Helpful ReplyHot!TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
James OD
  • Total Posts : 12277
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/04 17:36:49 (permalink)
Got a decent Brucie a few days ago. My cousin is getting married in SF. Basically a family member couldn’t make it for whatever reason so I got free flights and FOC accommodation.

ESTA sorted, all paperwork done and leaving later this month đź’Ş

The first stop will be Shoe Biz on Height St. the trainer thread will be well Jel.

dimdum
  • Total Posts : 16937
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/04 18:02:05 (permalink)
Looking to go somewhere for a weekend start of November. Tallin looks great. Bet it’s fucking freezing

Got a great trip coming up mid November to January. 7 weeks! Cycling across the Andes for charity. Then pissing around Santiago, Belize, Guatemala. Xmas in Miami and NYE in Lisbon. Very excite
Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 28052
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/04 18:22:11 (permalink)
I’m not going anywhere. Mint night.
Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 3930
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/04 18:28:43 (permalink)
Im going to Leicester and Warrington over the next few weeks
Cybotron
  • Total Posts : 986
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/04 19:26:04 (permalink)
dimdum

Got a great trip coming up mid November to January. 7 weeks! Cycling across the Andes for charity. Then pissing around Santiago, Belize, Guatemala. Xmas in Miami and NYE in Lisbon. Very excite

Belize is amazing 

If you like diving go to Caye Caulker 
S8
  • Total Posts : 19858
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/04 20:03:49 (permalink)
willfunk
Someone have a shite in a cable car again pls

This is one of the many reasons why the banana board has entertained me over the years lol

Rudiger01
Im going to Leicester and Warrington over the next few weeks

Phwoar. I'm going to Dover in a fortnight. 

And The Bahamas, but I don't want to rub that in, honest.
Travs
  • Total Posts : 570
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/04 20:51:17 (permalink)
Malta has some great places. Valletta is stunning.

Haven't been abroad this year, as done about 10 long weekends away in various parts of the UK.

Going to Skye in Feb or March, hoping to run on the Trotternish Ridge and up in the Cullin area. Had been really hoping to do a boat trip out to St Kilda (the most remote part of Britain, about 60 miles out into the Atlantic Ocean) but they don't run that time of year due to the sea conditions.

Going to Tenerife in June. Will be staying in the north of the island which is really stunning and a different world away from the likes of Playa, and Los Cristianos in the south. Actually going for a race, but will be spending 10 days or so exploring the remote parts of the island.
post edited by Travs - 2018/10/04 20:52:45
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 97005
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/04 21:05:44 (permalink)
MellowHype
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/04 23:48:20 (permalink)
Cybotron
MellowHype
Malta is great too. The locals eat a fish called lampuki which is great. Fatten up on pastizzi too, so good.

You know!

Do you prefer the peas or ricotta cheese version ?

Also have you tried prickly pears ?  Close run with mango or watermelon as the finest fruit.

Absolutely man, they just grow on the side of the road.

I prefer the ricotta pastizzis, I open them up and sprinkle a little black pepper inside. I think the pea ones have beef in them and I dont really eat beef.
post edited by MellowHype - 2018/10/04 23:51:49
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 11720
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/05 00:22:37 (permalink)
Anyone been to Timisoara? Got a friend out there and I hear Romania is pretty nice as well as cheap
OEM
  • Total Posts : 33671
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/05 03:40:00 (permalink)
Cybotron
JUDGEDREDD
Anyone using Monzo card or Revolut app? or any other decent currency conversions as I don't want to be walking around with wads tbfandtbh but I've never used either abroad

I used Revolut in Thailand and it's brilliant.  You just need internet and an ATM

I'm in Thailand now. Revolut is ok in malls, bars etc but if you want to eat real Thai food they don't accept cards. Cash only.  Same goes for bars under 500bht. 711 shops over 300bht, when a beer costs 39bht. She wanted her nails done, 690. Had to charge us the minimum, 700.

Ended up needing quite a lot of cash tbh.

Cybotron
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/05 04:38:44 (permalink)
OEM
Cybotron
JUDGEDREDD
Anyone using Monzo card or Revolut app? or any other decent currency conversions as I don't want to be walking around with wads tbfandtbh but I've never used either abroad

I used Revolut in Thailand and it's brilliant.  You just need internet and an ATM

I'm in Thailand now. Revolut is ok in malls, bars etc but if you want to eat real Thai food they don't accept cards. Cash only.  Same goes for bars under 500bht. 711 shops over 300bht, when a beer costs 39bht. She wanted her nails done, 690. Had to charge us the minimum, 700.

Ended up needing quite a lot of cash tbh.

I used Revolut to withdraw cash
Rudeboysy
  • Total Posts : 2962
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/05 08:26:31 (permalink)
Off to Namibia at the end of the month. Gonna be sick.

+1 for Monzo. Been using it for about a month so far and really like it.
Spector
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/05 08:40:10 (permalink)
just got back from galicia in north west spain, next level seafood !
dimdum
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/05 11:35:39 (permalink)
Rudeboysy

Namibia is stunning. Could drive around that country for years. Check out the wilderburg plateau if you can
dimdum
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/05 11:38:44 (permalink)
Cybotron
dimdum

Belize is amazing 

That’s the plan! Got 10 days on that island! Supposed to be full of gak too!

Wanted to stay at the brilliantly named hotel, Dick McNasty which changed to Drifted Coconut but it appears to have closed down
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 8147
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/05 14:58:29 (permalink)
belize is so-so but guatemala is lush. go to flores on lago peten (near tikal site)... really nice little community, covered in the best beak and shrooms i've ever done

the islands off honduras are the best spot for diving imo. utila is basically paradise.

and plus one for sri lanka. had my honeymoon there. almost three weeks of utter perfection.
Rudeboysy
  • Total Posts : 2962
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/05 16:43:26 (permalink)
dimdum
Rudeboysy

Namibia is stunning. Could drive around that country for years. Check out the wilderburg plateau if you can

Safe. Will be driving past that on the last day so will make a stop
Duderonomy
  • Total Posts : 3553
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/05 18:09:22 (permalink)
Thinking of moving to Quebec in the spring. Get as far away from the Brexshit clusterfuck as possible. Anyone been/any tips?
21 21
  • Total Posts : 6650
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/05 18:24:43 (permalink)
weirdly I've never even checked out quebec but just did a google image search and it looks amazing

might move there too, see you there
Patterman
  • Total Posts : 1717
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/05 19:20:05 (permalink)
It’s so weird. Like the weirdest.
Duderonomy
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/05 21:13:17 (permalink)
LOL, ok, maybe that reads like I'm just pointing at places on the map, or going through the alphabet and realised "...P, Portugal, Poland, Pennsylvania, check, Q...da fuk. Q? Oh, Quebec. Need that. Gotta get 'em all".
My girl is looking at a job there, and aside from clean air, skiing, maple syrup, and moose, not sure what the place is about*, but suspect I'm going to find out. Was getting bored with all that culture, sunshine, amazing food, disgustingly fit birds, cheap booze, festivals, tradition, architecture and the Med anyway. Barcelona is soooooo last week.

*aboot
(fixed)
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20813
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/06 06:40:35 (permalink)
A propos, as Quebec is French speaking and fiercely independent

no
Duderonomy
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/06 07:43:25 (permalink)
wiseacre
fiercely independent

My first thought was: not this shit again!
Cybotron
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/06 13:37:16 (permalink)
dimdum
Cybotron
dimdum

Belize is amazing 

Wanted to stay at the brilliantly named hotel, Dick McNasty which changed to Drifted Coconut but it appears to have closed down

My Mrs found out she was cheggers a few days before we went so I didn't partake in any gear shenanigans. Diving and eating bbq lobster and fish every other day is pretty cool though

We stayed at Colinda Cabanas and another place which I can't remember....both were really good.

You'll love it
PapaJaro
  • Total Posts : 6991
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/07 02:36:24 (permalink)
Duderonomy
LOL, ok, maybe that reads like I'm just pointing at places on the map, or going through the alphabet and realised "...P, Portugal, Poland, Pennsylvania, check, Q...da fuk. Q? Oh, Quebec. Need that. Gotta get 'em all".
My girl is looking at a job there, and aside from clean air, skiing, maple syrup, and moose, not sure what the place is about*, but suspect I'm going to find out. Was getting bored with all that culture, sunshine, amazing food, disgustingly fit birds, cheap booze, festivals, tradition, architecture and the Med anyway. Barcelona is soooooo last week.

*aboot
(fixed)

You're going to hit a wall with the letter X, unless you switch to Catalan (rules permitting).
Duderonomy
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/07 10:56:37 (permalink)
There must be cities in China that begin with an X, but not interested in living in/visiting China. Feck dat.
H. H. Holmes
  • Total Posts : 3452
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/07 12:03:05 (permalink)
Cybotron
dimdum
Cybotron
dimdum

Belize is amazing 

My Mrs found out she was cheggers a few days before we went so I didn't partake in any gear shenanigans.

Absolute bender
OEM
  • Total Posts : 33671
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/08 07:36:15 (permalink)
Duderonomy
There must be cities in China that begin with an X, but not interested in living in/visiting China. Feck dat.

Mate visits Shanghai for business needs and tells me it is fiercely overcrowded. I'd tell you his knowledge of public toilets but you wouldn't believe me.

Also, Chinks are rude and will simply push you out of the way for fun.

S8
  • Total Posts : 19858
Re: TRAVEL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/08 08:03:20 (permalink)
OEM
Duderonomy

Mate visits Shanghai for business needs and tells me it is fiercely overcrowded. I'd tell you his knowledge of public toilets but you wouldn't believe me.

Also, Chinks are rude and will simply push you out of the way for fun.

Pushing them back when is a great sport tbh; they were pushy fuckers when I was in Italy
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0