AnsweredHot!Politics Thread

Page: << < ..691692693694695 Showing page 695 of 695
Author
SmokedEggs
  • Total Posts : 2741
Re: General Election 2015 2018/12/07 09:36:05 (permalink)
dazdsb
SmokedEggs
LHC
My preferred option would be no referendum, no Brexit, with all of the subsequently rioting trogs sent indefinitely to concentration camps.

Brexit voters to be exchanged for Polish immigrants

I employed some polish ppl a few years back and they worked super fucking hard, took no time off and were super decent people to boot. 

the country would be fixed and sorted in no time tbh.

They work like ants and drink like champions
KnuckleHead
  • Total Posts : 16060
Re: General Election 2015 2018/12/07 10:01:44 (permalink)
When the PM’s own party don’t even support her vision of brexit, she lost 3 votes in a day and then was found in contempt of parliament for the first time ever. Apart from that it’s been strong and stable on the whole
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 23940
Re: General Election 2015 2018/12/07 12:42:30 (permalink)

Tory MP suggests using possible 'no-deal' food shortages in Ireland to drop the backstop

https://www.thejournal.ie...0PAtsFNYuKrH2gaIYoUaqo

Can't see any historical reason why the Irish might have a problem with us threatening them with food shortages.
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15497
Re: General Election 2015 2018/12/07 13:15:12 (permalink)
darkmatter
Postman Pat
darkmatter

A "People's Vote" guarantees that the options are limited to "remain" or "drop out on WTO", and Labour's entire strategy banks on people not realising this.

It can't possibly happen on those terms as it'd be hugely irresponsible to risk a no deal like that. If it does happen it has to be either take a deal or remain.

So what you're saying is a people's vote guarantees we stay in, so there's no point in it, may as well just say "we want to remain". I agree.

Nope. I’m saying it should be either leave with a deal or remain.

No deal is beyond irresponsible, and any notion that it was ever a realistic option should be put to bed now. Originally all the chat of no deal was supposed to be about pressuring the EU to give us a great deal. Now that the EU have basically played us off the pitch in negotiations there’s little point even mentioning it anymore.
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 23164
Re: General Election 2015 2018/12/07 16:21:15 (permalink)
Brave Sir Tommy McTrench

Revealed: the hidden global network behind Tommy Robinson

https://www.theguardian.c...l-support-brexit-march
SW14
  • Total Posts : 13692
Re: General Election 2015 2018/12/08 02:41:50 (permalink)
British Muslims are “enemy combatants who want to kill you, maim you and destroy you”

Gutter journalism that. He said there were enemy combatants around Dewsbery Mosque. He never said “British Muslims”. He was talking about this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/feb/25/small-part-of-manchester-that-has-been-home-to-16-jihadis

This is an example of where I fully support him - he went there and challenged them on the sick, hateful speakers they hosted and the effect these Islamofascist rabble rousers calling for jihad might have had on Abedi. Well done him for going and challenging them.

Not one undercover report from our press, the government of course did nothing - crack on! A Wahhabist mosque calling for jihad that spawned a mass child murderer deserved a bit more attention as far as I’m concerned.

There was enough evidence to shut the place down and it wouldn’t have been missed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/manchester-attack-bombing-salman-abedi-didsbury-mosque-sermon-jihad-syria-prayers-a8495696.html%3famp
post edited by SW14 - 2018/12/08 02:57:45
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18744
Re: General Election 2015 2018/12/08 08:14:37 (permalink)
Postman Pat

Why would the EU offer any kind of even semi-decent deal if they know we're about to have a people's vote where a "leave" option has been removed from the ballot? They wouldn't. I don't know why this isn't blindingly obvious.

So the only thing the vote achieves is to incentivise the EU to make the proposal look utterly unpalatable. Then they get what they want, remainers get what they want, and democracy is ignored in yet another EU vote. Thus proving the "not democratic" claims that leavers were making.

It doesn't extinguish the debate, and neither does it fulfil the "let's vote when we actually know the facts" logic of the sheep and the fence sitters.

SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/12/08 12:30:55 (permalink)
darkmatter
Postman Pat

Why would the EU offer any kind of even semi-decent deal if they know we're about to have a people's vote where a "leave" option has been removed from the ballot? They wouldn't. I don't know why this isn't blindingly obvious.

So the only thing the vote achieves is to incentivise the EU to make the proposal look utterly unpalatable. Then they get what they want, remainers get what they want, and democracy is ignored in yet another EU vote. Thus proving the "not democratic" claims that leavers were making.

It doesn't extinguish the debate, and neither does it fulfil the "let's vote when we actually know the facts" logic of the sheep and the fence sitters.

Wouldn’t it simply be another expression of democracy, this time furnished with more facts on the full reality of the situation?

The deal has already been agreed on the basis of there not being a second referendum. It won’t change anything substantive.
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18744
Re: General Election 2015 2018/12/08 14:11:23 (permalink)
I think the current proposal is an exit deal rather than "the deal", and that we and the EU will tailor the actual terms at a later stage.

Therefore "the facts" are dependent on whether or not there will be a vote, because if they know there's going to be a vote the EU can simply make the agreement look unfavourable in order to ensure people vote against it.

So we can't simply see it as an opportunity to vote on the facts, because the facts will change due to us having a vote.

They're like Schrödinger's facts, you can't know what they are until you open the box, and once you've opened the box there's not much room for going back.

21 21
  • Total Posts : 6648
Re: General Election 2015 2018/12/08 20:27:54 (permalink)

SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/12/08 20:36:30 (permalink)
Zzzzzzzzz
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 23164
Re: General Election 2015 2018/12/08 21:12:40 (permalink)
darkmatter

Why would the EU offer any kind of even semi-decent deal when we've already got one?

Fixed
Test Recordings
  • Total Posts : 714
Re: General Election 2015 2018/12/09 06:19:08 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
darkmatter

Why would the EU offer any kind of even semi-decent deal when we've already got one?

Fixed

That's what the French said right at the start lol

Full access to the market, hosting EU institutions bringing the world's best scientists and other thinkers in, opt outs on most policies, full fucking vetoes on multiple areas of policy, not in the euro and no obligation to join it... no wonder Putin and Xi Jinping laughed when they heard the result.

we were No.3 out of 27 in the bloc and pretty much No.2 because France just follows Germany around
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 11714
Re: General Election 2015 2018/12/09 08:00:27 (permalink)
Page: << < ..691692693694695 Showing page 695 of 695
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0