Helpful ReplyHot!To Brexit or not to Brexit?

Page: << < ..6162636465.. > >> Showing page 63 of 68
Author
SW14
  • Total Posts : 13669
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/04 12:38:32 (permalink)
Stoopid_Fux
Seems Macron has actually backed down on the fuel tax now :-

https://www.theguardian.c...x-increase-say-reports

Bottled it.
_Modus_
  • Total Posts : 5356
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/04 12:51:47 (permalink)
Razor
Stoopid_Fux
Martial law soon ?

I wanna be Law, you can be Eddy

I'll be Gun Jack if no one else minds.
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 23939
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/04 12:53:05 (permalink)
Postman Pat
Worrying portent of what’s to come with climate change etc. Macron tried to make a slightly difficult decision for ecological reasons and people set Paris on fire. We’re doomed.

I think the main jist was that the burden of the fuel tax would have fell on the rural French, who have pretty much no public transport and therefore require cars, whereas the big cities have good public transport and they wouldn't be affected.

All this whilst giving tax cuts to business and cutting public services...
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15484
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/04 12:59:35 (permalink)
Ah ok that makes a little more sense
¯ICE¯
  • Total Posts : 5580
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 10:28:51 (permalink)
Wrong thread
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20808
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 12:03:59 (permalink)
the shitshow continues. everyone, inc no 10's press office, saying vote going ahead. bloomberg doubling down on an inside word that it's cancelled.

no
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7847
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 12:15:05 (permalink)
Pretty sure Thomas the Trench Engine sorted the mess at that Brexit betrayal meeting yesterday.
wiseacre
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 12:29:36 (permalink)
god bless him, carrying the country on his massive shoulders

no
wiseacre
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 13:55:10 (permalink)
whatever happens, the tories are going to be tearing themselves apart for years to come

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/may-brexit-vote-cancelled

no
frizzyd
  • Total Posts : 25248
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 14:08:16 (permalink)
Apparently May is going back to Brussels to try and get more concessions which she hopes will get more of her own party on side and they she'll have another crack at passing this bill in a few weeks.

1. Even if she united her entire party, the maths still don't add up unless she can get the DUP back onside.

2. How can she have any credibility left with the EU and based on her currently attempts at negotiations, what the fuck else is she realistically going to achieve in terms of concessions

3. She said this deal was the only deal available.....

KnuckleHead
  • Total Posts : 16053
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 14:16:20 (permalink)
She’s gonna quit
SW14
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 14:18:44 (permalink)
frizzyd
Apparently May is going back to Brussels to try and get more concessions which she hopes will get more of her own party on side and they she'll have another crack at passing this bill in a few weeks.

1. Even if she united her entire party, the maths still don't add up unless she can get the DUP back onside.

2. How can she have any credibility left with the EU and based on her currently attempts at negotiations, what the fuck else is she realistically going to achieve in terms of concessions

Why would any politician go through this hell when she could simply kick it back to the public?

No deal she produces is going to get through the Commons.
21 21
  • Total Posts : 6647
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 14:20:45 (permalink)
the EU will tell her to fuck off - she can't go back for more concessions, they've said it's the only deal available. the EU can see there is no support for this and we're arguably headed for a change of government (whom they might be willing to try and renegotiate with because I doubt labour will adopt the same bullshit stance as the tories have over this - meaning more amicable discussions) or a People's Vote which has a reasonable chance of bringing about a remain result - which is best for all involved.

i really hope she quits 
SW14
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 14:26:02 (permalink)
Hang on - either this is the only deal available or Corbyn can negotiate a better one?

Which is it to be?
Jimmy2Shoes
  • Total Posts : 6098
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 14:33:19 (permalink)
wiseacre

Is he really that short, or is everyone around him really tall?
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 23159
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 14:37:29 (permalink)
SW14
Hang on - either this is the only deal available or Corbyn can negotiate a better one?

Which is it to be?

This.

She should call Corbyn's bluff and let Labour in on the negotiations, (which is what Labour are asking for) and see what he's got up his sleeve. I suspect nothing

The EU will (and should) laugh in their face though
wiseacre
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 14:43:06 (permalink)
and the item she wants renegotiation on, the backstop, is one of the EU's red lines from day 1 and has been agreed for a year.

"Sorry my MPs won't sign up to the backstop. Please can we change it?"
"Given we agreed it a year ago you might have let us know before now"
"Fine. No deal"
"You don't have the majority for it"
"PLEEEEEEAAAASSSE HELP...."

i reckon corbyn is right in waiting on this one. this particular debacle is entirely of the tories' own making and it's close to tearing them to pieces. another day or two and they'll be eating their own babies.

no
wiseacre
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 14:44:49 (permalink)

no
SW14
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 14:45:51 (permalink)
I actually think it should have been cross-party from the beginning. It would’ve helped unite the country.

Her biggest mistake over this has been her sneaky, unilateral “I know best” handling of it from a lack of updates on negotiations to trying to consistently deny Parliament a say. It has cost her in the end as she’s now tied up in knots internally and externally.

She should have been transparent and open from the outset on what shouldn’t be a partisan issue and she’d have avoided a lot of the rancour.

People having J Corbz down as some crack, masterful negotiator with a full grasp of the nightmarish issues though - the audacity of hope.
21 21
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 14:53:43 (permalink)
SW14

Which is it to be?

personally I think it's the only deal they will give to the tories after the way they've behaved throughout the negotiations. I think corbyn is being truthful when he says they've been in close contact with the EU and have an alternative plan in place should they find themselves in power. I read somewhere that talks with labour had been far more productive and in a manner more fitting of that of an 'ally' and a 'friend' - not the bullish way the tories have gone in and threatened the EU. 
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 23159
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 14:55:22 (permalink)
At this stage Corbyn/Labour are no better than your Rees-Mogg and Boris Johnson's by saying "there is a better deal available, I just can't tell you what it is"
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15484
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 14:59:23 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby 21 21 2018/12/10 15:11:42
The best deal is the one we already have. It’s infuriating.
SW14
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 15:03:17 (permalink)
dazdsb
SW14

Which is it to be?

personally I think it's the only deal they will give to the tories after the way they've behaved throughout the negotiations. I think corbyn is being truthful when he says they've been in close contact with the EU and have an alternative plan in place should they find themselves in power. I read somewhere that talks with labour had been far more productive and in a manner more fitting of that of an 'ally' and a 'friend' - not the bullish way the tories have gone in and threatened the EU. 

I don’t think they care too much about who they’re dealing with. Their main exasperation has been the vagueness of what May actually wants and Corbyn is clearly beset by the same problem.

What do Labour and Corbyn want? They want to manage migration but maintain single market and customs union benefits and it isn’t going to happen. That’s before you even get into the plethora of granular, nightmarish issues which Corbyn seems to have little grasp of. You’ve got some in the shadow cabinet desperate for a second referendum and the leader saying as recently as 3 days ago that he respects the result and wants to move on.

If Corbyn’s Labour are the answer to the Brexit mess then we must be in trouble. That’s assuming the EU would even agree to re-negotiating after these painstaking negotiations.

It has to be an extension of A50 and second referendum now (and NOT the ridiculous idea some of May’s aids are leaking of a referendum with her deal or no deal, which I imagine would be widely boycotted.) There’s no other way to break the deadlock.
SW14
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 15:04:27 (permalink)
Postman Pat
The best deal is the one we already have. It’s infuriating.

Agreed. We have a la carte and we will never get it again. There are big problems with the EU but we are largely insulated from them being outside Schengen and the Eurozone.
21 21
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 15:11:18 (permalink)
SW14
It has to be an extension of A50 and second referendum now (and NOT the ridiculous idea some of May’s aids are leaking of a referendum with her deal or no deal, which I imagine would be widely boycotted.) There’s no other way to break the deadlock.

on this I agree but I also think that the tories have to go. they've shown themselves to be completely inept and have gone rotten from the inside out.
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8983
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 15:41:49 (permalink)
Jimmy2Shoes
wiseacre

Is he really that short, or is everyone around him really tall?

Sir Tommy is a short arse.
#PrayForTommysHeight
#HowTheyRulerYa
frizzyd
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 15:58:57 (permalink)
SW14
frizzyd

Why would any politician go through this hell when she could simply kick it back to the public?

No deal she produces is going to get through the Commons.

Agreed and on a similar vein....

Why would any MP who was staunchly pro-remain, in a party like the Tory's who haven't agreed on Europe in 40 years, then decide to become leader of that party and PM following the referendum result. Should have left that shitstorm in the 'capable' hands of Gove or Boris

I reckon May must be well into some seriously fucked up, painful BDSM shit in the bedroom....

21 21
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 16:00:38 (permalink)
that short-haired scottish lass mm 

maybe one for the women you would but shouldn't actually 
post edited by 21 21 - 2018/12/10 16:04:24
21 21
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 16:05:24 (permalink)
or maybe just shouldn't

frizzyd
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/12/10 16:09:38 (permalink)
She's a dyke BTW
Page: << < ..6162636465.. > >> Showing page 63 of 68
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0