Helpful ReplyHot!New Years Resolutions

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
MellowHype
  • Total Posts : 6323
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/27 22:53:41 (permalink)
Find more time/locations to take photos - Kind of but not as much as I want to
Make a street photography book/magazine for my own enjoyment, -  almost, I printed the photos recently
Improve writing skills by writing a blog. - Win, wrote 3 blogs
Paint more - - Win then fail
Some more physcidelic experiences - failed, although done plenty of MDMA
And lots of small steps to ensure a smooth transition to moving abroad - Went smoothly
Maybe some fitness somewhere along the line - Joined the gym and hit it for 6 months. 

This year it's basically about sorting life/work out into a better structure and being happy and healthy while doing it.

JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 11462
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 01:40:35 (permalink)
Less mindless internet
More exercise / stretching in morning and night / cardio
Try and get a book done a week / fortnight
Finish off my driving license or maybe opt for a 125
Engage more hobbies (badminton / guitar / photography)
Become more advanced I'm the kitchen and prep meals for the week / eat healthier)
Less meat consumption.
Few holidays
Learn some courses and build upon my skillset, start focusing on avenues for self employment.
Less phone time (no notifications except for calls has made a significantly positive impact)
Reduce social media activity / reduce friendships with people who only exist in the digital world.
Take more steps to reduce anxiety
Begin meditating
Document more of my life to track the changes over the years
Nearly quit ciggies all together before hitting 2018 which has been nice.

Going to set smaller milestones and increase my self discipline, managed to stay off pureo for quite a while last year as well, tempted to try and get back in to green, something weak and mellow that won't exacerbate my anxiety and trigger paranoia. Just occasionally to have a mellow Sunday from time to time

Also instead of the odd nights in the pub too often, reduce them and with the money I save use it for actual gigs and proper reasons to go out.

I have a lot I want to work on, last year was a write off with the various things that presented themselves.

One of my major issues is I lack discipline and I'm easily swayed... I don't want to look back on the next 5 years and think Christ where's it all gone.. I've had plenty of fun and i think it's about time I grew up and got some decent traits that will enrich my life.

i wish you all the best with the changes you want to make, I hope next year's bump shows as many of us as possible happy with the progress we're making.

[Edit] A few things from last year have been worked on and are headed in the right direction, a few less so and some no longer relevant... "JUDGEDREDD has inspiration but lacked drive for the year, some areas to focus on more than other 3/10"
post edited by JUDGEDREDD - 2017/12/28 07:24:12
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 96178
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 01:46:54 (permalink)
Having that much stuff you want to change sounds like a recipe for self loathing.

Last year I said I wanted to do a tenth of the amount of sniff I did in 2016 and I succeeded, I went from doing it every week to doing it every couple of months. Admittedly I started doing codeine but it's a preferable habit to have imo.

This year I can't think of anything in particular tbh, as long as I'm happy I wouldn't want to burden myself or set myself up for failure.
Handsome B Wonderful
  • Total Posts : 11986
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 06:58:24 (permalink)
JUDGEDREDD
Less mindless internet

JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 11462
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 07:03:50 (permalink)
Razor
Having that much stuff you want to change sounds like a recipe for self loathing.

Less about self loathing (there is some), more about taking steps to improve aspects of my life, everything took a major reset 6 months ago and I'm finally just getting past a number of underlying mental health issues that reared their ugly heads again, I want to be a lot more stronger and prepared for the next time (if) they decide to swallow up my world again.

Fortunately out of that it's given me a chance to reflect on my life and lives of people around me. I've been lucky in a sense because I managed to quit my job and have time to heal whilst living off savings which I've not made too much of a dent in, now I plan to use them to enrich my life and hopefully head out of 2018 a happier better person. I don't really like the whole new year new me stuff but it certainly makes a lot of sense to look at what you're doing from time to time to figure out what you can be doing to improve.

Settings smaller more achievable milestones to work towards, will always help attaining the larger goals.

I'm sure there's a few more things that will pop in over time and nothing I want to work on is too outlandish, it all comes down to self-discipline which is guess is the bigger picture that I'm aiming for.

If you're happy where you are now then that's good mate, not everyone want to or needs to set themselves goals just because it's new years, however it's as good a time as any.

I also need to get to work on finishing more of my steam library... things ridiculous now, had to stop buying humble bundles lol
post edited by JUDGEDREDD - 2017/12/28 07:08:45
Rudeboysy
  • Total Posts : 2933
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 08:45:11 (permalink)
Lose about 20kg. Would like to have more photography time too.

Other than that my life is pretty good!
KNUCKLES
  • Total Posts : 15792
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 09:04:19 (permalink)
finish a whole tune
Daniel Snakeman
  • Total Posts : 32144
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 09:07:01 (permalink)
Do X amount of open water swimming
Pool swim a minimum of twice a week for the entire year
Lose at least a stone
Stop being so utterly pathetic with money
Loam
  • Total Posts : 1538
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 09:40:30 (permalink)
Quit vaping
Less beer
More exercise
DrumBongo
  • Total Posts : 2777
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 09:54:24 (permalink)
Go travelling to SE Asia
Go snowboarding
Pay off a chunk of debt
Swim more
Oh and spend less time on my phone

I'm quite good at hitting the big goals but the little things like going gym, getting in shape, stop wasting time on the internet and using my decks more tend to fall by the wayside
mouse oxford
  • Total Posts : 2282
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 09:56:19 (permalink)
Razor
I wouldn't want to burden myself or set myself up for failure.

"The lesson is, never try"
Kola Nut
  • Total Posts : 26802
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 09:57:45 (permalink)
Last year

Lose lots of weight - Lost 2 stone between Jan and May and now I'm back to the same weight I was last December.
Complete gin - Done.

This year

Lose 2 stone again but try and keep it off
Complete jungle

Drumshit Radio. Every Thursday 12pm.
Nakoma
  • Total Posts : 2978
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 11:05:33 (permalink)
Buy my first house
Pass a 2-3 more professional qualifications to keep working towards my career goals. (Agile PM Practitioner, Lean Sigma Green Belt, Business Analysis Foundation, DevOps Foundation, SIAM Foundation and possibly GDPR)
Start up and promote a dnb night.
Joey Gunz
  • Total Posts : 15990
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 11:33:26 (permalink)
"Make my millions knocking up contemporary log cabin dollhouses."

FFS didn't even make one.

Johnny Quest
  • Total Posts : 9283
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 14:09:44 (permalink)
mouse
Razor

b2b

"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing".

LHC
  • Total Posts : 7526
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 15:12:29 (permalink)
Johnny Quest
mouse
Razor

b2b

"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing".

b2b

Willfunk
  • Total Posts : 15869
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 16:44:30 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby PapaJaro 2017/12/28 21:00:25
Remain single for a full year. Which I haven't done since I was about 16.
The Duck of Death
  • Total Posts : 17788
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 18:42:26 (permalink)
Horsey Boy
move to a different city maybe

maybe not as well though

semi tried this, tenancy ran out so sofa surfed for a couple of months trying to get interviews and my act together to move while i had no ties. had semi sleep deprived breakdown, got my own place instead.

again, the lesson here is clearly not to try
PapaJaro
  • Total Posts : 6941
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 21:02:59 (permalink)
Over the last couple of years I've managed to channel all my problems into one giant Diet Coke drinking problem. Now it's time to deal with it head on. Thinking of going cold turkey. Not sure if it'll work. 
S8
  • Total Posts : 19712
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/28 21:18:31 (permalink)
MellowHype

I tried this a few years ago and wanted to go out once a month with my camera, it didn’t work and it made it feel forced. This year, I decided a planned road trip every few months was better and I have enjoyed my photos a lot more!
Whitey
  • Total Posts : 9998
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/29 04:02:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby LHC 2017/12/29 10:32:55
willfunk
Remain single for a full year. Which I haven't done since I was about 16.

CTRL + ALT + WHITEY
OEM
  • Total Posts : 33492
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/29 08:42:56 (permalink)
You pricks are so negative.

Drink more
Sniff more
Smoke more weed
Buy a faster car
Buy a 4K projector
Big A/V sub
Pull at least 2 sickies for extended holidays
Kill someone
Raep a uni student

As a starting point tbh.

Colin2013
  • Total Posts : 1105
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/29 09:08:39 (permalink)
Lol
Willfunk
  • Total Posts : 15869
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/29 10:14:50 (permalink)
OEM

Kill someone
Raep a uni student

As a starting point tbh.

Fucking LOL
MellowHype
  • Total Posts : 6323
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/29 14:45:39 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby S8 2017/12/29 20:59:50
sectionate
MellowHype

I tried this a few years ago and wanted to go out once a month with my camera, it didn’t work and it made it feel forced. This year, I decided a planned road trip every few months was better and I have enjoyed my photos a lot more!

On my daily travels I just take notes of places I pass and hear about that I'd like to take photos at. When I get an opportunity I head there with my camera. I have a day off today and it's snowing so I'm heading downtown to see if I can get some snowy shots of some street going ons. I'll probably end up in a pub like usual though.
Resolutions start Tuesday, right?
Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1643
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/29 19:32:25 (permalink)
If you do dry January does it still count if you get smashed NYE as you're actually drinking on Jan 1st? I'm not asking for me as my birthday is in Jan so I'm not gonna be doing it!
S8
  • Total Posts : 19712
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/29 21:00:12 (permalink)
MellowHype
sectionate
MellowHype

On my daily travels I just take notes of places I pass and hear about that I'd like to take photos at. When I get an opportunity I head there with my camera. I have a day off today and it's snowing so I'm heading downtown to see if I can get some snowy shots of some street going ons. I'll probably end up in a pub like usual though.
Resolutions start Tuesday, right?

They do 
Syzlack_24
  • Total Posts : 9556
Re: New Years Resolutions 2017/12/30 00:00:42 (permalink)
OEM
You pricks are so negative.

Drink more
Sniff more
Smoke more weed
Buy a faster car
Buy a 4K projector
Big A/V sub
Pull at least 2 sickies for extended holidays
Kill someone
Raep a uni student

As a starting point tbh.

I believe in you Jag
_Nearly 50 FFS_
  • Total Posts : 15457
Re: New Years Resolutions 2018/01/01 12:02:37 (permalink)
Happy new year y'all, hope it gives you what you want, and that you go and take it.

Now that I've upgraded to the latest version of Reason, I aim to create as much good new tune shizzle as I can muster, and will learn all the different players you can get in Reason 10. Going for the 140bpm vibe for now, all kinds of styles.

Also it's my B-day today, and my screen name applies for exactly 364 days from today, eek. 

See you all on here soon x
Innit786
  • Total Posts : 305
Re: New Years Resolutions 2018/01/01 12:12:41 (permalink)
_binar_
Happy new year y'all, hope it gives you what you want, and that you go and take it.

Now that I've upgraded to the latest version of Reason, I aim to create as much good new tune shizzle as I can muster, and will learn all the different players you can get in Reason 10. Going for the 140bpm vibe for now, all kinds of styles.

Also it's my B-day today, and my screen name applies for exactly 364 days from today, eek. 

See you all on here soon x

Happy 49th mate.
Can't believe reason is at 10 now. Feels like I only upgraded the other day but still on 7. Much to shout about on 10?

And happy New year all.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0