Helpful ReplyHot!Annoying neighbours

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Cybotron
  • Total Posts : 684
2018/07/10 17:09:17 (permalink)

Annoying neighbours

So I bought a house 3 years ago however the estate agent "forgot" to tell me that there was a care home next door for the 2 sandwiches short of a picnic crew.   It's been quite bearable although it seems to be getting worse - like the previous tenant who would make these loud, gutteral shrieks for 30 minute blasts for the benefit of everyone in the street. 

However they now have a new tenant - this 55 year old fairly big Jamaican chap - has bouts of shouting "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU" and "YOU FUCKING CUNT" etc etc in the garden to no one in particular.    I've had to have words with the management as he scared my 2 year old.

So he had another serious episode yesterday about 8am and I filmed because I want to build a dossier to get their license revoked or something. I think the management care only about making money rather than selecting tenants who can live peacefully in a residential area.  The manager came around all passive aggressive asking me why I was filming and I told him why - of course he wasn't very happy.  

Any one else had to experience anything similar ? How did you deal with it and what steps can you take to get a business like that closed down ?  

Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 21416
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 18:12:25 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby S8 2018/07/10 20:17:24
No, I've never lived next to a care home or been a peeping Tom with a fetish for elderly Jamaican men. Sorry. 
OEM
  • Total Posts : 33156
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 18:19:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby PapaJaro 2018/07/10 20:32:09
We need to see the video

KNUCKLES
  • Total Posts : 15558
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 18:23:10 (permalink)
The Jamaican is my dad, sorry about that
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 11049
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 18:28:32 (permalink)
Have you let him know he's Jamacin you crazy
Rein9T2
  • Total Posts : 1029
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 18:30:17 (permalink)
KNUCKLES
The Jamaican is my dad, sorry about that

Is he one of those fake Jamaican guys born here but puts on the accent has the dreads and string vest.
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15138
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 18:32:58 (permalink)
JUDGEDREDD
Have you let him know he's Jamacin you crazy

Majik
  • Total Posts : 41609
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 18:40:01 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby RAYZA 2018/07/10 18:52:43
So basically you hate the disabled

Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 27809
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 18:42:34 (permalink)
Have you considered telling him to keep it down?
Ascension
  • Total Posts : 6508
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 19:25:59 (permalink)
You want to build a dossier and get their licence revoked because you didn’t bother to check who your neighbours were before buying a house?
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 95006
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 19:28:58 (permalink)
TFW you're determined to leave disabled people without a home
OEM
  • Total Posts : 33156
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 19:33:31 (permalink)
By rights you should've researched the area for beforehand.

You dont want to blame yourself so put it on the estate agents and sue them.

Will Mac
  • Total Posts : 15701
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 19:37:15 (permalink)
Imagine for a second, buying a house and not checking what or who was living next door.

No I can't either.
mouse oxford
  • Total Posts : 2214
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 20:20:56 (permalink)
How dare they Be mentally ill / handicapped, the fucking nerve. 

TBF I've had a simillar conversation with the Mrs. Old alcoholic spinster bird in the housing association flat maisonette next door. Ambulance or Old Bill round all the time. Has mad half hours a couple of the times a week, exercising her demons, difficult when the kids are in the garden and her windows are open. 

Social responsibility says that she has to live somewhere, you'd just rather it wasn't next to you. Zero care in the community due to massive austerity obviously hasn't helped. 

Guy at work had a schizophrenic living in the flat above him (chronic skunk smoker of course). Spent several months confused by his behaviour, sometimes erratic, other time chilled and approachable. Turns out he actually had an identical twin brother who was also schizophrenic. Fucking madness.
post edited by mouse - 2018/07/10 21:53:51
Elbow Thermometer
  • Total Posts : 3085
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 21:19:53 (permalink)
Ascension
You want to build a dossier and get their licence revoked because you didn’t bother to check who your neighbours were before buying a house?

It’s not quite that simple - if it is a residential building rather than a medical building, it does not appear on searches, nor does it need to. The patients aren’t actually patients, they are deemed as ‘residents’ who rent their rooms (much like you or I would). Their padded rooms with bars on the windows. And a locked, alarmed door. And 24 hour supervision. Essentially it’s a fudge to get around planning regulations, finding places for people that would otherwise have nowhere to go, or be in unsupervised accomodation, or on the street. Laudable - but only if you’re at arms length.
My parents found this out the hard way; when the old lady across the way died, the local council/health authority turned it into one of these residencies, primarily for severely autistic teenagers, but didn’t need planning permission and didn’t need to inform local residents - we found out when the first people moved in and wondered why the roads were blocked with nurses’ cars and ambulances turned up every week (self harm was common). I lived with my parents for a bit when I came back from Stoke and every day we’d hear one poor bloke banging against the bars, occasionally with his head. Screaming, shouting etc.

The worst one was on a miserably hot Sunday afternoon, sat in my pants playing COD. Yes, what an image. A 15/year-old girl appears at my bedroom door, staring at me. Not saying anything. Staring at me, like boring into me. This was obviously quite a surprise, though I had an inkling where she’d come from. I asked her if she was ok, and made a move to get off my chair, but she ran to the kitchen. She tried to get hold of a boiling pan, by my mum managed to grab it first. The supervisor turned up soon after. Turns out one of the junior supervisors had left the door unlocked and she’s escaped into our unlocked house. She was deaf, mute and severely autistic, apparently.

It’s a tricky one - I have empathy for the residents, and the council/NHS - they have to go somewhere and the world is full of NIMBYs. Large-scale institutions are too costly to run thanks to widespread NHS and local council cuts. But then on the flip side...

But this side of chicanery goes on with any house sale. I enquired as to the railway line fairly close to my house on the plan before I bought mine. Just a local branch line he replied. Turns out it’s the East Coast Mainline.
post edited by MrSlickle - 2018/07/10 21:27:16
Syhr
  • Total Posts : 44234
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 21:21:34 (permalink)
Burn it down.

cal2
  • Total Posts : 2717
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 21:24:35 (permalink)
post the video or stfu
Cybotron
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 21:41:07 (permalink)
Ascension

Well we kinda did.  

It was a strange scenario as when we went to view the house, next doors owner tried to put us off. Telling us that he was putting his house on the market and that the one I was getting was over priced. The agent and vendors said that he had been trying to buy the house for ages - but the vendors did not trust him.  The whole thing was a bit weird tbh.   I don't think it was a fully fledged care home prior to us moving in - but they ramped up maybe a year later after renovating it.  Cunts basically

Majik
So basically you hate the disabled

I don't know how you worked that one out but with your powers of deduction they should get you on the novachok case rudeboy

Domino
No, I've never lived next to a care home or been a peeping Tom with a fetish for disabled elderly Jamaican men. Sorry. 

Fixed

willfunk
Imagine for a second, buying a house and not checking what or who was living next door.

No I can't either.

When I read that all I could imagine is it being spoken with the voice of Kenneth Williams 

Will Mac
  • Total Posts : 15701
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 21:50:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Noc 2018/07/10 22:52:25
Now imagine a scouse voice calling you a soft cunt
Leer0y
  • Total Posts : 275
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 21:51:53 (permalink)
+1 for post the video
Cybotron
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 21:56:11 (permalink)
MrSlickle
Ascension

It’s not quite that simple - if it is a residential building rather than a medical building, it does not appear on searches, nor does it need to. The patients aren’t actually patients, they are deemed as ‘residents’ who rent their rooms (much like you or I would). Their padded rooms with bars on the windows. And a locked, alarmed door. And 24 hour supervision. Essentially it’s a fudge to get around planning regulations, finding places for people that would otherwise have nowhere to go, or be in unsupervised accomodation, or on the street. Laudable - but only if you’re at arms length.
My parents found this out the hard way; when the old lady across the way died, the local council/health authority turned it into one of these residencies, primarily for severely autistic teenagers, but didn’t need planning permission and didn’t need to inform local residents - we found out when the first people moved in and wondered why the roads were blocked with nurses’ cars and ambulances turned up every week (self harm was common). I lived with my parents for a bit when I came back from Stoke and every day we’d hear one poor bloke banging against the bars, occasionally with his head. Screaming, shouting etc.

The worst one was on a miserably hot Sunday afternoon, sat in my pants playing COD. Yes, what an image. A 15/year-old girl appears at my bedroom door, staring at me. Not saying anything. Staring at me, like boring into me. This was obviously quite a surprise, though I had an inkling where she’d come from. I asked her if she was ok, and made a move to get off my chair, but she ran to the kitchen. She tried to get hold of a boiling pan, by my mum managed to grab it first. The supervisor turned up soon after. Turns out one of the junior supervisors had left the door unlocked and she’s escaped into our unlocked house. She was deaf, mute and severely autistic, apparently.

It’s a tricky one - I have empathy for the residents, and the council/NHS - they have to go somewhere and the world is full of NIMBYs. Large-scale institutions are too costly to run thanks to widespread NHS and local council cuts. But then on the flip side...

But this side of chicanery goes on with any house sale. I enquired as to the railway line fairly close to my house on the plan before I bought mine. Just a local branch line he replied. Turns out it’s the East Coast Mainline.

This 

I have the managers asking me "should they live on the streets?".    I just tell them to go away with their pious altruism - they are running a business and whilst you are looking after these poor souls you are affecting our quality of life.  

But thankfully the outbursts from the tenants are not for sustained periods - otherwise it would be a major issue

cal2
post the video or stfu

No
post edited by Cybotron - 2018/07/11 06:52:09
Cybotron
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 21:58:38 (permalink)
willfunk
Now imagine a scouse voice calling you a soft cunt

Ok I just have. 

Am I meant to feel anything?

That is apart from the threat of my hub caps being pinched?

SA10
  • Total Posts : 255
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/10 22:16:45 (permalink)
just give him 2 sandwiches and then presumably he'll be sorted for this mysterious "picnic" you mention....*

*heavy sarcasm alert

Leer0y
  • Total Posts : 275
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/11 06:46:38 (permalink)
Why not post the video?
Cybotron
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/11 06:58:28 (permalink)
Leer0y
Why not post the video?

That wouldn't really be right m8
Syhr
  • Total Posts : 44234
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/11 08:08:39 (permalink)
Yeah m8, the guy who wants to close down a residential care home does have some morals!

S8
  • Total Posts : 19467
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/11 09:14:19 (permalink)
Who has hub caps in this day and age?
Cybotron
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/11 09:17:20 (permalink)
Syhr
Yeah m8, the guy who wants to close down a residential care home does have some morals!

If they are a commercial business that operate without consideration for their neighbours then yes I want them closed down.  

Sure you can be all atruistic when you don't have someone next door to you shouting "YOU FUCKING CUNT" on the regs within 5 metres of your 2 yr old daughter

Syhr
Burn it down.

popping to the petrol station brb m8

Cybotron
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/11 09:18:38 (permalink)
sectionate
Who has hub caps in this day and age?

Scousers 

They collect them
Leg Warmer
  • Total Posts : 14638
Re: Annoying neighbours 2018/07/11 09:29:38 (permalink)
I'd sell up and move somewhere else if I was you.
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0