AnsweredHot!Politics Thread

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 425
Author
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 22340
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 11:50:30 (permalink)
Snakey
gavinx
the idea of ed miliband in a room with other world leaders terrifies me

Why? Because Newscorp have convinced everyone he's a bit of a nerdlinger?

Exactly... Remember he has held his own on the world stage over Libya already...
Matty H
  • Total Posts : 3637
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 13:28:45 (permalink)
Forget the polls, the boys in blue will stay in...as a working class man it pains me to say it however if labour get in again they will skint us within a year, oh the joys of politics!
Easton
  • Total Posts : 665
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 13:35:00 (permalink)
Its amazing how people just regurgitate the media spin on Ed. Desperate!

I would be happy with a Labour/SNP coalition or a labour majority
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 20263
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 13:36:42 (permalink)
Borrowing money doesn't mean we're skint. Running a country with a borrowing deficit is neither new nor uncommon. BTW, the Tories are peddling the lie that the UK is the fastest growing economy. It isn't. And I firmly believe that this "recovery" would have happened at a similar rate regardless of who was in charge.

gutlessrhyme
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 13:41:59 (permalink)
I hope labour and SNP form a coalition and immediately enforce mandatory kilt Wednesdays in Tory constituencies.

gavinx
  • Total Posts : 6503
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 13:47:16 (permalink)
i'm not regurgitating any spin...i'm basing it on my own opinions of incidents like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZjNZrpbJM 

awful

i can't quite take his face, voice or cadence seriously...but i think he's a nice guy, who is well-liked with the party and the wider government, and i will still vote for him
Geordie007
  • Total Posts : 19088
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 14:01:36 (permalink)
Subsurface
The bunch of filthy rich pricks signing that Tory endorsement purely because of the reduction of corporation tax. Never mind the rest of their policies as long as they make your richer eh? Cunts.

I know. It's nearly as bad as Labour using sentences from business leaders on some promotional material the other day saying they were behind him them.

Wasn't strictly the truth mind but still.
Whagwan
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 14:39:40 (permalink)
Law
  • Total Posts : 62485
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 14:43:33 (permalink)
geordie007
Subsurface
The bunch of filthy rich pricks signing that Tory endorsement purely because of the reduction of corporation tax. Never mind the rest of their policies as long as they make your richer eh? Cunts.

I know. It's nearly as bad as Labour using sentences from business leaders on some promotional material the other day saying they were behind him them.

That backfired nicely too. A few of those names couldn't come out quick enough to say their companies are neutral.
IKOS
  • Total Posts : 35836
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 14:55:14 (permalink)
Vote
IKOS
  • Total Posts : 35836
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 14:56:46 (permalink)
Geordie007
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 15:42:38 (permalink)
Law
geordie007
Subsurface

That backfired nicely too. A few of those names couldn't come out quick enough to say their companies are neutral.

Exactly. I guess some people on here may forget that it's a companies legal responsibility to their shareholders to get taxes down and increase profits for them so of course some are going to sign a letter backing them.

Another problem is that people's pensions on here are linked to these companies so the more profit they make the better return on their pensions.
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 19073
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 16:07:39 (permalink)
geordie007
Law
geordie007
Subsurface

Exactly. I guess some people on here may forget that it's a companies legal responsibility to their shareholders to get taxes down and increase profits for them so of course some are going to sign a letter backing them.

Another problem is that people's pensions on here are linked to these companies so the more profit they make the better return on their pensions.

they have no legal responsibility to get taxes down you pillock.

plus some companies have a long term strategy of customer and employee care over short term dividends and share price. tax dodging can severely piss off your customers.

no
Geordie007
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 16:22:28 (permalink)
wiseacre
geordie007
Law
geordie007
Subsurface

they have no legal responsibility to get taxes down you pillock.

plus some companies have a long term strategy of customer and employee care over short term dividends and share price. tax dodging can severely piss off your customers.

Erm did you miss the point I made about raising profits? Which will happen by getting corporation tax down? Oh you did. Ok then.
The Waco Kid
  • Total Posts : 43450
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 16:23:52 (permalink)
Companies have no legal obligation to do anything to tax, except pay it.

Geordie007
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 16:29:21 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Duderonomy 2015/04/01 18:23:15
Syhr
Companies have no legal obligation to do anything to tax, except pay it.

No they have a legal obligation to make lots of nasty profits and by lobbying a reduction in Corp tax they are then going to increase their profits. Hence why they sign a letter doing supporting a party that will do so.
Whagwan
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 16:30:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Duderonomy 2015/04/01 18:23:24
One in five of the businesspeople who signed a letter supporting Tory economic policy were given honours by David Cameron in the last few years, while one third have donated money to the Conservative party, an analysis by the Independent shows.

http://www.independent.co...y-donors-10148897.html
SW14
  • Total Posts : 8878
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 17:04:46 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
Borrowing money doesn't mean we're skint. Running a country with a borrowing deficit is neither new nor uncommon. BTW, the Tories are peddling the lie that the UK is the fastest growing economy. It isn't. And I firmly believe that this "recovery" would have happened at a similar rate regardless of who was in charge.

What do you mean it isn't? It's the fastest in the GDP by percentage growth and has been hailed by the once critical IMF (who have since apologised to Osborne) as an example to other countries?
Geordie007
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 17:21:10 (permalink)
Whagwan
One in five of the businesspeople who signed a letter supporting Tory economic policy were given honours by David Cameron in the last few years, while one third have donated money to the Conservative party, an analysis by the Independent shows.

http://www.independent.co...y-donors-10148897.html

Come along giving people honours for donations doesnt just stop with one party. This is why politics is all a bit shit because its just tit for tat with people having short memories.
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 17819
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 18:13:39 (permalink)
SW14
gutlessrhyme

What do you mean it isn't? It's the fastest in the GDP by percentage growth and has been hailed by the once critical IMF (who have since apologised to Osborne) as an example to other countries?

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/mar/31/uk-gdp-growth-revised-up-to-06

"The ONS said GDP per head [...] remains 1.2% below pre-economic downturn levels.

Statisticians also said net national disposable income (NNDI) per head, which represents the income available to UK residents, had remained broadly flat since the start of 2012 and remained 5.1% below pre-downturn levels."

Whagwan
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 18:22:35 (permalink)
Oh god, Tory boy is back.

Geordie, I wasn't posting that to highlight cash for honours, you're right on that. I was posting it to highlight the fact that a load of Tories writing into a Tory paper in support of the Tory party isn't really news.

In other breaking news, friends of the earth have endorsed the green party!
post edited by Whagwan - 2015/04/01 18:23:46
Geordie007
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 18:36:31 (permalink)
If it isnt news then why post it?
Eazyflow
  • Total Posts : 3260
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 18:37:51 (permalink)
Whagwan

Geordie, I wasn't posting that to highlight cash for honours, you're right on that. I was posting it to highlight the fact that a load of Tories writing into a Tory paper in support of the Tory party isn't really news.

Well I for one am shocked, shocked I say, that the voices of big business are in favour of paying as little as possible to the national upkeep and exploiting their staff as far as possible.

OLD SKOOL FOR SALE:

"If you don't know the roots from the trunk of the tree, you won't know the branches or what the fruit will b
Shiverman
  • Total Posts : 10831
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 18:39:21 (permalink)
geordie007

What? It's refuting the leading story in the Telegraph. The original Telegraph story isn't news.
Geordie007
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 18:43:15 (permalink)
Shiverman
geordie007

What? It's refuting the leading story in the Telegraph. The original Telegraph story isn't news.

Sorry what is it refuting again? That there wasnt a letter signed by 100 business leaders saying something?
Shiverman
  • Total Posts : 10831
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 18:49:21 (permalink)
No sorry, but it's in retaliation. This has been made out to be news by the Telegraph, when it just isn't. It's only fair to point out how fucking stupid and pointless it is, isn't it?

gutlessrhyme
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 18:49:27 (permalink)
SW14
gutlessrhyme

Geordie007
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 18:52:35 (permalink)
Shiverman
No sorry, but it's in retaliation. This has been made out to be news by the Telegraph, when it just isn't. It's only fair to point out how fucking stupid and pointless it is, isn't it?

None of it is fucking news and I am bored of it all already and the sheer wanking over the pointless debates does me head in too. National politics is far too fucked the way it is now that I reckon its always going to be some crappy coalition bollocks unless the whole system changes. To what I have no idea but Ill be voting for which ever local candidate I feel will be best for this crappy part of South London rather than some sort of big government party and not who I may have voted for before.
Geordie007
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 19:00:08 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
SW14
gutlessrhyme

Be careful of who produces those sorts of graphs because the wording of what they class as such things is peculiar
http://www.theguardian.com/news/reality-check/2015/apr/01/clarify-uk-not-worlds-fastest-growing-major-economy and that links to how th eIMF judge things.

Whagwan
Re: General Election 2015 2015/04/01 19:02:48 (permalink)
geordie007

None of it is fucking news and I am bored of it all already and the sheer wanking over the pointless debates does me head in too.

Given the above, may a respectfully suggest that a thread entitled "General Election 2015" isn't the place for you?
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 425
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0