Helpful ReplyHot!To Brexit or not to Brexit?

Page: << < ..4647484950.. > >> Showing page 50 of 53
Author
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20686
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/19 15:55:39 (permalink)
more concern trolling

no
SW14
  • Total Posts : 13357
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/19 16:02:31 (permalink)
wiseacre
more concern trolling

Yes. I didn’t actually vote remain and am in fact a Russian bot.
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8894
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/19 16:57:23 (permalink)
Lilly Allen though.

SW14
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/19 17:26:28 (permalink)
DJModus
SW14
DJModus
SW14
DJModus
SW14
Let me guess, the child of illegal immigrants.

All the more reason for illegal immigrants to go home before such complexities arise.

Fucking lol. Cold blooded. 

So are you in favour of punishing the kid for his parents giving birth to him here? Classy. 

Can you at least see the problem I have with the vans yet? They don't differentiate between people with 'complexities' and people without. 

His illegal parents have already cost the UK taxpayer tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of pounds by giving birth in a country they had no right to be in at all.

I’m not in favour of punishing the child, I’m in favour of stopping other people attempting the same thing being here to begin with.

Schools are overcrowded, housing is overcrowded. Every public service they or their child has used takes from somebody else, possibly actual British citizens. This isn’t a drop in centre for the world’s poor and needy.

The problem is that effective immigration control can never really extend to going back in time and removing people 20-30 years ago. Immigration control back then was much more relaxed, but we're dealing with cases now and it's not fair to punish people today because the governments of decades ago failed to deport their parents. 

Also "his illegal parents" did not cost the taxpayer money because they were allowed to work even without status 20 years ago. They paid tax and paid rent. It's only in the last 3-4 years that any of that family have experienced problems. 

I’m not suggesting that we remove either parent or child. It is now a different scenario and a totally different scale in a globalized world and needs to be treated as such.

Are you telling me that every case you see is a deserving case and there isn’t large scale deception and manipulation of the immigration and asylum system?

Why do you think there is large scale deception and manipulation? That's such a strange default position to take.

It’s quite obvious how widespread it is from looking at even the lowest, most conservative estimates on the scale of illegal migration which numbers into the many hundreds of thousands.

It’s not hateful, it’s a fact.

It’s also this kind of piss taking that has helped turn the public off to all immigration which was a big factor behind the Brexit vote.
post edited by SW14 - 2018/10/19 17:29:08
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8894
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/19 17:29:44 (permalink)
Keir Starmer had bit of a tricky job explaining Labour's position on Brexit on Question Time last night. Was bit awkward to watch. Dimbleby did notably keep cutting him up mind. Pretty obvious Dimbleby is a Brexiter. 
post edited by Stoopid_Fux - 2018/10/19 17:55:45
SW14
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/19 20:51:10 (permalink)
dazdsb
i still can't believe that people can't get their head around the difference between EU migration and illegal immigration from other non-EU countries.

people who have moved here from the EU have statistically added to our society in terms of both money and taking up jobs in crucial areas of employment - they are a positive contribution to our society. 

Figures calculated for the Migration Advisory Committee show that the average adult migrant from the EEA contributes £2,300 more to the UK public purse than the average UK resident.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45565124

I mean - OK, not everybody is 'that clever' but surely after a simple explanation even the most dense of gammon-y people from the poor parts of the UK who worry about immigration could wrap their tiny little noodle brains around the fact that they're trying to send home the 'wrong' migrants ffs. 

You are quite right here.

Between 1995 and 2011, immigrants from outside the EU made a negative contribution of £118 billion over 17 years, the report found, using more publicly-funded services, including the NHS, education and benefits, than they paid in tax.

Quite why successive governments have thought it desirable to waste literally hundreds of billions of pounds on a mass migration project of non-EU nationals is anybody’s guess. This is something they do have control over yet do nothing about, numbers are still rising (for all May’s rhetoric over getting the message on the subject.)

EU migrants do contribute more to the economy than they take out of it but given successive government’s unwillingness to do anything about migration numbers over a prolonged period, they have sadly borne the brunt of an immigration blowback. That’s what happens when people’s concerns are treated with contempt.

Politicians of both stripes who lied through their teeth over many years have a lot to answer for on the Brexit vote.
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15328
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/19 20:54:19 (permalink)
Worth a read, this kinda sums up how I’m starting to feel about it.

https://www.theguardian.c...h-eu-referendum-brexit

Might have to go back to ignoring the news for a while I think.
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 11627
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/19 21:31:46 (permalink)
I think there should be a vote to see if the British public agree with the terms of the Brexit. There doesn't have to be another vote to remain, just one to decide the actual terms of leaving. If the terms aren't favourable to the British public then they can vote against that proposition. Yes we (not me) have voted to leave however we haven't agreed on how we leave. 

Ultimately it's going to be a massive waste of time because there will be no positive terms for the British public... how anyone though otherwise is beyond me... the ignorant being exploited.
SW14
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/20 00:59:52 (permalink)
Contrast Emmanuel Macron’s hostile attitude with Theresa May’s stated intention to allow EU citizens already working and living in the UK the right to remain. The head of the EU has banned member states from talking to the UK about their contingency plans in the event of a no-deal Brexit, and Macron is patently sticking to the new directives. The UK is like a naughty pupil being punished in new ways every single week, as we inch painstakingly towards some sort of EU exit. I voted Remain, but this snotty treatment from the country on the other side of the Channel has got my blood boiling. Enough is enough!

Who knew I’d agree with Janet Street Porter. Clearly another concern troll.
post edited by SW14 - 2018/10/20 01:09:35
wiseacre
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/29 08:58:20 (permalink)
Goodone, can you rail against the neo liberal order please. Especially the one hell bent on fucking us post brexit.

https://mobile.twitter.co...us/1056490686638383104

no
SW14
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/29 14:58:22 (permalink)
LOL. Phillip Hammond to introduce a commemorative Brexit 50p coin. If this guy wasn’t so boring, I’d say he was trolling.

“Friendship to all nations” it says.
Eazyflow
  • Total Posts : 3384
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/29 19:25:08 (permalink)
SW14
LOL. Phillip Hammond to introduce a commemorative Brexit 50p coin. If this guy wasn’t so boring, I’d say he was trolling.

“Friendship to all nations” it says.

Had to laugh at a Newsthump post I saw earlier that said it was already only worth 20p.
post edited by Eazyflow - 2018/10/29 19:26:16

OLD SKOOL FOR SALE:

"If you don't know the roots from the trunk of the tree, you won't know the branches or what the fruit will b
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18684
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/29 20:30:22 (permalink)
wiseacre
Goodone, can you rail against the neo liberal order please. Especially the one hell bent on fucking us post brexit.

When is protectionism a good thing? Do we have fair, sensible and consistent rules around how it's used?

wiseacre
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/31 10:46:39 (permalink)
SW14 was bleating something about the French going back on UK nationals' status post brexit. when in fact they are doing more than our own government in planning for a hard brexit.

"For those who keep insisting France is trying to punish the UK, here's a translation I made of French government's draft bill to mitigate the chaos of a hard Brexit. If you find this vindictive or punishing then I can't help you."

https://twitter.com/kimwillsher1/status/1057256017266966529

darkmatter
wiseacre

When is protectionism a good thing? Do we have fair, sensible and consistent rules around how it's used?

i know you like to be deliberately obtuse, but there is a clear difference between ensuring your own industry doesn't go up the wazoo and willfully sabotaging it as part of some batshit ideologue's brainwrongs.

no
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15328
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/31 11:21:19 (permalink)
Osbourne holding his hands up and admitting that the tories fucked it with their rhetoric on immigration and the ridiculous targets they set, and then fucked it even further by barely even attempting to present the positive case for immigration in the referendum campaign.

Nice one George 

I imagine that immigration levels will be more or less exactly the same in 10 years time as they are today, assuming everyone doesn't jump ship as our economy sinks into the sea.
S8
  • Total Posts : 19814
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/31 11:33:37 (permalink)
wiseacre
SW14 was bleating something about the French going back on UK nationals' status post brexit. when in fact they are doing more than our own government in planning for a hard brexit.

"For those who keep insisting France is trying to punish the UK, here's a translation I made of French government's draft bill to mitigate the chaos of a hard Brexit. If you find this vindictive or punishing then I can't help you."

https://twitter.com/kimwillsher1/status/1057256017266966529

darkmatter
wiseacre

i know you like to be deliberately obtuse, but there is a clear difference between ensuring your own industry doesn't go up the wazoo and willfully sabotaging it as part of some batshit ideologue's brainwrongs.

Agreed, sabotaging an industry that employs close to 900k people directly is bonkers. Why would you not protect an industry that is key to the economy and a sector we are quite good at? What do those people then go and do? How are the skills employed elsewhere?
wiseacre
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/31 11:52:30 (permalink)
they don't care. or believe the free market will magically sort it out which is essentially still not caring, basically abdicating all responsibility.

that's the true face of neoliberalism.

no
S8
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/10/31 12:04:18 (permalink)
Fail to plan, plan to fail. 
SW14
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/11/02 10:28:57 (permalink)
Postman Pat
Osbourne holding his hands up and admitting that the tories fucked it with their rhetoric on immigration and the ridiculous targets they set, and then fucked it even further by barely even attempting to present the positive case for immigration in the referendum campaign.

Nice one George 

I imagine that immigration levels will be more or less exactly the same in 10 years time as they are today, assuming everyone doesn't jump ship as our economy sinks into the sea.

The productive EU migrants got the backlash for the billions that non-EU migrants cos this country every year and all the attendant strain on housing, public services, infrastructure etc. Labour and the Conservatives had every chance to hear the mood music and either lied or carried on as usual. We can control non-EU migrants yet still take hundreds of thousands against the wishes of most people and at expense to ourselves.

Is Brexit heading to a Norway model? Bit out of the loop. I’d be reasonably happy with that.
wiseacre
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/11/08 14:54:08 (permalink)
utterly inept

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/dominc-raab-i-had-not-quite-understood-importance-of-dover-calais-crossing-1-5769678

Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab meanwhile was speaking at a tech event last night where he confirmed the choice of goods available to buy in the shops will be hit unless we maintain frictionless trade at the French border. “I hadn’t quite understood the full extent of this,” Raab admitted, “but if you look at the U.K. and look at how we trade in goods, we are particularly reliant on the Dover-Calais crossing. And that is one of the reasons why we have wanted to make sure we have a specific and very proximate relationship with the EU, to ensure frictionless trade at the border. I don’t think it is a question so much of the risk of major shortages, but I think probably the average consumer might not be aware of the full extent to which the choice of goods that we have in the stores are dependent on one or two very specific trade routes.” 

jesus fucking christ, we're fucked

no
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 11627
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/11/08 15:14:38 (permalink)
Fucking inept.

I'm surprised they don't just say something along the lines of "oppsadiddly" every time they realised they've fucked everything up astronomically.
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18684
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/11/08 18:45:06 (permalink)
With the Raab thing - to be fair having a complete and comprehensive understanding of all cross-border trade is a big ask. I don't know enough about this one to know whether it's ineptitude or refreshing honesty or a bit of both.

KnuckleHead
  • Total Posts : 15885
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/11/08 19:09:02 (permalink)
darkmatter
I don't know enough about this one to know whether it's ineptitude or refreshing honesty or a bit of both.

It’s worrying :(
SW14
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/11/08 19:19:21 (permalink)
Raab is a cunt. Know this from someone who has had personal dealings with him as a constituency MP.

Cunt and a grass.
wiseacre
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/11/08 19:29:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby 21 21 2018/11/09 13:17:53
darkmatter
With the Raab thing - to be fair having a complete and comprehensive understanding of all cross-border trade is a big ask. I don't know enough about this one to know whether it's ineptitude or refreshing honesty or a bit of both.

It's a fairly basic fact about UK trade

no
SmokedEggs
  • Total Posts : 2728
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/11/08 19:37:00 (permalink)
wiseacre
darkmatter

It's a fairly basic fact about UK trade

Just ask geordie and frizzy d
S8
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/11/08 21:04:01 (permalink)
The french have been quietly panicking about it all year; they have bought a tonne of land and started to plan for extra customs buildings.
wiseacre
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/11/08 21:09:48 (permalink)
Panicking or sensible planning in the face of British incompetence?

no
S8
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/11/08 21:11:34 (permalink)
Quietly panicking sounds a lot better than calmly planning imo. Planning is boring, shitting yourself and building a loads of warehouses is a far better way tbh.

KnuckleHead
  • Total Posts : 15885
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2018/11/08 21:12:31 (permalink)
David Davis was on radio today, he said there may be ‘some hiccups in the first year’ of a no deal.
And he meant it in the good way, like that’s nothing to worry about.
So that really put me at ease tbh
Hiccups
Page: << < ..4647484950.. > >> Showing page 50 of 53
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0