Helpful ReplyHot!Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be...

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 20
Author
LHC
  • Total Posts : 6098
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 14:50:04 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Will Mac 2017/11/15 12:45:22
I was thinking the same. I was thinking of selling them with the proceeds going to the GoFundMe or whatever it will be. I'll post them up later.
hugh10364
  • Total Posts : 621
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 14:57:59 (permalink)
Pretty much all more ambients / groovey jungle bits

https://www.mixcloud.com/duff/playlists/jungle/

The Waco Kid
  • Total Posts : 43682
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 15:15:10 (permalink)
What can we sort for this GoFundMe thing then? Not sure how it works really but would it be easier if someone that knew him or is going to the funeral sorted it? Would probably be good to get it underway sooner than later as I guess plans are in motion and things need paying for.

if most of the people in here with good memories of IKOS stuck a tenner or so in, it would at least get some drinks in for the wake and make sure the people in attendance give him a good send off.

OEM
  • Total Posts : 32362
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 15:24:52 (permalink)
I suggested it but no one has come forward. We can do a forum whip round and someone on Facebook who knows the family can link the cash to them. Really, it needs to started and sent by someone verifiable, who is close to them

Griff
  • Total Posts : 8521
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 15:26:22 (permalink)
Maybe Mixman when he reads this?  

Like you say, ideally needs to be someone who was close to him/his family etc.  But the sooner it's set up the better really I think. 
OEM
  • Total Posts : 32362
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 15:29:44 (permalink)
He said he lived with him in 2012. Dunno if he's the one for this bro. Can anyone on FB message his relatives and somehow get a message to his mum we want to do this?

Traffic
  • Total Posts : 16396
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 15:33:05 (permalink)
I have his mother's email address as he had asked me to transfer the cash to her when I was purchasing some art from him. I can share that with someone closer if they would like to reach out?
The Waco Kid
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 15:38:03 (permalink)
TopNotch and Oversight seemed to know him better than most?

Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 30005
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 15:43:07 (permalink)
I've got spare time today to set the page up and shit, but it doesn't really feel appropriate someone doing it who doesn't know his family personally.

Law
  • Total Posts : 63075
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 16:09:56 (permalink)
Traffic
I have his mother's email address as he had asked me to transfer the cash to her when I was purchasing some art from him. I can share that with someone closer if they would like to reach out?

This is the best bet. Not meaning to sound cynical but lets not have someone just randomly set up the page... money generated like that vanishes suddenly. 
Lrrr
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 16:14:19 (permalink)
I don't think anyone would be scummy enough to rob from a Justgiving page, but it would definitely be easier if someone close to him set it up.

Oversight
  • Total Posts : 1149
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 16:18:14 (permalink)
I knew him irl, but don’t know his family/ am not from round his way etc, i am going to the funeral though, ive been chatting to mixman on facebook, i have no idea how to set up a go fund me page but im happy to have a go. Maybe i’ll run it by mixman first?

I suppose then his folks could decide what to use the cash for, be it a release or to pay towards funeral costs etc?

Edit - ive messaged mixman to get his input
post edited by Oversight - 2017/11/14 16:21:21
Lrrr
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 16:20:18 (permalink)
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising

Judging from some of the campaigns I've seen in the past, it must be pretty simple to setup.

Geordie007
  • Total Posts : 19661
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 16:49:10 (permalink)
Id be up for that and one or two of his prints. I really wanted him to paint a wall for me too. Wish id actually got round to calling him after he reached out when i was in a bad place

IKOS
I saw your posts talking about what a rough time you've been having and I just wanted to check in and say hello. If I can ever do anything to help just ask and I'll do it. I know how you feel mate trust me, it's obvious from my post history on here that I've suffered with some ridiculously testing levels of mental ill health over the years and i'm still on meds now for depression and anxiety but i'm getting by and things do get better.

Don't suffer in silence man, if you ever need to talk and there's no one around feel free to give me a bell, any time of the day or night ***********. It might be easier to natter to some random off the internet than someone close to you so stick it in your phone and use it if you ever need to.

Stay strong mate, For fuck sake just don't ever give up.

Late night or daytime on mixlr hed always be on always appreciating anything i threw at him from abstract jazz or techno and properly having a chat.

Probably shouldnt have thought about him passing as much as i have really but thats how i remember him ^^^ always wanting to help people including those he never met from a big yellow webpage.
post edited by geordie007 - 2017/11/14 17:15:27
Majik
  • Total Posts : 40983
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 17:06:37 (permalink)
I would definitely buy one of the prints if the profits went to his family.

RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 91552
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 17:07:05 (permalink)
Not sure I really see the value in raising funds considering he doesn't have kids or a wife.
LHC
  • Total Posts : 6098
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 17:08:48 (permalink)
There are still costs such as funeral arrangements
Will Mac
  • Total Posts : 14974
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 17:12:26 (permalink)
Majik
I would definitely buy one of the prints if the profits went to his family.

Same
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 20978
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 17:16:38 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby 0-AID 2017/11/14 17:21:49
Razor
Not sure I really see the value in raising funds considering he doesn't have kids or a wife.

No, just a grieving mother who has to fork out to bury her kid. That's all.

Even of it doesn't make economic sense to you I'm sure you can understand it might be a nice gesture that he had a lot of people that cared enough to raise a bit of cash for him
The Waco Kid
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 17:33:40 (permalink)
Even if it bought a round of drinks for everyone at the wake, that would be worthwhile.

Arcadian
  • Total Posts : 1364
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 17:42:16 (permalink)
up for donating once sorted. nice one guys
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 91552
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 17:50:33 (permalink)
Domino
Razor

No, just a grieving mother who has to fork out to bury her kid. That's all.

Even of it doesn't make economic sense to you I'm sure you can understand it might be a nice gesture that he had a lot of people that cared enough to raise a bit of cash for him

If the parents need it yeah, who knows if they do. There's nothing wrong with questioning where it would be going. Very often these things are started by opportunists and the money never goes where it was intended to. Flinging money at a website without proper arrangements isn't very helpful.
Rapt
  • Total Posts : 4119
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 17:59:54 (permalink)
Yes good idea, I'd like to donate.
Oversight
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 18:09:52 (permalink)
Just been speaking to fletch, who has been discussing it with other close friends, the general consensus is that everyone wants to run it by his folks first. Which makes absolute sense. That then it’s entirely up to them and they can decide what the money goes towards.

It sounds as tho everyone is incredibly touched that the forum lot want to get involved :)
Geordie007
  • Total Posts : 19661
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 18:34:19 (permalink)
Oversight
Just been speaking to fletch, who has been discussing it with other close friends, the general consensus is that everyone wants to run it by his folks first. Which makes absolute sense. That then it’s entirely up to them and they can decide what the money goes towards.

It sounds as tho everyone is incredibly touched that the forum lot want to get involved :)

Wherever the parents want the money to go to then im happy with that.

If we can help in his memory as much as he wanted to help others then thats a good thing
Oversight
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 18:41:33 (permalink)
Totally agree. Fletch has suggested a homeless charity, as Rich used to volunteer for one.

But yeah, whatever his parents would prefer imo
SW14
  • Total Posts : 9634
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 19:07:39 (permalink)
I think it would be a proper nice touch for a DNBA whip round to get one of his last tunes released. Not sure what the damage is but given how much he loved his music, loved his production and loved his DNB I can imagine he would've loved that.

Just my tuppence, happy to contribute to whatever. For a bloke I never met this has got me all sentimental, such was his enthusiasm for the music.

Cheers for the link. I'm so excited about this [sm=applause_smiley.gif]

I actually got the very last ticket believe it or not. I checked the Southbank centre site and was wheelchair only, so with fuck all hope left tried ticketmaster one last time and there was one seat left. Bagged it immediately.

It's up in the gods right at the back and it's going to have to be a solo mission as i could only get one ticked but not phased in the slightest. I'm just really glad i'll be there. Like someone said earlier in the thread, it really does feel like a once in a lifetime special experience. One for future D&B folk law.

I feel the feelz.
post edited by SW14 - 2017/11/14 19:21:03
Oversight
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 19:44:15 (permalink)
Yeah thats something that’s being discussed too. Tbh i know he’d absolutely have loved one of his tunes on vinyl, as far as a digital release goes pretty sure that could be handled for minimal expense what with the talent and contacts etc on this place

Another idea floating about is an exhibition of his art which would also be awesome imo
poet
  • Total Posts : 8391
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 19:47:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Traffic 2017/11/14 23:12:31
Honestly can't remember if we were last friends or in the midst of one of our many rows.
Doesn't matter now I suppose.
We did find brotherhood in the Spirit though.

RIP Bruv.

Gilf
  • Total Posts : 7252
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/14 20:32:52 (permalink)

Fuck man, this is tragic, RIP IKOS 

geordie007

IKOS
I saw your posts talking about what a rough time you've been having and I just wanted to check in and say hello. If I can ever do anything to help just ask and I'll do it. I know how you feel mate trust me, it's obvious from my post history on here that I've suffered with some ridiculously testing levels of mental ill health over the years and i'm still on meds now for depression and anxiety but i'm getting by and things do get better.

Don't suffer in silence man, if you ever need to talk and there's no one around feel free to give me a bell, any time of the day or night ***********. It might be easier to natter to some random off the internet than someone close to you so stick it in your phone and use it if you ever need to.

Stay strong mate, For fuck sake just don't ever give up.

Probably shouldnt have thought about him passing as much as i have really but thats how i remember him ^^^ always wanting to help people including those he never met from a big yellow webpage.

That's really quite touching, what a lovely fella.

I really loved his art too, gutted I never got round to purchasing any.

I'd happily chuck some ££ in if there was a whip round.

Sig?
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 20
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0