Helpful ReplyHot!Curry

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 21561
Re: Curry 2017/04/01 07:42:58 (permalink)
I always like the idea of a naan but i rarely finish it if I've already got curry, rice, a side and poppodums.
The contrast of a sweet peshwari with a hot curry is decent though.
post edited by gutlessrhyme - 2017/04/01 08:43:04
w1003
  • Total Posts : 3363
Re: Curry 2017/04/01 08:34:45 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
The contrast of a sweet peshwari with something with a hot curry is decent though.

This

If i get a milder curry its a keema. If a hot one, it's a peshy all day

Ta

sigs have returned

BRB
PapaJaro
  • Total Posts : 6650
Majik
  • Total Posts : 40984
Re: Curry 2017/04/01 09:32:17 (permalink)
Phall is pointless in general but having a fish curry phall hot?

Nah, totally destroys the fish?

SmokedEggs
  • Total Posts : 2115
Re: Curry 2017/04/01 09:38:41 (permalink)
I couldn't/wouldn't bother having a phaal

Have had vindaloo a few times but a goan pork one as opposed to british curry house one is delicious

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food..ipes/porkvindaloo_89999
Majik
Re: Curry 2017/04/01 10:17:42 (permalink)
Yeah Vindaloo is a genuine style of curry but phaal's just pure heat for the sake of it.

For alpha pub guys trying to prove how solid they are.

dotarr
  • Total Posts : 4835
Re: Curry 2017/04/01 10:26:37 (permalink)
This is going to make me sound like a right cretin, but the hairy bikers goan vindaloo recipe is one of the best I've attempted and also a piece of piss.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/lamb_vindaloo_41903

dotarr
Re: Curry 2017/04/01 10:28:47 (permalink)
Mighty Wighty
Pity Daz couldn't combine the two really, there's a pop-up that frequents DDC called the English Indian that do a pretty serious take on fish & chips.

I had the pakora battered fish with tikka paneer, masala fries, madras chip shop curry sauce & mint/chilli mushy peas last time.

Some places do haggis pakora up here, it's lovely.
Majik
Re: Curry 2017/04/01 10:36:05 (permalink)
simon.r
This is going to make me sound like a right cretin, but the hairy bikers goan vindaloo recipe is one of the best I've attempted and also a piece of piss.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/lamb_vindaloo_41903

They can actually cook tbf

cliche
  • Total Posts : 6765
Re: Curry 2017/04/01 10:53:58 (permalink)
To answer Phall questions:
A few years ago yeh, I was probably a bit silly and just went for hot-curries for the fun of it, but once you get over that sillyness there is a lot of taste to be found. Just you need to have a good base-tolerance to access that world.

I used to always get curries without rice as I saw it as pointless stodge, over the years I have gotten more and more into it and less into naan (pretty much now not hugely into naan for the reasons I used to not be into rice).
dazdsb
  • Total Posts : 4949
Re: Curry 2017/04/01 12:03:45 (permalink)
Mighty Wighty

Well, I stuck to my guns and the fish and chips were a massive let down. I'd put it up there on a fish and chip pedestal and it was never going to satisfy.

To then come back into this thread and see the photo above really rubbed salt in the wounds.

Should have gone with the curry ffs.

Also, like to have small bit of rice b2b garlic naan b2b poppadom w/ curry.
post edited by dazdsb - 2017/04/01 12:05:47
MellowHype
  • Total Posts : 5603
Re: Curry 2017/04/01 12:41:15 (permalink)
Chapatis > Rice
dotarr
Re: Curry 2017/04/01 13:44:04 (permalink)
Roti when I'm 'ere.

If you get down an Asian supermarket you can get frozen uncooked ones. Just need to dry fry them for a couple of minutes.
DJaySwitch
  • Total Posts : 7573
Re: Curry 2017/04/01 14:19:51 (permalink)
Phall/Chilli Massala just fuck you up after the first couple mouthfulls. Theyre really tasty and then all of a sudden it's like hmmmmm maybe i shouldnt have started lol.
Last time i had a chilli massala i had a gut ache for a whole day afterwards so i wont be touching them again. Just a bit too hot really. I do crave spicy stuff though, it's just insanely addictive.

www.myspace.com/urbanchaosdrumandbass
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 6973
Re: Curry 2017/04/03 13:33:15 (permalink)
Majik

For alpha pub guys trying to prove how solid they are.

exactly. seen so many 'top fackin boys' embarrass themselves and ruin their evening trying to show everyone what a massive dick they have. it doesn't even particularly taste of anything imo, just pure heat

RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 91585
Re: Curry 2017/04/03 13:45:00 (permalink)
I tried a phall once, the waiter tried to tell me i didn't want it and it really was unbearably hot, everyone was pouring with sweat and unbuttoning their shirts, never again lol
dazdsb
Re: Curry 2017/04/03 13:56:45 (permalink)
I was telling my gran how hot Dave's Insanity sauce is at Sunday dinner once and she insisted that 'it can't be that hot'. Fetched it from the kitchen and she proceeded to pour out and consume an entire teaspoon of it in one hit.

She proudly sat there like a stubborn old lady would and tried to play it off like it was no biggy but she was reaching for the wine and downing it like it was water b2b hiccups b2b sweats. After 5 minutes of saying nothing she was like 'see, not hot at all'. 

Told that story at her funeral - summed her up perfectly. Hardcore lol, bless her.
Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1173
Re: Curry 2017/04/03 14:09:10 (permalink)
I ordered a curry last night and deliberately ordered loads so I have the leftovers to eat tonight. The hottest I go is a madras, I've never tried a vindaloo. My regular place did make my curry hotter than usual for some reason.
The Waco Kid
  • Total Posts : 43694
Re: Curry 2017/04/03 14:17:14 (permalink)
dazdsb
I was telling my gran how hot Dave's Insanity sauce is at Sunday dinner once and she insisted that 'it can't be that hot'. Fetched it from the kitchen and she proceeded to pour out and consume an entire teaspoon of it in one hit.

She proudly sat there like a stubborn old lady would and tried to play it off like it was no biggy but she was reaching for the wine and downing it like it was water b2b hiccups b2b sweats. After 5 minutes of saying nothing she was like 'see, not hot at all'. 

Told that story at her funeral - summed her up perfectly. Hardcore lol, bless her.

How soon after this event did she die?

dazdsb
Re: Curry 2017/04/03 14:19:38 (permalink)
Syhr

She stuck it out for like another 10 years dude. 

She made cancer look like a little bitch as well tbf - sticking it out in her own home in good spirits until the last couple of days when it finally got her. 

She was wonderfully stubborn - quite inspiring lol. 
OEM
  • Total Posts : 32367
Re: Curry 2017/04/03 14:23:38 (permalink)
At home we used to eat fresh fried fish pokoras, skewered and grilled mince lamb kebabs as starters. A runnyish on-the-bone chicken curry and veg sabji, with roti and yoghurt washed down with three bottles of whisky.

Been a long time since we've done that. We just go out now.

Majik
Re: Curry 2017/04/03 14:36:01 (permalink)
Syhr
dazdsb

lol savage

FightMeIRL
  • Total Posts : 1090
Re: Curry 2017/04/04 02:33:51 (permalink)
dazdsb
Syhr

She stuck it out for like another 10 years dude. 

She made cancer look like a little bitch as well tbf - sticking it out in her own home in good spirits until the last couple of days when it finally got her. 

She was wonderfully stubborn - quite inspiring lol. 

My Gran died of cancer last year. She wasn't into any of this treatment shit, she was 90 and couldn't give a fuck anymore. Wanted to go out without any fuss or bother, she was ready. Fully respect her for that. She knew it was her time and didn't wanna fuck about. RIP my gran.

Sorry for being a soppy cunt.

Edit: this has nothing to do with curry whatsoever.
post edited by JohnathanBiscuits - 2017/04/04 02:36:42
DNBADMAN
Re: Curry 2017/04/14 20:51:50 (permalink)
Curry time
Rapt
  • Total Posts : 4121
Re: Curry 2017/04/14 21:04:00 (permalink)
Harri Mirch from Red Rose Guildford is the hottest curry I've had. It genuinely has a really nice flavour but the naga chillies make it a struggle to eat. It's strangely addictive though, have ordered it a few times.
w1003
  • Total Posts : 3363
Re: Curry 2017/04/14 21:14:10 (permalink)
Funny that despite all the indians ive had, my dads homemade is still the best.

sigs have returned

BRB
HarrySword
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: Curry 2017/04/14 21:36:43 (permalink)
my standard order would be Bengal Tiger (an amazing rich mutton curry my local does, Vindaloo heat), lime rice, 2 chapati, onion bajii, side order of saag and, possibly, seekh kebab too. I'm a fat bastard. 
DNBADMAN
Re: Curry 2017/04/14 23:26:08 (permalink)
Rapt
Harri Mirch from Red Rose Guildford

Sounds like a radio shout
Artical Don
  • Total Posts : 6569
Re: Curry 2017/04/15 09:33:41 (permalink)
I'm craving a curry saux bad.

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0