Helpful ReplyHot!Before someone you loves dies

Page: << < ..678 Showing page 8 of 8
Author
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 96973
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2018/06/18 13:17:43 (permalink)
Reg needs to man up and get over it imo
Booberella
  • Total Posts : 12661
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2018/06/18 13:28:16 (permalink)
Sorry to hear you are feeling shit Geordie, but glad you felt able to tell us what is going on.

Big up to those who are willing to work on themselves and have been putting in werk.
Rapt
  • Total Posts : 4439
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2018/07/06 11:41:30 (permalink)
SmokedEggs
Rapt

I'm pretty certain that poor lifestyle choices are responsible for the rise in mental health problems, there's only so much you can blame on genetics.  

I agree partly about lifestyle. But for people with a genetic disposition to a mental health problem, you can blame a lot on genetics. Just like someone with a genetic predisposition to arthritis.

I think there is a huge amount of pressure of expectation on our generation that arguably our (mostly) working class parents didn't have. Growing up in the 60s and 70s ordinary folk weren't expected to amount to much more than getting a solid job and starting a family.

Our generation has the idea that we should aspire to be successful in so many ways and to be so many things and a lot of it is unattainable for many folk.

Living a simple life, being true to your family and friends, and not being a cunt is a good starting point, but our generation has so many aspirations and ideals rammed down our necks as to constantly make people feel inadequate or that they have failed in life.

I would highly recommend reading/listening to this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/...0lynch%20dirty%20genes

It has given me a whole new perspective on how much control we actually have on our physical and mental health.
Page: << < ..678 Showing page 8 of 8
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0