Helpful ReplyHot!Minor things that bother you v3.0

Page: << < ..781782783784785.. > >> Showing page 785 of 791
Author
KNUCKLES
  • Total Posts : 14484
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 11:21:32 (permalink)
Duderonomy
After 3 months wearing a dashiki around east Asia, ******** returned to his spiritual home of Berlin to complete his musical dream of melding the gravitational movements of the galaxy with a system of counting to ten using cubits first employed in early Mesopatamia. Armed with an SPC, field recordings of "found sound", and a steady supply of organic skinny iced lattes, ******** has crafted an otherworldly insight into his gap year that mum & daddy paid for.

Music reviews that tell me about where the twat lives, some mystical experience they had, or their personal philosophy or political inclinations - my reaction to reviews like this is to ignore the record as it feels like bullshit bluster to distract from talking about the music. If the music was good, that's all the review would be talking about.

********* = John B?

Griff
  • Total Posts : 8368
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 11:35:41 (permalink)
Mulla
Griff
dimdum
My body's inability to self regulate temperature without breaking out into a sweaty mess. Especially in this no mans land that is the gap between summer and winter. Where you don't know if it will be cold or warm. Bought a new coat because it was getting cold standing for the bus at 7:30am. Yet as soon as I've walked to the tube, I'm boiling hot. Even if I take it off to hold. By the time I've walked to the office. Yep. HOT.

"Causal Friday" today so thought I'd wear a thin sweatshirt but no. HOT.

It's the tube that gets me. Even if I've only got 2-3 stops. If it's packed my body panicks and start to sweat in some stupid attempt to cool down. I wish I was a robot and could control my own settings

Yeah me too   Big up all the over-active sweat gland crew.

Just walked 10 mins to my office?  Sweat out. 

Got a bit nervous?  Sweat out. 

Unfortunately I have passed these gene onto my son too, he is constantly sweaty.  He even seems to have sweat glands in his nose, always has little beads of sweat on his nose lol.  Poor sod. 

Not sure it'd be good for your son, but have you tried Driclor mate? I used to be a sweaty fuck, but now just put this on before bed (it's like a roll on deoderant) once every couple of weeks and it's sorted the problem right out. 

I haven't mate, but I will give it a go, if it helps then that's gotta be a good thing.  I presume it only works on armpits though, as it's a roll on?  Weirdly it seems to be other areas where I get it badly, my chest and my forehead being the main two problem areas. 

Wearing a suit kills me, it's like I get anxiety about the sweating, knowing that I will start sweating, the anxiety makes me start to sweat, so that it starts even whilst I'm putting a suit on, and by the time it's on I'm a mess usually.  Lol.  What a mess of a man. 
LHC
  • Total Posts : 5944
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 11:43:26 (permalink)
I also sweat far too readily. Thanks for the recommendation on that Driclor stuff.
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 21016
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 11:46:08 (permalink)
Lol you sweaty freaks.

Only time my sweating bothers me is during stressful situations like important meetings/interviews in the old armpits but it's barely ever enough to be recognised on my shirt.

I'm not surprised though, it baffles me the amount of people you see walking round in dark hoodies in the middle of summer. One sniff of sunshine and I've got my flip flops on.

Hector Savage
  • Total Posts : 2824
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 11:46:17 (permalink)
I used to suffer really bad hyperhydrosis as well. I've used Driclor, sweat patches for t-shirts etc...Driclor is good for a few goes but you become immune pretty quickly. This is good stuff...

Don't really get it anymore tbh. I found the sweating stopped massively when I cut down my alcohol/drug intake. It is a vicious circle though, sweating cos you're anxious, anxious cos you're sweating etc... I found these patches/manpons helped with anxiety/worrying;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Axilla-shield-underarm-sweat-pads-unsightly/dp/B00VGAUNPA

Although judging by the amount of drugs you all do in the feels thread, it's no wonder you're all sweaty freaks.

Marcus-Darkus
  • Total Posts : 13490
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 11:49:05 (permalink)
I used to hate walking back from home after my lunch break into a hot office in the winter, used to sweat out hard. I am the same with shopping centres. I really don't miss that.

People who have their heating on incredibly high in the winter is annoying too, sweating more in the winter than the summer is embarrassing.

The Sun I seem to be a lot more ok with.

post edited by Marcus-Darkus - 2017/10/13 11:51:52

Mad P - "On the second day of Christmas
my true love sent to me,
Afghani Black on a big rock the living mampi."

Hector Savage
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 11:52:20 (permalink)
Went to the doctors about it once and they recommended renting one of these things...

https://iontoderma.co/

I didn't bother with it in the end.
dazdsb
  • Total Posts : 4695
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 11:55:32 (permalink)
I run hot anyway but it's definitely some sort of subconscious headfuckery that causes it. It'll normally be situations like meetings where I know if I sweat it'll be visible on my shirt. I'm not a nervous guy at all but I think subconsciously I'm a bit introverted so even though I've taught myself to be outgoing over the years through work etc. I still have this nervousness in the back of my mind that causes me to sweat.

Having said that, it happens sometimes on super busy / warm places like the tube / other public transport. I think that's both that it's hot and also I don't like to be too packed into places.

Either way, it sucks.
Griff
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 11:57:40 (permalink)
Sanitary towels for the pits! Lol.

And I don't think it's drug related, I've always had it, I've had years in my adult life where I haven't been taking drugs, it's never been better or worse, just constant.

However, when I'm on drugs it's a different story.  Constant sweating, it's fine in a rave or whatever cos everyone is, but when you're at someone's yard getting on it and half the people are cold with hoodies on etc, and I'm sat there in a tshirt with sweat pouring off my forehead, it's a bit embarrassing lol
Subsurface
  • Total Posts : 15203
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 12:03:49 (permalink)
Griff
Mulla
Griff
dimdum
My body's inability to self regulate temperature without breaking out into a sweaty mess. Especially in this no mans land that is the gap between summer and winter. Where you don't know if it will be cold or warm. Bought a new coat because it was getting cold standing for the bus at 7:30am. Yet as soon as I've walked to the tube, I'm boiling hot. Even if I take it off to hold. By the time I've walked to the office. Yep. HOT.

It's the tube that gets me. Even if I've only got 2-3 stops. If it's packed my body panicks and start to sweat in some stupid attempt to cool down. I wish I was a robot and could control my own settings

Unfortunately I have passed these gene onto my son too, he is constantly sweaty.  He even seems to have sweat glands in his nose, always has little beads of sweat on his nose lol.  Poor sod. 

Not sure it'd be good for your son, but have you tried Driclor mate? I used to be a sweaty fuck, but now just put this on before bed (it's like a roll on deoderant) once every couple of weeks and it's sorted the problem right out. 

I haven't mate, but I will give it a go, if it helps then that's gotta be a good thing.  I presume it only works on armpits though, as it's a roll on?  Weirdly it seems to be other areas where I get it badly, my chest and my forehead being the main two problem areas. 

Wearing a suit kills me, it's like I get anxiety about the sweating, knowing that I will start sweating, the anxiety makes me start to sweat, so that it starts even whilst I'm putting a suit on, and by the time it's on I'm a mess usually.  Lol.  What a mess of a man. 

Driclor works anywhere. When I was in Thailand I had to apply it to my chest I was sweating so much.

I don't get sweaty under normal conditions though really. Except when I first had driving lessons. I sweated through the armpits of a fucking hoody. 
gutlessrhyme
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 12:04:25 (permalink)
dazdsb
I'm not a nervous guy at all but I think subconsciously I'm a bit introverted so even though I've taught myself to be outgoing over the years through work etc. I still have this nervousness in the back of my mind that causes me to sweat.

Same here

Hector Savage
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 12:19:28 (permalink)
I still get a bit of social anxiety from time to time. Used to be really bad. I used to feel the need to drink a few cans just to be able to go to the most basic of social meet ups.

I think I saw someone on here moaning about checking locked doors? Last weekend I left my house and didn't do my usual double check. The anxiety that i'd left it open built and built to the point where I almost felt physically sick. Did a bit of googling and it all pointed to  OCD.

I think its important to diagnose these psychological things as early as possible so you can train your mind to overcome it.
dimdum
  • Total Posts : 16370
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 12:34:01 (permalink)
Driclor is good for blocking the sweat glands....but it's gotta come out somewhere!!! Heard stories of peoples hands and face expelling all the sweat blocked elsewhere!
Hector Savage
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 12:38:09 (permalink)
Pete Donaldson of The Football Ramble fame recently paid to have an operation to stop him from sweating. He said it's the best money he's ever spent.

Although like Dimdum says above, I've read stories about it just redirecting the sweat to worse places.
Griff
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 12:38:36 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dazdsb 2017/10/13 13:38:35
dazdsb
I run hot anyway but it's definitely some sort of subconscious headfuckery that causes it. It'll normally be situations like meetings where I know if I sweat it'll be visible on my shirt. I'm not a nervous guy at all but I think subconsciously I'm a bit introverted so even though I've taught myself to be outgoing over the years through work etc. I still have this nervousness in the back of my mind that causes me to sweat.

Having said that, it happens sometimes on super busy / warm places like the tube / other public transport. I think that's both that it's hot and also I don't like to be too packed into places.

Either way, it sucks.

This is exactly me.  I'm not really a nervous or anxious person, nor do I suffer from anxiety particularly, but I do think I am subconsciously a bit introverted, and I have anxiety around certain situations without realising it, and it comes out in the form of sweat, lol.  And as soon as I notice it, then I get anxious about the sweat, and it becomes a vicious circle. 
gutlessrhyme
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 12:40:46 (permalink)
'ol tight the sweaty introvert crue

Griff
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 12:42:57 (permalink)
Big sweaty group hug guysh
Subsurface
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 12:43:21 (permalink)
dimdum
Driclor is good for blocking the sweat glands....but it's gotta come out somewhere!!! Heard stories of peoples hands and face expelling all the sweat blocked elsewhere!

I don't think it works like that. 
Whagwan
  • Total Posts : 22458
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 12:47:33 (permalink)
Subsurface
dimdum

I don't think it works like that. 

Shiverman
  • Total Posts : 11076
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 12:54:53 (permalink)
Tbf I've used that driclor stuff and it does make me feel like I'm going to have heat stroke
Law
  • Total Posts : 62888
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 12:55:52 (permalink)
I had some prescription shit like Driclor made my fucking pits itch and burn like mad. Maybe I put too much on? Should give it another go but it was fucking painful tbf. Left a rash for a couple of days etc
Shiverman
  • Total Posts : 11076
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 12:58:04 (permalink)
Yeah only put a bit on and build up, also need to be completely dry. It definitely works, just didn't feel great for me
Subsurface
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 12:59:27 (permalink)
Itches like a cunt to begin with, but you get used to it.
Law
  • Total Posts : 62888
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 13:06:36 (permalink)
This shit. Agony tbh

_Modus_
  • Total Posts : 4392
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 13:08:34 (permalink)
So DNBA is now full of gout sufferers and chronically sweaty bastards. 
dimdum
  • Total Posts : 16370
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 15:41:34 (permalink)
Griff
Mulla
Griff
dimdum

Yeah hate suits. Even more I hare people that can comfortably wear a suit jacket in the heat. I always take if off at the first opportunity. When I used to work in Vienna, we used to get taxis from the hotel to the office and back. In the summer when it hit 30 degrees we'd be packed into the taxi and my colleagues would happily be sat with their suit jackets on while I'm roasting away even in my shirt

Only last week I came to the client office after a hot tube and walk to the office where I kept my coat on as it was raining. Took my jacket off and my shirt was drenched in sweat. Couldn't even pretend to blame it on the rain. Luckily I got in early. So ran to the disabled loo to take it off and dry it with the Dyson dryer. Classy
Jimmy2Shoes
  • Total Posts : 5836
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 16:01:21 (permalink)
Gout&sweat arena
Gilf
  • Total Posts : 7244
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 17:11:28 (permalink)
I'm a mega-sweaty cunt too, used to be really self-conscious about it but I stopped giving a fuck years ago. 

My mate's sister used to get palmar hyperhidrosis real bad to the point she couldn't hold shit, everything just slipped out her hands, had an op to get rid, had some adverse effect and now she sweats like a glass-blower's arse all over but her hands are bone dry  poor girl.

Sig?
Syzlack_24
  • Total Posts : 9000
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 17:40:34 (permalink)
Quite nice to know that everyone on this forum is as sweaty as me tbh.

Also what the fuck is wrong with us
H. H. Holmes
  • Total Posts : 2826
Re: RE: Minor things that bother you v3.0 2017/10/13 17:45:29 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Syzlack_24 2017/10/13 18:52:04
Wonder why more women don't post on here 🤔
Page: << < ..781782783784785.. > >> Showing page 785 of 791
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0