Hot!New paintings if anyone wants a look....

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Travis Daveley
  • Total Posts : 1238
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/14 15:25:07 (permalink)
IKOS
Slappy Kincaid

Glad you approve.

hold tight jupiter
Geordie007
  • Total Posts : 19332
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/14 16:58:52 (permalink)
Stunning work yet again fella.
IKOS
  • Total Posts : 35841
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/15 21:00:18 (permalink)
Slappy Kincaid
IKOS
Slappy Kincaid

Glad you approve.

hold tight jupiter

LOL! If you're who i think you are  Hello mate, I'd been wondering where you had got to. Hope you're well.
IKOS
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/15 21:01:36 (permalink)
geordie007
Stunning work yet again fella.

Thank you mate  Very much appreciated.
IKOS
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/15 21:04:15 (permalink)
As i've not managed to move anything this week if anyone can be tempted i'll do the pair for £80.

They look slick side by side. Both sets of prints included as mentioned.

Griff
  • Total Posts : 8227
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/15 23:09:23 (permalink)
Yeah these are quality man. I'll pm you, I really like the prints as well.
IKOS
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/16 13:17:50 (permalink)
Nice one Griff, let me know mate.

Might as well put this up again while i'm at it. I've still got some left from a limited edition run of 100 copies....

Only got a few left, they're on A3 and i'll include a set of these four drawings on A4 as well....

£40 + P&P. Drop me a PM if you're interested.
LHC
  • Total Posts : 5877
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/17 09:25:01 (permalink)
Morning IKOS, do you still have Tag Wars available?
IKOS
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/17 10:30:30 (permalink)
Morning mate, yep, it's still available. I've had a few people express interest but no one's bagged it yet.

Drop me a PM if you're interested and we'll sort something out.
LHC
  • Total Posts : 5877
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/17 11:28:27 (permalink)
Nice one thanks, PMd
IKOS
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/19 14:17:39 (permalink)
Tag Wars and both the 2nd and 3rd in the Hot Calligraphy series have been bagged. Many thanks to those who've bought them.

TLDR: I'm about to start a new painting and i would really appreciate your opinion on something. The new piece will be on a big 24' x 35' deep box canvas. Do you think i should do a 4th in the Hot Calligraphy series or one in the same vein as Tag Wars? I'd really appreciated it if you let me know what you think even if you never have any intention of buying any of my work. (IMPORTANT NOTE TO THE NEW OWNERS OF THE HOT CALLIGRAPHY PAIR AND TAG WARS: Do not worry, you have my word this new piece will in no way be a copy of your newly acquired paintings. At the very most it may be in a slightly similar style but only in as much as all my work has its own slightly similar style, but trust me it will be unmistakably totally unique including the colour scheme compared from yours)

Full explanation if anyone's interested or possibly considering buying something in the future....

I'm about to start my next big - (big compared to most of my paintings until recently) - project and was hoping i might be able to get some opinions from those who check in on these art threads i do from time to time. I would really appreciate your opinion on the direction you think i should take with this painting if you would be kind enough to take a minute to let me know even if it's just a one line, "The 4th in the Hot Calligraphy series" or "Tag Wars take two". Tag Wars and Hot Calligraphy have both got the most attention across various forums and social media platforms so it makes sense to go with what's popular.

So what are you saying, Tag Wars take two or a large 4th in the Hot Calligraphy series? This time going in far more complex and including color? (IMPORTANT NOTE TO THE NEW OWNERS OF THE HOT CALLIGRAPHY PAIR AND TAG WARS: Do not worry, you have my word this new piece will in no way be a copy of your newly acquired paintings. At the very most it may be in a slightly similar style but only in as much as all my work has its own slightly similar style, but trust me it will be unmistakably totally unique including the colour scheme compared from yours)

If anyone feels like getting in early and wants to express some interest in buying then i'll be able to color to your spec and preferred style so let me know asap.

Even if you're not planning on buying, what do you reckon i should go with next? Let me know and many thanks in advance.

Finally, I'm sure some of you are thinking 'why does this plank need us to tell us what to paint?' Well clearly i don't, but it could help me out as once i've asked the same question access various platforms then added up the answers i'm giving myself a better chance at finding it a new home. This isn't going to be a vanity project, i need to start doing more of what's popular to get some momentum going and moving more work in the hope of managing to start save more than a pittance each month 

Safe then, thanks for hearing me out and apologies for the essay i suppose. For real though, anyone who wasn't interested and still bothered reading down to here only has themselves to blame, I gave you a TLDR at the top so it's on you 

Thanks to those who take a minute to give me their thoughts, it's honestly appreciated.

post edited by IKOS - 2017/05/19 14:31:47
Innit786
  • Total Posts : 82
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/19 19:39:01 (permalink)
In answer to above. Hot caligraphy would be my preference of the two.

But this one below is also very nice.
Maybe a hot caligraphy combo with the depth of this one.

IKOS

dimdum
  • Total Posts : 16314
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/20 00:40:18 (permalink)
Draw some nudes
IKOS
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/21 00:25:29 (permalink)
Innit786
In answer to above. Hot caligraphy would be my preference of the two.

But this one below is also very nice.
Maybe a hot caligraphy combo with the depth of this one.

IKOS

Safe for that mate, i appreciate you taking time out to let me know what you think.

I really like your idea of mixing those two styles. Maybe something blocky and colorful same as in the coloured set but instead of the black background having a really small complex Hot Calligraphy style fill instead. Thanks for the input, it's good of you to bother.

To be honest i've been starting to think i may have exhausted my current styles and rather than just rehashing them maybe it's time for something totally fresh but with elements that will identify it as my style. I'm wide awake and can't be arsed lying in the dark for five hours failing to sleep so i'm going to get at it and see if i can get something started.

Thanks again for the inspiration, nice one.
IKOS
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/21 00:27:16 (permalink)
dimdum
Draw some nudes

I've painted a fair few ex's in the past. I was actually pretty good at bodies but utterly hopeless at faces.
Geordie007
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/21 11:55:46 (permalink)
IKOS
dimdum
Draw some nudes

I've painted a fair few ex's in the past. I was actually pretty good at bodies but utterly hopeless at faces.

No one looks at faces when having a wank
IKOS
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/21 12:57:16 (permalink)

IKOS
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/21 12:58:32 (permalink)
What's up with the smileys? 
Geordie007
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/21 12:59:30 (permalink)
Seem to work this end
IKOS
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/21 13:03:22 (permalink)
In that case I demand an immediate refund.
Geordie007
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/21 13:04:41 (permalink)
I think you'll be waiting a while.

Once I get my flat rearranged can you paint one on me wall?😆
IKOS
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/21 13:14:43 (permalink)
Cause i can. I think a D&BA smiley will look magnificent on your wall.
Geordie007
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/21 14:15:01 (permalink)
Ha ha erm I meant one of your creations 😅
IKOS
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/21 14:25:09 (permalink)
 Mate i was very much hoping that's what you meant but if it was a joke about the smileys i'd have embarrassed myself and possibly made you feel awkward so decided to err on the side of caution 

Are you thinking about getting a canvas or do you mean it literally and would like one painting directly on the wall?

I just read it again properly, you clearly mean directly on a wall. I would absolutely love to mate.
post edited by IKOS - 2017/05/21 14:34:12
Geordie007
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/21 16:37:04 (permalink)
Ha ha yeah man directly on the wall. I don't know how long I'll be here for so aware that I can't take it with me but would look ace and be a nice touch for your portfolio
IKOS
Re: New paintings if anyone wants a look.... 2017/05/22 18:54:21 (permalink)
Sound, like i said i'd love to, i'm proper up for it. I've done the same kind of project a few times in the past and when it's done properly (which i always do) and with a classy design, I personally think they look way more impressive than just having a painting hanging on the wall. I've done countless large murals over the years. Working large scale is no problem for me as i started out on this path due to being a Graff artist when i was a kid. I wouldn't advise opting for spray paint though as it'll stink your home out for weeks.

Regarding not being able to take it with you - Once it's completed i'll take some photos of it and get my printers to make a topnotch copy of it for you at whatever size you'd like. So when you more you will be able to take it with you. Kind of.

If you're set on having it done, let me know what your budget is and i'll let you know what's possible. Also give me some ides of what you would like painting and i'll do some rough concept sketches for you to choose from.

Have a think about it and let me know.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0