AnsweredHot![FAQ]FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION

Page: << < ..786 Showing page 786 of 786
Author
SW14
  • Total Posts : 7385
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/02/24 18:46:22 (permalink)
That's not the last thing he said about him and you wanted Claudio out you dog.
dazdsb
  • Total Posts : 3569
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/02/24 18:56:29 (permalink)
No, it wasn't the last words to exit his mouth but it was hardly a lifetime ago. And yes, it's quite possible to want Ranieri gone and still like and respect the man for his amazing achievements. Just because he has been sacked doesn't mean I'm full of joy - it's a regretful situation but with the best interests of the club at heart. 

MF182
  • Total Posts : 5589
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/02/24 19:15:55 (permalink)
dazdsb

Class right up until the end. Such a shame it had to end the way it did. Fucking football, eh. 

Come in for a hug Ranners. x

Ouch!

Right in the real feels there.

Will always be a legend. He will be missed.

dreamworld
  • Total Posts : 3314
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/02/24 19:18:38 (permalink)
I hope they've commissioned a statue already lol
MF182
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/02/24 19:25:09 (permalink)
dreamworld
I hope they've commissioned a statue already lol

Of Nigel Pearson and Steve Walsh perhaps ?

mouse
  • Total Posts : 1554
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/02/24 19:25:13 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dazdsb 2017/02/24 19:38:15
Some great posts on the last couple of pages.

Law
There's no room for sentiment left in football. Yeah it's kind of satisfying to stick the boot in on the likes of MF182, but like Daz said, if it was your club you'd probably feel different. 

I'm adamant that half the stick that Leicester have got on here is down to that insufferable pricks behaviour, so its been coming. 

dazdsb

No mate, the media are loving this. This is exactly what they want. Well, actually - immediate relegation is exactly what they want. That's the perfect ending to their media 'fairytale' - plucky old little Leicester come up, stay up, win the title, get relegated. Perfect fucking news day. 

Ranieri being sacked is the second best thing they could have hoped for. A new reason to stick the knife into Leicester. You only had to look at their coverage up until the Man City game last year - they were absolutely invested in the idea of us fucking it up - falling away from the top, the papers, the pundits - they couldn't wait for it to turn to shit. But then, after the Man City game - they realised it might actually happen, so they all started to get on board with it - the 'fairytale', suddenly they were behind us - it sold more newspapers. 

The media are everything that is wrong with football. 

Also, the timing is about as appropriate as it could have been. Things have been shit for ages and the owners have waited until the first knock-out game of the CL. We lost - albeit an expected result but we lost due to more confusion and weird tactics. We practised a 451 all week with Gray in the team and literally hours before the game Ranieri went back to 442 with Musa. The players were apparently absolutely baffled. He was a dead man walking after the limp dick performance at Swansea but I think the owners wanted to give him the CL game to see if he could win it and inspire one last spark. 

It's not even the fact we're losing games, it's the manner in which we're losing them. We've been battered 3-0, 4-0 - multiple times. Even under Pearson in the 'great-escape' season we never lost by more than 2 goals. 

It it what it is, but I don't think anyone really has the right to get on a high moral ground about any of it. The same shit happens at every fucking club and thankfully, finally Law has backed me up in saying that were the shoe on the other foot then you'd probably all be feeling very similar. 

The same media that labelled us as the bad guys last season for daring to try and stand in the way of your fairytale, even though in reality we where never in the race.

They love to build you up so that they can tear you down and I've been banging on about how they are responsible for the ridiculous levels of over expectation and negativity that exist in football support for years now.

We go from a daring young squad of home grown title contenders to a club in crisis and back again in the space of a week sometimes. 

Its all hunky dory when your flavour of the month though. 
Noc
  • Total Posts : 18632
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/02/24 21:13:14 (permalink)
Winds me up when people refer to "the media" as some kind of hive mind entity all following some sinister agenda and pushing an identical narrative.

Trust me, it's impossible to get everyone singing from the same hymn sheet within a single newspaper, let alone the hundreds of thousands of papers, websites, TV and radio stations around the world.

Of course some journalists are going to try to spin a story to create a bit of drama, and certain tropes and cliches get trotted out repeatedly but there's if you think there's any kind of "media" conspiracy for or against any club, you're paranoid and/or deluded.
Travs
  • Total Posts : 201
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/02/24 21:34:59 (permalink)
Got to agree with DazSB here...

I dislike Leicester quite a lot, they are 20 mins up the road, and a few years ago we were miles above them, now they are winning the league and in Europe, whilst we are staring relegation to the 4th division in the face...

But the sacking is hardly surprising in today's game. Yes the timing is a bit strange. What really irritates me though, is the attitude of 'big club' fans who think they are the only people who can be disgruntled at their side's poor form. Arsenal fans shitting themselves about being 4th in the league. Manchester United fans slating Leicester, but spent the last few years howling for their previous managers to get the sack because they are not in title contention.

I do hope Leicester get relegated, but it's just local rivalry (and I'd much rather Sunderland went down, the total fucking wankers), but I'd love to see Leicester go a bit further in Europe and rub a few of the big teams noses in it.

Meanwhile a win tomorrow and we can potentially be off the bottom of division 3. Lose and we are probably fucked.
post edited by Travs - 2017/02/24 21:36:31
mouse
  • Total Posts : 1554
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/02/24 22:29:31 (permalink)
Noc
Winds me up when people refer to "the media" as some kind of hive mind entity all following some sinister agenda and pushing an identical narrative.

Trust me, it's impossible to get everyone singing from the same hymn sheet within a single newspaper, let alone the hundreds of thousands of papers, websites, TV and radio stations around the world.

Of course some journalists are going to try to spin a story to create a bit of drama, and certain tropes and cliches get trotted out repeatedly but there's if you think there's any kind of "media" conspiracy for or against any club, you're paranoid and/or deluded.

It's nothing to do with conspiracy. No ones saying there is a defined agenda (although i'm sure certain Institutions have their motives). Its to do, like most things in the modern world, with money.

Print media is dwindling. People consume media in different ways and aren't as reliant on the traditional purveyors. Papers need circulation. Websites want hits. Controversy and familiar rhetoric sells papers / gets hits. Some outlets are more ethical about how they attempt to cover /  generate / fabricate that content than others. 

I appreciate you will be protective of your profession, i agree "the media" is probably is too broad a term. The Leveson enquiry may have been a massive waste of money in terms of changing legislation but at least it brought to peoples attention the degree of corruption and general scumabaggery that exists within large sections of the media in the UK. 

Happy Birthday btw.... 
post edited by mouse - 2017/02/24 22:31:45
SW14
  • Total Posts : 7385
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/02/24 22:47:12 (permalink)
Travs

I dislike Leicester quite a lot, they are 20 mins up the road, and a few years ago we were miles above them, now they are winning the league and in Europe, whilst we are staring relegation to the 4th division in the face...

But the sacking is hardly surprising in today's game. Yes the timing is a bit strange. What really irritates me though, is the attitude of 'big club' fans who think they are the only people who can be disgruntled at their side's poor form. Arsenal fans shitting themselves about being 4th in the league. Manchester United fans slating Leicester, but spent the last few years howling for their previous managers to get the sack because they are not in title contention.

I do hope Leicester get relegated, but it's just local rivalry (and I'd much rather Sunderland went down, the total fucking wankers), but I'd love to see Leicester go a bit further in Europe and rub a few of the big teams noses in it.

Meanwhile a win tomorrow and we can potentially be off the bottom of division 3. Lose and we are probably fucked.

I had loads of Chelsea fans on my twitter TL outraged as if we haven't done the same every other season for about 10 years, including to the same bloke.
MF182
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/02/24 22:57:47 (permalink)
The reaction has been totally fucking bizarre from other fans and pundits.

I couldn't give a fucking toss about another clubs manager sackings. The hypocrisy is hilarious. We need to win some fucking league games. That's all we care about. Managers come and go. Get over it

Arcadian
  • Total Posts : 1007
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/02/24 23:16:04 (permalink)
I wasn't shocked at all. they've been awful this season. if spurs hd done the same I'm sure I would think I wouldn't care because we just won the league but I would. its weird they did it mid champs league games though
GSV
  • Total Posts : 374
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2017/02/24 23:42:29 (permalink)
Travs

It's going to be so fucking weird at wembley. There's a very good chance we'll have been relegated by then. A lot of people I know are laughing at the idea of us getting excited about such an inconsequential trophy but there's a real chance we may not exist in five years so fuck it.

Aside from that I do have to agree with Daz, it's a horrible decision to have to make but if it keeps them up then it will be worth it. I just hope certain players get to feel the repercussions as well so it's not all on him.
post edited by GSV - 2017/02/24 23:43:55
Page: << < ..786 Showing page 786 of 786
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0