Helpful ReplyHot!Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be...

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 20 of 23
Author
Fletcher1
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/18 20:16:55 (permalink)
I will want two copies and I could shift more as well. Jay , Rich's brother , is onto finding the original files of his music now. Hopefully we will have something soon
Subsurface
  • Total Posts : 15478
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/18 20:23:57 (permalink)
Fletcher - may be a long shot, but if Jay could find the Photoshop files for that specific piece of art for the sleeve, it would be amazing. Scanning a print isn't ideal if we can find the digital original. Or even just a high res JPG if there is one.
The_Jungledon
  • Total Posts : 811
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/18 20:24:42 (permalink)
smolsky
A vinyl release,featuring his artwork,mastered by Beau. And now a touching quote from Goldie.

Man,I hope IKOS is somewhere up there seeing all of this.

Fletcher1
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/18 21:44:09 (permalink)
Subsurface
Fletcher - may be a long shot, but if Jay could find the Photoshop files for that specific piece of art for the sleeve, it would be amazing. Scanning a print isn't ideal if we can find the digital original. Or even just a high res JPG if there is one.

I remember him selling the colour versions. Did anyone on here purchase one ? Did it have a name ?
Fletcher1
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/18 21:58:51 (permalink)
Is there a link to donate to the record release or is it pre-purchase ?

Also would anyone on here like to help organise an event in Birmingham. Ivory can sort a venue for January. Profits could go towards a release or to the just giving page
The_Jungledon
  • Total Posts : 811
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/18 22:11:34 (permalink)
Fletcher1
Subsurface

I remember him selling the colour versions. Did anyone on here purchase one ? Did it have a name ?

they were all on here,  http://ikos.pixieset.com/thehiddensystems/ Somewhere there are originals fletcher.

Click ether pic to take you to more drawings mate.
post edited by The_Jungledon - 2017/11/18 22:14:47
Subsurface
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/18 22:52:07 (permalink)
Fletcher1
Subsurface

It's called ikosoulight according to his portfolio.
Subsurface
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/18 23:00:51 (permalink)
Fletcher1
Is there a link to donate to the record release or is it pre-purchase ?

Not yet, we need to choose the tracks and finalise art. We plan for it to be a pre-purchase on qrates.com where you can see and hear a preview of the record, and see the money being raised like a kickstarter.

See here for examples: https://qrates.com/items/featured
Godfrey Tweeed
  • Total Posts : 1388
Re: IKOS 2017/11/19 04:06:55 (permalink)
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/michael-haig

wanted to get the justgiving link on the new page
SW14
  • Total Posts : 9886
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/19 04:44:48 (permalink)
Subsurface
Nice little thing just happened. I had a PM from someone who knows Goldie. I don't know if he wants me to post this on his behalf, but it can't hurt. He called Goldie and told him about all of this, and drew his attention to IKOS' art and music. He checked it out and liked his work, and as a token of respect he's give this quote that we can put on the sleeve notes:

"Such a tragic loss of a young artists life, finding himself in the simple complexities of his art, a true reflection of his soul that will last eternally." - GOLDIE

IKOS would have been absolutely made up by that.

That is just amazing. I'm bowled over by this. Well done everyone. 
Oversight
  • Total Posts : 1157
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/19 07:08:04 (permalink)
Subsurface
Nice little thing just happened. I had a PM from someone who knows Goldie. I don't know if he wants me to post this on his behalf, but it can't hurt. He called Goldie and told him about all of this, and drew his attention to IKOS' art and music. He checked it out and liked his work, and as a token of respect he's give this quote that we can put on the sleeve notes:

"Such a tragic loss of a young artists life, finding himself in the simple complexities of his art, a true reflection of his soul that will last eternally." - GOLDIE

IKOS would have been absolutely made up by that.

That’s amazing
OEM
  • Total Posts : 32449
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/19 11:08:52 (permalink)
Can someone edit the first post so we have the correct justgiving link there pls.

JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 9925
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/19 11:21:36 (permalink)
Edit the first post to summarise everything if poss, it'll be great for anyone who lands to see what's happened and what's been done by all involved. I know it's no small ask, I'd do it myself but my grasp on the English language is tentative at best.

Proud of what's been done by everyone by way of showing support, big up each and everyone 
Geordie007
  • Total Posts : 19710
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/19 11:51:58 (permalink)
Hi Mike, Pam 

Some lovely words from you there and I think you can see from all the reactions just how much Ikos will be missed from us here on the yellow forum.

Will be donating to the just giving page and for the record project too once up and running( looks like we may need more than 300 copies)

post edited by Geordie007 - 2017/11/20 12:52:47
Fletcher1
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/19 12:33:33 (permalink)
IKOS's brother Jay has courage WAV and has found some art work. What other tunes are going on there? Can someone set up a poll ?
Subsurface
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/19 12:38:43 (permalink)
Good work. We have a poll going here:

http://forum.breakbeat.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=1976083492

Looks like Drifting Apart is a definite.
Taylz
  • Total Posts : 998
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/19 13:26:07 (permalink)
Despite not posting much I've been browsing this forum for 15 years and IKOS was one of very few people i've had a personal conversation with outside of here. I always found him an intriguing person and admired his intricate work.

Last got a message from him about 3 weeks ago. Pretty cut up about this news despite not having met the guy.

A very polite, generous and all round good person.

Will be buying a copy of this record - respect to all putting work in to get this out.

EJ Dub
  • Total Posts : 300
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/19 14:05:17 (permalink)
Is there a link to all his art? Can't seem to find the link in this thread.
SW14
  • Total Posts : 9886
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/19 14:07:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Stamina MC 2017/11/19 16:49:40
Worth sending Goldie a copy too to both thank him for his message and the very plausible chance he plays it out.

Could we sort this out with their conduit on here and get one over to Headz?

It's pretty incredible that this thread has gone from being horribly sad last Monday morning and whilst losing none of the tragedy, has generated an enormous amount of solidarity, positivity and feel-good in the space of less than a week.

A living embodiment of "dance sadness into kindness".
post edited by SW14 - 2017/11/19 16:35:13
THIRT33N
  • Total Posts : 1222
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/19 15:07:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Rapt 2017/11/19 15:26:30
EJ Dub
Is there a link to all his art? Can't seem to find the link in this thread.

https://ikos.pixieset.com

Stamina MC
  • Total Posts : 17182
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/19 16:50:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby S8 2017/11/19 19:09:11
This thread, wowsers.

I've found a way to edit the first post; was kinda convoluted but whatever... you guys compile what you want put in there and I'll get it done.
PapaJaro
  • Total Posts : 6652
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/19 20:47:21 (permalink)
Christ. Probably the only person on here who was always nice to me. What a loss.

Bit late with this but RIP Ikos. 
Chris Drifta
  • Total Posts : 12767
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/19 23:22:37 (permalink)
I had the pleasure of partying with IKOS a few times, and he was a true friend & a top lad.

My condolences to all his family.

Will truly be missed.

RIP :lighter:
Godfrey Tweeed
  • Total Posts : 1388
Re: IKOS 2017/11/20 00:31:39 (permalink)
OPs can edit the first post if you switch to the mobile version.
post edited by Captain Diabetes - 2017/11/20 00:43:27
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 11972
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/20 10:21:17 (permalink)
Stamina MC
This thread, wowsers.

I've found a way to edit the first post; was kinda convoluted but whatever... you guys compile what you want put in there and I'll get it done.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the OP, it can't have been a straightforward thing to have written to fifty odd people you "sort of" know. Thanks again.  

Ankle
  • Total Posts : 4688
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/20 13:30:56 (permalink)
smolsky
Man,I hope IKOS is somewhere up there seeing all of this.

Absolutely this 

He would be incredibly proud. That quote from Goldie is brilliant.  

Fluff
  • Total Posts : 137
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/20 13:31:24 (permalink)
I only had a few chats with him on here but he seemed to be a really nice genuine person. RIP
dibidibbidibi
  • Total Posts : 991
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/20 13:34:42 (permalink)
Sorry to hear about your loss, Richard's family.
Autograff
  • Total Posts : 11772
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/20 15:57:04 (permalink)
Can't believe I've only just seen this. Fuck.

RIP Ikos, we had our differences at times but he was genuinely a nice guy. To all his friends and family I am truly sorry for your loss.

I'll quite happily pay £20+ for a copy. If the qrates thing falls through one of my friends runs a vinyl pressing and distro company and I'm sure he'd be happy to help with this. 
Subsurface
Re: Finding an appropriate thread title was much harder than I thought it would be... 2017/11/20 16:30:06 (permalink)
Here's where I've got to with the art. Of course, the wording is changeable depending on what we decide upon.

It currently says:

This record is dedicated to all who knew the talented visual artist and musican Rich Haig, known as IKOS, who tragically passed in November 2017. Kanashimi o yasashi-sa ni odoru – Dance sadness into kindness.

“Such a tragic loss of a young artists life, finding himself in the simple complexities of his art, a true reflection of his soul that will last eternally.” – Goldie

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 20 of 23
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0