Helpful ReplyHot!ISIS/Mass Killings Talk & Speculation

Page: << < ..565758 > Showing page 57 of 58
Author
SW14
  • Total Posts : 10198
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/11 18:38:57 (permalink)
I think we can put the status of this bloke beyond "suspect". Hopefully he falls down the stairs in custody. 
Loam
  • Total Posts : 1336
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/11 19:02:40 (permalink)
SW14
Hopefully he falls down the stairs in custody. 

lol
Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/11 19:03:30 (permalink)
buttock
Cheers for that Socrates

fucking lol
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18146
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/11 19:10:17 (permalink)
Sidestep...

I think you know already know the reason we don't have different levels of punishment for different levels of certainty around a conviction. Or do you advocate changing that approach? Innocent until proven guilty, and then once guilty they are either:

- Proven beyond reasonable doubt, but like, he could maybe have not done it, but he just like "seems" guilty you know? So maybe go easy on him.
- I guess it's hard to tell, but he had the biggest beard in the vicinity so... give him 5 years.
- Well he bloody admitted it didn't he!? Get the water board and the nipple clamps out!

There's a clear difference between advocating the torture of a specific individual, and suggesting that the law is changed to allow the torture of people. Can't tell which camp you're in.

Goodone
  • Total Posts : 4723
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/11 19:20:33 (permalink)
Stop treating them as criminals and as enemy combatants would be a start... so long as we remain within Geneva convention we don't have to compromise our ideals
SW14
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/11 19:21:56 (permalink)
I wouldn't change the law but I wouldn't lose any sleep if some harm were to come his way by some awful happening.

Fuck him.
Goodone
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/11 19:34:31 (permalink)
Rudiger01
buttock
Cheers for that Socrates

fucking lol

Fucking unlol

That was shit at least credit me with a philosopher from the enlightenment not one of those batty fucking Greek ones

Edit: you cunt
post edited by Goodone - 2017/12/11 19:47:39
Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/11 19:53:38 (permalink)
Que?
Goodone
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/11 20:04:51 (permalink)
Sorry bro probably totally overreacted just then as you were dear fellow
darkmatter
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/11 20:11:57 (permalink)
Rudiger01
Que?

demasiado profundo para ti pues

Goodone
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/11 20:26:08 (permalink)
Although sometimes we find common ground due to your rhetorical promuscuity but now seems you've gone the whole hog and talking another language altogether... you truly are one of a kind lol
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 7816
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/11 21:30:07 (permalink)
ISIS were making threats of a New York attack just over a week ago :-

http://metro.co.uk/2017/1...e-7113897/?ito=cbshare
SW14
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/11 21:33:22 (permalink)
I don't think this little Bengali one man army cretin was their heavy mob tbf.
post edited by SW14 - 2017/12/11 21:35:58
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 22814
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/12 06:34:14 (permalink)
SW14

Dunno mate. You thought it was bantz that Lynton Crosby had sent in a suicide bomber to blow up a load of children at a pop concert the week before the election which many might consider rather sick as well. 

Some of black humour on a forum known for it?  Yeah, some people might think that sick. But then this is a place where members with a partner from abusive families have had the piss ripped (and plenty worse jokes over the years), so I think the general public might have that consideration about all of us.

A gleefull cheerleading for torture as punishment on the other hand?  Little bit more fucked up than one off-key joke.

Goodone
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/12 10:30:04 (permalink)
Even allowing the fact it was an attempt at humour you were still trivialising the largest existential threat to our society, in the wake of a horrific attack on women and children....

I can understand sw14s frustration you just sound like a twat
KNUCKLES
  • Total Posts : 14972
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/12 10:47:40 (permalink)
Goodone
Even allowing the fact it was an attempt at humour you were still trivialising the largest existential threat to our society, in the wake of a horrific attack on women and children....

I can understand sw14s frustration you just sound like a twat

40,000 people will die this year from air pollution in the UK, you don't seem as passionate about that though m8. 

Perspective, you need.
Goodone
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/12 12:51:16 (permalink)
You need to be slightly ignorant or stupid to not understand that attacks such as this are the thin end of the wedge and just typify a more insidious threat

And yeah I've heard statistics  about air pollution, lawn mowers, swimming pools etc killing more than terrorists... unless you can prove that there is a group of people out there conspiring to take over the world by making faulty electrical goods then I don't see how your point is relevant
dazdsb
  • Total Posts : 5324
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/12 13:23:11 (permalink)
I don't get the whole 'you're more likely to die doing X' than be killed by terrorists argument.

No innocent people should have to die to terrorism. 

If I die because I accidentally run the cable over whilst mowing the lawn... well, shit happens. 
SW14
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/12 13:24:55 (permalink)
Deliberate, pre-meditated and indiscriminate civilian slaughter to advance stone age political/religious objectives is not comparable to accidents in any way imho.
darkmatter
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/12 13:44:54 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby KNUCKLES 2017/12/12 14:14:12
dazdsb
I don't get the whole 'you're more likely to die doing X' than be killed by terrorists argument.

Let me be clear, that's not happening here.

Knuckles was referring to goodone's comment about "the biggest existential threat to our society". He believes other things could be a bigger existential threat to our society and quoted pollution as one example.

He didn't say "pollution is the same as terrorism" and he didn't say "you're more likely to die in a car crash than from terrorism, and therefore you should be more concerned about road safety than terrorism".

The argument you refer to isn't an attempt to define a precedence and say terrorism is lower down the priority list, or to try and directly compare one form of death to terrorism related death. It's an attempt to encourage people to maintain a sense of perspective and rationality. We make a lot of arms in the UK and they kill a lot of people - a lot more than islamist terrorism. But we don't often hear goodone & SW14 worrying about that as vociferously. Presumably our right to carpet bomb other people elsewhere around the globe is what makes our society what it is - and we need to protect that god-given right from all the infidels who want to destroy us.

Jimmy2Shoes
  • Total Posts : 5921
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/12 14:09:21 (permalink)
Firing squad for upturned plugs imo
Goodone
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/12 16:43:19 (permalink)
Anyone else getting deja vu?

Ok I admit the world ending is probably a bigger existential threat. But disagree with your interpretation, it's total fallacious reasoning designed to obfuscate the issue rather than provide perspective.

If it is perspective you want then no where have I defended our foreign policy. However I would also note you'd be hard pushed to find a society with a track record any better (or worse) than the UK / West. So I'm not sure why you think that negates our right to be concerned about societal cohesion and the issues we see unfolding throughout Europe due to the influx of islamic immigration 

SW14
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 22314
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/12 20:41:34 (permalink)
dead link
Innit786
  • Total Posts : 168
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2017/12/12 20:46:58 (permalink)
Jimmy2Shoes
Firing squad for upturned plugs imo

Radio 4 today?
Shiverman
  • Total Posts : 11506
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2018/01/18 10:23:00 (permalink)
SW14
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2018/01/19 20:26:50 (permalink)
Why is that awkward? 

Biggest demographic in the country by far is most represented in extremism murders by number. Still run pretty close by radical Islam which "beat" it the year previously despite making up a fraction of the population.

Something very strange about the Las Vegas killings and the news flow from it. The planning was meticulous to the extreme, even setting up cameras in the hotel door peephole and on a food cart outside his room so he could see when the SWAT team arrived on a laptop live stream in his room.

I find it very hard to believe it wasn't done for a motive of some kind and that authorities don't know that motive already. 

post edited by SW14 - 2018/01/19 20:43:11
SW14
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2018/01/20 15:43:19 (permalink)
Pretty disgraceful what is happening in Afrin. Turkish airstrikes on the predominantly Kurdish SDF on an area that hadn’t been dragged into the war, backed up by “rebel” Turkish armed Islamists on the ground.

“NATO” Turkey did nothing while ISIS laid siege to the Kurds in Kobane right on it’s border but now bombs a peaceful area trying an experiment in secular, bottom up democracy.

Kurds betrayed yet again. Co-includes with a federal government shutdown in the US, some of their troops are embedded there. Could get very messy this.

Turkish F-16 being reported as shot down by Turkish media.
post edited by SW14 - 2018/01/20 19:55:39
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 22314
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2018/01/20 22:47:35 (permalink)
SW14
Why is that awkward? 

Biggest demographic in the country by far is most represented in extremism murders by number. Still run pretty close by radical Islam which "beat" it the year previously despite making up a fraction of the population.

Because it won't get reported on the 10 o clock news. And it won't get a mention in the tabloid.
Yet if it was ISIS/Islam top of the chart it would be front page news.
SW14
Re: ISIS Talk & Speculation 2018/01/20 22:57:15 (permalink)
You never read about Dylan Roof, the Charlottesville killer, the Charlottesville protests etc all over the news, no?

You weren’t looking very hard then.

Muslims make up less than 1% of the US population yet are dramatically over-represented in (particularly) terror convictions but also extremist killings, accounting for just under a third of them all and the most the year previous.

ISIS/Islamic terror gets more coverage because it is part of a global insurgency. As we speak Islamists are laying siege to Kurds in Afrin and gunmen have attacked the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul with AK47’s.
post edited by SW14 - 2018/01/20 23:08:46
Page: << < ..565758 > Showing page 57 of 58
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0