Helpful ReplyHot!Gin

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
Kola Nut
  • Total Posts : 26298
Re: Gin 2017/03/29 12:55:45 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
Is Gordons considered scum among aficionados? 

Yes.

Drumshit Radio. Every Thursday 12pm.
Jacob Rees Mong
  • Total Posts : 19318
Re: Gin 2017/03/29 14:59:15 (permalink)
right-o. Better let my nan know

Jimmy2Shoes
  • Total Posts : 5694
Re: Gin 2017/03/29 15:00:56 (permalink)
I like Gordons, I also like Brockmans with a slice of orange
Majik
  • Total Posts : 40458
Re: Gin 2017/03/29 16:11:53 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dreamworld 2017/03/29 19:57:15
I enjoy a G&T but you man are a right bunch of benders

Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 977
Re: Gin 2017/03/29 19:13:06 (permalink)
Kola Nut
gutlessrhyme
Is Gordons considered scum among aficionados? 

Yes.

What about Bombay Saphire?
Daniel Snakeman
  • Total Posts : 31528
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 07:22:24 (permalink)

Both outrageously pleasant.
Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 26631
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 08:10:22 (permalink)
I recommend Burleigh's. It is a pleasant.
Daniel Snakeman
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 08:24:59 (permalink)
One thing's for certain, there's a hell of a lot of gins in the world.
Your Mothers So Fat
  • Total Posts : 578
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 09:18:42 (permalink)
Anyone subscribe to the Craft Gin Club? I joined a couple of months back and the first Gin they sent (Drumshambo Irish) was lovely but last months (some Danish thing) was bang average. Gonna give it one more month I think before knocking it on the head. Think I would rather just source my own bottles than be sent randoms once a month. Just wondering if anyone has been a member for longer and what their thoughts were.
Daniel Snakeman
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 09:24:40 (permalink)
@kola nut
Your Mothers So Fat
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 09:26:49 (permalink)
Thanks Snakey - just spotted that in an earlier post as I was re-reading the thread. What is the Thomas Dakin like? Been eyeing that up recently... 
Kola Nut
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 09:28:07 (permalink)
Your Mothers So Fat
Anyone subscribe to the Craft Gin Club? I joined a couple of months back and the first Gin they sent (Drumshambo Irish) was lovely but last months (some Danish thing) was bang average. Gonna give it one more month I think before knocking it on the head. Think I would rather just source my own bottles than be sent randoms once a month. Just wondering if anyone has been a member for longer and what their thoughts were.

I have been a member for 4 months. The two prior to Drumshambo were Glendalough (Ireland) and Kalevala (Finland), both amazing. I'd give it another month at least. The most recent was the weakest for sure.

Jacob Rees Mong
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 09:28:51 (permalink)
I've been going mad on Gin recently. So much so that I've had so many that i just cant remember any of them.

Spent far too much money in the Bath gin bar on saturday. I must have tried about 15 different combos

Daniel Snakeman
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 09:30:09 (permalink)
Thomas Dakin was really nice, orange peel has become my favourite garnish really since necking that bottle garnished with it.
Daniel Snakeman
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 09:32:33 (permalink)
One thing I have noticed is they seem to fluctuate wildly in price. Martin Miller is £20 on amazon but £26 in waitrose.

I got that Thomas Dakin for about £23 I think but that seems to be selling for closer to 30 now. Haymans is currently £20 on Amazon and is very delicious as mentioned above.
Your Mothers So Fat
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 10:07:26 (permalink)
Kola Nut
Your Mothers So Fat

I have been a member for 4 months. The two prior to Drumshambo were Glendalough (Ireland) and Kalevala (Finland), both amazing. I'd give it another month at least. The most recent was the weakest for sure.

Thanks. Sounds like last months was a bit of a one off so will definitely give it another month. Not hugely impressed with the range of extras that come with it either. Would prefer more than one serving of tonic. I notice you have mentioned a bottle of Chatham gin. Is there a distillery at the dockyards then? I live close to Chatham so might have to take a trip. Be interesting to get something produced close to home.

@Snakey - thanks for the info. I think they sell Martin Miller at the local supermarket so might pick up a bottle of that first based on your recommendation. I just like the look of that Thomas Dakin bottle more than anything.

I'm a bit scared how quickly me and my wife can get through a bottle of gin so need to stockpile a bit more in the house to avoid run outs!
Daniel Snakeman
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 10:21:47 (permalink)
Stockpiling is so good lol.

I tend to keep a bottle of Beefeater in the cupboard and switch to that after 2 or 3 of the good stuff, that way the bottles that have cost you twice as much tend to last a bit longer!
Kola Nut
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 10:27:52 (permalink)
Your Mothers So Fat
Kola Nut
Your Mothers So Fat

Thanks. Sounds like last months was a bit of a one off so will definitely give it another month. Not hugely impressed with the range of extras that come with it either. Would prefer more than one serving of tonic. I notice you have mentioned a bottle of Chatham gin. Is there a distillery at the dockyards then? I live close to Chatham so might have to take a trip. Be interesting to get something produced close to home.

@Snakey - thanks for the info. I think they sell Martin Miller at the local supermarket so might pick up a bottle of that first based on your recommendation. I just like the look of that Thomas Dakin bottle more than anything.

I'm a bit scared how quickly me and my wife can get through a bottle of gin so need to stockpile a bit more in the house to avoid run outs!

Yeah look up Copper Rivet Distillery. They do a tour there which I would recommend. They show you how they make the spirit, vodka, gin and whisky. You get a shot of each and then 2 gin and tonics too. I loved it. Depends on your level of obsession though lol. Where do you live? Gin club IRL.

Kola Nut
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 10:27:58 (permalink)
FFS

Kola Nut
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 10:27:55 (permalink)
Way too excited about gin.

Your Mothers So Fat
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 13:41:55 (permalink)
Kola Nut
Your Mothers So Fat
Kola Nut
Your Mothers So Fat

Yeah look up Copper Rivet Distillery. They do a tour there which I would recommend. They show you how they make the spirit, vodka, gin and whisky. You get a shot of each and then 2 gin and tonics too. I loved it. Depends on your level of obsession though lol. Where do you live? Gin club IRL.

Just had a look at their website and looks good. Will have to find some time to take a visit. I'm in Faversham so about 20 mins away. 
Daniel Snakeman
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 13:50:38 (permalink)
@YMSF

Did you do a hip hop mix years ago that was all accapellas played over different beats? Started with Redman and Meth - How High over something like the Fat Joe - Lean Back beat?
Your Mothers So Fat
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 13:57:21 (permalink)
Snakey
@YMSF

Did you do a hip hop mix years ago that was all accapellas played over different beats? Started with Redman and Meth - How High over something like the Fat Joe - Lean Back beat?

Yep that was me
Daniel Snakeman
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 13:59:32 (permalink)
would love a link to that if you have one, lost it years ago.
Your Mothers So Fat
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 14:30:54 (permalink)
I think the site I used to use to host my mixes has gone but I still have it so will try to re-host somewhere else
Your Mothers So Fat
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 15:02:19 (permalink)
Daniel Snakeman
Re: Gin 2017/04/20 17:07:38 (permalink)
Props!
Your Mothers So Fat
Re: Gin 2017/05/15 09:51:11 (permalink)
@KolaNut

Have you tried this months Craft Gin yet? I rate this one much more than last months. I have never had a martini before but seeing as there was also a bottle of vermouth in this months pack I thought I would give it a crack over the weekend. It was amazing - highly recommended. Never thought 2 neat spirits together would taste so good. 2 shots of the gin, one of the vermouth, stir in ice for 30 secs and then strain into a glass. Lovely :) 
Jacob Rees Mong
Re: Gin 2017/05/15 09:53:05 (permalink)
In that nice pub near me that's got all the gins, I noticed he used a few different tonics which really has an effect on the taste of some of the gin concoctions he puts together. 

Anyone got any recommendations for any interesting tonics I can use at home? 

Kola Nut
Re: Gin 2017/05/15 10:19:38 (permalink)
Your Mothers So Fat
@KolaNut

Have you tried this months Craft Gin yet? I rate this one much more than last months. I have never had a martini before but seeing as there was also a bottle of vermouth in this months pack I thought I would give it a crack over the weekend. It was amazing - highly recommended. Never thought 2 neat spirits together would taste so good. 2 shots of the gin, one of the vermouth, stir in ice for 30 secs and then strain into a glass. Lovely :) 

Yeah this months is amazing. Had a few double G&Ts in the bath lol. Haven't tried it with the vermouth yet.

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0