Helpful ReplyHot!American presidential election

Page: << < ..8182838485.. > >> Showing page 81 of 98
Author
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20461
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 08:51:01 (permalink)
Chinese influence imo

no
SW14
  • Total Posts : 12788
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 08:55:09 (permalink)
And who has put pressure on the Chinese and got them to agree to serious sanctions for the first time?
KNUCKLES
  • Total Posts : 15665
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 11:32:10 (permalink)
King Jong-Un huffs and puffs, Trump makes empty threats on Twitter and the whole world is scared...

Now as soon as N.Korea say we want to talk, Trump agree's straight away, almost impulsively.

It makes Trump look so weak and reactionary, tail wagging the dog etc.
Trump should have said "I might send a couple guys to speak with you, see what you say"

N.Korea come out looking stronger imo.
SW14
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 11:36:03 (permalink)
I’m not too fussed by all this false bravado of who “looks” better personally.

The status quo hasn’t worked with North Korea so direct dialogue is to be encouraged.

Anything is better than two nuclear states threatening each other publicly with no lines of communication.
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15177
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 11:36:58 (permalink)
SW14
And who has put pressure on the Chinese and got them to agree to serious sanctions for the first time?

Reckon N Korea managed that all by themselves tbh
wiseacre
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 12:05:53 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dazdsb 2018/03/09 13:07:22
the first time the US president has agreed to talks in a very long time and is a massive climb-down by the US who have always refused to elevate NK to an equal whilst being belligerent and pursuing nukes. he's basiclly doen away with years of policy of not entering talks until nuke programmes are abandoned.

and jong's been forging clsoer relations with the south koreans, so trump wants a piece of the action and credit. he's being played, not forging any talks 
post edited by wiseacre - 2018/03/09 12:07:45

no
KNUCKLES
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 12:15:18 (permalink)
Anything to take focus away from his domestic issues and that shambles of a WH team.
Cohn leaving this week was one of the last adults at the table, that said, he's already hinted at returning lol
SW14
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 12:40:03 (permalink)
wiseacre
the first time the US president has agreed to talks in a very long time and is a massive climb-down by the US who have always refused to elevate NK to an equal whilst being belligerent and pursuing nukes. he's basiclly doen away with years of policy of not entering talks until nuke programmes are abandoned.

and jong's been forging clsoer relations with the south koreans, so trump wants a piece of the action and credit. he's being played, not forging any talks 

Who cares?

The status quo hasn’t worked.

Dialogue can only be a good thing.
Bertie Bassett
  • Total Posts : 665
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 13:05:28 (permalink)
All Kim wanted was attention. Now he's got it
SW14
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 13:19:31 (permalink)
Frankly I couldn’t give a shit about “attention”, who “looks” better etc as long as two nuclear powers come down from the brink of a confrontation that could be the end of the world as we know it.

If the USA and North Korea can normalize relations, that’s a good thing for the world.
wiseacre
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 14:27:20 (permalink)
who hijacked sw14's account?

no
SW14
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 14:50:28 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mulla 2018/03/09 15:42:17
I’ve said all along it’s vital that they should talk. I’m no neo-con.

It’s quite amusing watching parts of the left (not you) tying themselves in knots to credit anyone but Trump for this. Obama (😂), unseen back channels. Someone, anyone.

As surely as he deserves criticism when he is a tit, he deserves praise when he’s not. I’d have thought we could all agree that this has the potential to be positive.

“But he’s deviating from established US policy on North Korea!” - yeah, that was working really fucking well, wasn’t it?

I couldn’t care less if Trump and Kim have a WWE bout to solve this one, as long as relations improve and there’s one less problem in the world. Leave them to their weird little fiefdom and they’ll leave us alone.
S8
  • Total Posts : 19567
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 14:56:54 (permalink)
It doesn't really matter at this point tbh. The fact they are sitting down is a good thing; just like the 6 countries sitting down with Iran and ironing out a deal for them to stop their Nukes. 

Hopefully it works out tbh.

I do find it hypocritical that we want them to disarm, whilst simultaneously looking to renew our nuclear weapons. 
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8608
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 14:58:18 (permalink)
SW14 I couldn’t care less if Trump and Kim have a WWE bout to solve this one, as long as relations improve and there’s one less problem in the world. 

Trump does have some WWE experience. 
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 12862
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 15:01:03 (permalink)
Imagine being a fly on the wall at that meeting. 
Two horrible guys with micropenii

KNUCKLES
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 15:07:45 (permalink)
They might respect Trump but I think NK have got their clout up from this

Stoopid_Fux
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 15:32:52 (permalink)
Kim Jong better be mindful of Don's clothesline

what a surreal time we're in.

post edited by Stoopid_Fux - 2018/03/09 15:35:41
21 21
  • Total Posts : 6175
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 15:38:13 (permalink)

Bertie Bassett
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 15:51:45 (permalink)
I still can't believe that clown is President of the USA.
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7371
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/09 16:11:42 (permalink)
SW14
As surely as he deserves criticism when he is a tit, he deserves praise when he’s not. I’d have thought we could all agree that this has the potential to be positive.

“But he’s deviating from established US policy on North Korea!” - yeah, that was working really fucking well, wasn’t it?

I couldn’t care less if Trump and Kim have a WWE bout to solve this one, as long as relations improve and there’s one less problem in the world. Leave them to their weird little fiefdom and they’ll leave us alone.

I have to agree, although I am highly dubious it will work.
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 11177
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/10 14:05:24 (permalink)
I bet trump has a proper little chode and balls like planets
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15177
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/10 14:13:45 (permalink)
NRA suing Florida for introducing bare minimum gun control in the wake of the school massacre.

Such a fucked up country.
SW14
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/13 13:34:09 (permalink)
Rexxon Tillerson gone.
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 11177
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/13 13:39:29 (permalink)
Anyone know the comparison of people fired / resigned etc compared to Obama / Bush over a similar timeline? 
Stoopid_Fux
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/13 13:40:39 (permalink)
SW14
Rexxon Tillerson gone.

well that's not dodgy at all lol. 

Crazy how many ppl have been hired and sacked by Trump now.  
wiseacre
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/13 13:57:30 (permalink)
his PA has gone too

Turnover rate in their first two years in office: GW Bush 27% Obama 15%
Turnover rate in Trump's first year: 48%

post edited by wiseacre - 2018/03/13 16:10:26

no
Eazyflow
  • Total Posts : 3353
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/13 15:44:14 (permalink)
Stoopid_Fux
SW14
Rexxon Tillerson gone.

well that's not dodgy at all lol. 

Crazy how many ppl have been hired and sacked by Trump now.  

It's as if he still thinks it's The Apprentice and someone needs to be fired each week.

OLD SKOOL FOR SALE:

"If you don't know the roots from the trunk of the tree, you won't know the branches or what the fruit will b
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 12862
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/13 15:53:34 (permalink)
Sheeeit. 

What complete horrorshow is waiting to replace Rex I wonder

wiseacre
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/13 16:17:26 (permalink)
mike pompeo, currently CIA director.  

and what a lovely chap he is too. a raging christian neocon.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/11/pompeo-trump-tillerson/547217/

Pompeo embraces anti-Muslim bigots, and defames Muslims, with almost as much gusto as Trump himself.
Among Fransen’s closest American analogues are Brigitte Gabriel and Frank Gaffney. Gabriel, who has said a “practicing Muslim, who believes in the teachings of the Koran, cannot be a loyal citizen to the United States of America,” runs ACT for America, an organization that scours textbooks in an effort to eliminate references that equate Islam with Judaism and Christianity, and urges its members to protest the sale of halal food. In 2016, Pompeo won ACT’s “highest honor,” the National Security Eagle Award. Gabriel has called him a “[link=ttp://www.actforamerica.org/bgeoy]steadfast ally[/link].”

Pompeo is also a steadfast ally of Frank Gaffney, President of the Center for Security Policy, who has argued that adherence to Islamic law—far from being protected by the First Amendment—should be considered “an impermissible act of sedition, which has to be prosecuted.” Pompeo spoke at the Center for Security Policy’s “Defeat Jihad” summit in 2015. And as a member of Congress, he appeared on Gaffney’s radio show over 20 times.

his current deputy will step up into the director role. she's equally delightful

Gina Haspel was appointed Director of the CIA this morning following Pompeo's move to State
Haspel was a major proponent of "enhanced interrogation" techniques in the Bush administration, and was largely beached at CIA during the Obama years because of it. According to recently released CIA cables she directly and personally oversaw the torture of multiple detainees at CIA black sites. Haspel recently was successful in getting the video recordings of her torture sessions destroyed:
When questions began to swirl about the Bush administration’s use of the “black sites,” and program of “enhanced interrogation,” the chief of base began pushing to have the tapes destroyed. She accomplished her mission years later when she rose to a senior position at CIA headquarters and drafted an order to destroy the evidence, which was still locked in a CIA safe at the American embassy in Thailand. Her boss, the head of the agency’s counterterrorism center, signed the order to feed the 92 tapes into a giant shredder.
She is currently being sued by the European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights for her role in the torture of Saudi nationals and since December there has been pressure on the German Prosecutor General to issue an arrest for Haspel on charges of war crimes.

no
Bertie Bassett
Re: American presidential election 2018/03/13 16:18:59 (permalink)
. beat me to it
Page: << < ..8182838485.. > >> Showing page 81 of 98
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0