Helpful ReplyHot!Non alcoholic lager

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Asian Babe
  • Total Posts : 10957
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 11:37:21 (permalink)
Yeah I have been the other way round really, I like the occasion or I like just having a few beers in front of a film but if you end up doing the latter several times a week with your favourite lager being Tyskie you are heading down piss head alley quick time lol so I had to knock it all on the head for a while to break the annoying habit that had developed, and now that I feel like I want to hang around with some of my friends or go to the pub I can have a beer and I don't feel like I'm missing out too much. Depends what the effects are on you as well, you're probably a good laugh whereas I either need to go home and sleep or get super annoyed and sarky for no reason really. With a non alc lager I get to be in the boozer with my pals but not be a lairy twat. I honestly feel that is the only difference now!

Flow Joe
  • Total Posts : 1537
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 11:38:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby JUDGEDREDD 2017/09/18 18:06:20
Razor
Hammered
On a similar tip, was in the local supermarket choosing a bottle of red for today's roast and noticed a non-alcoholoc red wine in there (So grape juice then Yeah?)
Bit disappointed I didn't pick one up to be honest just to see what it's like.

I was in a kebab place recently that was selling non alcoholic wine for the same price as real wine, 20 quid for some grape juice ffs.

Never seen the point in non alcoholic beer, why not just have a coke or something?

Bosko Balaban
  • Total Posts : 1383
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 12:41:08 (permalink)
non-alc beer is healthier than shit like coke. its not just alcohol content. for me its a break from water when I'm out. I think theres abit of a placebo possibly for sure too

the reasons the prices are usually the same is because with a lot of non-alc drinks they had the alcohol in them originally and then had it taken out. so the process is longer than making with alcohol. theres some that are made without but they generally taste like shit
post edited by Arcadian - 2017/09/18 12:42:51
beat freak
  • Total Posts : 3408
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 14:14:35 (permalink)
horrid
The Sober Time app is good as well :_)

Hadn't even considered using apps. I've had a quick look and from what I can work out its a forum and a counter. How do you use it?
Asian Babe
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 16:04:29 (permalink)
I just downloaded it and said when I last had a drink or did bad drugs lol it gives me nauseating motivational messages every morning but it does make me check myself if I'm ever fancying a drink. Don't wanna go back to single figures on the day counter!

badder2
  • Total Posts : 1937
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 16:43:12 (permalink)
I think I need to try and knock the booze on the head a bit. I probably do about 3-4 cans a night and then 20 or so drinks over the weekend.

I don't think it negatively affects my life per se as i still work and have a good family life but as I'm getting older I'm thinking more about the health implications.

I also come from a long line of pissheads so I don't really want it to get out of control and let history repeat itself.
Asian Babe
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 17:15:03 (permalink)
Yup exactly the same for me. Didn't expect two weeks of pure hell with anxiety etc but that's because it's surprising how much shit is going on that you ignore because you're generally working or pissed ha ha

badder2
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 17:21:32 (permalink)
Well ive just downloaded that app.

Next two weeks should be interesting by the sound of things!
Fiend.
  • Total Posts : 1125
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 17:29:57 (permalink)
I'm taking one for the team and trying Heineken Zero Alcohol. It's as good as you'd expect, an underlying taste of sea-water contrasting with hints of rotting honey and a heady metallic aroma "straight out of the can" despite coming in a bottle.

...is this what you want???
Asian Babe
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 18:05:54 (permalink)
I didn't mind the Heineken one. Erdinger was noice

Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 2787
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 18:23:04 (permalink)
Razor
Hammered
On a similar tip, was in the local supermarket choosing a bottle of red for today's roast and noticed a non-alcoholoc red wine in there (So grape juice then Yeah?)
Bit disappointed I didn't pick one up to be honest just to see what it's like.

I was in a kebab place recently that was selling non alcoholic wine for the same price as real wine, 20 quid for some grape juice ffs.

Never seen the point in non alcoholic beer, why not just have a coke or something?

Ive done nights as the designated driver and come home feeling worse off drinking coke all night than if I had spent the time drinking rum and snorting stripes off a hookers arse
badder2
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 18:29:51 (permalink)
Yeah drinking coke is not the one
Rapt
  • Total Posts : 4139
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 18:30:56 (permalink)
It's so fucked that they can sell a 0.5% beer as non-alcoholic. 
dotarr
  • Total Posts : 4863
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 18:31:39 (permalink)
Last time I was designated driver and on sorts the caffeine kept me up and I had to get up for four pisses in the night.
Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 2787
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 18:40:20 (permalink)
The police have ruined my designated driver nights with their anti drug 'rules'

dazdsb
  • Total Posts : 5045
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 18:45:58 (permalink)
I've had to drink excessively twice in the last 5 days - work thing and a stag do. I've learnt twice in the last 5 days that I can't drink for shit anymore, don't particularly enjoy being drunk and feel like absolute waste for 2 days afterwards. It's not even the headache, I get this horrible anxiety when hungover that makes it feel like the world is going to end - physical feels right in the stomach.

Alcohol is just pretty shit in general when consumed in large amounts. I've never liked just drinking on it's own really anyway. I don't mind a few beers with something else but being drunk is meh. 
dotarr
  • Total Posts : 4863
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 18:49:42 (permalink)
I'm enjoying getting smashed less, yet I'm enjoying getting lean and drinking wine more.
dazdsb
  • Total Posts : 5045
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 18:54:59 (permalink)
simon.r
I'm enjoying getting smashed less, yet I'm enjoying getting lean and drinking wine more.

Asian Babe
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 19:54:55 (permalink)
dazdsb
I've had to drink excessively twice in the last 5 days - work thing and a stag do. I've learnt twice in the last 5 days that I can't drink for shit anymore, don't particularly enjoy being drunk and feel like absolute waste for 2 days afterwards. It's not even the headache, I get this horrible anxiety when hungover that makes it feel like the world is going to end - physical feels right in the stomach.

Alcohol is just pretty shit in general when consumed in large amounts. I've never liked just drinking on it's own really anyway. I don't mind a few beers with something else but being drunk is meh. 

This is one of the main reasons I had to shelve it

THIRT33N
  • Total Posts : 1222
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 20:30:07 (permalink)
Soda water and lime/orange is a decent one for the pub.

Fuck sugary coke etc, even the non-alcoholic beers are loaded with calories.

Pubs are 1000 years behind on non-alcoholic diet drinks, I know it's a pub but for fucks sake. How about a nice Lilt zero

Majik
  • Total Posts : 41038
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/18 21:24:11 (permalink)
Fiend.
I'm taking one for the team and trying Heineken Zero Alcohol. It's as good as you'd expect, an underlying taste of sea-water contrasting with hints of rotting honey and a heady metallic aroma "straight out of the can" despite coming in a bottle.

This is so pretentious it's actually bent

Fiend.
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/19 08:42:55 (permalink)
Got 2 bottles left over, PM me ur address majik.

John B
  • Total Posts : 5052
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/19 10:50:23 (permalink)
beat freak
That dry drinker site looks good. Does anyone have any knowledge or links to decent non alcoholic wines?

My missus is about to start a heavily medicated, ten day, home detox programme and I need to find some things for her to enjoy on the other side. I know she wants to quit, she needs to quit, but I know at this point, that she still needs to feel part of it. I don't know if that's right or wrong.

Don't wanna hijack, but anyone else been through a helping/supportive role? I've got my plans and ideas and am working with the clinic to manage the very important next ten days and and beyond, but first hand experience/advice any one has would be welcome.

Cheers

Tescos do Eisberg Alc Free Sauvignon Blanc which is my favourite so far, and the tescos own brand Alc Free Sauv Blanc is pretty decent too. I tried the koppaberg ciders but they're just pumped full of sugar. ughhh
Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1203
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/19 11:47:08 (permalink)
horrid
dazdsb

This is one of the main reasons I had to shelve it

The other week I wasn't feeling too bad and then the anxiety hit me as I was going to bed and I couldn't sleep for hours 
Asian Babe
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/19 14:24:29 (permalink)
John_B
beat freak
That dry drinker site looks good. Does anyone have any knowledge or links to decent non alcoholic wines?

My missus is about to start a heavily medicated, ten day, home detox programme and I need to find some things for her to enjoy on the other side. I know she wants to quit, she needs to quit, but I know at this point, that she still needs to feel part of it. I don't know if that's right or wrong.

Don't wanna hijack, but anyone else been through a helping/supportive role? I've got my plans and ideas and am working with the clinic to manage the very important next ten days and and beyond, but first hand experience/advice any one has would be welcome.

Cheers

Tescos do Eisberg Alc Free Sauvignon Blanc which is my favourite so far, and the tescos own brand Alc Free Sauv Blanc is pretty decent too. I tried the koppaberg ciders but they're just pumped full of sugar. ughhh

Wow does it taste like actual Sauv Blanc?! Mmmmmmm

badder2
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/26 15:59:17 (permalink)
So day 8 of not drinking (or smoking) and i feel slightly better. 

The first week was pure hell, prangs b2b being an aggy cunt. 

Want to see how long I can keep it up. 

Drank some of this after the footy sunday 

would recommend 
Bosko Balaban
  • Total Posts : 1383
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/26 22:35:29 (permalink)
Well done mate. First month is a cunt. 90 days and the brain is rewired apparently so aim for that
How's the missus?
Shiverman
  • Total Posts : 11354
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/27 07:06:07 (permalink)
Yeah I used a counter app to count when I last gave up. Problem is that once I reset it after 3 months and getting shitted, the motivation to get that counter back again was practically nil. 
badder2
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/27 07:35:38 (permalink)
Arcadian
Well done mate. First month is a cunt. 90 days and the brain is rewired apparently so aim for that
How's the missus?

Its not been too bad so far this week. Like i said though the first week was a fucking nightmare. 

The mrs isn't giving up herself but she didn't really drink half as much as me so she doesn't really feel the need. 

We are going to a rave on the 13th. Not really sure how that's gonna pan out or if i should sack it off altogether, in all honesty though i dont want to be some sad cunt who cant go anywhere for the fear of possibly having a drink. Its the habitual stuff i want to cut out, not the going out and having fun stuff. 
Fiend.
Re: Non alcoholic lager 2017/09/27 09:37:45 (permalink)
Will try that bitburger. Seems the proper lager / wheat beer heritage works well for some of these.

Was on Innis And None the other night. It's not bad. Richer than the lagers but not as bitter as Nanny State. Worth a try.

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0