AnsweredHot!Politics Thread

Page: << < ..661662663664665.. > >> Showing page 665 of 670
Author
Aunty West
  • Total Posts : 20686
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/25 19:12:40 (permalink)
darkmatter
The Guardian being all hard left by pointing out how the hard left are a bunch of bannonite racists. Saux hard lepht: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/25/europe-labour-left-alt-right-corbynites-steve-bannon

just lol at that whole story. calling folk racist cos they oppose the idea of a unified europe is one of the main reasons people voted leave. couldnt make it up said some cunt some day
Aunty West
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/25 19:34:45 (permalink)
I was listening to some women the other day applauding the good folk of liverpool for standing up to thatcher and all that which was great but at no point did i hear her condemn the liverpool council nor Joe Anderson for the inteoduction of trains which will not need a guard on the whole merseyrail network which will put hundres put of work which is basically a Thatcher policy . And people lapped it up too. If i was the sun id say 'you couldnt make it up' but im not so there.
Elbow Thermometer
  • Total Posts : 3106
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/25 19:59:58 (permalink)
Test Recordings
Goodone
SW14
The Guardian isn’t far left. It’s Islington coffee table left with a healthy side portion of banal identity politics.

The far left are too inept to run a comrade funded publication of any note. That whole hating capitalism thing doesn’t pay the bills.

The left lost the economic argument in the 60s... they are still alive and well though just rebranded... instead of being champions of the working class (who they now despise) they direct their faux compassion at minorities, it's still the same shit just with a different ribbon on

I don't think the left 'lost the economic argument in the 60s', I think it's more like the right got better at convincing people.

I like Another Angry Voice because the writer gives a decent overview of topics. Here's a helpful chart for you to see a comparison between the two eras you're talking about...

https://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.com/search?q=mixed+economy

I think the left comes off looking rather good, don't you?

AAV does have an agenda, one that I’m occasionally partial to, but there is at least some massaging going on there. Writing off the OPEC fuel strike and national unrest in the 1970s as ‘relatively minor’ is hugely selling the era short.
You also have to look at the context of manufacturing, which was on a severe nationwide decline. A prime example is the combined force of militant left workforces, inept management, poor-quality products compared to imports built by self-entitled workers - British Leyland/Rover.
The end to that story in the 2000s should have also served of the dangers of neoliberalism but what makes it stick is that once you’ve opened the door to the apsiration nation, nobody’s going to think of the common good if they can get a sikk S-line on PCP etc.

Even if you’re not into cars at all, rise and fall of British Leyland/Rover/MG Cars is fascinating from a political, cultural and sheer WTF point of view.

If you didn’t have a dispair at every facet of society, you will afterwards...
post edited by MrSlickle - 2018/09/25 20:02:10
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20582
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/25 20:00:40 (permalink)
DO YOU WORK ON THE TRAINS GEORDIE?

no
Aunty West
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/25 22:05:15 (permalink)
wiseacre
DO YOU WORK ON THE TRAINS GEORDIE?

NO I DONT BUT WAS I WRONG WISEACRE? AND IF SO THEN POINT OUT TO ME WHERE THE LIVERPOOL COUNCIL WHO RUN MERSEYTRAVEL AND THUS MERSEYRAIL HAVE NOT DONE EXACTLY WHAT I SAID?
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 23819
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/27 07:00:30 (permalink)
Very slick campaign vid from Labour, precisely the kind of thing that is needed...

S8
  • Total Posts : 19717
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/27 08:39:00 (permalink)
MrSlickle
Test Recordings
Goodone
SW14
The Guardian isn’t far left. It’s Islington coffee table left with a healthy side portion of banal identity politics.

The far left are too inept to run a comrade funded publication of any note. That whole hating capitalism thing doesn’t pay the bills.

The left lost the economic argument in the 60s... they are still alive and well though just rebranded... instead of being champions of the working class (who they now despise) they direct their faux compassion at minorities, it's still the same shit just with a different ribbon on

I don't think the left 'lost the economic argument in the 60s', I think it's more like the right got better at convincing people.

I like Another Angry Voice because the writer gives a decent overview of topics. Here's a helpful chart for you to see a comparison between the two eras you're talking about...

https://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.com/search?q=mixed+economy

I think the left comes off looking rather good, don't you?

AAV does have an agenda, one that I’m occasionally partial to, but there is at least some massaging going on there. Writing off the OPEC fuel strike and national unrest in the 1970s as ‘relatively minor’ is hugely selling the era short.
You also have to look at the context of manufacturing, which was on a severe nationwide decline. A prime example is the combined force of militant left workforces, inept management, poor-quality products compared to imports built by self-entitled workers - British Leyland/Rover.
The end to that story in the 2000s should have also served of the dangers of neoliberalism but what makes it stick is that once you’ve opened the door to the apsiration nation, nobody’s going to think of the common good if they can get a sikk S-line on PCP etc.

Even if you’re not into cars at all, rise and fall of British Leyland/Rover/MG Cars is fascinating from a political, cultural and sheer WTF point of view.

If you didn’t have a dispair at every facet of society, you will afterwards...

AAV, every now and then, make some good points. They don't half force it down your throat though and it does come across as holier than thou on many occasions.

The story behind Rover is bonkers; the same can be said for our Aviation industry after WW2. The point on manufacturing in the 70s is a good one, you only have to look at companies like the British Ever Ready to understand why it all went to shit through lack of investment in new products and the reliance on old technology, the allowance of predatory take overs in the 80s to the eventual demise and closures in the 90s. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/assault-and-battery-the-fall-of-the-ever-ready-empire-a-classic-tale-of-british-decline-by-david-1494225.html

As a country we like to herald ourselves as a centre of manufacturing excellence, and we do very well in certain areas (Jet Engines, F1, Automotive etc). But we have a history of being terrible at managing and developing it.
SW14
  • Total Posts : 13086
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/27 11:34:00 (permalink)
Anyone heard of bellingcat before?

Quite an extensive investigation into the GRU background of the Skripal spire admirers https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2018/09/26/skripal-suspect-boshirov-identified-gru-colonel-anatoliy-chepiga/
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 12957
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/27 11:52:45 (permalink)
Yes, Bellingcat is a slick outfit. I thought I originally found them through here and one of your posts tbh. 

Military geek/journalists. When I was looking at their "about us" section last night I was quite alarmed to see how up front they are about their identity, on Radio 4 today a man from Bellingcat with a Slavic accent had taken the precaution of commenting anonymously

SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/27 11:58:16 (permalink)
Wonder if they’re an MI6 cut out.

Strange for Gavin Williamson to draw attention to that article.
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/27 12:00:10 (permalink)
SW14
Wonder if they’re an MI6 cut out.

Strange for Gavin Williamson to draw attention to that article.

Wouldn't have thought so. They seem like proper trainspotters. Highly respected amongst journalists

Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8791
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/27 12:05:36 (permalink)
So are Russia now just not very good at assassinations and espionage or are they trolling the UK ?
post edited by Stoopid_Fux - 2018/09/27 12:09:22
SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/27 12:46:31 (permalink)
Bungled operation. Doesn’t do Russia any favours at all, the US have come down on them like a ton of bricks with new sanctions. The rouble has crashed even further, Russia has lost credibility in front of the world and after all that, they didn’t even kill him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/567119/
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 23123
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/27 13:03:23 (permalink)
Stoopid_Fux
So are Russia now just not very good at assassinations and espionage or are they trolling the UK ?

Quite possibly a bit of both.

Putin is sending a message to anyone with the potential to cross him, that he will have you killed - wherever you are in the world. But in order to avoid blanket sanctions and the Russian populous blaming the resulting economic effect on him, he will continue to publicly deny it.

As for the whole Spetsnaz guys pretending to be Cathedral tourists and getting fingered by the authorities, they've either been a bit sloppy, or they're just so confident that they're untouchable that they can just put together a 2-bob excuse and stick 2 fingers up to the rest of the world.
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 23123
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/27 13:03:23 (permalink)
Whagwan
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/27 13:57:10 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby S8 2018/09/27 14:35:16
In his Standard interview, (Brandon) Lewis... revealed that, at the conference starting this weekend, the party will unveil an interactive conference app which will allow people to provide feedback during cabinet minister’s speeches.

From the people that brought you the Matt Hancock app, the Tory social media game is fire as usual.  What could possibly go wrong?

(Yes I know Coburn is UKIP)
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/27 14:16:20 (permalink)
Tee hee liked that.

What is it about UKIP twats and the love of that look?

S8
Re: General Election 2015 2018/09/27 14:35:56 (permalink)
That's funny.
Whagwan
Re: General Election 2015 2018/10/02 06:54:15 (permalink)
The Tories are so bereft of ideas and inspiration it's hilarious. Zombie party propped by by billionaire tax dodgers and the dead.
post edited by Whagwan - 2018/10/02 08:25:10
Goodone
  • Total Posts : 5464
Re: General Election 2015 2018/10/02 08:09:12 (permalink)
Sajid Javid's new initiative to tackle violent crime - crack down on middle class drug users... so not tackle the poverty and gang culture and the actual causes of violent crime!? Is it now ok to use the phrase - PC gone mad?
SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/10/02 08:12:31 (permalink)
Goodone
Sajid Javid's new initiative to tackle violent crime - crack down on middle class drug users... so not tackle the poverty and gang culture and the actual causes of violent crime!? Is it now ok to use the phrase - PC gone mad?

What a load of rot. That war on drugs thing has gone so well.
wiseacre
Re: General Election 2015 2018/10/02 08:45:41 (permalink)
actual barrier to opportunity erected outside the conference

no
S8
Re: General Election 2015 2018/10/02 09:06:51 (permalink)
Goodone

Madness. But then again, why highlight their social failings when they could blame something else?
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 15207
Re: General Election 2015 2018/10/02 09:20:20 (permalink)
May announcing this morning that the new immigration controls will curb unskilled workers to free up the fruit picking, service industry and care home jobs, whilst still encouraging high skilled workers to come here.

Not very aspirational for the people of this country is it. Should we not be focusing on training British people up to do good jobs whilst inviting grateful hardworking people in from abroad to do the all shit work that nobody wants?

Know your place proles.

First casualty of brexit is gonna be car washes, no British person will wanna do that shit.

Also fml for posting in this thread again.
wiseacre
Re: General Election 2015 2018/10/02 09:30:51 (permalink)
prepare for costs of fruit, service industry and care homes to rocket whilst delivering a shitter service

no
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 96178
Re: General Election 2015 2018/10/02 11:11:53 (permalink)
Goodone

Thought it was a daily mash link when I saw that today. What a twat.
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: General Election 2015 2018/10/02 11:54:25 (permalink)
Postman Pat
May announcing this morning that the new immigration controls will curb unskilled workers to free up the fruit picking, service industry and care home jobs, whilst still encouraging high skilled workers to come here.

Not very aspirational for the people of this country is it. Should we not be focusing on training British people up to do good jobs whilst inviting grateful hardworking people in from abroad to do the all shit work that nobody wants?

Know your place proles.

First casualty of brexit is gonna be car washes, no British person will wanna do that shit.

Also fml for posting in this thread again.

We have nigh on 100% employment in this ere country. We are cruising for a massive problem with a lack of decent low skilled workers. 

Whagwan
Re: General Election 2015 2018/10/02 13:11:57 (permalink)
It's not though, unemployment is about 3 times the Government figure according to the ONS. 

SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/10/02 13:29:03 (permalink)
Very Trumpian of you.

Trump repeatedly claimed during the campaign that the federal government was understating the real unemployment rate.

"Don't believe these phony numbers," Trump told supporters early last year. "The number is probably 28, 29, as high as 35 [percent]. In fact, I even heard recently 42 percent."

Can you show this statistical discrepancy? The government uses ONS statistics.
Whagwan
Page: << < ..661662663664665.. > >> Showing page 665 of 670
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0