AnsweredHot!Politics Thread

Page: << < ..286 Showing page 286 of 286
Author
simon.r
  • Total Posts : 4008
Re: General Election 2015 2017/02/25 15:17:53 (permalink)
Whagwan
LHC
The Liberal Democrats both oppose Brexit and support Cannabis de-regulation. Surely those things are enough.

The Liberal Democrats have a very recent history of breaking manifesto promises whilst enabling the beginnings of this Tory madness.

Tbf Tim Farron seems decent, but yeah they've no chance.
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 17031
Re: General Election 2015 2017/02/26 13:20:02 (permalink)

gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 18533
Re: General Election 2015 2017/02/26 14:36:39 (permalink)
darkmatter
Good read: https://off-guardian.org/2017/02/23/a-beginners-guide-to-the-guardian/

Very good, that. Hadn't really noticed those observations of Monbiot and Jones but strangely, they're the only 2 guardian journalists I read regularly. (+ Frankie Boyle when he's around)

SW14
  • Total Posts : 7396
Re: General Election 2015 2017/02/26 14:44:48 (permalink)
If there was a market for left wing newspapers then you would expect them to be in existence.
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 17031
Re: General Election 2015 2017/02/26 14:56:55 (permalink)
Yeah I'd still read their stuff too (Monbiot/Jones). I've been cynical of the Guardian for a while especially after the Nafeez Ahmed thing. Its shit having to be so 'on guard' all the time. Their coverage of almost everything can't be trusted - brexit, trump, corbyn, women's issues, iraq war, israel, economy, syria, energy/climate... When I actually make a list of current affairs issues that they tend to focus on, I struggle to find one that I agree with their line on. You can usually tell when they know they're chatting shit, because comments will be disabled. I still check it as my source of news though, need to stop being so lazy really.

SW14
If there was a market for left wing newspapers then you would expect them to be in existence.

Not sure I've understood the comment correctly. Since papers are paid for by advertising, you would expect left wing papers to not be in existence, since big advertisers are generally at odds with leftist politics.
post edited by darkmatter - 2017/02/26 15:00:52

SW14
  • Total Posts : 7396
Re: General Election 2015 2017/02/26 16:23:40 (permalink)
darkmatter
Yeah I'd still read their stuff too (Monbiot/Jones). I've been cynical of the Guardian for a while especially after the Nafeez Ahmed thing. Its shit having to be so 'on guard' all the time. Their coverage of almost everything can't be trusted - brexit, trump, corbyn, women's issues, iraq war, israel, economy, syria, energy/climate... When I actually make a list of current affairs issues that they tend to focus on, I struggle to find one that I agree with their line on. You can usually tell when they know they're chatting shit, because comments will be disabled. I still check it as my source of news though, need to stop being so lazy really.

SW14

Not sure I've understood the comment correctly. Since papers are paid for by advertising, you would expect left wing papers to not be in existence, since big advertisers are generally at odds with leftist politics.

Advertisers place adverts where they can get reach, not because they are ideologically aligned.
Page: << < ..286 Showing page 286 of 286
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0