Helpful ReplyHot!ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories...

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Author
Noc
  • Total Posts : 19412
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 11:17:10 (permalink)
"Ravedome" lol. It was a sports centre or something. I went to a Fusion there in 95, the state of Hayes and Harlington station in the morning was something else.

https://goo.gl/images/L5qKaL
smolsky
  • Total Posts : 422
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 11:19:37 (permalink)
First time I saw Andy was at Voodoo Magic and he was top notch back then with his sets standing out from the big boys at the time. His mixing was always super tight and his selection made him standout as he was dropping what were at the time old tunes like R Type and Dark Stranger rmx in amongst upto date dubplate bangers.It was quite a rarity as duplate culture was king but it was refreshing to hear.

Andy took the crown around 96 after Speed of Sound came out. His sets were always the ones to go to from all the Roast,Desire,World Dance etc tape packs down to his mixing and selection.And after I’d heard him at the End in 97 he was untouchable. Testament to that was that he’d play at all the end nights not just Ram. He was the pick of the night whether it was Hardware,V,Prototype,Full Cycle and the energy levels always went up no matter who he came on afterwards.

Didn’t listen to him much after 01 with Bodyrock making things turn for the worst. But making it to XOYO for a few nights last year proved that he can smash the granny out of it and blow anyone out of the water still.

And the fact that he’s so humble makes the man even more of a legend. When’s the knighthood coming then Liz?
Noc
  • Total Posts : 19412
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 11:31:26 (permalink)
smolsky

And the fact that he’s so humble makes the man even more of a legend. When’s the knighthood coming then Liz?

If Wiley and Goldie get MBEs he has to be in the running.
Buck Fuddy
  • Total Posts : 22266
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 13:14:49 (permalink)
Like Law said. His set at Traffic was incredible.

Also have to mention his set at EoC's birthday at Plan B. Absolutely destroyed the place. Set was never released unfortunately.
post edited by Mr Sketch - 2018/01/14 13:15:52
KNUCKLES
  • Total Posts : 15560
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 13:20:40 (permalink)
 I rate Andy's input to DnB moreso than Goldie's but I think Goldie had more of a public profile, he would do occasional acting roles and work with 'the youths' and stuff like that. Plus he's abit more of a personality than Andy ie. he has one
post edited by KNUCKLES - 2018/01/14 13:22:03
Arcadian
  • Total Posts : 1667
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 15:39:58 (permalink)
Mr Sketch
Also have to mention his set at EoC's birthday at Plan B. Absolutely destroyed the place. Set was never released unfortunately.

keira/metzie should be sending PMs with it. its nearly 10 years and andy is in a different stratosphere now anyway
Kez
  • Total Posts : 255
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 20:09:09 (permalink)
SW14
Some personal nostalgia from down the years:

- Seeing him 3 nights in a row once at Fabric, Bristol and then Valve sound system. Won two backstage tickets off here and said I'd seen him consecutively and he couldn't believe it.

Yes SW14!! Remember this weekend like it was yesterday even though its over 10 years ago now. Total missions in the back of my Ford Fiesta, up and down the M4, swear it took me a week to recover from that mad weekend session.

Another mad Andy tearout was that Metalheadz night at Cable way back in 2010. Really dug deep that night and smashed the night to pieces. 

On the second video when he just nonchalantly switches Link to the Past to that Spirit, Redial remix! I mean seriously fuck off Andy!! 
That was the first time I've ever heard LTTP as well, where the drop on that just blew me away. That whole night was sick!

Watching back some of these videos are really providing some Sunday night feels. Watching Andy dig around his record box for the next tune to line up.........Thats something his new setup can't replicate and probably the aspect I miss whenever I see him live now these days. 

However, Andy has consistently delivered the most iconic moments and memorable nights that I've ever experienced in the scene. 

Long Live The King! 
The Duck of Death
  • Total Posts : 17771
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 20:17:07 (permalink)
The EoC birthday set was unreal, if there is such a thing as an mp3 somebody pls whifper it in in my ear pls. I lost my bank card in there and bumped into Sessionz at Victoria who lent me the cash to get back to Brighton. What a lovely boy.

Alternative highlights were closing out Homelands with about 7 million rewinds of Bodyrock, and doing the same thing at Fabrics the following friday. Lowlights were any scenario which involved playing Sapced Invader, god i hate that tune.

SW14
  • Total Posts : 12377
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 20:24:58 (permalink)
That second mix is sick. Just cues it and rides it in the mix.

Remember hearing him play LTTP for the first time after Lovebox 2010 and it knocking me in the face.
Arcadian
  • Total Posts : 1667
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 20:28:12 (permalink)
For me it was knowing he'd drop Titan. Waiting for him to pull something, the anticipation of what he's going to bring in, hearing the little swirling bass creep in building to a crazy drop and going crazy.
takes me back to The End. i'd stop to catch my breath for a second, look around and the place was going nuts. 
soulfocus
  • Total Posts : 2890
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 20:31:30 (permalink)
Majik
That flyer is amazing soulfocus.

Nothing says Golden Era D&B  like a cartoon about a cow 

I swear about a third of the line up didn't show but this was in the days of DJs doing 4-5 gigs in one night. Rider was on first and think he was meant to be playing in Skegness the same night. Demolition Cru did the midnight set and Hype finished it off when there must've been about 150 people left. He walked out the front door with the rest of us at the end.

As mentioned above, the train station in the morning wasn't pretty. Not even sure there were any trains running with it being NY Day. We managed to find the only cab in sight and got home without too much hassle (CSB etc)

I'd really like to hear this Andy @ EOC set. Its regularly mentioned on here so it's reaching mythical status at this point.
Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 3472
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 20:37:29 (permalink)

That mix into Hard Noize

Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 30883
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 20:44:12 (permalink)
soulfocus
Moondance NYE '96 in Hounslow - he dropped Recharge while I was standing near the main speakers and I got a nosebleed. Bouncers thought I'd been beaten up.

Mid '97 he did a small One Nation in Camberley. Stevie Hyper  was MCing and it was all Speed Of Sound era stuff and he battered it. Pretty much everyone from my estate was in there (even though they mostly liked Happy Hardcore)  No recording unfortunately.

MOS festival at Knebworth in 2001 (?). Battered it. One of the stage dancers got her tits out iirc

prob loads more. Lost count of how many times I saw him between 96-2005.

Old dean?!

soulfocus
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 20:53:34 (permalink)
Yup
djctee
  • Total Posts : 111
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 21:13:56 (permalink)
hugh10364

WTF is he doing here with the tempo (@6:20), annoying the camera pans away, looks like its before he had serato / traktor

Rah first time I've seen him not use an Allen n Grief. Surely that's the first thing on the rider lol
Lrrr
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 21:33:07 (permalink)
soulfocus
Yup

20 years later, they’re all still listening to the same tunes!

Rudiger01
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 21:39:16 (permalink)
Noc
"Ravedome" lol. It was a sports centre or something. 

I remember when I was too young to go out and I had hundreds of flyers on my wall and they were all advertised like that. Ravedome. Techarena. The hardcore megathunderdome etc etc. I had visions of these places all being these huge, monolithic style places. The sort that we would rave in if Stalin had took over the world. I was gutted when I started going out realising they were just shitty sports centres and Phoenix nights type british legions
soulfocus
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 21:45:06 (permalink)
Lrrr
soulfocus
Yup

20 years later, they’re all still listening to the same tunes!

that doesn't surprise me at all. Imagine there's still a big market for bongs and gauzes over that way too 
Lrrr
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/14 22:39:55 (permalink)
It’s a pretty special place. After about 10 generations of marrying second cousins, the whole estate is like the pit bull breed.

You not around this way anymore?

HughbertD
  • Total Posts : 759
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/01/15 08:44:58 (permalink)
Kez

On the second video when he just nonchalantly switches Link to the Past to that Spirit, Redial remix! I mean seriously fuck off Andy!! 

4:04 in that second video for the ever present sound of someone saying "FUCK OFF" during an andy mix. 

mstoilettits
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/03/31 17:35:21 (permalink)
its bollocks though innit. look what they did to Audio
Cybotron
  • Total Posts : 684
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/03/31 18:58:55 (permalink)
gavinx

b2b randall at turnmills one carnival weekend (2007?) - roller after roller

Seen him loads of times but this was silly 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3xKWqACPxc

wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20380
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/04/04 09:37:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Arcadian 2018/04/04 11:33:14
if anyone's interested in his setup and how he does things here's a little interview he did with NI

https://blog.native-instruments.com/traktor-signatures-andy-c/?_ga=2.218999129.1726513473.1522834327-1600513062.1522321612

no
Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 27809
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/04/04 10:03:12 (permalink)
wiseacre
if anyone's interested in his setup and how he does things here's a little interview he did with NI

https://blog.native-instruments.com/traktor-signatures-andy-c/?_ga=2.218999129.1726513473.1522834327-1600513062.1522321612

i do enjoy those sorts of interviews.
The Duck of Death
  • Total Posts : 17771
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/04/04 10:41:23 (permalink)
Cybotron
gavinx

lol bird losing her shit at 2.47 mins
Handsome B Wonderful
  • Total Posts : 11986
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/04/04 10:42:30 (permalink)
Hahaha.

I'm really glad none of my raving days exist online (I hope).
Syhr
  • Total Posts : 44234
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/04/04 10:45:03 (permalink)
Horsey Boy
Cybotron
gavinx

lol bird losing her shit at 2.47 mins

isn't that Malloy the Cat Burglar AKA DJ Hoopz AKA Sausagepie?

Lrrr
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/04/04 10:57:11 (permalink)
She looked like she was wearing sneakers.

Whatever happened to her? That whole episode was the best thing on here ever.

Rudiger01
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/04/04 14:07:37 (permalink)
Lrrr
She looked like she was wearing sneakers.

Whatever happened to her? That whole episode was the best thing on here ever.

Linkage
Lrrr
Re: ANDY C Appreciation thread/nostalgic memories... 2018/04/04 14:26:27 (permalink)
Died with the old forum.

She basically robbed everyone blind. Hillarity ensued.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0