Helpful ReplyHot!The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 6
Author
Sheriff Lobo
  • Total Posts : 2424
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/05 11:34:34 (permalink)
^^ High Society made a loss??!!! .... I didn't think that album was too shabby.
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 6826
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/05 11:38:20 (permalink)
High Society is a pretty good album imo. it's uneven, yes, but there are a few absolute classics on there. he went quite quickly downhill after that though.
Daniel Snakeman
  • Total Posts : 31776
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/05 11:39:56 (permalink)
I think Tough Guys Don't Dance is definitely up there with his best stuff

Tread Softly
GOJP
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

etc
Grade
  • Total Posts : 18014
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/05 11:42:17 (permalink)
Snakey

Tread Softly
GOJP
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

etc

Probably the one I liked the most tbh

Stamina MC
  • Total Posts : 17153
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/05 11:49:58 (permalink)
That Bensley track is a curious thing indeed. I very much prefer it to the "main room" sound that's so fuddamuckin' prevalent these days, but while I very much respect that it's somewhat musical and sounds less like other stuff around, I can't say I outright like it as it doesn't really make me feel anything — it's all very pleasant but not particularly 'vibey', and the choice of sounds is maybe a little too familiar... Hmmm. Will check out more of his stuff if I come across it though.
Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 27023
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/05 11:52:26 (permalink)
Sheriff Lobo

Sample clearance bit them in the ass.
Law
  • Total Posts : 62896
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/05 11:53:20 (permalink)
gavinx
High Society is a pretty good album imo. it's uneven, yes, but there are a few absolute classics on there

Yeah there is three or four really good tracks. Lovesick and, Brief Encounter and Persistence Of Memory especially.

The title track though lol
gavinx
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/05 12:06:32 (permalink)
Grade
Snakey

Tread Softly
GOJP
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

etc

these three are fantastic but none of the others really did much for me tbh. i liked If We Ever at first, but it got quickly overplayed to death

i think Twilight's Last Gleaming is probably the best thing he ever did...that or the FSOL remix anyway. then all of True Colours is just great. 
Sheriff Lobo
  • Total Posts : 2424
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/05 12:41:06 (permalink)
Smokey McPot
Sheriff Lobo

Sample clearance bit them in the ass.

Oh, I see ... that makes more sense. I guess Lincoln's not really to blame for that tho, you'd think Hospital would've checked all that out before releasing.

They definitely should have dropped him once they heard the very first note of Agony and the Earache, unfortunately, the first note wasn't silent, it was bloody awful.

Smokey McPot
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/05 13:13:06 (permalink)
gavinx
Grade
Snakey

Tread Softly
GOJP
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

etc

these three are fantastic but none of the others really did much for me tbh. i liked If We Ever at first, but it got quickly overplayed to death

i think Twilight's Last Gleaming is probably the best thing he ever did...that or the FSOL remix anyway. then all of True Colours is just great. 

Let's not forget No Soul remix too. What a tune.
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 21062
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/05 13:24:55 (permalink)
Its funny how most of the bigger DJs that are earning decent money playing this EDM plastic guetta-esque nonsense are also praising it as the best thing since sliced bread. Yet all the non-famous/bedroom DJs I know all think it's dogshit.

I love(d) Andy C but I think he's lying out of his arse. I refuse to believe he really likes this stuff, he's just got his label hat on.

gavinx
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/05 13:36:37 (permalink)
Smokey McPot
gavinx
Grade
Snakey

Tread Softly
GOJP
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

etc

Let's not forget No Soul remix too. What a tune.

oh yes! not heard that one in a while... stunning piece of music
LeonBlue
  • Total Posts : 4685
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/09 08:57:48 (permalink)
Morning

I am interviewing Noisia this week and thought I'd see if theres any questions people would like me to ask? I've got some good regulars ones that have got good responses so far, but not knwoing too much about them beyond enjoying their tunes i wondered if theres any speficic ones people think are worthwhile.

As long as they aren't just offensive or stupid and are likely to provide some interesting answers or insight then ill chuck them in too...

Cheers

;-)

Smokey McPot
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/09 09:00:26 (permalink)
Find out about their studio. It looks cool. 
LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/20 09:08:44 (permalink)
Morning all...

@ Smokey - I asked them about their studio as you suggested and they went in to some detail in their answer too...

This is the link for the full interview online and its also featured in todays paper;

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/clubz/6368060/Curiosity-is-essential-to-discover-new-sounds.html

This is the one I did with Randall:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/clubz/6130900/Im-getting-back-into-production-in-a-big-way.html

and 2Shy:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/clubz/6328171/Learning-to-read-the-crowd-is-key.html

Check em out ;-)

Smokey McPot
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/20 09:14:01 (permalink)
LeonBlue
Morning all...

@ Smokey - I asked them about their studio as you suggested and they went in to some detail in their answer too...

This is the link for the full interview online and its also featured in todays paper;

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/clubz/6368060/Curiosity-is-essential-to-discover-new-sounds.html

Oh nice one!
Smokey McPot
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/03/20 09:15:24 (permalink)
Bloody paywall.
LeonBlue
LeonBlue
WombRaider
  • Total Posts : 7449
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/04/04 01:46:40 (permalink)
Meh not signed up to sun app
Arcadian
  • Total Posts : 1305
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/04/04 02:29:54 (permalink)
so threads are sponsored now and you have to pay to read content externally. super.
LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/04/04 14:08:35 (permalink)
Not by me, and only linked it here for those that are signed up, when enough time passes I'll add the others but have been asked not to yet otherwise I would have
LeonBlue
Cherno Samba
  • Total Posts : 2387
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/04/15 12:09:10 (permalink)
Can you tell us about your favourite gig(s) so far?

I was playing over in Brazil and the next day there was a peace festival with about 30 thousand people walking down this road and I was asked to DJ on one of the buses so I said yeah great.

There were loads of buses in procession, and DJ Marky appeared on another one and the organisers said his bus has got to go in front of yours so we stopped to let him go past.

We were moving slowly due to all the people on the ground, so there was about ten minutes past where were beside each other and I was playing music and he started scratching over the top of it, it was absolutely magical and it was one of the things that will never happen again, it was amazing.

Thousands of people around us and there’s me and Marky waving at each other, we both worked out there was no point in clashing so we just kinda clicked and it was like wow, what a moment – there’s been loads of good ones of course but that really stands out.

LeonBlue
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/04/15 12:46:50 (permalink)
DrumBongo
Can you tell us about your favourite gig(s) so far?

I was playing over in Brazil and the next day there was a peace festival with about 30 thousand people walking down this road and I was asked to DJ on one of the buses so I said yeah great.

There were loads of buses in procession, and DJ Marky appeared on another one and the organisers said his bus has got to go in front of yours so we stopped to let him go past.

We were moving slowly due to all the people on the ground, so there was about ten minutes past where were beside each other and I was playing music and he started scratching over the top of it, it was absolutely magical and it was one of the things that will never happen again, it was amazing.

Thousands of people around us and there’s me and Marky waving at each other, we both worked out there was no point in clashing so we just kinda clicked and it was like wow, what a moment – there’s been loads of good ones of course but that really stands out.

That version has been edited as the original was a fair bit longer and there's a couple of errors too! I'll up my original later.
Stamina MC
  • Total Posts : 17153
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/04/15 23:36:49 (permalink)
^ Think I was there that year, 'Parada Da Paz', it was called. Looked a bit like this:

Grade
  • Total Posts : 18014
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/04/16 01:55:33 (permalink)
gavinx

get him in for a two hour b2b with goldie at the next headz history sessions night imo

This would be awful. Goldie can't mix and Andy would be there churning them out every minute like the Terminator.

I would love to book Andy C to do an all night, all vinyl, no cheese classics set. 5 or 6 hours, two decks (or three decks but with a minimal teasing policy). If i had the money it's something I'd genuinely love to do - I'd cough up 10k for it if I could.
I also think you could make a decent little mini tour out of the idea as well - charge a premium for tickets and market it as more of a limited edition night. But the reality is there's probably just a lot more money to be made doing what he's doing now so he wouldn't even consider it.
post edited by Grade - 2015/04/16 01:59:23

gavinx
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/04/16 10:25:24 (permalink)
i don't agree. i've them together a few times now and the vibes have been immense. bye!
Ascension
  • Total Posts : 6279
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/04/16 12:45:03 (permalink)
I remember seeing Andy C b2b Marky at The End years ago and imagining it was going to be one of the best things ever... it really didn't pan out that way and wasn't a huge set of attempted oneupmanship like I was expecting.
MR.EQ
  • Total Posts : 17050
Re: The Sun's Clubz interview with Andy C 2015/04/16 13:41:51 (permalink)
Ascension
I remember seeing Andy C b2b Marky at The End years ago and imagining it was going to be one of the best things ever... it really didn't pan out that way and wasn't a huge set of attempted oneupmanship like I was expecting.

It was fucking wizard though, I thought anyway. 

SIGS, EVERYTHING SIGS.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 6
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0