Helpful ReplyHot!Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
Willfunk
  • Total Posts : 15817
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 18:25:58 (permalink)
Kola Nut
These bastards have made me put on about 9 stone over the last year. Gonna have to move back to obsessing with gin tbh.

Talk to Badonde. Man knows his gin if your after recommendations. He plucked fresh thyme from his garden at 4am to make one for me, the fucking woofter
eddiebale
  • Total Posts : 1490
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 18:28:36 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Bruce Bogtrotter 2018/07/04 15:15:08
willfunk
I can't believe some people in this thread having a go at others for wanting to try different beers other than the usual pub/supermarket suspects.

Nice one for the suggestions guys I'll check them all out. On a positive note, Ive had 5 bottles of an IPA called 'Brokreacja -The Fighter' which is 8.9% from that Beer52 link and I am pretty plastered right now

8.9%!!! That's a scouser not going into work tomorrow then! Which is nothing new I guess...
post edited by eddiebale - 2018/07/03 18:41:14
Willfunk
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 18:30:34 (permalink)
eddiebale
willfunk
I can't believe some people in this thread having a go at others for wanting to try different beers other than the usual pub/supermarket suspects.

Nice one for the suggestions guys I'll check them all out. On a positive note, Ive had 5 bottles of an IPA called 'Brokreacja -The Fighter' which is 8.9% from that Beer52 link and I am pretty plastered right now

8.9%!!! That's a scouser not going into work tomorrow then! Which is nothong new I guess...

Get off your phone, put the child to bed and ring me you cunt
Bruce Bogtrotter
  • Total Posts : 7933
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 18:41:38 (permalink)
willfunk
Kola Nut
These bastards have made me put on about 9 stone over the last year. Gonna have to move back to obsessing with gin tbh.

Talk to Badonde. Man knows his gin if your after recommendations. He plucked fresh thyme from his garden at 4am to make one for me, the fucking woofter

You weren’t drinking Gin, you were drinking fragranced ironing water

Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 27909
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 18:46:38 (permalink)
Jimmy2Shoes
What are these beer shops some have mentioned?

Cross between an off licence and pub?

Yeah. Basically.

One opening in bedford soon, and there’s a decent one in Hitchin opposite the record shop.
Willfunk
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 22:28:09 (permalink)
BrianBadonde
willfunk
Kola Nut

You weren’t drinking Gin, you were drinking fragranced ironing water

LOL
OEM
  • Total Posts : 33468
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/04 07:09:52 (permalink)
Law
mouse
My point was that previous to the bandwagon jumping the market was primarily beardy socks and sandal CAMRA crew.

I'm pretty sure I read once that CAMRA hate this craft beer revolution, as it wasn't pioneered by them. It was hijacked. They especially dont like Brewdog.

Maybe it's a "techno vs EDM" type thing. But I can't ever remember enjoying some CAMRA endorsed warm weak tasting ale with a goblin or some bird with her knockers out on the pump. Fuck off mates.

They don't like kegged ale. Only cask. And load of other non-sense that only dinosaurs care about.

Brewdog took what was analogue and mass produced the same thing in digital.

It's not techno vs edm. It's vinyl vs mp3.

djlobes
  • Total Posts : 519
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/04 07:34:07 (permalink)
OEM
Law
mouse
My point was that previous to the bandwagon jumping the market was primarily beardy socks and sandal CAMRA crew.

I'm pretty sure I read once that CAMRA hate this craft beer revolution, as it wasn't pioneered by them. It was hijacked. They especially dont like Brewdog.

Maybe it's a "techno vs EDM" type thing. But I can't ever remember enjoying some CAMRA endorsed warm weak tasting ale with a goblin or some bird with her knockers out on the pump. Fuck off mates.

They don't like kegged ale. Only cask. And load of other non-sense that only dinosaurs care about.

Yeah, pretty much this. CAMRA was formed to protect real ale from being wiped out by mainstream lager and shitty kegged ale. Years later the Americans, largely inspired by CAMRA, started craft beer as an alternative to Budweiser etc. Then we realised the Americans were making tasty beer and started importing their hops and making our own tasty beer. 
It's come full circle, but a lot of CAMRA members are still clinging to the days when they were relevant and can't look past the fact that beer in kegs nowadays is a million miles away from the beer in kegs they formed to rally against. It's vinyl vs MP3, with a dash of brexit in the mix.

The Monkeynuts Mashup, Thursdays, 6-7.30pm on Futuredrumz Radio
Jimmy2Shoes
  • Total Posts : 6068
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/04 08:46:17 (permalink)
Smokey McPot
Jimmy2Shoes
What are these beer shops some have mentioned?

Cross between an off licence and pub?

Yeah. Basically.

One opening in bedford soon, and there’s a decent one in Hitchin opposite the record shop.

Nice one. I think I heard of the new one opening but just assumed it was a bar.
Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 27909
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/04 09:44:31 (permalink)
St Cuthberts street is the place to be these days.
Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1608
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/04 09:58:28 (permalink)
Beavertown beers will be available in the new Spurs stadium. I don't know what exact ones but I'm just glad we won't be doing Carling or Carlsberg!
Kola Nut
  • Total Posts : 26802
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/04 12:20:35 (permalink)
willfunk
Kola Nut

We have bonded over gin in the past. Not IRL though. I asked him to host a Gin & Bass years ago but he hated my guts.

Drumshit Radio. Every Thursday 12pm.
S8
  • Total Posts : 19653
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/04 13:17:16 (permalink)
gavinx
Syzlack_23

Haven't Beavertown just been bought by Heineken? Gamma ray will be in all the supermarkets soon

you say that like it's a bad thing? gamma ray and neck oil are the nectar of the gods

Neck oil is delicious 🤤
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 7840
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/04 13:45:10 (permalink)
Syzlack_23
gavinx
Syzlack_23

Haven't Beavertown just been bought by Heineken? Gamma ray will be in all the supermarkets soon

you say that like it's a bad thing? gamma ray and neck oil are the nectar of the gods

Agreed. I've confused myself.
I think my problem is I love high strength IPAs but the hangovers are unreal

yeah man, totally agree. the difference between four pints of gamma and four pints of - say - peroni on a work night is enormous. i think it's partly the hop content too
Bruce Bogtrotter
  • Total Posts : 7933
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/04 15:16:49 (permalink)
Kola Nut

We have bonded over gin in the past. Not IRL though. I asked him to host a Gin & Bass years ago but he hated my guts.

I would 100% attend a Gin & Bass event

Willfunk
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/04 15:21:48 (permalink)
BrianBadonde
Kola Nut

I would 100% attend a Gin & Bass event

I'd only go if the ice cubes where perfectly spherical
Patterman
  • Total Posts : 1559
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/05 08:13:56 (permalink)
Why do some of you craft beer drinkers have to clog up the bar taking so much time ordering a pint. It's like you've never been in a pub before. I like knowing what I'm drinking before I go out. Heineken is lovely in Ireland btw, use to hate drinking it in England.
Mighty Wighty
  • Total Posts : 7011
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/05 20:21:13 (permalink)
djlobes
OEM
Law
mouse

Yeah, pretty much this. CAMRA was formed to protect real ale from being wiped out by mainstream lager and shitty kegged ale. Years later the Americans, largely inspired by CAMRA, started craft beer as an alternative to Budweiser etc. Then we realised the Americans were making tasty beer and started importing their hops and making our own tasty beer. 
It's come full circle, but a lot of CAMRA members are still clinging to the days when they were relevant and can't look past the fact that beer in kegs nowadays is a million miles away from the beer in kegs they formed to rally against. It's vinyl vs MP3, with a dash of brexit in the mix.

Agree with all this, I enjoy both.

Kegs have come a long way and have a lot going for them but you can't beat cask conditioned ale.
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15178
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/05 20:39:45 (permalink)
Maybe it’s because I grew up in a pub, but you can’t beat a pint of properly kept local ale. One of my favourite things about our culture.
Test Recordings
  • Total Posts : 669
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/06 05:26:55 (permalink)
Grade
Craft beer is the Games Workshop of alcohol

I agree some craft is overpriced but stuff from small brewers can be cheaper at independent pubs than big names at pub chains like Green King. Carlsberg etc have a monopoly to start with then the chain management overcharge the pubs for the product, that's how they make their money. It's probably a little more expensive now but in 2011 I had a lovely stout from somewhere in Yorkshire for 2 fucking quid in Harewood, and an Alpine Air bitter at one place in the centre of Leeds was 1.60. The problem is I think with craft becoming so popular small brewers are going to charge more because they can when they could easily undercut big name lagers etc in the wider market.

I recommend finding a brewer and just buying a keg, you'd be surprised how cheap it really is. I suppose it's not a perfect comparison but I live next to a small brewery in Japan that sells kegs which work out to about ¥250 a pint (malt is extortionately taxed, so 1 pound 75ish maybe, but sold at ¥800+ in bars). If there isn't one nearby it isn't particularly convenient but it's fucking worth it if you can imo
Willfunk
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/06 07:37:54 (permalink)
Patterman
Why do some of you craft beer drinkers have to clog up the bar taking so much time ordering a pint. It's like you've never been in a pub before. I like knowing what I'm drinking before I go out. Heineken is lovely in Ireland btw, use to hate drinking it in England.

YE AND YOU WAIT AAAGES AND THEN YOU CAN'T EVEN GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF YOU POCKET BECAUSE OF YER BRASS HAND
Daniel Snakeman
  • Total Posts : 32144
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/06 07:52:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Will Mac 2018/07/06 08:30:16
willfunk
Patterman

YE AND YOU WAIT AAAGES AND THEN YOU CAN'T EVEN GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF YOU POCKET BECAUSE YER BRASS HAND GETS STUCK IN YER POCKET CAUSING YOU TO END UP IN A RIGHT FLUFFERY BUFFERY

HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED THAT WILL?
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 7840
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/06 13:04:29 (permalink)
deal on atm:

If you subscribe to beer 52, use the voucher code: arseblog, or just go to www.beer52.com/arseblog and make your order. You get a box of 8 world beers, a copy of the 'ferment' magazine, a d a snack, all just for deliver cost (£2.50). Then just cancel your subscription.
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 23105
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/07 11:14:48 (permalink)
Yeah Athletico Mince do the same offer

https://www.beer52.com/mince
MR.EQ
  • Total Posts : 17372
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/07 13:27:56 (permalink)
Fuck drinking Stella or any of that other hogswill all the time now I've discovered my tastebuds. #craftycunt

Punk IPA really is fantastic, I think the recent opening of a Brewdog boozer in Reading has definitely helped seal my doom. One of my locals also has regular craft beers and the like on rotation. WATTBA.

SIGS, EVERYTHING SIGS.
Willfunk
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/08 16:57:21 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Autograff 2018/07/09 12:53:03
Punk IPA is the Fosters of the ale world ed. Every time I've had a night on it I've woken up with the WORST hangover ever and a splitting headache. Spread your ale wings mate and try other brands. The ones I got from that Beer52 link were out of this world. Try them and I promise you you'll never drink that pisswater again.
Aunty West
  • Total Posts : 20626
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/08 16:59:34 (permalink)
the latest box from beer 52 was fantastic. all fuckig strong too

get a full crate for 12 quid https://www.beer52.com/jo./191477/323d3deeb45d10e6
post edited by geordie007 - 2018/07/08 17:03:20
Willfunk
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/08 17:28:04 (permalink)
geordie007
the latest box from beer 52 was fantastic. all fuckig strong too

get a full crate for 12 quid https://www.beer52.com/jo./191477/323d3deeb45d10e6

Yep, that 'fighter' one was mad juice. 4 bottles of that would have you teetering on the edge. All of them were delicious though. Just ordered another one for the match on Wednesday.

Use my promo code link lids so I can get free beer and you can get a cheap crate of excellent IPA

https://www.beer52.com/jo./246842/9522197b8164d56d
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 95941
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/08 18:42:47 (permalink)
I got the Beer52 one cos of the 3 quid offer but didn't think much of it at all, what the hell was that sour lime and raspberry thing?! More like an alcopop than a beer and only 3.5%. A couple of the IPAs were OK but I'd rather just get a box of Punk tbh. It works out over 3 quid each at full price so I don't see why I'd bother when I can select the ones I want for less than that. Also annoying you can't cancel it online.
post edited by RAYZA - 2018/07/08 18:44:39
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 95941
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/08 18:45:46 (permalink)
willfunk
Punk IPA is the Fosters of the ale world ed. Every time I've had a night on it I've woken up with the WORST hangover ever and a splitting headache. Spread your ale wings mate and try other brands. The ones I got from that Beer52 link were out of this world. Try them and I promise you you'll never drink that pisswater again.

I don't get the comparison, Fosters is too weak to ever cause a hangover and Fosters is cheap shit while Punk is pretty expensive compared to most lagers, it's similar price to Peroni. Can't say I've notifed feeling worse drinking them than a Peroni or Stella but I've never had more than 4 little cans at a time. If it's giving you a hangover then isn't it doing its job and you just need to drink less? None of the beer from Beer 52 were as nice, not that I've tried so far anyway, Ekuanot is the only one on a similar level.
post edited by RAYZA - 2018/07/08 18:49:10
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0