Helpful ReplyHot!The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C

Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Author
Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 3907
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2018/11/05 21:58:42 (permalink)
LeonBlue
Rudiger01
His wiki page says hes from Liverpool but his accent in that vid is definitely not scouse.

I did think he didnt really seem like he was from here style wise

You know what mate, I could be completely wrong then! haha I thought he was from the north east because of his accent - we didn't really talk too long in the interview to be fair. In-person ones are always a bit weird, I don't really enjoy them in most cases - you have to turn up, theres loads of people stuffed in a cramped room and its stop start and not the most natural way to have a chat with someone you don't know.

Saying that the first in-person one I did was with Marky and he was absolutely spot on, no surprises here given that he walks around with a smile the size of Brazil on his face but he just oozed charisma and was fun to talk to.  

Ive listened to that interview and I havent got a clue where he's from

The Hazard interview and the DJ Hype one were fantastic. Really honest type interviews with no media training bullshit spouted
Willfunk
  • Total Posts : 15938
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2018/11/05 22:35:20 (permalink)
LeonBlue

Not the Sun this time (or anymore) either! 

Good. I always wanted to read the interviews but refuse to give them the traffic. Big up sir
godf
  • Total Posts : 4912
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2018/11/06 01:46:21 (permalink)
willfunk
LeonBlue

Good. I always wanted to read the interviews but refuse to give them the traffic. Big up sir

I was just reading the comments section under a Sun story about a 14 year old girl who was raped by her 24 year old boy-friend. The Sun attracts a lot of scum.
LeonBlue
  • Total Posts : 4725
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2018/11/06 02:10:05 (permalink)
Rudiger01
LeonBlue
Rudiger01
His wiki page says hes from Liverpool but his accent in that vid is definitely not scouse.

I did think he didnt really seem like he was from here style wise

You know what mate, I could be completely wrong then! haha I thought he was from the north east because of his accent - we didn't really talk too long in the interview to be fair. In-person ones are always a bit weird, I don't really enjoy them in most cases - you have to turn up, theres loads of people stuffed in a cramped room and its stop start and not the most natural way to have a chat with someone you don't know.

Saying that the first in-person one I did was with Marky and he was absolutely spot on, no surprises here given that he walks around with a smile the size of Brazil on his face but he just oozed charisma and was fun to talk to.  

Ive listened to that interview and I havent got a clue where he's from

The Hazard interview and the DJ Hype one were fantastic. Really honest type interviews with no media training bullshit spouted

Thanks! Can't believe that was well over a year ago already, I miss doing them actually and have been asked to do some more so will as and when the opportunity comes up. 

I don't know why they seem to go so well to be honest, I just love the music and the deeper dynamics of it so I find it fascinating and try and ask thought provoking questions or get an insight to understand my own understanding better and it seems to work. 

Ultimately, we are all fans of the music one way or another so it's easy to relate isn't it - that raw bassline rumbling through your chest coming out of a weighty sound system is a universally enjoyable sensation and overall what we all have in common - the heavier and nastier the better of course! 
LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2018/11/06 02:18:15 (permalink)
willfunk
LeonBlue

Nice one - to be honest, the whole experience of working on behalf of The Sun was a crazy one - it was like anyone with any credibility knew it wasn't ideal for a number of reasons but it also offered elevation in some ways that nothing else could so you just had to grin and bear those aspects. 

On the other hand, it has been like a university course - studying the pioneers of electronic music in many forms and getting their take on whats what, it has all been positive overall and I don't regret a thing. 

One of the coolest experiences so far was having spoken to Fresh a few years ago, what I learnt from that conversation and assignment if you will, having lived and learned since and then picking back up where we had left off, having both moved on in our own new directions. I really enjoyed that and realise in hindsight just how significant it all was rather than just having my mind blown every time my phone rang for about three years and having to work out how to get through the next crazy situation and trying to pull it out the bag! 

post edited by LeonBlue - 2018/11/06 02:20:01
SW14
  • Total Posts : 13357
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2018/11/06 08:05:33 (permalink)
The Sun are cunts for sure but it’s not like you’re doorstepping people and setting them up with Fake Sheikhs to entrap them.

Say what you want about them but they’ve got a big reach and you had a great opportunity to do something positive on the music there and meet interesting people.

I don’t agree with this boycotting entire papers nonsense. The Scousers will disagree but they’re stubborn fuckers who will still be banging on about it in 300 years 😂
LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2018/11/07 20:12:56 (permalink)
Yeah man, you are right - and thats how I saw it overall, it was a good laugh at times too and had some cool experiences and enough drama too. But mainly with the people I was working on behalf of more than anyone else but theres no need to go into, all in the past now and lots of good has come from it overall. 

As for the scousers - thats up to them of course and as I understand it, they do have good reason to be fair to them. 

Doing a really cool one tomorrow, soon as its done it will be up here as per...

Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0