Helpful ReplyHot!Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
Cherno Samba
  • Total Posts : 2749
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 13:37:55 (permalink)
Smokey McPot
Will, make friends with your local brewery tap house, and a beer shop.

Beer shops are the new record shops.

These guys opened up last year just round the corner from mine https://www.instagram.com/prettydecentbc/

Then they completed life by opening a bar/record shop last month http://www.trackse7.com/

post edited by Cherno Samba - 2018/07/03 13:42:18
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 7735
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 13:38:17 (permalink)
Law
Grade
Craft beer is the Games Workshop of alcohol

I think it was. But you can literally go into any pub down my local high street and at least get a Punk IPA. Every supermarket is stacked with it. It's the norm.

Obsessing over it is another thing. But it's a total perfection not having to have a choice of Stella, Fosters or Carling (Or Strongbow) as your only standard, sure-fire pints.

man speaks the truth

long live the new order! prices are still a bit out of hand though, mind... especially for kids-size cans in restaurants
Panacea
  • Total Posts : 1946
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 13:48:38 (permalink)
Whagwan
Lrrr
Get a mail order shovel subscription.

It's called the dark web.

Pureo & Bean party @ Whagwan’s, then a Salt’n’Malt back @ Joey’s?

Make sure you extend the invitation to Newbie and mind the stairs!
Law
  • Total Posts : 64226
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 13:58:45 (permalink)
Kola Nut
We've all been drinking lager for at least 15 years you can't drink the same thing forever. Unless you're a fucking cunt.

lol
Kola Nut
  • Total Posts : 26782
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 14:08:37 (permalink)
I know so many blokes that just drink Stella and have done since we were kids. How can that be a thing?

Drumshit Radio. Every Thursday 12pm.
mouse oxford
  • Total Posts : 2214
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 14:12:31 (permalink)
All of these delivery things are pricey for what you get tbh. Just get yourself to you a local decent beer shop. Plenty about. And you don't have to pay silly mark ups for beer you haven't even chosen yourself.

Plus if you make friends with the owner you get invited to free tastings.
mouse oxford
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 14:14:17 (permalink)
Kola Nut
I know so many blokes that just drink Stella and have done since we were kids. How can that be a thing?

Yeah. This.

My guts go rotten at the thought of it.

Cunts in decent boozers with about 30 taps but drinking fosters can fuck off as well.
Syzlack_24
  • Total Posts : 9445
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 14:14:51 (permalink)
I had a wanky craft beer phase but I got sick of paying £6 a pint for something that smells like my nan's perfume.

Can't beat a crisp pint of Estrella IMHO!

Haven't Beavertown just been bought by Heineken? Gamma ray will be in all the supermarkets soon
Law
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 14:15:43 (permalink)
Kola Nut

I have a mate who only drinks Carling every day. He thinks all other alcohol is shit. 
He is also a plumber who runs his own successful firm and can barely use a computer. He's 28 years old.
Loam
  • Total Posts : 1476
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 14:17:00 (permalink)
I think less of people who drink peasant beer. One of my mates genuinely thinks budweiser is the king of beers.
winter
  • Total Posts : 4235
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 14:20:54 (permalink)
Best off just buying nice beers. These subscriptions will just send all the leftovers

Panacea
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 14:24:21 (permalink)
Stella is down to 4.8 now I think 💡
mouse oxford
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 14:25:05 (permalink)
Doesn't have to be about only drinking hipster beer though. Just not horrible gassy piss water either.

The fact that there is a market for decent beer has only been a good thing. Was a time, not that long back, that in 90% of boozers your choice was Carling, John Smiths, Strongbow or Guinness.

Most of the time now I'm not drinking to get pissed so would rather drink something interesting.
gavinx
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 14:33:35 (permalink)
Syzlack_23

Haven't Beavertown just been bought by Heineken? Gamma ray will be in all the supermarkets soon

you say that like it's a bad thing? gamma ray and neck oil are the nectar of the gods
Law
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 14:46:24 (permalink)
Someone needs to start doing Soundwave IPA in my town, or at least get it in a supermarket. Fucking incredible that stuff. And it has "soundwave" in the name also.
gavinx
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 14:55:06 (permalink)
Law
Someone needs to start doing Soundwave IPA in my town, or at least get it in a supermarket. Fucking incredible that stuff. And it has "soundwave" in the name also.

it's on tap at loads of places round here at the mo. lovely stuff. every siren beer i've had actually has been banging
Panacea
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 14:55:26 (permalink)
Distilleries are using music to age alcohol with "sonic aging" @Mixmag http://mixmag.net/read/di...-with-sonic-aging-news

YOU’RE WELCOME
Syzlack_24
  • Total Posts : 9445
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 15:05:50 (permalink)
gavinx
Syzlack_23

you say that like it's a bad thing? gamma ray and neck oil are the nectar of the gods

Agreed. I've confused myself.
I think my problem is I love high strength IPAs but the hangovers are unreal
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7217
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 15:18:49 (permalink)
mouse
Doesn't have to be about only drinking hipster beer though. Just not horrible gassy piss water either.

The fact that there is a market for decent beer has only been a good thing. Was a time, not that long back, that in 90% of boozers your choice was Carling, John Smiths, Strongbow or Guinness.

Most of the time now I'm not drinking to get pissed so would rather drink something interesting.

There was always a market for "good" beer. It's only now that real ale has been re-marketed as craft beer so hipsters have got on board. People that would have previously sneered at it are now making out it is a new development, the cunts.
mouse oxford
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 15:23:01 (permalink)
My point was that previous to the bandwagon jumping the market was primarily beardy socks and sandal CAMRA crew.

Now that it has become commercially viable you can get decent beer everywhere.
eddiebale
  • Total Posts : 1478
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 15:26:06 (permalink)
William, when you come down next check this place out. It's just off the M25 on the way to mine and the selection is WILD!

You should've check it out Friday....

https://www.alesbymail.co.uk
Law
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 15:39:57 (permalink)
mouse
My point was that previous to the bandwagon jumping the market was primarily beardy socks and sandal CAMRA crew.

I'm pretty sure I read once that CAMRA hate this craft beer revolution, as it wasn't pioneered by them. It was hijacked. They especially dont like Brewdog.

Maybe it's a "techno vs EDM" type thing. But I can't ever remember enjoying some CAMRA endorsed warm weak tasting ale with a goblin or some bird with her knockers out on the pump. Fuck off mates.

Law
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 15:41:37 (permalink)
If anything CAMRA were the bigger hipsters / elitists. They hate lager and anything that isnt in a cask.
Companies like Brewdog took it to the mainstream in a way that would resonate with people who are younger that 97 million years old.

LHC
  • Total Posts : 7217
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 15:50:04 (permalink)
Law
mouse

I'm pretty sure I read once that CAMRA hate this craft beer revolution, as it wasn't pioneered by them. It was hijacked. They especially dont like Brewdog.

Maybe it's a "techno vs EDM" type thing. But I can't ever remember enjoying some CAMRA endorsed warm weak tasting ale with a goblin or some bird with her knockers out on the pump. Fuck off mates.

It's more like a techno vs other techno thing. Each snooty group sneering at each other because of a very slightly differently placed hi-hat.
Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 27809
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 15:50:23 (permalink)
Syzlack_23

Yeah. been in waitrose for a while. Lupaloid, Gamma and Neck Oil
Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 27809
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 15:52:06 (permalink)
DrumBongo
Smokey McPot
Will, make friends with your local brewery tap house, and a beer shop.

Beer shops are the new record shops.

These guys opened up last year just round the corner from mine https://www.instagram.com/prettydecentbc/

Then they completed life by opening a bar/record shop last month http://www.trackse7.com/

The record shop is something to do with Ransom Note isnt it? 

Looks excellent TBH.
Cherno Samba
  • Total Posts : 2749
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 16:00:06 (permalink)
Yeah, it's the ransom note guys
Jimmy2Shoes
  • Total Posts : 6028
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 16:03:06 (permalink)
What are these beer shops some have mentioned?

Cross between an off licence and pub?
21 21
  • Total Posts : 6069
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 16:43:02 (permalink)
can't wait until we eventually get weed subscriptions and they deliver sweet little nugs of joy through my door. 
Will Mac
  • Total Posts : 15701
Re: Beer/Ale Monthly Subscriptions? 2018/07/03 18:19:06 (permalink)
I can't believe some people in this thread having a go at others for wanting to try different beers other than the usual pub/supermarket suspects.

Nice one for the suggestions guys I'll check them all out. On a positive note, Ive had 5 bottles of an IPA called 'Brokreacja -The Fighter' which is 8.9% from that Beer52 link and I am pretty plastered right now
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0