Helpful ReplyHot!Jammer Interview

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Jamie S23
  • Total Posts : 16416
2018/02/21 15:46:59 (permalink)

Jammer Interview

It's a tough watch, that DJ Argue couldn't argue his way out of a packet of crisps. Annoying little shit.

Stamina MC
  • Total Posts : 17288
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/21 18:39:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Jamie S23 2018/02/22 08:26:58
Just got finished watching this after seeing Jammer put up a meme on IG... bruh. That DJ well and truly snookered himself, fucking HELL. And despite the seemed irony of his name, talking over your guest is never the one — I kick myself if I do it by accident on my show, but what this guy was doing was next level messy. Aside from the double-speak at the very beginning, Jammer came with gems — so glad an interview like that exists, tbh.
djctee
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/21 19:08:50 (permalink)
Was talking about this to my boy today. This topic had potential but was ruined by whoever that Argue guy is not understanding a thing and trying too hard to be controversial. 

It's irrelevant but I highly doubt Radar are making money off YouTube, and even if they are it will be pocket change to Ollie or his dad. The real topic which Jammer touched upon but got locked off quickly should have been why MCs will do stuff for free for Red Bull, Boiler Room, Nike, etc (because of its roots I would even class Radar as a 'corporate' tbh) but then like Jammer said, ask for grands from him to do something like LOTM.

Although I've had backing on there from dj's I don't think I will ever back Radar 100% because of its foundation. Saw a Resident Advisor comment a while back saying 'Radar>Rinse'. 'llow it
djctee
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/21 19:14:51 (permalink)
Also how can your ethos be "tune in or fuck off", mobile number and everything but when a topic gets a tad bit heated someone in the studio has to press the panic button to call security man Pav in at 30:00. not very grime

quite hilarious how they've upped the interview video though, hope it's monetised lool

RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 96951
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/21 19:20:58 (permalink)
Interviewer seems like a right dick. Jammer isn't the sharpest tool either. Everything sick.
Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 3919
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/21 19:42:00 (permalink)
I dont understand a word anyone is saying. Can someone translate for me? Just a little summary
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 96951
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/21 19:42:37 (permalink)

Stamina MC
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/21 19:45:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby RAYZA 2018/02/21 19:53:18
Rudiger01
I dont understand a word anyone is saying. Can someone translate for me? Just a little summary

Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 3919
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/21 19:51:23 (permalink)
Im not street enough. Someone said fam and I turned it off
MellowHype
  • Total Posts : 6382
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/21 19:58:14 (permalink)

Law
  • Total Posts : 64364
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/21 20:04:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Stamina MC 2018/02/21 23:18:17
Jammer is for the most part completely bang on. Just a shame he resorted to shouting near the end. Thing is, music is a young mans game and no matter what happens, major labels are marketing music at kids - they always will. Same as watching Lord Jamar (especially), G Rap and Rakim talking about the state of hip hop on VladTV (a massive twat that guy). Although G Rap and Rakim for example seem to have just accepted with how it is.

Bottom line is, kids are gonna get exploited by labels and big business, guys like Jammer will always stand on their own two feet because they cultivate their scene, not just dip in and take out of it when it suits them.

I felt a bit bad for Argue at times, but he fucked up big time making assumptions about on Jammers finances. Also whilst Jammers been humble on Twitter in the aftermath, Argue has just been retweeting people backing him and cussing Jammer.

Not sure why I got so into this debate, I guess it's kinda something I feel quite strongly about in D&B.
post edited by Law - 2018/02/21 20:06:28
Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 28049
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/21 20:04:33 (permalink)
What a palava.
DrKevorkian
  • Total Posts : 1549
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/21 20:47:00 (permalink)
Enjoyed that. Think Law summed it up best.

Bit stupid of Argue to stand there and pretend that he didn't know that people were making money from the artists he got for free, but that's about it.
Loam
  • Total Posts : 1592
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/21 21:56:26 (permalink)
Shit scene, shit people
Stamina MC
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/21 23:21:31 (permalink)
Law
Jammer is for the most part completely bang on. Just a shame he resorted to shouting near the end.

It's an inevitability when people are wilfully ignorant, I'd say. I woulda thought Jammer would have had enough conversations like that already as to stop it getting to that point, but I can't ever think to tell a man how to feel about something they care about. Everyone has a breaking point, innit.
MellowHype
  • Total Posts : 6382
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/22 01:14:41 (permalink)
Stormzy also getting abit lairy pon stage tonight. Oiiiiii
Jamie S23
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/22 08:27:05 (permalink)
Stamina MC
Just got finished watching this after seeing Jammer put up a meme on IG... bruh. That DJ well and truly snookered himself, fucking HELL. And despite the seemed irony of his name, talking over your guest is never the one — I kick myself if I do it by accident on my show, but what this guy was doing was next level messy. Aside from the double-speak at the very beginning, Jammer came with gems — so glad an interview like that exists, tbh.

Real talk.
KnuckleHead
  • Total Posts : 16035
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/22 09:54:13 (permalink)
That dj is some bait face doing the controversial angle to gain views.

Jammer is right, how are these guys asking him for 10k to spit on HIS dvd when they'll spit for RedBull corporate cornball rubbish for free. Noone paid Jammer and them when they built a scene (which has now basically become the mainstream) on pirate radio and in his mum's basement. 

Jammer is a clown but he has proper music knowledge and is pure entertainment.
This is a much better interview with Stormin where he's being himself more lol

Jamie S23
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/22 09:57:53 (permalink)
The Red Bull comments were interesting however, I see that from both points of view.

I think the DJ will look back at this interview when he's an adult (which he clearly isn't at present) and hold his hands in his face. What a cunt.

He's almost on Danny Byrd level.
Majik
  • Total Posts : 41835
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/22 10:47:32 (permalink)
Jammer is actually very smart when it comes to music, production and the business side of things. When he tries to act certi it’s bait though.

Argue is a kid really, early 20’s, he’s only been about on Radar etc for a few years. He’s a decent DJ though.

Not listened to the interview yet but won’t be castigating the kid for being out of his depth. This kind of interview facilitated by Logan would be decent even if he’s a bit of a wally.

Jamie S23
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/22 10:57:53 (permalink)
26 though..
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 21576
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/22 11:04:18 (permalink)
I thought he said 27

I agree with Jammer though and think he had a right to react like how he did... The guy didn't want to admit he fucked up and it just went round and round which is why jammer got wound up

Penis behaviour by Argue....and then trying to end the show on a man!?
Jamie S23
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/22 11:13:14 (permalink)
Domino
I thought he said 27

I agree with Jammer though and think he had a right to react like how he did... The guy didn't want to admit he fucked up and it just went round and round which is why jammer got wound up

Penis behaviour by Argue....and then trying to end the show on a man!?

Think you're right you know. Almost 30 and acting like a 12 year old.
Law
  • Total Posts : 64364
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/22 11:14:27 (permalink)
Yeah, Argue wouldnt admit what he said and then played dumb when Jammer was asking him rhetorical questions he clearly new the answers to. Fucking annoying when people act like that in a argument.

Interesting point about MCs quick enough to ask Jammer for money but they don't ask "the man" when he comes knocking? So you do some shit for Redbull and think the shine alone is enough? But when one of your own is making any kind of money, you want paying? Jammer's right in that respect, it's the sort of attitude that means certain parts of the UK underground scene will never stand on it's own two like that, and will always be bent over waiting to be fucked.
post edited by Law - 2018/02/22 11:16:27
Jamie S23
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/22 11:20:07 (permalink)
Argue's whole attitude in respect of not really giving a shit about the birth of grime and it's foundations is something I personally come across a lot in drum and bass.

I think that's why this video has pissed me off more than it should have. That and the fact he blatantly has no respect.
0-AID
  • Total Posts : 9768
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/22 11:24:32 (permalink)
To play devil's advocate, why should the young guys coming in care about history? That stuff is in the past, it's all about shaping the future, playing and making music their peers like, surely?

If I'm a newcomer why should I care that *insert legendary DJ here* was good 20 years ago when *insert legendary label* was relevant?

post edited by 0-AID - 2018/02/22 11:25:37

"I don't rap for dead presidents, I'd rather see the president dead, It's never been said, But I set precedents and the standards, and they can't stand it.."
Jamie S23
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/22 11:27:17 (permalink)
0-AID
To play devil's advocate, why should the young guys coming in care about history? That stuff is in the past, it's all about shaping the future, playing and making music their peers like, surely?

Personally, the better understanding someone has about the foundations, the more likely they are to understand where they are going.

They can't, as you say, make sure like their peers unless they understand how the foundations were set imo.

On the Jammer subject, Argue talked to him like he was nobody, as if he was irrelevant. That's like doing an interview with Fabio and being a cunt from the off.
0-AID
  • Total Posts : 9768
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/22 11:34:30 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Jamie S23 2018/02/22 11:37:19
dj jamie
0-AID

Personally, the better understanding someone has about the foundations, the more likely they are to understand where they are going.

They can't, as you say, make sure like their peers unless they understand how the foundations were set imo.

On the Jammer subject, Argue talked to him like he was nobody, as if he was irrelevant. That's like doing an interview with Fabio and being a cunt from the off.

Personally, I agree with you, but I'm from the same sort of era as you.

The problem I have with an interview like this, is when someone who is deemed a 'veteran' tries to come and tell the new generation (that happen to be younger) that they're doing it all wrong and their way is the way.

Unfortunately, times change and things like social media do play a big part in the way music are consumed. Vinyl records and dubplates are no longer relevant, etc etc.

There comes a time when attitudes and concepts change, you either get with the times or you get left behind.

"I don't rap for dead presidents, I'd rather see the president dead, It's never been said, But I set precedents and the standards, and they can't stand it.."
Jamie S23
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/22 11:39:24 (permalink)
True, I get that. Jammer is obviously dead against artists using social media as a springboard as it obviously is much easier to promote yourself 'the lazy way'. I don't really know how I personally feel about this, I see an argument for and against it.

The same could be said for events these days, nobody prints 10,000 flyers and stops around giving them out really do they? That's because times have changed and everyone just spams the invite button on Facebook.

What would happen if promoters went back to the original way of advertising?
Sheriff Lobo
  • Total Posts : 2725
Re: Jammer Interview 2018/02/22 11:40:45 (permalink)
I'm with Rudgie tbh, had to turn it off as following that conversation required too much concentration.

Stamina MC
Rudiger01

No, we're just northern.

Jammer - "U get me?"
Me - "Not really m8"
Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0