Helpful ReplyHot!Before someone you loves dies

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
KNUCKLES
  • Total Posts : 14484
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 10:14:04 (permalink)
T KAY O died?

gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 21033
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 10:15:33 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby KNUCKLES 2017/06/30 13:11:25

Willfunk
  • Total Posts : 14882
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 10:18:47 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
Gilf. And yeah looks like you're right. Still, I think he was a bit messed up.

I think a bit of sensitivity wouldn't go amiss in this thread right now, which you're clearly oblivious to.
MR.EQ
  • Total Posts : 17044
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 10:21:03 (permalink)
Fuckinghell, shouts to JD and Geordie, stay strong crew.

It is brutal though, I've lost two pals in the last few years, most recently one of my close buds to a car accident last year. Really puts shit into perspective as they both had little girls who've now lost their Daddy's - hits hard being a Dad myself. 

SIGS, EVERYTHING SIGS.
gutlessrhyme
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 10:21:32 (permalink)
willfunk
gutlessrhyme

I think a bit of sensitivity wouldn't go amiss in this thread right now, which you're clearly oblivious to.

I was being genuine and remembering the guy, given the context. Not sure how that's insensitive?
Too many young people gone, even from this forum. 

Willfunk
  • Total Posts : 14882
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 10:27:33 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
willfunk
gutlessrhyme

I was being genuine and remembering the guy, given the context. Not sure how that's insensitive?
Too many young people gone, even from this forum. 

More specifically 'I think he was messed up' is a bit of a shitty comment to make. You didn't know the guy or what problems he had. When I read threads like this I count myself so fucking lucky I've never suffered from mental health problems.
gutlessrhyme
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 10:34:05 (permalink)
Is "messed up" an insensitive/controversial term? Sorry, wasn't intended. Perhaps I should have used "troubled".
I didn't know the guy but Gilf gave a decent account of him after he passed

R.I.P T-KAY-O

Hello everyone.

I know he wasn't everyones favourite member but yesterday morning he passed away.

I think it was Badrid hit the nail on the head when he said that overnight he went from being a 'bumbling beg-friend' to a bit of a nutter and there was definitely a positive correlation between that transformation and the sort of drugs he was on, for years and years he drew the line at weed but once he got onto coke, that seemed to be the gateway to all sorts and he was doing various cocktails of ket, mandy and coke on a regular basis and it was sending him fucking loopy, I heard rumours he was dabbling in meth but I daren't ask him about it, he'd get aggy as fuck when it was brought up, always thought (/ knew in some cases) that some sort of intervention was coming so he'd do his nut then change the subject.  Anyway it was his experimental tendencies and persistence in trying new highs that killed him, early doors yet but it's believed he OD'd on a mixture of morphine and coke.  Moral of the story, don't do drugs kids.

This place seemed to bring out the worst in him but irl, whilst there was no denying his was a troubled soul, he was one of the nicest, funniest guys I've had the pleasure of knowing, he was always good company no matter what mood he was in and there was a particularly dark chapter of my life that had I not had him as a friend, I would've seriously struggled to get through.   He will be sorely missed by all that knew him.

T3D for life.

Lighters please.

RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 91006
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 10:34:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Willfunk 2017/06/30 10:35:26
Tbh hearing about people topping themselves has made me a lot more cautious about what I say to people online, it's easy to just presume everyone is as thick skinned as you are and can give and take banter but it's probably easy to take the piss out of someone online and have it badly effect them without ever knowing until it's too late. Some people tried to pin TKayO on some of us and while I don't accept that, it definitely made me think.
post edited by RAYZA - 2017/06/30 10:36:13
dazdsb
  • Total Posts : 4702
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 10:37:51 (permalink)
sorry to hear about your friend JD - it's heartbreaking to lose a best friend of a similar age (as I found out last year). make sure you've got people supporting you and don't blame nor dwell on the fact you were the last person to speak to him and don't feel like it was you that couldn't talk him out of it. that isn't the case and he wouldn't ever want you to feel like that.
gutlessrhyme
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 10:37:53 (permalink)
Whiskey Bill has been unusually quiet....

Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 22465
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 10:43:03 (permalink)
Just to dip in with the keeping things bottled up crew.  I'm lucky enough to be reasonably stable but when I have had dips when I can't talk to those around and just need a response, or to vent, forums can be great. 

Obviously not this one (although this thread shows how much things have changed around here) but if you can find a place then commiserating strangers are often much easy to talk to then your friends and family.

dazdsb
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 10:57:14 (permalink)
I think when it actually comes down to the serious stuff this forum can be quite supportive. There was a thread a few weeks back about this play dying and I thought it'd be a shame if it went completely as actually people use this place as a way to vent and talk to impartial people outside of their real lives sometimes. Yeah, not always the most tactful but generally people on here are pretty caring when it comes to the crunch.

Even though I've never met any of you lot in real life I still see you all as friendly personalities on here if that makes sense. Interesting (if not sometimes strange) people with good advice / intentions. As you get older and lose some connections in real life it's quite nice to know you've got 20/30 random people you speak to regularly online to keep the numbers up a bit. 
Griff
  • Total Posts : 8373
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 10:58:38 (permalink)
I actually think this place these days has turned into a good place to air problems and vent.  Quite the turn around from a decade ago. 

I take my own mental health for granted too I think as I've generally always been pretty happy, haven't really suffered from depression, but have been close to people that have, and it's a horrible horrible thing.

Geordie and anyone else, hope you get the help you need as and when you need it.  
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 11749
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 11:01:17 (permalink)
I would never post the stuff I post here on Facebook or whatever. It's a good place to vent with people you don't know, would most likely never meet, yet have known for years. Weird but good. 

Geordie007
  • Total Posts : 19481
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 11:04:41 (permalink)
Its odd but speaking to randoms on a forum is a pretty good way of taking your mind off the pressures of every day life especially from work.

Im not going to go into detail on here about my whole life cos it really would be as boring as gutless but for a place to chat bollocks and listen to some nice new music this place is actually ok as there are no enforced rules and an endless supply of simpsons related quotes & posts :)

YEah just tell others to reach out. Help is there even if they do think there isnt.
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 91006
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 11:04:44 (permalink)
Group hug guys xxx
Geordie007
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 11:05:41 (permalink)
Razor
Group hug guys xxx

Whatever happenned to the hugging/bumming smiley?

post edited by Geordie007 - 2017/06/30 11:07:17
dazdsb
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 11:06:06 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby RAYZA 2017/06/30 11:13:40

Subsurface
  • Total Posts : 15208
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 11:07:03 (permalink)
geordie007
Sorry to hear that JD  but all of the above - and most importantly let people know that there is someone out there for them no matter what they may and think and make sure they have 116123 stored in their phone and make sure you do too JD.
The Samaritans are really fucking good listeners and helped me when I tried to hang myself last year and they kept me talking till the police came to take me to hospital.Always thought Id never get to that stage in my life and its been very sobering since and I have finally reached out as I have bottled shit up for years and years and then my whole world came crashing down in a short space of time that I thought ending it all would be better for everyone else. I was wrong. The help is there you need to encourage people to use it and a good place to start is the GP to get the ball rolling or even a local accredited counsellor. Talking about it really does help.

Sorry to hear that mate, and happy that you did the right thing. The Samaritans are heroes tbh.

I spoke about my struggles with depression on here a bit earlier this year. It didn't get any better and I was on the same path as you. I won't disclose the details, but it was a similar situation.

Long story short, I started on Citalopram and went travelling to clear my head and get some perspective on my life. The two things together worked a treat. I don't feel depressed anymore and I feel hopeful. It's not like the meds have made me suddenly happy, but I don't have the nagging, spiralling negative thoughts anymore. And I don't score as depressed on the NHS tests. I used to be off the scale.

SSRIs get a bad rep, and that's the reason I've not given them a chance till now. But they work. Talking is very effective too, but I don't know that it's enough on its own to get out of the hole.
dazdsb
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 11:09:10 (permalink)
geordie007
Razor
Group hug guys xxx

Whatever happenned to the hugging/bumming smiley?

Geordie007
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 11:12:28 (permalink)
Subsurface
geordie007
Sorry to hear that JD  but all of the above - and most importantly let people know that there is someone out there for them no matter what they may and think and make sure they have 116123 stored in their phone and make sure you do too JD.
The Samaritans are really fucking good listeners and helped me when I tried to hang myself last year and they kept me talking till the police came to take me to hospital.Always thought Id never get to that stage in my life and its been very sobering since and I have finally reached out as I have bottled shit up for years and years and then my whole world came crashing down in a short space of time that I thought ending it all would be better for everyone else. I was wrong. The help is there you need to encourage people to use it and a good place to start is the GP to get the ball rolling or even a local accredited counsellor. Talking about it really does help.

Sorry to hear that mate, and happy that you did the right thing. The Samaritans are heroes tbh.

I spoke about my struggles with depression on here a bit earlier this year. It didn't get any better and I was on the same path as you. I won't disclose the details, but it was a similar situation.

Long story short, I started on Citalopram and went travelling to clear my head and get some perspective on my life. The two things together worked a treat. I don't feel depressed anymore and I feel hopeful. It's not like the meds have made me suddenly happy, but I don't have the nagging, spiralling negative thoughts anymore. And I don't score as depressed on the NHS tests. I used to be off the scale.

SSRIs get a bad rep, and that's the reason I've not given them a chance till now. But they work. Talking is very effective too, but I don't know that it's enough on its own to get out of the hole.

Oh it certainly isnt enough on its own - Im on citalopram too and its levelled me out somewhat as I wasnt able to concentrate or even function after and they have helped a lot and its a long road to whatever 'normal' is perceived to be. im still down about a lot especially as I lost everything bird/job/flat which led to me trying to take my life and I am still trying to make amends with my ex but it may never happen and I know I need to prepare for that but at the moment im just trying to get on with myself and all  that stuff. But fuck i still have negative thoughts though im slowly trying to block them whenever they pop in to my head...
Daniel Snakeman
  • Total Posts : 31776
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 11:22:42 (permalink)
Don't try and block them.

Just accept them for what they are and realise that they don't define you as a human.
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 17980
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 11:52:57 (permalink)
I know I don't know you "in real life" geordie or subby but genuinely shocked and sad to hear that you've been feeling like that. Both top blokes and I wouldn't have suspected because your posts always come across as balanced and intelligent and not angry/negative. I guess it's often the intelligent ones who suffer though, and as people have said you can get real good at hiding it from people as you feel like you don't want to be the one spreading negative vibes.

Really sorry to hear about your friend JD. Sounds like you were really supportive.

I've got a mate that's really struggling at the moment and not getting the support he needs from MH services and this thread is gonna play on my mind now!

DrKevorkian
  • Total Posts : 1393
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 12:03:11 (permalink)
I've noticed the rate that these type of threads pop up has increased a lot in recent years and see it as a massively positive thing that people feel able to share their difficulties here when they need to. Forums like this can be a great space for people to vent or talk about the worries they have.

I also want to reflect on what other people have said in this thread, and reinforce that we should all feel fine with asking for professional help - or asking friends to support us to - when we find ourselves in situations that are troubling.
post edited by DrKevorkian - 2017/06/30 12:04:16
Geordie007
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 12:13:29 (permalink)
Snakey

Just accept them for what they are and realise that they don't define you as a human.

Thast what Im having difficulty with along with a lot of guilt and shit..  
Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 2604
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 12:52:30 (permalink)
Griff
I actually think this place these days has turned into a good place to air problems and vent.  Quite the turn around from a decade ago. 

I take my own mental health for granted too I think as I've generally always been pretty happy, haven't really suffered from depression, but have been close to people that have, and it's a horrible horrible thing.

Geordie and anyone else, hope you get the help you need as and when you need it.  

I put something on asking for advice on getting help with drug issues last year and face palmed myself the second I clicked submit but some seriously good folk sent me PM's with loads of advice. This place is just a big caravan of love underneath its hideous cave of cynicism. 
Rudiger01
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 12:53:36 (permalink)
geordie007
Snakey

Do you have kids? I find stuff that never bothered me, started keeping me awake for days once I had my daughter
Daniel Snakeman
  • Total Posts : 31776
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 13:13:27 (permalink)
geordie007
Snakey

Shit is easier said than done! We're talking about the work of your life here tbh. I have come to terms, very slowly and painfully with the realisation I will never be "fixed". I will always have times where my self loathing and frustration with myself will be so overwhelming that I feel like I'm drowning and I'll never feel well again.
Recognising when I'm in this state, almost in the third person, and applying the fixes and relief mechanisms I have learnt through counselling is the hardest work ive ever done but I can now (sort of) do that.

I have an epic post to type about a few of my experiences which I will do later on the laptop.
Rudiger01
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 13:16:04 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
KNUCKLES
T KAY O died?

http://forum.breakbeat.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=1975910237

and Hatchet
http://forum.breakbeat.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=1975992293

And DJ Hardline
http://forum.breakbeat.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=1971540945

Whiskey Bill does not come out well in that Hatchet thread
KNUCKLES
  • Total Posts : 14484
Re: Before someone you loves dies 2017/06/30 13:17:40 (permalink)

gutlessrhyme
Is "messed up" an insensitive/controversial term? Sorry, wasn't intended. Perhaps I should have used "troubled".
I didn't know the guy but Gilf gave a decent account of him after he passed

R.I.P T-KAY-O

Hello everyone.

I know he wasn't everyones favourite member but yesterday morning he passed away.

I think it was Badrid hit the nail on the head when he said that overnight he went from being a 'bumbling beg-friend' to a bit of a nutter and there was definitely a positive correlation between that transformation and the sort of drugs he was on, for years and years he drew the line at weed but once he got onto coke, that seemed to be the gateway to all sorts and he was doing various cocktails of ket, mandy and coke on a regular basis and it was sending him fucking loopy, I heard rumours he was dabbling in meth but I daren't ask him about it, he'd get aggy as fuck when it was brought up, always thought (/ knew in some cases) that some sort of intervention was coming so he'd do his nut then change the subject.  Anyway it was his experimental tendencies and persistence in trying new highs that killed him, early doors yet but it's believed he OD'd on a mixture of morphine and coke.  Moral of the story, don't do drugs kids.

This place seemed to bring out the worst in him but irl, whilst there was no denying his was a troubled soul, he was one of the nicest, funniest guys I've had the pleasure of knowing, he was always good company no matter what mood he was in and there was a particularly dark chapter of my life that had I not had him as a friend, I would've seriously struggled to get through.   He will be sorely missed by all that knew him.

T3D for life.

Lighters please.

that's fucked! nice one for the info gutless

i remember being at the last ever Sanctuary rave - 1N vs Slammin and meeting him for the first time there. Would then see him pop up at other random raves back inna day.  RIP to him tho

Wasn't he in a little crew, 2 other guys would roll with him and post shit on here?

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0