AnsweredHot!Better Call Saul

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 18
Author
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 30592
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/10 23:17:07 (permalink)
Sick.

21 21
  • Total Posts : 5892
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/10 23:58:59 (permalink)
Heavy episode. Nice.
Johnny Quest
  • Total Posts : 9187
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/11 00:08:31 (permalink)
Credit where credit's due, it finally getting intriguing. 

Absolutely no thrills in the previous, it was about Jimmy doing normal lawyer things and some yawn shit with his brother in hospital. May as well go watch neighbours if that stuff satisfies you.

Pr0ps
  • Total Posts : 17397
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/11 14:30:05 (permalink)
Mike is a g, enjoyed that episode.
Buscemi Eyes
  • Total Posts : 2956
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/11 17:22:28 (permalink)
Johnny Quest

May as well go watch neighbours if that stuff satisfies you.

Why do people always post shit like this? Complete bollocks.

I think this show has some serious potential. That episode almost came from nowhere. Completely gripping from start to finish.

What's the deal with the 'Special message from Saul' thing that keeps popping up after each episode? There was one a couple of episodes ago that said something along the lines of "next week I'll be in the desert, in a courtroom, or in the desert..." which turned out not to be the case at all.
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 12692
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/11 17:43:24 (permalink)
Woke up this morning, first thing in my head was poor old Mike breaking up over Matty, mentioned it to the Missus and she was the same. It was like a little film last night, everything was note perfect.

One of the best walk ons was the Vet, amiable, babyfaced, amusing, blatantly corrupt motherfucker... "I can get you a plastic cone for your neck". Yeah I'm getting a stiffy over this show now

tuffers.ro
  • Total Posts : 1580
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/11 17:55:42 (permalink)
sauvage
Breaking bad was pretty slow/boring

Yeah, slower than The English Patient

Sopranos was the king of episode fillers, just constant irrelevant mafia beatings on characters we barely know and never hear of again.

RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 94604
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/11 17:57:59 (permalink)
This is officially the worst thread on the forum
RUSSELL CLARTY
  • Total Posts : 12692
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/11 17:59:13 (permalink)
tuffers.ro
sauvage

Sopranos was the king of episode fillers, just constant irrelevant mafia beatings on characters we barely know and never hear of again.

It kind of lost it's way after Richie Aprile bought the farm, and didn't really get up to speed again until Phil was a threat. Plenty of fantastic stand alone episodes though (what series was "Pine Barrens"? Shit like that).

RAYZA
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/11 19:09:29 (permalink)
Episode 6 was a bit good
Johnny Quest
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/11 19:16:30 (permalink)
Jungle Dave
tuffers.ro
sauvage

It kind of lost it's way after Richie Aprile bought the farm, and didn't really get up to speed again until Phil was a threat. Plenty of fantastic stand alone episodes though (what series was "Pine Barrens"? Shit like that).

Season 3.

One of my favourite episodes of anything, ever.

Paulie and Chris spinning the fuck out in the woods was always going to be brilliant. 
Handsome B Wonderful
  • Total Posts : 11986
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/11 19:32:17 (permalink)
Johnny Quest
One of my favourite episodes of anything, ever.

Definitely. Perfect TV
Grade
  • Total Posts : 18350
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/11 21:13:34 (permalink)
Finally an interesting episode, and unsurprisingly it was the first one that didn't focus solely on Saul... 
I still have no idea where they're going with this show though, what's the premise? Will it just be a series of short plotlines revolving around Saul and his dodgy clients (this would get boring pretty quickly) or will it go off on a tangent into something completely different...

RAYZA
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/11 21:23:07 (permalink)
Once Gus is on the scene shit will get real. The possibilities are endless.
Arcadian
  • Total Posts : 1626
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/11 23:19:25 (permalink)
Sick episode. Would like to know if it was as good as everyone is saying if you haven't watched bb.

First couple seasons are just gonna be about his descent (or rise) from Jimmy mcgill to Saul goodman mirroring Walt to Heisenberg. Pretty obvious until they pass the bb timeline
skint
  • Total Posts : 1268
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/12 10:01:36 (permalink)
Razor
Once Gus is on the scene shit will get real. The possibilities are endless.

post edited by skint - 2015/03/12 10:02:56
Gloxxy
  • Total Posts : 5711
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/12 10:23:54 (permalink)
Mike's back story was always going to be more interesting than Saul's.

Episode was pretty good and Jonathan Banks is a quality actor.
21 21
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/17 21:25:41 (permalink)
47 minutes of fucking superb entertainment.

That episode was awesome. The characters are all starting to click and the writing is back to the clever, well thought out work seen in Breaking Bad.

It's been slow to get going but it's finally getting it's own style and identity.

Love it.

Also love how he always answers his work phone as an Irish secretary. 
MellowHype
  • Total Posts : 6142
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/17 22:04:54 (permalink)
I watched the episode "Better Call Saul" from season 2 of Breaking Bad. It's a great episode, they could use so much from it to tie in with this series. 

When Walt and Jessie are masked up threatening Saul to not let Badger grass to the DEA, Saul thinks it's some Mexicans he's crossed. Wonder if the writers bring those characters in.

Oversight
  • Total Posts : 1196
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/17 22:42:19 (permalink)
Really enjoying it. The last two episodes have been quality. Mike is a dappa.
Handsome B Wonderful
  • Total Posts : 11986
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/17 23:06:43 (permalink)
Think the last episode went back to the same tedious pacing imo. Decent storyline but drags on, thought it was picking up a bit
Oversight
  • Total Posts : 1196
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/17 23:21:03 (permalink)
I dunno, there's enough going on to keep me interested. Like has already been said there is a big difference between caining a box set over a couple of days and waiting a week between episodes (personally I like watching a series in as short a space of time as possible, we're just watching this "live" for the novelty tbh )

I got into BB really really late and as such watched it all pretty quickly, was it seen as being as good when the first series was being aired as it is now? if that makes sense.
Johnny Quest
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/17 23:46:03 (permalink)
I'm not too sure about this box set theory.

Game of thrones drums up plenty of excitement/story telling in one episode (yes I know there's more time)
S8
  • Total Posts : 19331
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/18 09:45:54 (permalink)
I enjoyed yesterdays, it is building up a nice picture of how he ended up as Saul now.  You now see he had big ambitions and principals, but he has already started to bend them by using Mike like he did.

Not sure where the next few episodes will head, now we are into the second half of the season!
Booberella
  • Total Posts : 12553
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/18 10:48:22 (permalink)
Yah, I watched it and found it entertaining, but I found the Kettlemans SO jarring, especially the wife's face. It was kinda silly at the end when Jimmy goes to visit them after Mike has procured the money. There is a SLIGHT cheese factor to this show that people would see if only they removed their BB tinted glasses.

Nevertheless, I will continue to watch.
post edited by metzie - 2015/03/18 12:09:36
Grade
  • Total Posts : 18350
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/18 11:57:55 (permalink)
The Kettleman storyline is necessary for character and plot development but it's pretty dry, they could've come up with something more interesting as a vehicle for Saul's backstory than a crooked councilman or whatever he is.

21 21
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/18 19:59:26 (permalink)
metzie
There is a SLIGHT cheese factor to this show that people would see if only they removed their BB tinted glasses.

There was a slight cheese factor to BB as well. Nobody is claiming this is some sort of deep, meaningful show (as far as I can see anyway). It's just got the same clever writing as BB and the further it goes on, the more that will start to shine through.

Booberella
  • Total Posts : 12553
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/19 12:20:25 (permalink)
dazdsb
metzie
There is a SLIGHT cheese factor to this show that people would see if only they removed their BB tinted glasses.

There was a slight cheese factor to BB as well. Nobody is claiming this is some sort of deep, meaningful show (as far as I can see anyway). It's just got the same clever writing as BB and the further it goes on, the more that will start to shine through.

Yes, fair point. When there is hype about a show I tend to infer that people think it is credible. I have a personal aversion to cheese that detracts from the credibility for me. But not enough to stop watching. Yet.
wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20219
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/19 12:24:52 (permalink)
decent episode, but slow. 

no
RAYZA
Re: Better Call Saul 2015/03/23 06:50:16 (permalink)
The Kettlemans were fucking annoying in that episode
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 18
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0