Helpful ReplyHot!New Years Resolutions

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
LHC
  • Total Posts : 6434
Re: New Years Resolutions 2018/01/01 12:19:48 (permalink)
Happy Birthday to you binar and Happy New Year to all. May it bring you the all the students you can raep.
_Nearly 50 FFS_
  • Total Posts : 15240
Re: New Years Resolutions 2018/01/01 12:39:48 (permalink)
Innit786
_binar_
Happy new year y'all, hope it gives you what you want, and that you go and take it.

Now that I've upgraded to the latest version of Reason, I aim to create as much good new tune shizzle as I can muster, and will learn all the different players you can get in Reason 10. Going for the 140bpm vibe for now, all kinds of styles.

Also it's my B-day today, and my screen name applies for exactly 364 days from today, eek. 

See you all on here soon x

Happy 49th mate.
Can't believe reason is at 10 now. Feels like I only upgraded the other day but still on 7. Much to shout about on 10?

And happy New year all.

Cheers guys... my version was from 2012 I think - I had to use a patch to open it on windows 10, now you have to sign-in to the Props online every time you want to open something which is pretty shit if you're nowhere near the internet, but these days I guess...

There are some interesting synths, there's a new kind of mixing desk also that looks pretty sick - I've only just started scratching the surface so far, very early days - the basic sequencer - the speed that you can arrange/automate/load & edit samples was always the thing for me, that's the same. Also the soundbanks are pretty heavily loaded, more so than before, shitloads of new drum sounds and loops to play with 

I was thinking about getting recycle, way too expensive now though. So as to get vocals or drum loops to speed up keeping the same pitch I'm just opening a loop in wavelab, going 'effects', 'pitch change' then reducing to say 86% - then putting it into a NN19 sampler, then speeding up the sample to fit the tune in NN19 - that way I've sped up a vocal from 109bpm to 130bpm but keeping the pitch the same. Took a while to suss it out, like anything I do in production as it's all for fun, learning as I go - but it should work the same with drum loops, you just don't have the slices, but you can always edit the hits in the wave editor. 

Bring the Noise 
/thread hijack
Will Mac
  • Total Posts : 15198
Re: New Years Resolutions 2018/01/01 13:59:26 (permalink)
Happy birthday Binar you Trilobite
Godfrey Tweeed
  • Total Posts : 1475
Re: New Years Resolutions 2018/01/01 14:14:15 (permalink)
binar knows that help is coming

_Nearly 50 FFS_
Re: New Years Resolutions 2018/01/01 17:57:03 (permalink)
^^ that face.... My knees/lungs/heart can't take it at 178bpm anymore, that's my lot, I'm done - so long world... 
Johnny Quest
  • Total Posts : 9042
Re: New Years Resolutions 2018/01/01 18:01:49 (permalink)
Happy birthday Binar.

May your farts be ripe and blissful. 
Bruce Bogtrotter
  • Total Posts : 7694
Re: New Years Resolutions 2018/01/01 19:19:12 (permalink)
willfunk
Remain single for a full year. Which I haven't done since I was about 16.

Add "remain disease free" to that and I will eat my inability to experience the fyner things in life.

Will Mac
  • Total Posts : 15198
Re: New Years Resolutions 2018/01/01 20:12:54 (permalink)
BrianBadonde
willfunk
Remain single for a full year. Which I haven't done since I was about 16.

Add "remain disease free" to that and I will eat my inability to experience the fyner things in life.

LOL you cunt, I am fucking dead here
PapaJaro
  • Total Posts : 6682
Re: New Years Resolutions 2018/01/02 02:13:54 (permalink)
_binar_
^^ that face.... My knees/lungs/heart can't take it at 178bpm anymore, that's my lot, I'm done - so long world... 

Have you tried 172-4? 
_Nearly 50 FFS_
Re: New Years Resolutions 2018/01/02 12:37:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Will Mac 2018/01/02 12:56:19
PapaJaro
_binar_

Have you tried 172-4? 

It's not a pic of me really - 178 is where I mix at, so I don't need to pitch anything down - my knees can take that fine, thanks though.

This is what I really look like:

LHC
  • Total Posts : 6434
Re: New Years Resolutions 2018/01/12 20:25:42 (permalink)
I know it's only a couple of weeks in but has anybody made any progress yet or  given up entirely already?  I figure it's good to keep track instead of coming back a year later having forgotten what my plans were and confirming that I achieved nothing.

LHC
I also don't tend to do New Year resolutions but here are some plans I have

- phone less
I think I've improved a little on this. Fucking hell though, it is seriously difficult. I've been a bit more aware when I've started using my phone for no reason so I could fuck it off more easily. I've also taken some pleasure from the occasions when I've thought about picking it up and then not done so. I think the key is to see how many times you can not look at your phone in an hour and then try to beat that record.

- gym more / put more effort in (this has become a general lose a bit of fat task)
Not bad on this front. I've almost completely stopped snacking and been to the gym a decent number of times, although probably not with sufficient effort. I put on a pair of trousers last week which were shockingly tight around the waist so there's additional motivation/fear.

- try to spend less money on known tax dodging companies
Hasn't really come up yet. 

- new job
Zero progress

(Plus a couple I have decided to add since making the post)
- do more music (attempting to produced and/or mix)
Zero progress. I loaded Maschine earlier but did nothing useful

- get back into learning / practising Spanish
Nothing formal but I've watched a few films and started listening to a few podcasts again. I need to do more because I'm not really gaining much with such a passive approach.

gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 22303
Re: New Years Resolutions 2018/01/12 20:54:28 (permalink)
Dry January is out the window. I've had 3 beers and a few stripes already

I'll do an extra day in feb to make up
Jonesy.
  • Total Posts : 8003
Re: New Years Resolutions 2018/01/12 20:54:38 (permalink)
Don't do any shovel for the whole year

Nearly failed this the other night. My pal was knocking on my door at 230am after a night out trying g to push shovel on me. I was smashed in bed Tring to sleep. Luckily ignored. Going strong.

---------------
Go on my phone a lot less

Fucking mega fail

-----------------
Lose weight

Work in progress. Doing OK.

-----------------
Don't use credit cards

Great success.

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0