Helpful ReplyHot!The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Author
DrKevorkian
  • Total Posts : 1364
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/02/22 20:19:29 (permalink)
Yeah I caught him at Brixton tail end of last year and there was loads in there to enjoy.
Colin2013
  • Total Posts : 831
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/02/22 20:33:55 (permalink)
The true headz would return to the dance if Andy drew deep and dark once every so often.
LeonBlue
  • Total Posts : 4673
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/02/23 12:09:36 (permalink)
Yes Colin, I'm sure.

He does whenever I've seen him recently, but at the same time hes on the world stage and playing to a predominantly commercially orientated audience so selects accordingly. 

There's no doubt he is the guvnor when the time comes, but business is business and he is no fool.

Having spent the vast majority of his life entertaining other people, if its time for him to reap the rewards and enjoy it too, then fairplay to him.

Willfunk
  • Total Posts : 14662
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/02/24 07:04:13 (permalink)
LeonBlue
According to Rockwell's facebook / twitter - there's quite a backlash about him talking to The Sun about DnB...

Interview link:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/s...sic-Says-Rockwell.html

I've never clicked on any of your links in this thread even though I'd quite like to read the interviews. I will never give traffic to that vile, pissrag you write for.
edmc
  • Total Posts : 10374
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/02/24 08:38:20 (permalink)
LeonBlue
edmc
I'd go to Ally Pally if I could bank on a varied selection.

The last All Night he played across the board and through the years and I'm sure he will do the same this time round too.

Andy C at The Ally Pally, i think it will be a wicked party regardless, get on it

Seems to hint at it in the video.

LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/02/24 09:24:13 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Fiend. 2016/03/21 13:15:00
willfunk
LeonBlue
According to Rockwell's facebook / twitter - there's quite a backlash about him talking to The Sun about DnB...

Interview link:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/s...sic-Says-Rockwell.html

I've never clicked on any of your links in this thread even though I'd quite like to read the interviews. I will never give traffic to that vile, pissrag you write for.

Fully understand that and fair enough.

To me it was / is / has been a massive opportunity, which I have enjoyed every step of the way. There's many people who have expressed the same opinion and I get it completely.

A couple of artists have said they would love to talk but wont go near it purely because of the same reasons you have I assume.

However, the interviews are what they are and The Sun is a huge platform to expose dance music culture to areas of society that may not be so aware of it already, I for one think no matter what that is a good thing.

And of course I cannot deny it has done wonders for me personally, and has meant things are now possible that I never would have dreamed of so I'm going to ride it till the wheels fall off!

:-)

MR.EQ
  • Total Posts : 16956
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/02/24 09:42:16 (permalink)
Furry muff mate, big up! 

SIGS, EVERYTHING SIGS.
LeonBlue
LeonBlue
Fiend.
  • Total Posts : 993
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/03/21 13:15:27 (permalink)
LeonBlue
Fully understand that and fair enough.

To me it was / is / has been a massive opportunity, which I have enjoyed every step of the way. There's many people who have expressed the same opinion and I get it completely.

A couple of artists have said they would love to talk but wont go near it purely because of the same reasons you have I assume.

However, the interviews are what they are and The Sun is a huge platform to expose dance music culture to areas of society that may not be so aware of it already, I for one think no matter what that is a good thing.

And of course I cannot deny it has done wonders for me personally, and has meant things are now possible that I never would have dreamed of so I'm going to ride it till the wheels fall off!

:-)

Fair play that.

Now when's the Limewax interview due??

...is this what you want???
LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/03/22 17:21:15 (permalink)
Cheers

Some of the darker / heavier acts have shown interest actually as have their agents - just a matter of time and whats already planned! There's some really cool stuff ahead actually, will post here as and when
LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/04/07 09:41:40 (permalink)
I went to Ministry last week to chat to Subfocus ahead of his headline set at Together this week on the Dolby Atmos system, video below with full written interview to follow afterwards:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/s...ic-with-Sub-Focus.html

LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/08/04 20:04:51 (permalink)
Evening....

after a bit of a break heres the latest Clubz interview with Roni Size ahead of The Social Festival this September in Maidstone, check it out and see what you think :-)

http://bit.ly/2aWtNJj

Thanks

Ash
LeonBlue
LHC
  • Total Posts : 5803
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/08/06 23:10:47 (permalink)
Nice one cheers, interesting as ever.

Out of interest, how/why do interviews about jungle and non-pop D&B end up in the Sun/on their website? I can't imagine their target audience being real Junglist Souljahs. I can vaguely see it with Roni Size because he was biggish years ago but you've interviewed some more underground names as well.
LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/08/08 12:57:31 (permalink)
LHC
Nice one cheers, interesting as ever.

Out of interest, how/why do interviews about jungle and non-pop D&B end up in the Sun/on their website? I can't imagine their target audience being real Junglist Souljahs. I can vaguely see it with Roni Size because he was biggish years ago but you've interviewed some more underground names as well.

Valid question - well long story short, the guy who started the feature works for The Sun in another capacity and had the initiative to start 'Clubz' through his love for House and Techno music, given that he runs a label and regularly DJs etc.

That was a number of years ago and since then the feature has gathered lots of momentum and as it's popularity and reach has grown, it made sense to include DnB artists and those from other genres too.

Through writing my own content for different events I've been involved with or have promoted myself, I was asked if I would initially write the questions for the first Andy C interview I did, for some one else to actually do the interview but as luck would have it, they couldn't in the end and I could, so here we are today.

As for which acts are featured, it really depends on what is happening and when - I don't really get involved in that side of things so much but have made a number of suggestions as the opportunity was there.

The feedback has been really good throughout and lots of people are surprised that The Sun covers DnB so comprehensively and that includes the artists themselves too.

LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/09/16 14:44:06 (permalink)
Goldie was in town at the weekend for his performance at The Social Festival and wanted to set the record straight about the closure of Fabric and the comments he made about his MBE...

Check out the vid here:

https://www.facebook.com/...?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE
LeonBlue
LeonBlue
LeonBlue
LeonBlue
LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/10/20 09:22:17 (permalink)
Here's a promo mix I've done for the Clubz page and ahead of this Saturday's event in Maidstone, check it out...

https://www.mixcloud.com/...b-mix-exclusive-clubz/
Jamie S23
  • Total Posts : 16021
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/10/20 13:15:31 (permalink)
LeonBlue
Evening....

after a bit of a break heres the latest Clubz interview with Roni Size ahead of The Social Festival this September in Maidstone, check it out and see what you think :-)

http://bit.ly/2aWtNJj

Thanks

Ash

So many cheesy puns in this 

Good read though
LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/10/20 15:45:48 (permalink)
Cheese you say?

Really good talking to him actually, it was in the pipeline for ages and it went really well, when he shared it - he tweeted saying it was the best interview he had ever done, go me!
Jamie S23
  • Total Posts : 16021
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/10/21 07:53:38 (permalink)
LeonBlue
Cheese you say?

Really good talking to him actually, it was in the pipeline for ages and it went really well, when he shared it - he tweeted saying it was the best interview he had ever done, go me!

Yeah pretty cheesy, it's well written though. Only thing I would say is you're still capitalising genres.

Nice to get some feedback from Roni, that must have been rewarding.
LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2016/10/21 08:34:10 (permalink)
Haha fair enough! Cheesey does it...

And yeah I do that intentionally, thanks for the feedback tho
LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2017/02/07 16:10:40 (permalink)
Bump ^

The Andy C interview is written up and will be published asap...will link here
LeonBlue
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 20257
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2017/02/14 16:44:03 (permalink)
Good read, that. The guy's passion for the music really comes across in his interviews. 

You've got a spelling mistake though, mate. You've put "exert" instead of "exerpt". Although to be fair I heard Andy use that word on his Beats1 show and he pronounces it "exert".
post edited by gutlessrhyme - 2017/02/14 17:05:57

LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2017/02/14 17:03:52 (permalink)
so there is, that's made it through quite a rigorous spellcheck regime too - thanks for noting it, ill ask for it to be changed.

And thanks!
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0