AnsweredHot!Politics Thread

Page: << < ..646647648649650.. > >> Showing page 646 of 651
Author
Test Recordings
  • Total Posts : 647
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 02:08:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Goodone 2018/08/11 08:10:12
djlobes
@Jaro.... The rest of the wiki you posted kinda backs up that IQ heritability is still very dependent on environmental factors.

LOTS OF FUCKING DATA

tl:dr.... genetics is fucking complicated, particularly when you start adding epigenetics into the mix. It's pretty hard to draw reliable conclusions across the board.

That's the way to do it. It's a pity so much science is locked behind paywalls because it deprives the public who pay for it of the evidence out there. I really back the open access movement where everything is available online with all the data sets too so anyone can have a look. I wish the government would fucking get on it too because it's like funding libraries and schools to make knowledge accessible to people
SW14
  • Total Posts : 12799
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 09:29:32 (permalink)
Unless your name is Polly Toynbee or Ramona Ali and you suggest setting up the “burqa post”. Then it’s all just good fun and you carry on writing Guardian articles! Hooray!
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 23681
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 09:44:33 (permalink)
Newsflash, Polly Toynbee is a bellend.
Goodone
  • Total Posts : 5377
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 10:08:38 (permalink)
Surprisingly good vid about the unethical tactics used by the main stream media to push their narratives over the truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7LT08DQXvs
SW14
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 10:18:22 (permalink)
Whagwan
Newsflash, Polly Toynbee is a bellend.

So is Boris. Bellends are allowed to say things too, even some slightly controversial things, without being hounded from their jobs by PC shriekers. 
Goodone
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 10:29:06 (permalink)
Boris is just exploiting a failing society for his own ends... don't hate the player hate the game imo
Eazyflow
  • Total Posts : 3353
Re: General Election 2015 2018/08/11 10:37:48 (permalink)
SW14
Goodone
This is pretty bang on tbf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf8uYue1vtk

Superb. A throwback to when the left wanted to discuss ideas and believed in diversity of thought instead of labels and identity politics.

Of course you would never resort to labels like "SJW" or "virtue signaller", would you?

FWIW, I agree with the Pie bid.

OLD SKOOL FOR SALE:

"If you don't know the roots from the trunk of the tree, you won't know the branches or what the fruit will b
SW14
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 10:55:49 (permalink)
Goodone
Boris is just exploiting a failing society for his own ends... don't hate the player hate the game imo

It’s a nice distraction from more important issues, that’s for sure.

His opponents however have given him EXACTLY what they want because they just can’t help themselves. Only the most hysterical find these comments offensive.

Let’s be honest, that’s exactly what they DO look like. It’s absurd medieval attire. They have a right to wear them and I have a right to say they look ridiculous. That’s a free country - enjoy it.
Goodone
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 11:38:30 (permalink)
Yeah it's a sad state of affairs there is so much currency is in outrage these days... we are literally regressing back to medieval mob mentality
Whagwan
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 11:42:14 (permalink)
It's just a wierd willful ignorance of context.

Yes you should be allowed to take the piss out of peoples clothes, but Boris was doing this to stir up shit with a dog whistle, just a week after meeting Bannon

Dave's already tried to debate you in a much more reasonable way than I could manage on this one so meh.
SW14
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 12:13:06 (permalink)
Most people would like to see these things banned. I’m not one of them, but they are awful things.

I’d suggest walking around blocking off every avenue we usually use to communicate is stirring shit up. It makes people uncomfortable. Britain has an awkward relationship with religious extremism.

People are very tolerant to a point. These are extreme clothes representing an extreme ideology.

I very much doubt this had anything to do with leftie bogeyman and dark master Steve Bannon.
Johnny Quest
  • Total Posts : 9247
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 12:39:32 (permalink)
Nice to see you guys have made 0 progress since I last looked in.

On a more interesting note...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/saudi-arabian-group-apologizes-for-posting-image-appearing-to-threaten-canada-with-9-11-style-attack-1.4775509

KSA's reactionary lash at Canada exemplifies their attitude towards any criticism against themselves. If that's what they're prepared to do vs. a foreign nation, just to make a completely misguided and self undermining point, then it doesn't take a great leap of imagination to think what they'd do to anyone within or surrounding borders. 

SW14
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 12:51:54 (permalink)
Sorry we don’t live up to the vigorous intellectual toing and froing found on RooshV.com.

We should cut all ties with the Gulf. From their burkas on our streets, to their mosques paid in our society through to our weapons in their militaries.

Nothing good (for most of us) can come of it.
post edited by SW14 - 2018/08/11 12:55:35
Johnny Quest
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 13:21:54 (permalink)
You like to throw that reference about a lot as if it's meant to have a demeaning effect on me. 
SW14
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 13:27:32 (permalink)
It is an incel forum mate 😂
Johnny Quest
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 13:50:26 (permalink)
I think you know better than that, but you'll enjoy that narrative regardless. 

Back on topic. Were it not for the Gulf states oil or strategic positions, it's a wonder we'd have anything to do with them at all. Alliances out of convenience rather than any mutual values. The push for renewables most likely having an impact on the status quo, long before nations actually taking a stance on human rights.

SW14
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 13:57:03 (permalink)
We should isolate them in every way possible. That’s one thing I can get behind Corbyn on, although he cosies up to their ideological kin in this country.
Goodone
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 14:00:39 (permalink)
Whagwan
It's just a wierd willful ignorance of context.

Yes you should be allowed to take the piss out of peoples clothes, but Boris was doing this to stir up shit with a dog whistle, just a week after meeting Bannon

Dave's already tried to debate you in a much more reasonable way than I could manage on this one so meh.

But the only people that get stirred up are the left... most people just think he's a cunt
SW14
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 14:03:13 (permalink)
We must protect the feels of religious fanatics and fundamentalists AT ALL COSTS even when they obnoxiously display no interest in societal participation. Tolerance of horribly intolerant Wahhabism is our strength.

I for one am proud to walk along Whitechapel not having a fucking clue who half the people are.

Enjoyed the punk comparisons earlier in the thread. Sharia Twain, soon come.
post edited by SW14 - 2018/08/11 15:22:12
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7373
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 15:33:38 (permalink)
SW14
Most people would like to see these things banned. I’m not one of them, but they are awful things.

Is that a "Goodone majority"?
SW14
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 15:49:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Goodone 2018/08/11 17:37:30
No, that’s a yougov poll from 2016 - long before Boris piped up. I don’t support a ban because I don’t like the government sticking it’s oar in where it isn’t necessary. I certainly support the right to satirise the ridiculous things and other religious excesses though.

https://yougov.co.uk/news...ublic-backs-burka-ban/
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7373
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 15:55:57 (permalink)
Wow, that's surprising to me. It does, however, seem to contradict the idea that 'we' are tolerant and 'they' are not.
Goodone
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 22:35:50 (permalink)
I think the whole banning the burqa is a bit retarded tbh as it addresses a symptom rather than a root cause. We need to rethink multiculturalism imo as it just fosters the 'them' and 'we' attitude which just breeds resentment between the different communities. This is in no small part due to the state appeasing to the most volatile and aggressive communities to keep the peace and this perceived favouritism does not go unnoticed.  

My issue with tolerance is it clearly doesn't go both ways... I'd imagine that the idea of the UK funding the building of churches in Jeddah wouldn't fly with the Wahhabis in Saudi Arabia for example. So whilst we can all agree racism is bad, I don't understand why the left insist on this nihilistic desire to place the values of all other cultures above our own and to say otherwise is just racist. 
post edited by Goodone - 2018/08/11 22:39:47
SW14
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/11 23:12:39 (permalink)
It’s illegal to wear a cross in public in Saudi and churches aren’t allowed.

The whole thing is similar to praying outside - you might remember one of the London Bridge attackers praying and waving ISIS flags around Hyde Park. They don’t need to do that, they do it for a reason. It’s a way of Islamists flexing their muscles and trying to make a place or area appear more Islamic in character, deliberately further fostering the “us” and “them” thing.
Test Recordings
  • Total Posts : 647
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/12 06:26:53 (permalink)
Goodone
Surprisingly good vid about the unethical tactics used by the main stream media to push their narratives over the truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7LT08DQXvs

Interesting video, ta for linking it! You lot should have a look at what it was on about: http://www.newsdiffs.org/

I might use that for my master's thesis
Whagwan
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/12 14:03:26 (permalink)
Most people would like the return of capital punishment and wouldn't have ended slavery (at the time) so it's probably a good thing we don't always just blindly follow the prejudice of the majority
SW14
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/12 14:22:50 (permalink)
You can be sure the niqab wearers would be tickling “yes” to both columns if they didn’t see voting as “shirk” in Islam - the practice of democratic idolatry.

Why do you think intolerance is intolerable when it comes in a political guise (AKA the far right/fascism) but tolerate and defend it in exotic religious garms (Wahabbi Islam)?

This ideology has produced the single biggest current terror threat to this country (coming from a tiny minority) with plots foiled almost monthly but one of your biggest concerns here is whether these fundamentalist nutcases might be offended for accurately being described as “looking like letter boxes”.

Really?
post edited by SW14 - 2018/08/12 15:06:59
Goodone
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/12 19:21:42 (permalink)
What about the prejudice of the left? All diversity is good unless you are a white privileged man or a 'minority' who goes off message. In which case you're a thick racist who doesn't deserve an opinion

SmokedEggs
  • Total Posts : 2666
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/12 19:34:37 (permalink)
Goodone
What about the prejudice of the left? All diversity is good unless you are a white privileged man or a 'minority' who goes off message. In which case you're a thick racist who doesn't deserve an opinion

Here's a thought.... Try and convey a constructive argument for building a more positive future rather than moaning about bogeymen, be they lefties, muslims, whatever.
Goodone
Re: Politics Thread 2018/08/12 19:40:08 (permalink)
I thought I had - we need to go back to first principles of a modern liberal democracy. If we can approach this rationally and humanely I don't see why things won't work out, or at least that's the best chance we have. 

My point was that there are always going to be ideologues on either side of the political spectrum, but no matter how much we clamp down on free speech and introduce equality legislation they're not going away and it's just making matters worse.

post edited by Goodone - 2018/08/12 19:52:50
Page: << < ..646647648649650.. > >> Showing page 646 of 651
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0