Yeah that's a fair point. I find Heist tolerable still. If I was a producer making jump up, I would at least want to make it sound respectful. I would feel seriously embarrassed knowing that liquid producers in the same genre can knock out musical tunes, and mine sounds like a two-note fisher price toy.

As lamentable as it is for me, maybe this is the new sound, and its making more money, raves are filling up with lots of young people etc. I feel a bit lost now in terms of what to listen to.
badder2
  • Total Posts : 2374
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 20:06:50 (permalink)
Is that keeno that used to post here?
chris77
  • Total Posts : 232
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 20:20:40 (permalink)
lots of guys who bash out nearly 100% jump up tracks are capable of making surprisingly melodic liquidy tunes as well, I think it's more that they choose not to. couple of cases in point...

dj pleasure - winter tears

jaydan - the promise

there has also been a lot of oldskool influenced bass-heavy rolling jump up released this year. maybe the singalong chav stuff just gets more attention in general, but there's always proper stuff out there if you dig around a bit
SW14
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 21:05:44 (permalink)
Hybrid Minds were jump up producers.

What you can make and what you do make are two different things.
original_state
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 21:10:00 (permalink)
Thus, it surprises me when certain producers churn out the things they do.
SW14
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 21:27:19 (permalink)
Yeah, fair point.

While Hazard won’t get any Beethoven comparisons, you can appreciate the skill in what he makes. What is “credible” jump up is a bit ambiguous though. I’ve liked some dubious wobble in my time, this screechy stuff I can’t get on board with generally.
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7850
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 21:39:10 (permalink)
There was a period when Hazard would come uo with something and all the other Jump Up producers would attempt to imitate that sound for a while. Now Hazard never releases anything so all the producers are looking to DJ Guff for inspiration, and that ain't right.
JAWA
  • Total Posts : 2699
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/27 21:44:18 (permalink)
badder2
Is that keeno that used to post here?

No not the same guy.
Cybotron
  • Total Posts : 986
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/28 17:17:38 (permalink)
Funny thing is a lot of the decent producers from before are knocking out these standard jump up synth tunes. I get that seems to be the current "in" thing but you can't say they're not talented producers, Heist for example.

I can't say anything bad about Heist after this one....

THIRT33N
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/28 22:11:45 (permalink)
Heist still makes decent and varied tunes tbh.

I know he's DJing at those types of raves so makes sense I guess.

No idea if Serum's on those line ups but everyone rated him on here as a producer after Blood Red/Species and in general I'd say.

Still these 2 tracks sound extremely similar to every other "nu jump up" tunes I've heard. Have to imagine theres a bit of catering to what's popular for DJ bookings or what.

post edited by THIRT33N - 2018/11/28 22:27:08
Loam
  • Total Posts : 1593
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/28 22:15:32 (permalink)
Shit
original_state
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/28 22:23:29 (permalink)
I can definitely appreciate the skill in what Hazard makes. Why he hasn't he released anything in ages?

Sub Zero - Spin Doc, is a screechy tune that I like. 
THIRT33N
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/28 22:30:01 (permalink)
original_state
I can definitely appreciate the skill in what Hazard makes. Why he hasn't he released anything in ages?

https://ukf.com/words/hazard-music/20284
original_state
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/28 22:49:01 (permalink)
Hopefully soon then.
Cybotron
  • Total Posts : 986
Re: Andy C at Wembley arena this weekend 2018/11/29 06:19:41 (permalink)
I thought I hated jump up until I heard Mr Happy and Bricks don't Roll. Catchy as fuck like the bad aids but you have to respect Hazard for that
Page: << < ..1112 Showing page 12 of 12
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0