AnsweredHot!Politics Thread

Page: << < ..616617618619620 > Showing page 616 of 620
Author
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20224
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/08 17:09:34 (permalink)
Claimants have always had the option to do so. Now there's no option, you must receive the money and pass it on to your landlord. Which has led to an enormous rise in defaults. If you're hungry, what are you going to do? Feed your kids or pay the rent?

no
SW14
  • Total Posts : 11933
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/08 17:11:34 (permalink)
What do you suggest they do instead?

You either force everyone to get it sent direct to the landlord causing problems for lots of people or you give a choice of either.

Giving an option of both seems a perfectly sensible solution to me.

There is an option (shown in the link).

How to ask for managed payments

You can ask for managed payments to be made to your landlord by:

speaking to your work coach at Jobcentre Plus

calling the universal credit helpline
post edited by SW14 - 2018/06/08 17:17:42
wiseacre
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/08 17:30:49 (permalink)
That only changed because of the collosal arrears that were piling up. And it's not the default. Managed payments lol.

no
SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/08 17:37:54 (permalink)
No, it hasn’t changed and you are wrong to claim there is “no option”.

There is and it’s a perfectly reasonable one.

Don’t let that stop you from hysteria, invective and accusing other people of ignorance though.
wiseacre
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/08 17:43:17 (permalink)
Nope, it's only an option when already in arrears
https://england.shelter.o...d_direct_to_a_landlord

In other news, lol

https://www.telegraph.co....istress-tone-may-turn/

no
SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/08 17:47:55 (permalink)
wiseacre
Nope, it's only an option when already in arrears
https://england.shelter.o...d_direct_to_a_landlord

In other news, lol

https://www.telegraph.co....istress-tone-may-turn/

Furious moonwalking. It’s not only in arrears, you’re wrong - again.

It’s not too late to edit btw.

or find it hard to budget because of personal circumstances

Just admit that you actually didn’t know what you were talking about.
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18475
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/08 19:08:48 (permalink)
SW14
What is the disaster with Universal Credit?

[...]

The only problem was the 5 week wait

This is the main problem imo, as well as the problems with contacting them - which naturally will have been exacerbated by teething pains.

I was on the dole a while back and I was glad that I ended up on normal not UC. It was rather silly though because I have a dole centre near me that I tried to transfer to as I had a fractured spine, but I couldn't and had to walk a couple of miles to the one that I got assigned to (based on postcode not vicinity).

SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/08 19:22:44 (permalink)
darkmatter
SW14
What is the disaster with Universal Credit?

[...]

The only problem was the 5 week wait

This is the main problem imo, as well as the problems with contacting them - which naturally will have been exacerbated by teething pains.

I was on the dole a while back and I was glad that I ended up on normal not UC. It was rather silly though because I have a dole centre near me that I tried to transfer to as I had a fractured spine, but I couldn't and had to walk a couple of miles to the one that I got assigned to (based on postcode not vicinity).

They front you up to a grand instantly and deduct it from your payments. They never used to do that before.

I honestly thought it would be a horrendous experience and nearly swerved it as more hassle than it was worth but it was really easy and I found it more generous than the last system. They pay you up until your first pay cheque and not your first day of work.

I do take the point about computer access being central to the process and the shit phone line. I explained my situation that I had work lined up and he didn’t even want to see me.

No doubt there are many flaws to a huge rolled out system but there’s a fair bit of hysterical leftie misinformation flying around too imo. See above.
post edited by SW14 - 2018/06/08 19:32:13
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18475
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/08 19:44:27 (permalink)
Fair play, I understood a lot of people had issues with getting money upfront.

SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/08 19:52:57 (permalink)
darkmatter
Fair play, I understood a lot of people had issues with getting money upfront.

I know my flatmate did when it was first rolled out but I can only go on my own experience which was “what do you need and on what timescale would you like to pay it back?” and it was in my account instantly.

I have more beef with the one week “grace” period barring claiming benefits where you are ignored despite whatever tax contribution you’ve made down the years.

What’s the rationale for that? Just cos?
_Modus_
  • Total Posts : 5128
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/08 20:24:29 (permalink)
None of what I have said is hysterical leftie misinformation and I deal with UC claimants every day. Everyone I have talked to.. tenants, landlords and judges all agree that the system is currently a shambles. The government knows this which is why they keep delaying its full roll out.
F L Y
  • Total Posts : 7597
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/09 13:05:21 (permalink)
This is the problem with the Tories, they have absolutely no understanding or empathy with people who don't have the same views and aspirations, not everyone wants to own their own house or are they ambitious enough to want a stressful job and this is where social housing really worked , in the days when the UK actually made things social housing/council houses really worked, it provided cheap but decent housing for the workforce.
     In the 1950s the Tories under McMillian were building 300,000 council houses a year and other governments followed this pledge well into the 60s and 70s, during this period the country had a huge amount of economic growth , we now need a similar project in my opinion because in the long term this will save the government billions in paying landlords over inflated private rents and will bring an income in the long term for local authorities and good housing for the workforce and be good for society in general.
     Its only in this country that house ownership is such a big deal in other European countries its quite normal to rent with no stigma, the problem is that the modern Tory party just don't get it and think everyone should either pay landlords overpriced rents or buy a house, with a minimum wage/zero hour culture this is not going to happen so unless we get a decent opposition party and leader who is openly Eurosceptic and cares about his/her country more than they do about Palestine we are stuck with these vile Tories .
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 14983
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/09 13:41:27 (permalink)
Don’t understand why an opposition leader needs to be openly eurosceptic. Half the country are big Europe fans so they would cost themselves a lot of votes. Besides which any potential leader needs to represent everybody as best as possible.

Agree with everything said about council housing though, trouble is the Tories won’t wanna do it because Thatcher.
F L Y
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/09 14:03:58 (permalink)
Postman Pat
Don’t understand why an opposition leader needs to be openly eurosceptic. Half the country are big Europe fans so they would cost themselves a lot of votes. Besides which any potential leader needs to represent everybody as best as possible.

Agree with everything said about council housing though, trouble is the Tories won’t wanna do it because Thatcher.

We have remainer PM who is trying to get us through brexit and an opposition leader who is a Eurosceptic but is gagged because of the Blairites in his party and Labour Blairite voters , You wouldn't have a vegan selling a hog roast , A left leaning Eurosceptic leader would clean up in an election if there was one , in London no but London isn't the whole UK contrary to what some people believe , there is a huge amount of support of Brexit in the midlands and the north east and wales , also a lot of these voters are natural Labour voters but they have no love for Corbyn and the Islington London centric Labour party .
Postman Pat
  • Total Posts : 14983
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/09 15:30:45 (permalink)
And yet if he were openly eurosceptic he would cost himself votes anyway. Who knows exactly how the traditional labour vote is split on Brexit (although I’d hazard a guess it’s approximately 52/48), so it’s surely better to play your cards close to your chest and try to present yourself as a common sense party that has everybody’s best interests at heart rather than declaring the views of half the country null and void for a generation. Very last thing we need is defined leaver and remainer parties, that would only split the country even more.
F L Y
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/09 15:56:51 (permalink)
Postman Pat
And yet if he were openly eurosceptic he would cost himself votes anyway. Who knows exactly how the traditional labour vote is split on Brexit (although I’d hazard a guess it’s approximately 52/48), so it’s surely better to play your cards close to your chest and try to present yourself as a common sense party that has everybody’s best interests at heart rather than declaring the views of half the country null and void for a generation. Very last thing we need is defined leaver and remainer parties, that would only split the country even more.

The problem is that Corbyn doesn't resonate with many people in the country his appeal is limited to the luvvie left comprising artists, actors, hippies, vegans, minority groups and protest groups and people in London , thing is this isn't the majority of the population , there was a poll done recently and he is 9 points done on May who would be the best PM which is awful considering how shit the Tories are right now.
post edited by F L Y - 2018/06/09 16:02:20
SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/10 01:00:16 (permalink)
DJModus
None of what I have said is hysterical leftie misinformation and I deal with UC claimants every day. Everyone I have talked to.. tenants, landlords and judges all agree that the system is currently a shambles. The government knows this which is why they keep delaying its full roll out.

Not aimed at you, was aimed at wiseacre peddling mistruths.

You made your points very reasonably.

I had heard what you are saying but all I can speak of is my own experience and it was very efficient as well as being more generous than the old system.
post edited by SW14 - 2018/06/10 01:51:04
Test Recordings
  • Total Posts : 618
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/10 07:42:41 (permalink)
F L Y
This is the problem with the Tories, they have absolutely no understanding or empathy with people who don't have the same views and aspirations, not everyone wants to own their own house or are they ambitious enough to want a stressful job and this is where social housing really worked , in the days when the UK actually made things social housing/council houses really worked, it provided cheap but decent housing for the workforce.
     In the 1950s the Tories under McMillian were building 300,000 council houses a year and other governments followed this pledge well into the 60s and 70s, during this period the country had a huge amount of economic growth , we now need a similar project in my opinion because in the long term this will save the government billions in paying landlords over inflated private rents and will bring an income in the long term for local authorities and good housing for the workforce and be good for society in general.
     Its only in this country that house ownership is such a big deal in other European countries its quite normal to rent with no stigma, the problem is that the modern Tory party just don't get it and think everyone should either pay landlords overpriced rents or buy a house, with a minimum wage/zero hour culture this is not going to happen so unless we get a decent opposition party and leader who is openly Eurosceptic and cares about his/her country more than they do about Palestine we are stuck with these vile Tories .

The weird thing is about the UK is that both the Tories AND Labour ignore the fact that a majority of the population, and a majority of both parties supporters, consistently want nationalisation of key assets. I don't think anyone really cares about council houses except stuck up wankers and landlords (though I think there's some overlap there). People are going to whinge about the initial expense but at the end of the day it reduces the drag on the economy from the real estate sector... another thing that makes the UK stand out in comparison to other 'developed' countries is the number of rich people who made it with real estate. Rentier capitalism unfortunately reigns supreme
F L Y
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/10 09:35:55 (permalink)
Test Recordings
F L Y

The weird thing is about the UK is that both the Tories AND Labour ignore the fact that a majority of the population, and a majority of both parties supporters, consistently want nationalisation of key assets. I don't think anyone really cares about council houses except stuck up wankers and landlords (though I think there's some overlap there). People are going to whinge about the initial expense but at the end of the day it reduces the drag on the economy from the real estate sector... another thing that makes the UK stand out in comparison to other 'developed' countries is the number of rich people who made it with real estate. Rentier capitalism unfortunately reigns supreme

Yep , true about nationalising of the utilities and railways as well .
Geordie007
  • Total Posts : 20347
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/10 19:32:10 (permalink)
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj0R7dylKyB/

lol when he chucks a street sign and catches a bloke on the ear with it
SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/10 21:19:30 (permalink)
Always nice to see the police on the run but quite pathetic that they’d be on their toes from equivalent numbers of lagboats when they have batons, gas and tasers.

That’s (most of) them, though. Shithouse bullies.
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8412
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/10 22:52:16 (permalink)
someone published a list of The Guardian writers school education while back and made some funny interesting reading. Nearly every single member of staff had went to private school  and then had been to Oxford or Cambridge. It wasn't a very 'diverse' list put it that way. 
wiseacre
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/13 12:59:07 (permalink)

no
Stoopid_Fux
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/13 13:14:55 (permalink)
ouch 
looked like was going to cry there lol
Law
  • Total Posts : 64063
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/13 13:15:38 (permalink)
What a bun. Waterworks looked imminent. 
SW14
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/13 13:20:12 (permalink)
Not sure Brexit (and party divisions thereof) is Corbyn's strongest suit tbh. Headmistress did look rattled, mind.

Tagged J-Corbz on Labour Live though.

Mrs May went on: "I've heard (Mr Corbyn) is trying to organise a music festival, Labour Live.
"I'll pass over the fact it's going to have a Solidarity Tent which obviously won't have any Labour MPs within it.
"But I have to say to him, I don't know if members of the House are aware of the headline acts at Labour Live?
"The headline acts at Labour Live are the shadow chancellor (John McDonnell) and the Magic Numbers - just about sums them up."

post edited by SW14 - 2018/06/13 13:24:30
wiseacre
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/13 13:39:59 (permalink)
and she came up with those bants all by herself

no
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 12707
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/13 13:45:08 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Whagwan 2018/06/13 15:55:02
She's got a cheek talking about "Labour unity" presiding over a party that is ripping not just her own pathetic tribe apart, but the UK, Ireland and Europe as well.

Resign you haggard cunt! 

Stoopid_Fux
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/13 13:46:10 (permalink)
Borris pretty much openly laughing in her face like that is humiliating stuff.
Almost felt sorry for her. Should have sacked him over a year ago though and was dumb not to. 
Geordie007
  • Total Posts : 20347
Re: General Election 2015 2018/06/13 14:24:28 (permalink)
lets be honest if you want crying then theres nowt better than some gimp getting nicked at the free tommy march https://youtu.be/mCZHKOhimqE

ooh hes hard
Page: << < ..616617618619620 > Showing page 616 of 620
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0