Helpful ReplyHot!Moving to digital / DVS

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15178
Re: Moving to digital / DVS 2018/07/07 19:46:41 (permalink)
I’ve used Traktor for years and I love it, although it’s definitely overdue a major upgrade. If pioneer can get Rekordbox right though it’ll be the only software to use I reckon. One library that you can easily use across any equipment be that cdjs, controllers or DVS. That’s a big deal imo. You can use DVS at home and very easily switch to usb in the club if theres no decent turntables available.

The DVS side of rekordbox isn’t quite there yet though, I’ve been trying it out and it’s lacking lots of handy little features that traktor has had for years. For example a big one I miss is automatically switching to absolute mode when you drop the needle on the start of the record, which makes it so easy to skip through the track without having any cue points set. Not having macros is a big miss too, I've got them setup in Traktor so that I can use 4 decks with 2 turntables and it’s pretty slick. Oh and no 45 rpm mode, that shouldn’t matter but it bothers me nonetheless.

Meanwhile this could potentially make using DVS in clubs far less stressful: https://www.phase-project.com/ (although I’ve just seen that it’s another fucking box to plug in)
post edited by Postman Pat - 2018/07/07 19:48:15
MR.EQ
  • Total Posts : 17372
Re: Moving to digital / DVS 2018/07/07 20:02:04 (permalink)
Ha, yeah I run Traktor on the 45rpm setting, just feels right. *shrugs*

SIGS, EVERYTHING SIGS.
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 23105
Re: Moving to digital / DVS 2018/07/07 20:21:48 (permalink)
mrEQ

Same here. Was the first setting I changed when I set it up. 33rpm by default? Animals
Law
  • Total Posts : 64356
Re: Moving to digital / DVS 2018/07/09 13:09:56 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
mrEQ

Same here. Was the first setting I changed when I set it up. 

+1

PapaJaro
  • Total Posts : 6911
Re: Moving to digital / DVS 2018/07/09 14:55:20 (permalink)
Traktor was too complicated for me so I moved on to using usbs. HTH.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0