Helpful ReplyHot!To Brexit or not to Brexit?

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 7
Author
frizzyd
  • Total Posts : 24742
2016/02/09 17:19:21 (permalink)

To Brexit or not to Brexit?

As I am sure this will be debated to fuck over the next few months, what are people thinking?
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 19366
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 17:22:41 (permalink)
i'd be tempted to leave the country if we leave the EU

no
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 9817
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 17:23:52 (permalink)
Thought this was about ready brek
dotarr
  • Total Posts : 4834
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 17:39:53 (permalink)
wiseacre

This. Worth noting that if you've got Irish grandparents you can get an Irish passport/citizenship easily enough. I think you might have to stump up a grand though.
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 21526
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 17:52:34 (permalink)
I don't have very strong views either way. I think there are pros and cons for both situations, I just think now we're in, we may as well stay there and save the complexities and complications of a withdrawal. I also think the climate change issue will only be addressed from an EU collaboration. Cameron and Co don't give a flying fuck about stuff like that.
MellowHype
  • Total Posts : 5597
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 17:52:38 (permalink)
Pathetic really. Most people just want to leave because of all those non English people that come here, speaking funny languages on the train.
Dog Borstal
  • Total Posts : 4289
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 17:59:16 (permalink)
I'd say leave.
Mind you there's such a high percentage of people living here who were born in other countries I think the vote will be to stay in. The EU will only work properly with a central government and bank like in the states-and the same value currency throughout. Otherwise we just continue being arse raped paying billions to unelected tossers who tell us what to do,and propping up poorer countries IMHO.
dimdum
  • Total Posts : 16385
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 19:02:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Duderonomy 2016/02/09 21:38:57
A stupid issue designed to divert talk on more pressing matters that the tories would rather avoid. Leaving the EU was never going to happen. A classic reptilian move
gutlessrhyme
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 20:06:59 (permalink)
I can't help but think there are more pressing issues to address, but already the politicians and media are stirring it up like it's life or death. I bet we've got months of this.
Dog Borstal
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 20:12:22 (permalink)
dimdum
A stupid issue designed to divert talk on more pressing matters that the tories would rather avoid. Leaving the EU was never going to happen. A classic reptilian move

I reckon you're right. Questions like why are we still pressed by cuts upon cuts while we give millions to countries like India,a nuclear power,or spend billions on pet projects like HS2 and Christ knows what else. And taking part in a pointless war in Syria. Letting Russia aid Assad in indiscriminate bombing of civilians.
frizzyd
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 20:15:00 (permalink)
wiseacre

As a Pole, surely you'll be deported anyway?
NaziWarlord
  • Total Posts : 108
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 20:32:32 (permalink)
Do not leave the EU. That is my opinion on this matter. Ok.
wiseacre
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 20:51:17 (permalink)
frizzyd
wiseacre

I'm not Polish.

no
Dog Borstal
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 20:52:40 (permalink)
NaziWarlord
Do not leave the EU. That is my opinion on this matter. Ok.

frizzyd
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 21:32:15 (permalink)
wiseacre
frizzyd
wiseacre

I'm not Polish.

Of course you are!
edmc
  • Total Posts : 10374
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 21:34:42 (permalink)
Stay.

EU isn't perfect but if you think the country is fucked now, prepare for 15-20 years readjustment after a Brexit.

Yes there's a lot to hate about the EU but in leaving two wrongs don't make a right.

No one wants out for the right reasons just nationalism of the worst kind.

Jimmy2Shoes
  • Total Posts : 5869
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 21:40:04 (permalink)
frizzyd
wiseacre
frizzyd
wiseacre

I'm not Polish.

Of course you are!

He is Ankles cousin
Duderonomy
  • Total Posts : 3081
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/09 21:43:20 (permalink)

Brexit probably means a step closer to America. American health costs, American social services, American attitudes towards human rights. Not looking forward to any of that. Working in Europe will be a headfuck too.
Mulla
  • Total Posts : 4592
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/10 12:44:20 (permalink)
Leaning towards leaving, but tbh I'm not particularly educated on the pros and cons so will have to do a lot more research before making my mind up.

MellowHype
Pathetic really. Most people just want to leave because of all those non English people that come here, speaking funny languages on the train.

Bit of a lazy generalisation there (shocking for this forum, I know). There's plenty of people on the left who are pushing for us to leave. Owen Jones and several other left-leaning journalists are against the EU.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/06/john-king-left-wing-case-leaving-eu  
(the byline on this one seems particularly appropriate for you)

And I know it's only anecdotal, but the most vocal supporters of a Brexit that I know are mainly lefties, as they traditionally believe in democracy and the EU isn't particularly democratic.
post edited by Mulla - 2016/02/10 12:45:34
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18038
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/10 14:01:43 (permalink)
I don't love the EU as it is currently. I'm not convinced that single currency / ECB as lender of last resort / QE provider is the way to go. I don't think it's democratic enough. Concerned about TTIP. But I have no faith that the alternative with us outside of the EU would be any better unfortunately.

What really worries me though is that if we leave the EU, we might have a migrant camp in Dover. I'm not anywhere near Dover but I hate the idea that there might be a swarm of migrants on our soil so for that reason I'm anti Brexit.

gutlessrhyme
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/10 14:06:12 (permalink)
darkmatter
swarm of migrants

You'll get yourself in to trouble using this term
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18038
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/10 14:21:21 (permalink)
my bad, infestation

wiseacre
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/10 14:48:49 (permalink)
PLAGUE

no
Cherno Samba
  • Total Posts : 2492
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/10 17:08:21 (permalink)
Stop being Remainians!!!
Dog Borstal
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/10 17:16:49 (permalink)
"What really worries me though is that if we leave the EU, we might have a migrant camp in Dover"
WTFF??
Geordie007
  • Total Posts : 19661
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/10 18:06:14 (permalink)
Dog Borstal
"What really worries me though is that if we leave the EU, we might have a migrant camp in Dover"
WTFF??

Don't worry,its dover they've been there and at kentish costal towns since the 90s.
Plus not sure if you get his sarcasm
Geordie007
  • Total Posts : 19661
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/10 18:36:21 (permalink)
Mulla
Leaning towards leaving, but tbh I'm not particularly educated on the pros and cons so will have to do a lot more research before making my mind up.

MellowHype

Bit of a lazy generalisation there (shocking for this forum, I know). There's plenty of people on the left who are pushing for us to leave. Owen Jones and several other left-leaning journalists are against the EU.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/06/john-king-left-wing-case-leaving-eu  
(the byline on this one seems particularly appropriate for you)

And I know it's only anecdotal, but the most vocal supporters of a Brexit that I know are mainly lefties, as they traditionally believe in democracy and the EU isn't particularly democratic.

Very good points mulla and better reasoning than some silly soundbites some have posted. And lets not forget that The Leader(insert Simpsons pic here) has voted against Europe every single time the issue has come up.

And figures out show we are becoming less reliant on trade with our European partners of late than we were and we may actually increase that gap too.

I'm still unsure about it but funnelling billions into an unaccountable government outside our own doesn't make sense.
dotarr
  • Total Posts : 4834
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/10 19:19:16 (permalink)
Britain would unlikely secure a better trade deal outside of ttip, for citizens anyway, and even that's shit. Plus we'd still have to adhere to Europe's rules to trade with them, we'd just have no say at all.

That new statement article claims that it was daft of the parties rallying for independence in the Scottish referendum to want independence but stay in the EU but misses the point that both help in preventing some of the pernicious politics of the cunts down south.
Rudeboysy
  • Total Posts : 2653
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/10 21:43:23 (permalink)
simon.r
wiseacre

This. Worth noting that if you've got Irish grandparents you can get an Irish passport/citizenship easily enough. I think you might have to stump up a grand though.

I got one last year. Cost £80
Dog Borstal
Re: To Brexit or not to Brexit? 2016/02/11 07:59:43 (permalink)
geordie007
Dog Borstal
WTFF??

Don't worry,its dover they've been there and at kentish costal towns since the 90s.
Plus not sure if you get his sarcasm

It's my age I'm a bit slow on the uptake.
Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 7
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0