Helpful ReplyHot!American presidential election

Page: << < ..96979899100 > Showing page 96 of 100
Author
dreamworld
  • Total Posts : 5149
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 11:41:32 (permalink)
Surely they would react if there is damning evidence presented to them. I can’t believe they would turn a blind eye to something that serious.
SW14
  • Total Posts : 13384
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 11:45:12 (permalink)
dreamworld
Surely they would react if there is damning evidence presented to them. I can’t believe they would turn a blind eye to something that serious.

No one has ever been removed from office in this way. It would be completely unprecedented.
dreamworld
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 11:47:34 (permalink)
But if there is hard evidence of serious crimes they can’t just let it slide. I imagine behind closed doors they must be talking about how to deal with it when it all kicks off.
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 23125
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 12:34:13 (permalink)
SW14
dreamworld

No one has ever been removed from office in this way. It would be completely unprecedented.

So is his approach to the job.
SW14
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 12:37:15 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
SW14
dreamworld

So is his approach to the job.

True.

Almost impossible to pin things on though. There’s at least 5 Trump incidents that would have ended any other politician’s career.

Mueller will have to have something absolutely devastating to get rid of Teflon Don.
dreamworld
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 12:49:24 (permalink)
It’ll be the financial transactions / money laundering that he’s going after imo, similar to what they’re doing with Manafort. I believe the time it’s taking is just to make sure they have enough examples of irrefutable proof so there can be no question to the level of seriousness.
gutlessrhyme
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 12:59:53 (permalink)
Trump will trip up if he hasnt already. He's not clever enough to keep playing the game on the biggest stage. Frontline politics isn't a business and I can't see that you can jump from one to the other and still carry on playing the same game.
SW14
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 13:18:45 (permalink)
He’s cleverer then some of you give him credit for, imo.
gutlessrhyme
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 13:21:35 (permalink)
SW14
He’s cleverer then some of you give him credit for, imo.

He can barely string a coherent sentence together. Unless of course he's putting it all on - which would make him incredibly clever. Unlikely
dreamworld
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 13:30:45 (permalink)
Yeah I don’t believe he’s an idiot, half of the stupid stuff he’s coming out with is purposely trying to cause this continual state of outrage and confusion. I don’t believe he’s that smart either though and doubt he’s covered his financial tracks as well as he should have. The stuff coming out about his charity seems to illustrate it.
Law
  • Total Posts : 64364
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 13:43:07 (permalink)
He's a sociopath, so he's intelligent in the sense of looking out for himself. That's all he thinks about. How he can get ahead. It depends how you define intelligence. Objectively he's pretty thick, but again it doesn't matter to him because he's smart where it counts.
S8
  • Total Posts : 19820
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 14:02:05 (permalink)
I half expect him to have some full blown nervous breakdown.
SW14
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 14:14:57 (permalink)
If you look at him when he was younger he spoke very differently, far more articulate.

C4 made a sick 4 part doc about him (on Netflix) that really shows you what he’s about and what makes him tick with loads of rare archive footage, without being a shrill hit piece type affair.

Well worth watching.
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 23891
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 14:18:51 (permalink)
SW14
If you look at him when he was younger he spoke very differently, far more articulate.

Yeah, the difference in his speaking patterns is a major argument towards to the Fire and Fury dementia argument.
dreamworld
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 14:26:45 (permalink)
Law
he's intelligent in the sense of looking out for himself. That's all he thinks about.

Exactly, and his greed is what has led to him being compromised by Russia, either through debt or them having dirt on him, most likely both. From what I’ve read it’s like being indebted to the mob. He is clearly terrified and will seemingly go along with anything he’s told to do.

The Republicans have been piss weak so far but ultimately they are very patriotic and won’t stand for this subservience to Russia in the face of evidence. I doubt it anyway.
Whagwan
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 14:38:03 (permalink)
dreamworld
The Republicans have been piss weak so far but ultimately they are very patriotic and won’t stand for this subservience to Russia in the face of evidence. I doubt it anyway.

Nope:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/20/donald-trump-rides-out-critics-with-putin-white-house-invitation

Some 79% of Republicans approved of his handling of the Russian president at the post-summit press conference, according to an Axios/ SurveyMonkey poll of 2,100 people. An even higher share, 85%, think the justice department investigation into Russia’s meddling in US elections is a distraction.

“You’ve got to really examine the flyover states,” said Anthony Scaramucci, the former White House communications director. “They couldn’t care less about what happened in Russia. They love this guy, they think this guy’s for them. These are low information emotional voters and they like what they see in the president. They think he’s working for them.”

The pattern follows earlier Trump crises where it was assumed that he would haemorrhage support. During the 2016 presidential election campaign, the release of an Access Hollywood video in which he boasted about groping women caused a Republican backlash, but a month later he was elected. A year ago he drew moral equivalence between white supremacists and antiracist activists, prompting an uproar, but again his base was unshaken.

dreamworld
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 14:43:11 (permalink)
I mean if / when Mueller brings criminal charges. At the moment they’re scared of being singled out, getting publicly shamed on Twitter etc. but when the evidence is there I hope they will stand together and be counted.
dreamworld
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 14:46:21 (permalink)
I mean the Republicans in Congress btw, not his base. Nothings going to change their opinion.
gutlessrhyme
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 16:28:44 (permalink)
Michael Cohen recorded Trump discussing payment to Playboy model – report

https://www.theguardian.c...dApp_Copy_to_clipboard
SW14
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/20 16:30:44 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby wiseacre 2018/07/20 18:19:49
That’s pretty minor in the scheme of things imo. A campaign finance violation at worst.

One of the 5 things that would’ve scuttled almost anybody else but not his biggest problem by a long stretch.
Whagwan
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/24 21:55:33 (permalink)
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 11636
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/24 23:54:21 (permalink)
Is that real LOL
SW14
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/25 00:03:08 (permalink)
Trump's administration actually has been quite "tough" on Russia. As with much of this administration, what the President says and what his administration does are two very different things.

Killing 100+ Russian soldiers/mercenaries in Syria, multiple rounds of sanctions, firing cruise missiles at Russian client Assad, taking the step of arming the Ukraine, expelling 60 diplomats after Salisbury etc.
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20705
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/25 06:07:10 (permalink)
Hasn't enacted the sanctions that were near unanimously approved by Congress though.

Ukraine was only given weapons as a payoff for not assisting muller and the case against Manafort

no
SW14
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/25 06:23:02 (permalink)
wiseacre
Ukraine was only given weapons as a payoff for not assisting muller and the case against Manafort

Citation needed.

I'm sure General Mattis and his entire national security apparatus would've been up for that little arrangement
wiseacre
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/26 06:05:35 (permalink)
Russia sanctions reduced under pressure from trump admin

https://www.washingtonpos...d911c784c38_story.html

no
wiseacre
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/26 06:10:21 (permalink)
Re Ukraine

https://www.vox.com/2018/...trump-manafort-javelin

cooperation with special counsel Robert Mueller and his team has “been effectively frozen by Ukraine’s chief prosecutor” and that “the decision to halt the investigations by an anticorruption prosecutor was handed down at a delicate moment for Ukraine, as the Trump administration was finalizing plans to sell the country sophisticated anti-tank missiles, called Javelins.”

Ukrainians say they were simply working off of their own understanding of what Trump would want them to do:

Volodymyr Ariev, a member of Parliament who is an ally of President Petro O. Poroshenko, readily acknowledged that the intention in Kiev was to put investigations into Mr. Manafort’s activities “in the long-term box.”

“In every possible way, we will avoid irritating the top American officials,” Mr. Ariev said in an interview. “We shouldn’t spoil relations with the administration.”

no
SW14
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/26 07:06:14 (permalink)
wiseacre
Re Ukraine

https://www.vox.com/2018/...trump-manafort-javelin

cooperation with special counsel Robert Mueller and his team has “been effectively frozen by Ukraine’s chief prosecutor” and that “the decision to halt the investigations by an anticorruption prosecutor was handed down at a delicate moment for Ukraine, as the Trump administration was finalizing plans to sell the country sophisticated anti-tank missiles, called Javelins.”

Ukrainians say they were simply working off of their own understanding of what Trump would want them to do:

Volodymyr Ariev, a member of Parliament who is an ally of President Petro O. Poroshenko, readily acknowledged that the intention in Kiev was to put investigations into Mr. Manafort’s activities “in the long-term box.”

“In every possible way, we will avoid irritating the top American officials,” Mr. Ariev said in an interview. “We shouldn’t spoil relations with the administration.”

There's a big, big difference between "Trump only gave them weapons to buy their silence" and "we, the Ukrainians, didn't want to rock the boat during a sensitive period when their national security apparatus had agreed to give us something important".

wiseacre
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/26 08:59:24 (permalink)
Hes not been tough on Russia in any way, shape or form.

no
SW14
Re: American presidential election 2018/07/26 09:16:10 (permalink)
He hasn’t, but his administration has.

The sanctions under this administration are by far the toughest of any to date, even though you prefer to focus on what hasn’t been implemented. The sanctions targeted seven oligarchs in energy and defense and numerous top government officials.

They also shut the Russian consulate in Seattle and expelled 60 diplomats as well as the US military opening fire and killing hundreds of Russian mercenaries in Syria.

You are so biased against Trump that you’ve lost all semblance of balance and objectivity.
Page: << < ..96979899100 > Showing page 96 of 100
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0