Hot!Amsterdam

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Jonesy.
  • Total Posts : 8396
2018/06/30 20:45:38 (permalink)

Amsterdam

Am going to Amsterdam next week. I don't think there's a recent thread so thought I'd start a new one.

Got some obvious touristy bits planned but wouldn't mind some recommendations for places to eat and smoke etc.

54 Replies Related Threads

21 21
    • Total Posts : 6504
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/06/30 20:53:28 (permalink)
    I like the Japanese food at Nooch. I also like the hash at Sibirie. 

Glow in the dark 3D mini-golf in the basement of a pub is good fun after a smoke. 
    https://glowgolf.nl/en/amsterdam/

The Pancake Bakery is good for pancakes.

The Cat Boat is fun if you like to look at / pet cats when you're stoned.
    https://depoezenboot.nl/en

There are some cool record shops about and check out the area "9 Streets" for some cool independent stores.

Then there's all the museums and shit too. 

Enjoy! 

Jonesy.
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/06/30 20:57:56 (permalink)
    Nice one Daz!

SmokedEggs
    • Total Posts : 2728
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/01 08:17:49 (permalink)
    Jonesy look up the most recent dam thread.. I posted a very large list of suggestions for food and drink in there last year. I live in the hague so know amsterdam a bit. Go to the reypenaer cheese tasting class if you like cheese and alcohol.
    Specialized1
    • Total Posts : 21720
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/01 10:44:19 (permalink)
    When is golf not 3D?

STEAM - McGrayUK
    Leer0y
    • Total Posts : 297
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/01 11:06:03 (permalink)
    Cat boat actually looks a certy motive
    21 21
    • Total Posts : 6504
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/01 12:32:06 (permalink)
    Specialized1
    When is golf not 3D?

I get this but I dunno, it's like super-extra-3D. 

you put on the little glasses and everything gets extra deep.

funnily enough tho, no mention of 3D on the website and nobody wearing glasses in the photos. 

did I imagine it was 3D? quite possible tbh 
    post edited by 21 21 - 2018/07/01 12:33:28
    OEM
    • Total Posts : 33579
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/01 13:59:03 (permalink)
    Fuck Amsterdam. The Hague is better, cleaner, cheaper, better food and it's not Amsterdam.

#DizzyDuck repin

SmokedEggs
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/01 15:06:32 (permalink)
    OEM
    Fuck Amsterdam. The Hague is better, cleaner, cheaper, better food and it's not Amsterdam.

#DizzyDuck repin

The weed at dizzy duck is absolutely ridiculous. Some of it is more like a class A experience.

The Hague is difficult for tourists though as there are many coffee shops that will not serve you if you dont have a Dutch ID. Plus the nightlife in the hague generally finishes about 1pm. There's fuck all beyond that.

If you get out into the dunes by the sea though that is marvellous.
    dimdum
    • Total Posts : 16924
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/01 15:10:33 (permalink)
    Someone recommended rotterdam to me once instead of Amsterdam so spent a weekend there. BORING.

Decent for the day time stuff and food. But not for debauchery
    WombRaider
    • Total Posts : 7513
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/01 15:45:32 (permalink)
    Go to 'body worlds' it will freak u out
    dreamworld
    • Total Posts : 5148
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/01 16:22:54 (permalink)
    dimdum
    Someone recommended rotterdam to me once instead of Amsterdam so spent a weekend there. BORING.

Decent for the day time stuff and food. But not for debauchery

Yeah you don’t need a weekend. Great day trip from Amsty though. We visited Triple Vision which was pretty cool.
    OEM
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/01 16:50:02 (permalink)
    Smoked Eggs, when did the Dutch ID become a thing?

You're right about the nightlife. The beach area is sick tho.

SmokedEggs
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/01 19:51:01 (permalink)
    OEM
    Smoked Eggs, when did the Dutch ID become a thing?

You're right about the nightlife. The beach area is sick tho.

Been a couple of years now. I think dizzy duck dont care as they're not in an area frequented by tourists. Cremers though are militant and some others in town too. There are plenty in the centre though so just keep trying others.
    OEM
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/01 20:00:17 (permalink)
    Last time I went was around January 2017 and I remember it was fucking freezing at the time. No one asked. Dizzy, Cremers, sky high, London etc etc. They were chillin.

Maybe things have changed. Idk.
    post edited by OEM - 2018/07/01 20:05:22

OEM
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/01 20:04:11 (permalink)
    In fact I remember one head shop in town, near some massive cathedral that was having work done on it. I think he was saying he couldn't sell me oil unless I had ID. That wasn't a coffee shop tho, and they didn't sell herb or resin. Only pipes and bongs and shit.

SmokedEggs
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/01 20:42:40 (permalink)
    OEM
    In fact I remember one head shop in town, near some massive cathedral that was having work done on it. I think he was saying he couldn't sell me oil unless I had ID. That wasn't a coffee shop tho, and they didn't sell herb or resin. Only pipes and bongs and shit.

Sounds like Euphoria on Schoolstraat. They sell good truffles :0
    OEM
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/01 21:00:32 (permalink)
    Schoolstraat. I starred it in maps because I had every intention to go back with my mate. Then I got stoned and forgot everything, including my name.

gavinx
    • Total Posts : 8020
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/02 12:54:17 (permalink)
    i went round february time. someone on here gave me a nice contact for gear... if you're interested, send me a PM
    Jonesy.
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/05 19:26:56 (permalink)
    Anyone done truffles out there?

I am considering it but its borderline the best / worst idea of all time. I haven't tripped for about 14 years.

SmokedEggs
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/07 19:45:31 (permalink)
    Jonesy.
    Anyone done truffles out there?

I am considering it but its borderline the best / worst idea of all time. I haven't tripped for about 14 years.

Don't do that in dam. It's not a good environment for psychedelics. Go camping
    Patterman
    • Total Posts : 1640
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/08 21:13:17 (permalink)
    Yeah, terrible place to do it. I had to go back to the hotel room because of the prangs. I was convinced everyone was out to rape me. Got a cab back to the hotel and thanked the driver for not raping me. Put me off for life.
    Me_Kick_Out_Teet
    • Total Posts : 21548
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/09 12:22:17 (permalink)
    Not been for a couple years now but it is fucking expensive nowadays and the red light district has been all broken up and the bit where it went underground and you had all the crackhead in has been converted into luxury flats.... Most of the street dealers are no longer flexing on the street now either. 

Still worth a visit but no way is it how it used to be 

Johnny Quest
    • Total Posts : 9283
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/09 12:45:45 (permalink)
    I took the strongest truffles out there and went to a sex museum, rode a bike, saw some homeless immigrants have a knife fight. It's meant to be a hectic experience tbh. If you want safe then maybe stay at home with a green tea and an Adam Sandler film. 
    MellowHype
    • Total Posts : 6362
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/09 22:43:31 (permalink)
    Truffles are fun if you're drinking and out and about. Not so much if you're just blazing and getting prang
    OEM
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/09 22:56:54 (permalink)
    Domino
    Not been for a couple years now but it is fucking expensive nowadays and the red light district has been all broken up and the bit where it went underground and you had all the crackhead in has been converted into luxury flats.... Most of the street dealers are no longer flexing on the street now either. 

Still worth a visit but no way is it how it used to be 

Every alleyway had a pub/bar you could smoke in. You could even buy bud and drink in the same place. However, politics and business money changed all that and the council closed smoke shops, turned smoker cafes into restaurants, cleared out the red light to make it more appealing to foreign investment and less attractive to drug and sex tourism.

It's still there. A very watered down version of it if you ever experienced it in the 90's, early 00's. 

Me_Kick_Out_Teet
    • Total Posts : 21548
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/10 10:08:52 (permalink)
    Yeah I first went there in 2000 and it was completely different... You could get beak everywhere ... in restaurants and shops and the stuff floating around was so strong that you wouldn't really want / need anymore after 2 lines of it. I remember bringing a load of bugle and weed back and got to customs here and there was no one even there to check our bags or anything and I just walked straight through

That underground bit near a church where the red light district used to converge was like a true hell on earth. Whores, dealers, crackheads piping in the darkness with their eyes bulging.... Prang levels were through the roof going in there. Gutted it is all gone. 
    wiseacre
    • Total Posts : 20686
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/10 10:34:54 (permalink)
    is that really narrow alley still there? that was an experience shroomed off my tits, brr.

no
    LHC
    • Total Posts : 7668
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/10 10:43:24 (permalink)
    There is still a really narrow alley that leads to stairs, which f you go down leads to a dead end. It's still quite different there, in that it suddenly seems like it's almost exclusively greasy men on the prowl, as opposed to the rest of the red light district which is like a theme park.
    badder2
    • Total Posts : 2344
    Re: Amsterdam 2018/07/10 10:49:04 (permalink)
    Patterman
    Yeah, terrible place to do it. I had to go back to the hotel room because of the prangs. I was convinced everyone was out to rape me. Got a cab back to the hotel and thanked the driver for not raping me. Put me off for life.

DA FUCK
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0