AnsweredHot!Tower block disaster.

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
Eazyflow
  • Total Posts : 3241
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/19 15:51:36 (permalink)
Goodone
I'm not sure what exactly you've 'debunked' the point is it's pure speculation where the blame lies at this point... implying it's a Tory conspiracy before all the facts are out just comes across as a bit desperate and naive

I didn't debunk anything; I didn't need to since the AAV blog had already got that covered. Hence why I linked to it in my post.

That's the good thing about countering cut-n-paste arguments like yours. Others who are far better at calling bullshit on this stuff than I am have already been there first to do all the heavy lifting.

OLD SKOOL FOR SALE:

"If you don't know the roots from the trunk of the tree, you won't know the branches or what the fruit will b
Goodone
  • Total Posts : 4361
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/19 16:13:14 (permalink)
So what have you 'debunked'. the only thing you've done is respond to a cut n paste with a cut n paste and then have a go at someone for using a cut n paste lol

1) Labour have passed legislation that could equally have led to this fire ... true

2) the management company had a Labour mp on true

3) the management company was in charge of overseeing refurb, true

This doesn't amount to anything other than no one knows where the blame should be...
post edited by Goodone - 2017/06/19 16:14:18
Eazyflow
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/19 17:28:24 (permalink)
Goodone
1) Labour have passed legislation that could equally have led to this fire ... true

Which legislation?

Goodone

And how many conservative MPs? Bearing in mind a minority voice on a committee means very little...

Emma Coad who you mentioned earlier left the committee in 2012 long before any refurbishments were made btw.

Goodone

At the top of the pyramid is still the Tory controlled council who have to sign off on the accounts.

OLD SKOOL FOR SALE:

"If you don't know the roots from the trunk of the tree, you won't know the branches or what the fruit will b
Goodone
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/19 17:46:49 (permalink)
Ok mate rather than sift through the interviews where all Labour politicians conceded this was beyond party and Google the relevant legislation.... I'll hand it to you... you caught me out... now please explain your fucking point
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 9258
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/19 18:05:12 (permalink)
Goodone
Ok mate rather than sift through the interviews where all Labour politicians conceded this was beyond party and Google the relevant legislation.... I'll hand it to you... you caught me out... now please explain your fucking point

He's asking you to explain your points, can't fault a guy for asking for evidence. If you're correct then I'm sure he's not going to dispute it
Eazyflow
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/19 19:12:11 (permalink)
Goodone

That you don't actually have a Scoobie what you're talking about.

OLD SKOOL FOR SALE:

PapaJaro
  • Total Posts : 6567
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/19 21:10:01 (permalink)
If Scoobie is rhyming slang then I'm afraid that it's lost on me.
PapaJaro
  • Total Posts : 6567
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/19 21:18:11 (permalink)
I take that back I've just figured it out. 
OEM
  • Total Posts : 31822
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/19 22:42:03 (permalink)
Saw Panorama trending on Twitter when I got home. If you missed, catch up. Absolutely disgraceful lack of action before, during and after this disaster. When you see the grief those people went through, and still are going through these last couple of days, it really does ask questions about our society and its leaders. 

Goodone
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 00:21:20 (permalink)
Eazyflow
Goodone

Which legislation?

Non retro fitting of sprinkler systems in blocks built pre 2007 as one a quick google search has yielded
Goodone

And how many conservative MPs? Bearing in mind a minority voice on a committee means very little...

Emma Coad who you mentioned earlier left the committee in 2012 long before any refurbishments were made btw.

You tell me mate, you're the one with all the answers?

Goodone

At the top of the pyramid is still the Tory controlled council who have to sign off on the accounts.

They signed off a 9bn refurb you telling me they conspired with their Tory chums on the ALMO to spend the 9bn on illegal materials to burn down the tower? If it is collusion that you are implying then this will come out in the enquiry however before you have any evidence it's a bit of a stretch to speculate 

post edited by Goodone - 2017/06/20 00:23:09
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 18865
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 06:24:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Syzlack_24 2017/06/20 13:21:14
You are one dense cunt

no
Brendon
  • Total Posts : 2425
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 06:46:30 (permalink)
OEM
Saw Panorama trending on Twitter when I got home. If you missed, catch up. Absolutely disgraceful lack of action before, during and after this disaster. When you see the grief those people went through, and still are going through these last couple of days, it really does ask questions about our society and its leaders. 

Yes truely awful to watch

People really do need to be held to account over this and quickly too
Goodone
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 11:13:27 (permalink)
wiseacre
You are one dense cunt

Is that all you've got?
MalcolmTucker
  • Total Posts : 970
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 11:21:05 (permalink)
Goodone
wiseacre
You are one dense cunt

Is that all you've got?

Arguing with you is like trying to explain democracy to a dog. For starters you reckon the refurb was 9bn, which could be claimed as a typo except you managed to do it twice in the same sentence.
Cherno Samba
  • Total Posts : 2217
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 11:22:11 (permalink)

Goodone
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 11:26:36 (permalink)
Ok may have been several bn out... of course I meant millions u douche bag
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 11261
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 12:17:24 (permalink)
Brendon
OEM

Yes truely awful to watch

People really do need to be held to account over this and quickly too

Manage to get the guy who took a photo of the carnage the same day, didn't they? Surprised they didn't tar and feather him outside the block. 

For a disaster of this size, you'd expect offices to be sealed and people to be under caution. Like now.

You can hear the shredders from 50 miles away

Eazyflow
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 12:26:59 (permalink)
Goodone
Eazyflow
Goodone

Which legislation?

Non retro fitting of sprinkler systems in blocks built pre 2007 as one a quick google search has yielded

Using the link below point me towards the particular regulation in the statutory Instrument that categorically states sprinkler systems need not be retro-fitted to domestic dwellings pre 2007:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi

Goodone
Eazyflow
Goodone

No I don’t have all the answers, which is why I asked the question. Point is, you can’t only hold *one* member of the committee to account without naming all other members of said committee and also providing the voting record for each.

Feel free to trawl through the KCTMO board meeting minutes yourself, but allow doing your homework for you: http://www.kctmo.org.uk/sub/about-us/36/board-meetings

Goodone
Eazyflow
Goodone

They signed off a 9bn refurb you telling me they conspired with their Tory chums on the ALMO to spend the 9bn on illegal materials to burn down the tower? If it is collusion that you are implying then this will come out in the enquiry however before you have any evidence it's a bit of a stretch to speculate 

It’s not my place to imply anything - That’s why we’re having an enquiry. My beef was with using false or cherry-picked cut-n-paste “facts” which you’d not even bothered to check before yodelling your way into this thread like a TMO journeyman.

lol @ 9bn

OLD SKOOL FOR SALE:

dreamworld
  • Total Posts : 3943
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 12:56:15 (permalink)
We got Dianne Abbott up in ere with her type 5 diabetes
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 12:57:53 (permalink)
Goodone, why are you so keen to prove that rich people need to be left alone to fuck the rest of us over? 

Are you very wealthy, or a mascochist? 

Geordie007
  • Total Posts : 18771
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 13:00:14 (permalink)
dreamworld
We got Dianne Abbott up in ere with her type 5 diabetes

Goodone
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 13:02:25 (permalink)
Eazyflow
Goodone
Eazyflow
Goodone

Which legislation?

Using the link below point me towards the particular regulation in the statutory Instrument that categorically states sprinkler systems need not be retro-fitted to domestic dwellings pre 2007:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi

Goodone
Eazyflow
Goodone

No I don’t have all the answers, which is why I asked the question. Point is, you can’t only hold *one* member of the committee to account without naming all other members of said committee and also providing the voting record for each.

Feel free to trawl through the KCTMO board meeting minutes yourself, but allow doing your homework for you: http://www.kctmo.org.uk/sub/about-us/36/board-meetings

Goodone
Eazyflow
Goodone

It’s not my place to imply anything - That’s why we’re having an enquiry. My beef was with using false or cherry-picked cut-n-paste “facts” which you’d not even bothered to check before yodelling your way into this thread like a TMO journeyman.

lol @ 9bn

Ok so it sounds like we're in agreement the fact is everything is pure speculation until the enquiry and I have admitted to knowing zero on social housing regulations so I'm struggling to see why were still talking
Goodone
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 13:20:00 (permalink)
Jungle Dave
Goodone, why are you so keen to prove that rich people need to be left alone to fuck the rest of us over? 

I do alright 

I brought this up in the context of, if you will excuse the pun, pouring water on the flames of your calls for taking to the streets to overthrow the corrupt neo liberalist agenda (which incidently I thought you subscribed to)

My only point was just to hold back a second until we know the details, it's not a foregone conclusion that Government policy has lead to this, so let's not react out of emotion and wait to know the facts... surely that is not unreasonable before embarking on your revolution?
post edited by Goodone - 2017/06/20 13:22:15
Smoked Eggs
  • Total Posts : 1547
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 13:59:10 (permalink)
Goodone
Jungle Dave

I do alright 

I brought this up in the context of, if you will excuse the pun, pouring water on the flames of your calls for taking to the streets to overthrow the corrupt neo liberalist agenda (which incidently I thought you subscribed to)

My only point was just to hold back a second until we know the details, it's not a foregone conclusion that Government policy has lead to this, so let's not react out of emotion and wait to know the facts... surely that is not unreasonable before embarking on your revolution?

it is a foregone conclusion. the Government are responsible to keep people safe in this manner and they have failed massively.  Try this article for starters:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40330789 

"Four separate government ministers were warned that fire regulations were not keeping people safe, in letters that have subsequently been seen by the BBC."
Goodone
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 14:10:06 (permalink)
I'm not denying this is an epic scandal and people responsible should be held to account... but what we don't have yet is the full picture, so whether it's a couple of people, or a more pervasive issue as Dave was alluding to, we simply don't know at this point.
post edited by Goodone - 2017/06/20 14:14:12
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 14:26:25 (permalink)
Goodone

I do alright 

No I'm not calling for an insurrection or whatever. Like all selfish pricks of my age I'd rather be at home than being kettled in this heat. 

There shouldn't be a need for storming the barricades- isn't it just obvious that the rich have had it all their own way for decades to the extent that it is at risk of fucking the economy up? How many trillions are offshore now? May will fail every time she tries to put legislation through, it's a busted flush. No, pretty hopeful democracy will get the old cunt out soon. 

However, I empathise with anyone angry enough to take to the streets, I wish I had the motivation time and balls to get out there and make some noise. Might still happen, these pricks in charge are next level

Goodone
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/20 17:48:25 (permalink)
Jungle Dave
Goodone

I do alright 

No I'm not calling for an insurrection or whatever. Like all selfish pricks of my age I'd rather be at home than being kettled in this heat. 

There shouldn't be a need for storming the barricades- isn't it just obvious that the rich have had it all their own way for decades to the extent that it is at risk of fucking the economy up? How many trillions are offshore now? May will fail every time she tries to put legislation through, it's a busted flush. No, pretty hopeful democracy will get the old cunt out soon. 

However, I empathise with anyone angry enough to take to the streets, I wish I had the motivation time and balls to get out there and make some noise. Might still happen, these pricks in charge are next level

Lol guilty, although my missus has recently banned all drugs in the house so even staying at home has lost its appeal!

I think I'm almost in total agreement with you, I think the corporations who have stashed the vast amount of the wealth off shore and benefited from cheap labour due to globalisation at the expense of poor people and their communities.. Where I think we disagree though is the solution which I think is multi lateral cooperation as opposed to any unilateral action... the corporations are just too powerful for one country to go out on a limb and take on by themselves

Shiverman
  • Total Posts : 10640
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/21 03:18:44 (permalink)
badder2
  • Total Posts : 1615
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/21 10:21:56 (permalink)
That is DEEP. 

Aren't these the guys are government deemed not worthy of 30k a year? 
post edited by badder2 - 2017/06/21 10:23:07
OEM
  • Total Posts : 31822
Re: Tower block disaster. 2017/06/21 23:11:16 (permalink)
Paints a picture.

Fucking joke what they've done to public service workers tbh. Then it's spun in such a way that they're the cunts for wanting more than 1% pay rise and a pension that is suitably relative to the service they've done.

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0