Helpful ReplyHot!Metalheads

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4843
Re: Metalheads 2018/11/12 11:53:51 (permalink)
Got tickets to see King 810 in Bristol next month. Should be intense 

ramraider
  • Total Posts : 7972
Re: Metalheads 2018/11/27 18:57:40 (permalink)
was well into it in my youth. got out of it in the whole nu metal thing mid 90s and discovered dance music. saw slayer at wembley a couple of weeks ago and metallica last year but that's been it for me and metal since about 94

WiffleBat
  • Total Posts : 5075
Re: Metalheads 2018/11/27 19:01:13 (permalink)

21 21
  • Total Posts : 6647
Re: Metalheads 2018/11/27 19:35:37 (permalink)

brutal

also fear factory

obsolete was an incredible album
21 21
Re: Metalheads 2018/11/27 19:43:12 (permalink)
i was lucky enough to see both Deftones and Fear Factory at the Roadmender in Northampton which was my reasonably 'small-ish' (850 capacity, I think) home-town venue at the time they were playing arenas. 

Both gigs were pre-tour warm-up gigs and they were both amazing - Deftones especially. Chino was super-fucked up and all over the place but they were heavy as shit. 

It was a good 10 years+ after we were all kids into the music as well - and EVERYONE who was in the scene when we were 15/16 came back out that night. People I hadn't seen for years; friends, ex-girlfriends, etc. all came back to the venue we spent every weekend in growing up - it was a special gig.
Syzlack_24
  • Total Posts : 9636
Re: Metalheads 2018/11/27 21:58:57 (permalink)
WiffleBat

Ffs LOL
Mulla
Re: Metalheads 2018/11/28 11:33:36 (permalink)
dazdsb
i was lucky enough to see both Deftones and Fear Factory at the Roadmender in Northampton which was my reasonably 'small-ish' (850 capacity, I think) home-town venue at the time they were playing arenas. 

Both gigs were pre-tour warm-up gigs and they were both amazing - Deftones especially. Chino was super-fucked up and all over the place but they were heavy as shit. 

It was a good 10 years+ after we were all kids into the music as well - and EVERYONE who was in the scene when we were 15/16 came back out that night. People I hadn't seen for years; friends, ex-girlfriends, etc. all came back to the venue we spent every weekend in growing up - it was a special gig.

Yeah I got to see Deftones at the Anson Rooms in Bristol before they blew up. It was when they were touring Around The Fur so must have been about '98/'99. Only about a thousand capacity venue and was brutally loud.

They can be really hit or miss live, but you don't notice it so much when you're actually there lol.

Will Haven were the support band that night, surprised to see they're still going after all these years.

WiffleBat

Fiend.
  • Total Posts : 1384
Re: Metalheads 2018/11/29 11:39:40 (permalink)
Mulla
Meshuggah is probably the only metal band I listen to regularly nowadays. Actually just bought tickets to see them in Bristol next year. Love that heavy groove downtuned style. A lot of the riffs are incredibly similar to basslines you'd find in dnb or dubstep. Plus the complexity of their music is something to behold. I struggle to follow some of the polyrhythms, let along fucking play them.

Good call. Haven't got into them myself, but have a lot of respect for whatever I hear...

The main rhythm and key changes in this, jesus 

badder2
They all sound like they all need a halls soother 

0/10 WNB

Interesting and common comment. Almost everyone I know is fine with the blisteringly fast drums, grungy bass, massively distorted guitars, but really balks at having fierce and distorted vocals to match that. There must be some psychological reason behind that, not sure what it is yet.

Anyway I'm going to see this lot on Friday: https://www.facebook.com/events/1100415266785119/ very hyped for that, have been listening to them a lot in the last week (along with lots of techno on Polegroup records, that deeper dnb mix someone posted, Dream thief  4 on horizons, hardcore courtesy of Dolphin and Producer, and Domus et Klutus at sun and bass ofc).

...is this what you want???
Mulla
Re: Metalheads 2018/11/29 12:21:34 (permalink)
Fiend.

Good call. Haven't got into them myself, but have a lot of respect for whatever I hear...

The main rhythm and key changes in this, jesus 

Mate the drumming in that tune is some of the best you'll ever hear anywhere. Apparently it took the drummer longer to master that one track than it did the entire rest of the album combined. He had to completely change his drumming style to be able to play it lol. There's an awesome video of Bill Burr talking about Meshuggah on Youtube somewhere.

Edit - found it:

post edited by Mulla - 2018/11/29 12:23:34
21 21
Re: Metalheads 2018/11/29 14:14:12 (permalink)
Mulla
Will Haven were the support band that night, surprised to see they're still going after all these years.

Will Haven's Carpe Diem is one of my favourite metal albums. Down-tuned grinding filth.

21 21
Re: Metalheads 2018/11/29 14:24:07 (permalink)
periphery are one of my favourite bands and this is a great set to show how effective the music can be without vocals. the singer was ill so they went on without him. such a high standard of musicality in their work. brilliant musicians on every level. i saw them on the same tour and the atmosphere was superb - everyone was dancing, singing along - great vibes. 

chris77
  • Total Posts : 232
Re: Metalheads 2018/11/29 19:31:48 (permalink)
was a complete metal nerd at school but never listen to it any more, all seems a bit too angst ridden. there's a few albums like ACDC - Highway To Hell, Iron Maiden - Seventh Son, and Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss that still get the odd nostalgia spin...
ramraider
  • Total Posts : 7972
Re: Metalheads 2018/11/30 10:11:30 (permalink)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GOnuJRocQY

Dave Lombardo at his best. Incredibly natural drumming. 

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0