AnsweredHot![FAQ]FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION

Page: << < ..866867 Showing page 867 of 867
Author
badder2
  • Total Posts : 1572
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/05/26 10:03:12 (permalink)
I will do a massive LOL if so 

Also 
dazdsb
With Pogba costing more than the entire Ajax 11 combined it shouldn't have ever really been in doubt. It's rather shit that a team who finished sixth in the league, a whole 7 points behind the next closest CL qualifier has pretty much bought their way into the CL by beating fairly low quality European teams - beating them unconvincingly at that. What a fairy-tale! 

SALTY 

This did crack me up still 

“I’m just glad it’s over,” he told Soccer on Sunday. “I rang Tim Sherwood before I took the job, and he said, ‘Don’t do it Brucey, it’s a zoo. The club stinks of death and the fans are all cross-eyed weirdos.’ I thought Tim was exaggerating, but the moment you walk into Villa Park, a terrible sadness comes over you. It’s like all the pain, the suffering, the humiliation of being Aston Villa — it’s thick in the air. You can physically taste it — a sort of broccoli flavour.”
post edited by badder2 - 2017/05/26 10:05:14
Geordie007
  • Total Posts : 18562
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/05/26 10:41:05 (permalink)
That's fucking amazing
mouse oxford
  • Total Posts : 1647
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/05/26 12:22:20 (permalink)
That whole article is incredible:

"Steve Bruce has sensationally resigned as manager of Aston Villa. Having initially steadied the ship, his departure now leaves the Birmingham club as bookie’s favourite to be relegated.

Bruce insists that he won’t be having second thoughts about his decision to walk away.

“I’m just glad it’s over,” he told Soccer on Sunday. “I rang Tim Sherwood before I took the job, and he said, ‘Don’t do it Brucey, it’s a zoo. The club stinks of death and the fans are all cross-eyed weirdos.’ I thought Tim was exaggerating, but the moment you walk into Villa Park, a terrible sadness comes over you. It’s like all the pain, the suffering, the humiliation of being Aston Villa — it’s thick in the air. You can physically taste it — a sort of broccoli flavour.”

“It’s the saddest place I’ve ever set foot,” added Bruce. “I did a tour of Auschwitz a few years back, but Villa Park is on a whole other level. If the stadium could speak, with everything that’s happened on the pitch I honestly believe it would say that it has suffered enough and just wants to die now. Bulldozing it would be a mercy killing.”

Former manager Tim Sherwood has wasted no time throwing his hat into the ring to replace Bruce.

“I’ll happily come home, like the Prodigy Son,” said the former Spurs midfielder. “And I deny calling Villa a ‘zoo’. Think Stevie must have had a couple of shandies when we spoke, or is back smoking crack again. I might have called Villa a spunk-encrusted hellhole, but I have too much respect for the work of zookeepers to be slagging off zoos. Especially to Brucey when he’s been on the pipe."

“I do admit calling Villa fans weirdos,” said Sherwood. “But deep down, aren’t we all weirdos? Last night I got down on all fours and sniffed my dog’s butt, to see if he’d think I was another dog. The missus walked in and thought something sexual was going on, so she scooped up the kids and moved in with her sister for the time being.”

“So as a weirdo myself, I understand exactly what makes Villa fans tick,” he added.
gavinx
  • Total Posts : 6239
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/05/26 12:58:53 (permalink)
man city signed bernado silva for about £43mill

west ham signed zabaleta (on a free i think)
mouse oxford
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/05/26 13:56:00 (permalink)
That Silva is some player. Ruined us two seasons in a row.
Law
  • Total Posts : 62057
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/05/26 14:11:01 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SKENGRIFFEYJR. 2017/05/26 15:22:21
I see City are strengthening where it's needed - attacking midfield positions 
badder2
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/05/26 14:20:26 (permalink)
They just fucking stockpile young talent dont they, aren't they offering yaya a new deal as well? 

How many midfielders does one sheik need? Answers on a postcard please 
Law
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/05/26 14:29:30 (permalink)
If they dont sign a genuine quality centre back (two really) and keeper, you can write them off for the league no matter who they get up top.

They have been beyond pathetic at the back at times this season.
mouse oxford
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/05/26 14:47:52 (permalink)
They need more than that I would say. The average age of their backline is about 32!

Short-termism from managers who know they're unlikely to be around in two seasons time.
Law
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/05/26 14:57:03 (permalink)
I dunno, if they got two quality centre backs and a goalie who could catch and save a shot, they'd be hard to stop. 
Gabriel Jesus looks like he's gonna be some fucking player.
badder2
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/05/26 15:01:06 (permalink)
Yeah he looks the business to be fair. They are in desperate need of a centreback or 2. 

That sanchez at ajax looks quality. 
frizzyd
  • Total Posts : 24549
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/05/26 15:05:24 (permalink)
Unless they are buying first, before they ship some of their midfield out and get ripped off in the transfer market when everyone knows they are sitting on loads of money? - Appreciate historically City have had money to burn but perhaps they are trying to run a tighter ship...

Navas you'd expect to be going, maybe Sterling, Delph, Nolito are heading out as well?
Law
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/05/26 15:14:42 (permalink)
Navas has been released hasnt he? Along with Caballero, Sagna and Clichy already. Probably all end up at West Ham lol

badder2
That sanchez at ajax looks quality. 

He looks sick, as does the other centre back, De Ligt, who's only 17. 

Would like Spurs to go after one of those.
frizzyd
  • Total Posts : 24549
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/05/26 15:17:12 (permalink)
Law
Navas has been released hasnt he? Along with Caballero, Sagna and Clichy already. Probably all end up at West Ham lol

Yes your right, perhaps there are more going than what they've published thus far...i.e. ones with actual resell value!!!
mouse oxford
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/05/26 21:22:57 (permalink)

Page: << < ..866867 Showing page 867 of 867
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0