Helpful ReplyHot!Marcus Intalex?

Page: << < ..678910 > Showing page 9 of 10
Author
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 11972
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/08 12:27:48 (permalink)
Griff
Jungle Dave

RE: DJ Die and Randall it was an indiscretion I wouldn't repeat about anyone here in public, not a massive deal to many of you but not the sort of thing I'd want online if it was me. Nothing pervy. Very dull in fact, just a bit "easy mate"

Die and Randall are close mates, so if it was something between them, I'm sure it was just jokes, although I should probably just listen rather than trying to guess what was said 

Yeah do, because it will be a massive anticlimax! I'm sure DJ Die doesn't give a fuck or R wouldn't have let it slip

DrKevorkian
  • Total Posts : 1406
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/08 13:57:58 (permalink)
Randall hardly outed Die as a nazi. Anyone who's seen Die or met him for 5 minutes would've put 2 and 2 together pretty sharpish anyway.

RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/08 14:15:42 (permalink)
DrKevorkian
Randall hardly outed Die as a nazi. Anyone who's seen Die or met him for 5 minutes would've put 2 and 2 together pretty sharpish anyway.

Are we talking at cross purposes as that picture looks like Die is One Of The Gays TM and that ain't what I was saying. 

OK, forget I said anything!

KNUCKLES
  • Total Posts : 14740
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/08 14:18:46 (permalink)
DJ Die has always been 'lost and searching for the answers'
DrKevorkian
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/08 14:49:07 (permalink)
Hahaha I'm pretty sure he's not a p00f but he's definitely off his nut half the time. Top man as well as being one of my favourite artists too. Something Special was actually the first record I bought when getting in to DJing. OG.
post edited by DrKevorkian - 2017/06/08 14:50:18
SW14
  • Total Posts : 9887
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/08 14:50:03 (permalink)
Pretty sure he's not gay, remember him trying to crack on to some nutty bird I was seeing in Bristol back in the day.
Griff
  • Total Posts : 8616
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/08 15:00:12 (permalink)
He's definitely not.  Absolute G, slightly eccentric at times lol but he's a certified legend. 
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/08 15:13:58 (permalink)
DrKevorkian
Hahaha I'm pretty sure he's not a p00f but he's definitely off his nut half the time. Top man as well as being one of my favourite artists too. Something Special was actually the first record I bought when getting in to DJing. OG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCcHQHHuzG4

Absolutely incredible jam

KNUCKLES
  • Total Posts : 14740
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/08 15:48:24 (permalink)
he's not searching for the answers as badly as John B though
pinguville
  • Total Posts : 40
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/08 20:34:11 (permalink)
mrEQ
https://soundcloud.com/ri...ute-show-7th-june-2017

well worth a listen ...

just as a fan of dnb i think it hits hard, just the fact hes always been humble and in the scene consistently making great stuff 
Will Mac
  • Total Posts : 15061
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/08 20:55:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MR.EQ 2017/06/08 21:10:38
Dj Die has earned the right to bum whoever the fuck he wants.
Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 27157
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/08 21:58:02 (permalink)
Jungle Dave
Griff
Jungle Dave

RE: DJ Die and Randall it was an indiscretion I wouldn't repeat about anyone here in public, not a massive deal to many of you but not the sort of thing I'd want online if it was me. Nothing pervy. Very dull in fact, just a bit "easy mate"

Die and Randall are close mates, so if it was something between them, I'm sure it was just jokes, although I should probably just listen rather than trying to guess what was said 

Yeah do, because it will be a massive anticlimax! I'm sure DJ Die doesn't give a fuck or R wouldn't have let it slip

The bit where Randall says about hitting Die up for some green?
MR.EQ
  • Total Posts : 17164
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/09 07:29:41 (permalink)

SIGS, EVERYTHING SIGS.
wontfunk
  • Total Posts : 58
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/09 08:06:21 (permalink)
rinse tribute is easily the best so far. scotty's was strong, randall's one on kiss was basically ruined by hype's chat, rinse is where it's at.

saying that, haven't heard that repertoire geezer's one yet... ;-)
fonik
  • Total Posts : 3593
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/09 08:27:26 (permalink)
mrEQ
Great little write up..
https://www.timeout.com/m...sical-visionary-060817

that is quality

"To give you an idea of how militant he was with punters, when I was a youth, he once gave me grief for listening to Lemon D’s ‘Going Gets Tough’ and not buying it, which, looking back, was actually fair enough. "

ha!
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/09 08:51:23 (permalink)
Affrika is such a mad express train of bongomania- haven't heard it in years.

Always used to play second fiddle to Barracuda when I first bought it, until I stuck it on at a party with a big rig. That fucking showed me what side was what

DrKevorkian
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/09 08:57:20 (permalink)
willfunk

Hahaha I love how this thread has been hijacked by completely baseless rumours that Die takes it up the shitter
Kola Nut
  • Total Posts : 26402
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/09 09:11:40 (permalink)
willfunk

Drumshit Radio. Every Thursday 12pm.
Sheriff Lobo
  • Total Posts : 2479
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/09 09:27:53 (permalink)
Jungle Dave

Always used to play second fiddle to Barracuda when I first bought it, until I stuck it on at a party with a big rig. That fucking showed me what side was what

Nah, it was:

Afrika / Bridge The gap
Barracuda / Freaky

Both fucking unbelievable 12s... I pretty much battered every side of every Inatlex release tbh. I don't think any other artist put out 2 sides of quality as consistently as Marcus.
eg
Zumbar / Temperance
Just a little Herb / Memory Jog
Clockwork / Entropy

Too many classics.

Flow Joe
  • Total Posts : 1537
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/09 09:52:34 (permalink)
Jungle Dave

Yep, that's been sounding fresh on the tributes; when the bongo kicks in it's bangin'.

Enjoyed the Rinse show, glad someone played 'Believe' (S.P?). Robert Owens' vocal & those chords get under my skin so much more now, with Marcus passing.

Fav bit was when they talked about going to visit his mother, & sat together eating Swiss Roll. The cake & kitchen hatch made me smile - Peter Kay business...
smolsky
  • Total Posts : 357
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/09 10:04:33 (permalink)
mrEQ
Great little write up..
https://www.timeout.com/m...sical-visionary-060817

Nice 1 for linking that mrEQ

Now working my way through the Rinse show
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/09 10:12:04 (permalink)
Sheriff Lobo
Jungle Dave

Nah, it was:

Afrika / Bridge The gap
Barracuda / Freaky

Both fucking unbelievable 12s... I pretty much battered every side of every Inatlex release tbh. I don't think any other artist put out 2 sides of quality as consistently as Marcus.
eg
Zumbar / Temperance
Just a little Herb / Memory Jog
Clockwork / Entropy

Too many classics.

Fuck, oh yeah. Haven't had my vinyl out since losing my ear. Can't even remember "Bridge The Gap", although every one of those releases was pretty much a double A imo... I need to get up the loft ladder and stop being a fucking pussy and have a mixup

SW14
  • Total Posts : 9887
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/09 10:14:12 (permalink)
Did the mixing/raving etc have anything to do with losing your hearing, Dave? What happened?
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/09 10:24:41 (permalink)
SW14
Did the mixing/raving etc have anything to do with losing your hearing, Dave? What happened?

It was my mixing ear that went, but I don't think it was anything to do with presbycusis, the slow erosion of hearing hair cells by sound. You'd normally get a slow, linear loss from that. 

My hearing loss was a sudden catastrophic and severe loss, probably as the result of a lack of blood flow from a virus or vascular blockage. I think it had happened in 2007 as well when I first started having issues with tinnitus, but it was a more moderate hearing loss that recovered quickly- and I didn't notice it as I was too busy freaking out about the 80 decibels of fucking tinnitus I was introduced to. 

Unlucky mate. Plain and simple. Just God doing some retrospective readjusting after bequeathing me admittedly unfairly spectacular gifts at my inception. 

I had a mix round my mates house the other day- funnily enough it was 808 state Grooverider's Jeep mix into Die's Watching Windows Gnarly Mix. Had to do it with both ears and I'd never be able to do it in a club (I was often iffy at beatmatching anyway) but fuck me it felt good. 

Sheriff Lobo
  • Total Posts : 2479
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/09 10:27:55 (permalink)
Bridge The Gap is a wonderful tune:

Love the way the bassline changes down on the last 8 of every 16. 
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/09 10:30:50 (permalink)
Sheriff Lobo
Bridge The Gap is a wonderful tune:

Love the way the bassline changes down on the last 8 of every 16. 

Stirrings of that Detroit bleepy sound. 

Red 7 was the ultimate manifestation of that direction for me. Utterly sick mechanical beast of a tune

djctee
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/10 16:54:39 (permalink)
ID of the one before CelestialNavigation in that Rinse show?
MR.EQ
  • Total Posts : 17164
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/10 20:44:17 (permalink)
djctee
ID of the one before CelestialNavigation in that Rinse show?

SIGS, EVERYTHING SIGS.
18pdh
  • Total Posts : 90
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/12 10:04:21 (permalink)
Was sifting through some old Marcus mixes over the weekend and found one with probably one of the best introductions out there. Courtesy of the legendary MC Moose.

https://soundcloud.com/phuze18/mc-moose-introduction

'Boom, boom, boom...'!!
Flow Joe
  • Total Posts : 1537
Re: Marcus Intalex? 2017/06/12 21:37:37 (permalink)
Page: << < ..678910 > Showing page 9 of 10
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0