Helpful ReplyHot!Who is America

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
Cybotron
  • Total Posts : 902
Re: Who is America 2018/08/06 05:45:13 (permalink)
shroomy
Caught a bit of this and yeah it's kinda the same old same old really.

I think part of the problem is that Ali G and Borat were both interesting, likeable and memorable characters whereas everything that's he's done since simply isn't. Couple that with an exhausted format and you really are flogging a dead horse.

Ali G and Borat are both still pretty watchable however.

I don't think that Who is America is meant to be comedy in its purest form. More using comedy to highlight some of the ridiculousness / backwardness that goes on in the US ...and at the very highest political levels.

If you watch the shows with that level of expectation then you won't be disappointed.
Hit
  • Total Posts : 423
Re: Who is America 2018/08/07 17:10:47 (permalink)
Cybotron
DrKevorkian
Quite a bit of this series has seemed stage IMO.

Kind of detracts from the whole thing as you start second guessing whether people are in on it or not.

The Christy Cones (the art dealer) bit seemed a little far fetched.  Donating her pubic hair and letting the film crew film her cutting it. Calling a litterally shitty drawing an oxymoronic, paradoxical, juxtaposition.

Dodge

Sacha Baron Cohen’s art gallery victim has a few things to say to the man who trolled her
https://www.washingtonpos...y-man-who-trolled-her/
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 7770
Re: Who is America 2018/08/08 10:32:21 (permalink)
OEM
Nathan Fielder is a producer. This is good news.

apparently he wrote and directed the Kingman super-mosque pitching scene... fucking amazing 

"we're not calling anyone racists here"
"well i am. i am racist towards muslims"
"..."

second episode was stronger than the first imo. can't believe he got that geezer to run at him with his trousers down lol

also the bimbo from the bachelorette doing the 'adopt a child soldier' promo... incredible what people will do for (what they think is) publicity isn't it
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7371
Re: Who is America 2018/08/08 10:49:10 (permalink)
There's a bit directly taken from Nathan for You in the latest episode, where they try and force a writer credit on someone who absolutely doesn't want to be associated with it. It was the same character as well so I guess that was the one he was most involved with.
Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4750
Re: Who is America 2018/08/08 10:51:07 (permalink)
DNBADMAN

I wonder of he has a backlog of failed ones where the people had worked it out... I reckon that would make better watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlhvZc06hHU

Probably happens a lot, we just don't usually hear about it. 
Dan Hoax
  • Total Posts : 4478
Re: Who is America 2018/08/08 12:26:56 (permalink)
Noc
It was OK. Not quite the return to form I was hoping for but the Israeli guy was good.

Whatever he comes out with is going to be decent but it's unlikely he'll ever hit those late 90s/early 00s highs. Bit like Eminem really.

The Ali G clip where he interviews the vet still kills me every time I watch it. Perfect balance of cringe moments, quotables and an interviewee who buys into it and starts losing his faith in humanity by the end of it. The long slow headshake at the end is the best thing he's ever done.

Best bit of that interview is when SBC asks him his name and he says Dr George Washington and then looks at SBC just waiting for him to say something along the lines of 'Oh like he 1st US president' and SBC just say right and walks off. Sets the tone for the interview perfectly.
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0