• Total Posts : 23125
2018/06/21 18:07:14 (permalink)

Doc Scott UKF Interview

Refreshingly open and honest

https://ukf.com/words/if-...-with-depression/22206

10 Replies Related Threads

WiffleBat
    • Total Posts : 5038
    Re: Doc Scott UKF Interview 2018/06/21 18:26:10 (permalink)
    Without looking at it, does he say he's had enough of drum & bass and he's going to stop making it?

Edit: Having looked at it, that might be a bit cuntish.
    Fiend.
    • Total Posts : 1356
    Re: Doc Scott UKF Interview 2018/06/21 19:59:18 (permalink)
    Very good interview, bang on with "refreshingly open and honest".

Was just enjoying his headz mix the other night: https://soundcloud.com/metalheadz/metalheadz-podcast-61-doc-scott , glad he's back on track.

...is this what you want???
    wakeytom
    • Total Posts : 2871
    Re: Doc Scott UKF Interview 2018/06/21 20:14:54 (permalink)
    Wow what an honest interview and a subject that needs to be talked about more. Good to hear that he is managing to use his coping mechanisms.

On the musical side I used to love his Future Beat shows and glad he started them online again - such different sounds and soundscapes, something very interesting to listen to
    Flow Joe
    • Total Posts : 1683
    Re: Doc Scott UKF Interview 2018/06/21 22:22:39 (permalink)
    Think that’s the most interesting interview Doc Scott has given to date. It’s a sad irony people can often only muster up the courage to talk about issues, once they’re under control.

Got to laugh at Marcus going up to him asking “What the fuck is this?”, prob expecting “This is sick!”, but getting “This is shit!”. 😂

On a related note, watched that Avicii documentary a while ago, so sad to see...
    Cybotron
    • Total Posts : 943
    Re: Doc Scott UKF Interview 2018/06/21 22:49:52 (permalink)
    Lovely, refreshing and explains why Scotty did a Rider and started playing mostly jump up.  That really baffled me.

When Scotty goes in, he's a bad man.  
    badder2
    • Total Posts : 2345
    Re: Doc Scott UKF Interview 2018/06/22 05:24:26 (permalink)
    He's supporting Martyn at his album launch at berghain. Would be good to see, i was wondering what he would play.
    Noc
    • Total Posts : 19671
    Re: Doc Scott UKF Interview 2018/06/27 10:18:30 (permalink)

This is a great job, don’t get me wrong, but when you’re not enjoying yourself when you’re on the decks then all the travelling and time away from home really hits hard. And all this made me hate myself.

I kept saying to myself ‘dude you’ve got this dream job why are being so ungrateful?’ Plus around this time I also started to see online negativity on forums and can remember getting murdered on Dogs On Acid.

People saying I was playing a load of shit and asking what the fuck am I doing. I don’t care who you are, it’s not pleasant to read bad things about yourself.

What’s worse is that I couldn’t disagree with the comments. I was just in this tailspin that I couldn’t get out of.

Hands down one of the best interviews with a dnb DJ I've ever read. The Resident Advisor Andy C one from a few weeks back was but this goes far deeper than just music.

As a journalist you dream of getting to talk to people who open up like this and don't give a fuck about PR or image. Big up Dave Jenkins for getting Scotty to spill his guts on the record.
    RUSSELL CLARTY
    • Total Posts : 12984
    Re: Doc Scott UKF Interview 2018/06/27 11:55:45 (permalink)
    I have nothing but respect for that kind of honest self appraisal. The producer of Tokyo Dawn and Shadow Boxing could quite easily have slid into middle aged bill paying mode and told everyone demanding more works of genius to fuck off.

I can only hope he hasn't been too hard on himself. Scotty-Dappa 

smolsky
    • Total Posts : 440
    Re: Doc Scott UKF Interview 2018/07/09 22:54:46 (permalink)
    Doc Scott,along with Martyn,reminiscing about happier times

http://www.electronicbeats.net/martynanddocscott/
    RUSSELL CLARTY
    • Total Posts : 12984
    Re: Doc Scott UKF Interview 2018/07/10 12:16:39 (permalink)
    Martyn is a top top geezer. Loved that robots on acid vibe he had

Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0