Helpful ReplyHot!Favourite Megadrive Games?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Buscemi Eyes
  • Total Posts : 2937
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/11 20:42:48 (permalink)
Bonanza brothers
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 19366
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 10:20:21 (permalink)
Cannon fodder

no
dotarr
  • Total Posts : 4831
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 11:58:34 (permalink)
Snatcher was a good cyberpunk adventure on the megacd. One of the few decent games on it tbh

post edited by simon.r - 2017/02/12 12:04:16
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 7642
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 14:42:20 (permalink)
Never knew anyone with a Mega CD.

Stoopid_Fux
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 14:48:07 (permalink)
Did know a kid with a Saturn and my brother was one few ppl who had a Dreamcast - Dreamcast had some seriously sick games on. I don't get why Capcom never did anymore Power Stone games since. Dreamcast was also very easy to pirate games on via just CD-Rs. In some ways the Dreamcast was Segas best console but damage had already been done via previous flops 
LHC
  • Total Posts : 6097
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 14:55:10 (permalink)
I had a Dreamcast (second hand for about £40 at the end of its life). Not many games but great quality control. Of the top of my head Powerstone 2, Soul Calibur, Skies of Arcadia, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Shenmue all sick.
dotarr
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 14:57:08 (permalink)
Yeah dreamcast was sick.

Had a mate with a Saturn, it was mostly crap but Sega Rally and the die hard game was good. Better than the psx version because they had the big chunky arcade gun.
dotarr
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 14:59:49 (permalink)
Stoopid_Fux

I did but only tenuously it was shit. Played Snatcher on an emulator though.

A mate borrowed an atari lynx, the games were so boring, it was much worse than the game gear which was rubbish game play wise compared to the game boy.
Mr Sketch
  • Total Posts : 22152
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 15:02:55 (permalink)
WiffleBat
Mr Sketch
Used to rinse the Sonics, Road rash 2, NBA jam, Shinobi, Golden Axe and there was a game that I can't for the life of me remember what it was called but it was set in the future and was kind of a cross between football and rugby.

Was it this?

Yep, that's it.

http://www.house-mixes.com/artists/Mr_Sketch
THIRT33N
  • Total Posts : 1203
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 15:04:49 (permalink)
How has Bomberman not been mentioned yet?
WiffleBat
  • Total Posts : 4732
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 15:19:44 (permalink)
I always associate Bomberman as a SNES game. Same with Street Fighter. Just like stuff like Desert Strike will always be a Mega Drive game even though there's a SNES version.
Stoopid_Fux
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 15:33:24 (permalink)
LHC
I had a Dreamcast (second hand for about £40 at the end of its life). Not many games but great quality control. Of the top of my head Powerstone 2, Soul Calibur, Skies of Arcadia, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Shenmue all sick.

Yeh those were great games.
Also remember how easy it was to pirate games on Dreamcast via just CD-Rs. Probably some of the console's undoing. lol.I can rember my bro playing loads of SNES games via it.

Honorable mentions to Crazy Taxi , Street Fighter 3 Third Strike , Resident Evil Code Veronica , ChuChu Rocket, Sonic Adventure 1
dotarr
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 15:42:38 (permalink)
WiffleBat
I always associate Bomberman as a SNES game. Same with Street Fighter. Just like stuff like Desert Strike will always be a Mega Drive game even though there's a SNES version.

Yeah this.
Stoopid_Fux
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 16:22:37 (permalink)
simon.r
Stoopid_Fux

A mate borrowed an atari lynx, the games were so boring, it was much worse than the game gear which was rubbish game play wise compared to the game boy.

An uncle of mine had a Lynx. Had ridiculously bad battery life if remember rightly tho was kind of impressive in its day for a handheld. He also a 3DO . The 3DO was fucking terrible expensive piece of garbage with mainly "interactive" movies rather than games. Tho did have a sick port of Super Street Fighter 2 for its time which was better than SNES version.
Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1165
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 17:13:44 (permalink)
I'm tempted to dig my Dreamcast out and see if it works.

It didn't help that Sega used most of their marketing budget sponsoring two football teams rather than having a proper strategy. They also marketed the console on online play when it was still 56k modems and we didn't have broadband.
Stoopid_Fux
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 17:54:56 (permalink)
i still have my bros Dreamcast in my garage somewhere. Dont know if works still.

I think it was Segas previous fuck ups with Mega CD , 32 X , Saturn that ruined them not bad advertisement of Dreamcast or Dreamcast itself. Sega were pretty much broke when released Dreamcast. Was their last roll of the dice.

It was also ridiculously easy to pirate games for which think killed lot of game sales. Plus most ppl were just waiting for the PS2 to come out.

Dreamcast itself was a pretty good console with some great games and was kind of forward thinking for its time with internet connection , VMUs etc.

Sega ruined themsleves with the Mega CD, 32 X , Saturn not the Dreamcast.

Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 2711
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 18:26:44 (permalink)
willfunk
Rudiger01
Mega lo mania
Populous

You are definitely a Games Workshop goth

Ironically, my uncle bought me one of those Space Marine games when I was a kid. I went into the Games Workshop place and all the weirdos in there freaked me out. Never went back
Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1165
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 19:25:19 (permalink)
Stoopid_Fux
i still have my bros Dreamcast in my garage somewhere. Dont know if works still.

I think it was Segas previous fuck ups with Mega CD , 32 X , Saturn that ruined them not bad advertisement of Dreamcast or Dreamcast itself. Sega were pretty much broke when released Dreamcast. Was their last roll of the dice.

It was also ridiculously easy to pirate games for which think killed lot of game sales. Plus most ppl were just waiting for the PS2 to come out.

Dreamcast itself was a pretty good console with some great games and was kind of forward thinking for its time with internet connection , VMUs etc.

The Saturn didn't help but the money they spent sponsoring football teams could have been better spent. EA not developing games for it was also a massive blow.
dibidibbidibi
  • Total Posts : 983
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 19:39:39 (permalink)
SSF2 (8 stars difficulty, 2 stars turbo, expert mode enabled). Then try complete it with every character. Or at least all the original 12. I still haven't managed that but did complete it using the boxer.

Saturn had some fun games. Virtual On, Steep Slope, Exhumed, Sega Rally, Virtua Cop, Guardian Heroes, Virtua fighter 2, Last Bronx, KOF'97, SFAlpha2 to name a few. It also had a pile of dung releases. Not least its atrocious ports of Tomb Raider, Daytona and Wipeout. But it was never going to win against the extensive library, serious marketing and plasma effects of PS.
Rapt
  • Total Posts : 4119
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 20:07:37 (permalink)
Used to rinse Brian Lara Cricket. 
Subsurface
  • Total Posts : 15410
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 20:36:01 (permalink)
This:

dotarr
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/12 20:51:32 (permalink)
Stoopid_Fux
simon.r
Stoopid_Fux

An uncle of mine had a Lynx. Had ridiculously bad battery life if remember rightly tho was kind of impressive in its day for a handheld. He also a 3DO . The 3DO was fucking terrible expensive piece of garbage with mainly "interactive" movies rather than games. Tho did have a sick port of Super Street Fighter 2 for its time which was better than SNES version.

I don't know how technically impressive the lynx was, just that the games were boring.

I didn't have a 3do but we did have a cdi; my dad worked for Philips and got one cheap. It was shit, mostly, but mad dog Mcree was next level on its day.
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 9813
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/13 00:15:12 (permalink)
Rapt
Used to rinse Brian Lara Cricket. 

That game was so bright and colourful it was headache inducing and that's all I can remember lol.

Anyone played general chaos? Sick game
Stoopid_Fux
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/13 01:47:25 (permalink)
Original Nuttah
Stoopid_Fux

The Saturn didn't help but the money they spent sponsoring football teams could have been better spent. EA not developing games for it was also a massive blow.

It was only Arsenal they sponsered wasn't it?
I think Sega fucked up so much with the Mega CD , 32X , Saturn in 90s that it fucked them over rather than Dreamcast or any sponsorship itself.

As said eariler i did not know a single person with a Mega CD. Definitely knew no one with a 32X.
I knew ONE kid with a Saturn - which if remember rightly was more expensive than the PS1 and just shiter.

By the time Dreamcast came out - which was a good console-- Sega were already nearly broke , had a bad name and just many folk did not trust them and were also just waiting for the PS2 to come out.

dibidibbidibi
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/13 10:56:00 (permalink)
Never knew anyone with a Dreamcast.
dibidibbidibi
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/13 10:57:16 (permalink)
Alien 3
Grade
  • Total Posts : 18062
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/13 11:04:15 (permalink)
Law

Sonic 2
Golden Ax
Streets Of Rage

These three. Streets of Rage 2 as well.

Eazyflow
  • Total Posts : 3280
Re: Favourite Megadrive Games? 2017/02/13 12:46:05 (permalink)
Worthy of a mention:

OLD SKOOL FOR SALE:

"If you don't know the roots from the trunk of the tree, you won't know the branches or what the fruit will b
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0