AnsweredHot!Politics Thread

Page: << < ..616617618619 > Showing page 618 of 619
Author
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 12692
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 14:57:19 (permalink)
Makes me laugh when people that deliberately antagonise others- for no reason other than practicing a religion- they are genuinely shocked when the consequences of their actions blow back in their stupid faces made of ham

SW14
  • Total Posts : 11910
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 15:02:26 (permalink)
You thought that a cartoon of the prophet antagonized a religion though Dave.

Sadly you were right, the problem however lies with the religion and not the cartoon.

It doesn’t take much to antagonize Islam.
Sheriff Lobo
  • Total Posts : 2628
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 15:11:06 (permalink)
geordie007
SW14
Go away kid. You’re genuinely too thick to engage with.

PM your points to someone with a brain who knows what a paragraph and a capital letter is and I’ll try to address them.

lol.

#TeamGeordie

I know who i'd rather have with me in the Trenches™
Goodone
  • Total Posts : 5130
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 15:12:27 (permalink)
Its weird how the militant lefties are all bleeding heart moralists when it comes to identifying instances of 'islamophobia' yet turn into cold headed rationalists when it comes to people they disagree with getting battered to death in prison lol
Geordie007
  • Total Posts : 20347
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 15:20:49 (permalink)
Goodone
Its weird how the militant lefties are all bleeding heart moralists when it comes to identifying instances of 'islamophobia' yet turn into cold headed rationalists when it comes to people they disagree with getting battered to death in prison lol

HAS SOMEONE I DISAGREE WITH BEEN BATTERED TO DEATH IN PRISON YET?

CAPITALS JUST FOR SW14
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 15:32:35 (permalink)
SW14
You thought that a cartoon of the prophet antagonized a religion though Dave.

Sadly you were right, the problem however lies with the religion and not the cartoon.

It doesn’t take much to antagonize Islam.

I think my take has always been that the drawing and dissemination of a cartoon that lampoons a religion is your right. 

The question is, what are the motives for drawing it and distributing it? 

I haven't seen many cartoons aimed at the Islamic faith that are trying to make people laugh, or puncture authority, mostly they are crude, unfunny attempts at persuading people who are more than 50% on board with their agenda to be even bigger bigots.

Some of that shit looks exactly like the anti semitic propaganda of the 30s, it is vile and the cunts doing it deserve a thorough kicking although I'd never dispute their right to do it. It's the right of decent people to respond to that shit with a boot to the face. 

SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 15:36:03 (permalink)
I’ve seen loads aimed at puncturing the ludicrous supposed divine authority of rabid mullahs.

Do you honestly think Charlie Hebdo, a left leaning magazine that poked fun at faiths of all denominations was pandering to bigots and that people have a right to boot them in the face?

Do people have a right to boot extreme imams in the face preaching the kind of poison we heard on Channel 4’s “Undercover Mosques”?
post edited by SW14 - 2018/06/14 15:38:02
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 15:37:16 (permalink)
it's 2018, we don't need a cartoon to remind us that most religions come from a time when we thought the world was flat

SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 15:40:17 (permalink)
Jungle Dave
it's 2018, we don't need a cartoon to remind us that most religions come from a time when we thought the world was flat

The fact that people are willing to kill over a cartoon drawing in the name of a fairy god in the sky suggests that that is exactly what we need.
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 15:51:19 (permalink)
SW14

The fact that people are willing to kill over a cartoon drawing in the name of a fairy god in the sky suggests that that is exactly what we need.

When shit is hitting the fan, innocent Muslims are feeling like public enemy number one and the thick fuckers are coming out of the woodwork, what exactly did the cartoons bring to the table? Except a shit load more aggro? Certainly zero laughs. 

Free speech is the only, literally the only, justification for the drawings. If they were funny, you might persuade me that they are of benefit in some small way to the debate. But as you can see from looking at them they are only full of hate. 

Goodone
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 15:58:49 (permalink)
So the cartoons are full of hate rather than the Kalashnikov wielding jihadis!? Riiiiiigggghhhht
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7000
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 16:00:07 (permalink)
BINARY MAN STRIKES
Goodone
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 16:01:53 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby S8 2018/06/14 19:36:38
No I'm straight
Goodone
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 16:03:05 (permalink)
In all seriousness it does seem pretty binary as to what is more reprehensible, murder versus an offensive cartoon... I know which one id prefer to justify when I meet my maker
post edited by Goodone - 2018/06/14 19:19:47
SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 16:06:16 (permalink)
Jungle Dave
SW14

When shit is hitting the fan, innocent Muslims are feeling like public enemy number one and the thick fuckers are coming out of the woodwork, what exactly did the cartoons brinto the table? Except a shit load more aggro? Certainly zero laughs. 

Free speech is the only, literally the only, justification for the drawings. If they were funny, you might persuade me that they are of benefit in some small way to the debate. But as you can see from looking at them they are only full of hate. 

Yeah, sorry - I don’t buy into that particular “public enemy number one” victimhood narrative at all.

I also vigorously refute that Charlie Hebdo cartoons are “full of hate” or that it’s a hateful or bigoted publication. It’s simple satire and quite rightly probes and takes the piss out of all religions. Not all religion’s followers turn up with Kaleshnikov wielding stormtroopers at their door though.

It is a classical left wing magazine with a largely left wing readership.

The paper strongly opposes Islamism, classifying it as a totalitarian threat alongside fascism, Nazism and Stalinism.[12] They reprinted the Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons, leading to criticism.[13] In November 2011 the paper responded to the victory of an Islamist party in Tunisia by jokingly announcing that its next issue would be edited by Muhammad; the cover for this issue featured a caricature of Muhammad and the usual title defaced with a banner reading Charia Hebdo. The day after the announcement the offices of the newspaper were destroyed in a petrol bomb attack.[14]

Almost like they had a point about the whole totalitarian, fascist thing...
post edited by SW14 - 2018/06/14 16:11:04
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 16:07:24 (permalink)
Goodone
In all seriousness it does seem pretty binary as to what is more reprehensible murder versus offensive cartoon... I know which one id prefer to justify when I meet my maker

Are you seriously contemplating that I get more vexed about some pencil dicked goober scribbling some crude racial stereotype than the wholesale murder of non believers by yet more pencil dicked goobers? 

Because guess what, the world is a crazy world of subtle nuance and it's still quite possible to take a dim view of both in a proportional manner. 

LHC
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 16:10:52 (permalink)
Goodone
In all seriousness it does seem pretty binary as to what is more reprehensible murder versus offensive cartoon... I know which one id prefer to justify when I meet my maker

If something is more X than something else then that isnt binary at all.

Your original post said "rather than" which implied that Jungle Dave thinks only the jihadis or the cartoons could be hateful. Since he had decided that the cartoons are hateful, the jihadis must be great. Clearly he hasn't said or implied that
Goodone
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 16:18:37 (permalink)
I think it's a simple objective statement of fact that murder is worse than drawing a cartoon, no matter how inflammatory or how much nuance you want to heap on there
post edited by Goodone - 2018/06/14 19:19:00
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 16:23:15 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Whagwan 2018/06/14 17:25:49
Goodone
I think it's a simple objective statement if fact that murder is worse than drawing a cartoon no matter how inflammatory or how much nuance you heap on there as well

About half three but I ain't going to be able to make it to the party

Goodone
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 16:26:32 (permalink)
Aha!
RUSSELL CLARTY
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 16:31:39 (permalink)
SW14

Yeah, sorry - I don’t buy into that particular “public enemy number one” victimhood narrative at all.

I also vigorously refute that Charlie Hebdo cartoons are “full of hate” or that it’s a hateful or bigoted publication. It’s simple satire and quite rightly probes and takes the piss out of all religions. Not all religion’s followers turn up with Kaleshnikov wielding stormtroopers at their door though.

The paper strongly opposes Islamism, classifying it as a totalitarian threat alongside fascism, Nazism and Stalinism.[12] They reprinted the Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons, leading to criticism.[13] In November 2011 the paper responded to the victory of an Islamist party in Tunisia by jokingly announcing that its next issue would be edited by Muhammad; the cover for this issue featured a caricature of Muhammad and the usual title defaced with a banner reading Charia Hebdo. The day after the announcement the offices of the newspaper were destroyed in a petrol bomb attack.[14]

I've lost count of the amount of "fucking Muslims" comments IRL and online I've read. Now if I was a fucking Muslim I'd be even more aware of it. And I'd be angry. 

The Jyllands-Posten cartoons are the exact cartoons I'm thinking of, shit, unfunny and full of hate. 

_Modus_
  • Total Posts : 5111
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 16:32:13 (permalink)
Goodone

Murderers are bad

Islamophobia is bad

Why are you comparing the two?
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20219
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 16:38:41 (permalink)
No one posted the edl vs BNP vid yet?

We're all racists lol

no
LHC
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 16:41:15 (permalink)
Shit, how did Goodone get hold of the minutes from the board meeting of The Left Inc., chaired by Kathy Newman?
SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 16:44:35 (permalink)
Jungle Dave
SW14

I've lost count of the amount of "fucking Muslims" comments IRL and online I've read. Now if I was a fucking Muslim I'd be even more aware of it. And I'd be angry. 

The Jyllands-Posten cartoons are the exact cartoons I'm thinking of, shit, unfunny and full of hate. 

Re-printing them to resist the coercive threats from rabid, effigy burning baying hordes across the Islamic world demanding an ultraviolent response to a cartoon is their right, whether you think the images were funny or not. Regardless of whether you thought “the Satanic Verses” was a good novel, I’d hope you’d stand by his right to write it by the same token and which had the same effect.

Repeated deadly terror attacks and plots emanating from within one (only one) tiny minority targeting non-believers is more concerning to me than mean comments under newspaper articles. Call me old fashioned. When Muslims are being blown up at meeting points or deliberately targeted for their ethnicity and religion by rape gangs, I might subscribe to the “public enemy number one” stuff. As it stands, I don’t.

Apparently a violent response is “to be expected” when it relates to our foreign policy, but any kind of mild response to brutal slaughter occurring here is intolerable.
post edited by SW14 - 2018/06/14 16:49:03
RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 94604
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 16:45:37 (permalink)
Mint fred m8z
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18470
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 18:58:53 (permalink)
DJModus

Against the death penalty obviously, but I would have little sympathy for racist dickheads getting their head kicked for being racist dickheads.

The point is that the people kicking their heads in are also racist dickheads. So the question is really - who deserves to get their head kicked in more? I'd say it's pretty equal.

SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 19:13:45 (permalink)
darkmatter
DJModus

Against the death penalty obviously, but I would have little sympathy for racist dickheads getting their head kicked for being racist dickheads.

The point is that the people kicking their heads in are also racist dickheads. So the question is really - who deserves to get their head kicked in more? I'd say it's pretty equal.

Not in the eyes of the identity politics era left, who fall over themselves to show how much they hate supposed Anglo-Saxon led extremism yet consistently fail to even try to challenge a far deadlier threat, presumably because most of the protagonists are brown and they see it as an unfathomable “foreign” dogma.

If Al-Muhajiroun (who have directly and indirectly been responsible for more recent terror deaths than the entire UK far right) had been drinking Stella cans and waving St George’s flags at their meetings, a UAF emergency rapid response would have swung into action - conspicuous by it’s absence when it was an Al Queda flag instead.

Moral and intellectual cowardice.
Goodone
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 19:17:54 (permalink)
LHC
Shit, how did Goodone get hold of the minutes from the board meeting of The Left Inc., chaired by Kathy Newman?

Cathy*
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18470
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/14 19:25:59 (permalink)
@sw14 While I agree and I know you were careful to distinguish, the "identity politics era left" aren't "the left".

We're essentially talking about people that read politics like the right hand panel of the Daily Mail website. These views seem to have come to the fore because of the way the internet affects the media landscape. But the same happens on the right.

I reckon that while some on the left are a bit more likely to fall foul of "identity politics era" traps, they're also a bit more likely to avoid funding extremist Islamist states. So on balance their vision might work just as well or better than the status quo even if it's deeply flawed in places.
post edited by darkmatter - 2018/06/14 19:37:30

Page: << < ..616617618619 > Showing page 618 of 619
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0