AnsweredHot![FAQ]FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION

Page: << < ..12161217121812191220.. > >> Showing page 1219 of 1222
Author
_Modus_
  • Total Posts : 5277
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/11 16:27:13 (permalink)
mouse
Chelsea to send racist supporters to Auschwitz.

https://www.theguardian.c...ng-orders-antisemitism

Reads like a daily mash headline.

I quite like that idea. It will most likely end in total embarrassment for Chelsea, but in theory it makes sense. 
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8806
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/11 16:37:13 (permalink)
Domino
Doug Ellis DEAD! 

Literally the day after the appointment... I'm convinced it means something 

Yeh is bit spooky. 

Stoopid_Fux
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/11 17:25:34 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Me_Kick_Out_Teet 2018/10/12 07:10:54
MF182Dean & Terry sacked by the summer would be my prediction.

I predict you'll still be a mong by the summer. 
WiffleBat
  • Total Posts : 5022
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/11 18:07:46 (permalink)
mouse

Jimmy2Shoes
  • Total Posts : 6076
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/11 18:38:44 (permalink)
WiffleBat
mouse

😂
M.F.
  • Total Posts : 6384
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/11 20:20:13 (permalink)
You have to question Villa fans and their board with their incessant bumming of John Terry after one season of play off failure in the Championship. What an awful club. Sunderland levels of shit. 

RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 96252
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/12 10:31:19 (permalink)
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ive-never-been-believer-budgets-15270362

I like the cut of his jib. For too long we've relied on cheque book managers buying other clubs best players, basically trying to bully our way to success without any plan and just hoping they will gel together, and it rarely does. Time to build a proper team.
post edited by RAYZA - 2018/10/12 10:35:38
RAYZA
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/12 10:32:59 (permalink)
MF182
You have to question Villa fans and their board with their incessant bumming of John Terry after one season of play off failure in the Championship. What an awful club. Sunderland levels of shit. 

You say the same thing about every club and even your own club after a few losses. We didn't fail because of John Terry, he was the main reason we got that far and its all gone to shit since he left. I really wish he was still playing, seems like a waste quitting when he's still got it.
S8
  • Total Posts : 19734
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/12 11:16:18 (permalink)
Razor
MF182

You say the same thing about every club and even your own club after a few losses. We didn't fail because of John Terry, he was the main reason we got that far and its all gone to shit since he left. I really wish he was still playing, seems like a waste quitting when he's still got it.

I'd rather quit whilst I still had it, than burn out as an also ran in the same vein as Schumacher. 
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 21522
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/12 11:58:02 (permalink)
Razor
https://www.birminghammai...iever-budgets-15270362

I like the cut of his jib. For too long we've relied on cheque book managers buying other clubs best players, basically trying to bully our way to success without any plan and just hoping they will gel together, and it rarely does. Time to build a proper team.

Been saying this for ages. Completely arrogant approach... I just want someone to be given time to build and implement a proper vision 
Stoopid_Fux
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/12 12:57:30 (permalink)
We're going to win the league 
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/12 13:33:11 (permalink)
Rudiger01
Domino
I thought MON generally got his transfers right but he never addressed the issue of us lacking a big centre forward

We at least had some kind of identity under him though and I don't really remember having one since. Hoping Smith can bring some tactical cohesion 

I always got the impression O'Neil bought 28/29/30 year olds on big money and no resale value

Well not always but regardless of that

Milner
Ashley Young
Downing 
Carew
Delph
Cuellar
Petrov 
Freidel 
Collins & Dunne combination which made our defence an absolute fortress

Were all massive signings for us and all overseen by MON

He def signed some turkeys too but what manager hasn't and like I said .. He was generally spot on

Patterman
  • Total Posts : 1584
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/12 18:35:28 (permalink)
Villa were very decent back then. Always pushing top four but never good enough. Never minded you lot until I came on here.
James OD
  • Total Posts : 12257
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/12 19:35:18 (permalink)
I’ve had less dry mouth hangovers than this England match.

Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1648
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/12 19:47:07 (permalink)
Domino
Rudiger01
Domino
I thought MON generally got his transfers right but he never addressed the issue of us lacking a big centre forward

We at least had some kind of identity under him though and I don't really remember having one since. Hoping Smith can bring some tactical cohesion 

I always got the impression O'Neil bought 28/29/30 year olds on big money and no resale value

Milner
Ashley Young
Downing 
Carew
Delph
Cuellar
Petrov 
Freidel 

He def signed some turkeys too but what manager hasn't and like I said .. He was generally spot on

I always thought that Villa's downfall was because of O'Neill. You had a good few seasons and he got those players in but then he started spending money on average to poor British players on big wages:
Davies
Sidwell
Shorey
Young
Knight
Harewood
Reo-Coker
Downing
Warnock

His net spend according to this article was £81m - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301712/Buy-buy-Martin-How-ONeill-spent-120million-years-Aston-Villa.html

wiseacre
  • Total Posts : 20605
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/13 00:21:21 (permalink)
Harewood lol

no
Stoopid_Fux
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/13 01:16:44 (permalink)
Still reckon O'Neill's worse blunder of all was in Jan '09 when we were third in the league , on great form and then Carew got injured. So we needed another goalscorer and he signed....Heskey. 

Irritatingly O'Neill was even offered chance to sign Falcao at the time (who was in his early-mid 20s and not battered/injury prone then) but chose not to. 
Me_Kick_Out_Teet
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/13 06:44:58 (permalink)
Original Nuttah
Domino
Rudiger01
Domino

Milner
Ashley Young
Downing 
Carew
Delph
Cuellar
Petrov 
Freidel 

I always thought that Villa's downfall was because of O'Neill. You had a good few seasons and he got those players in but then he started spending money on average to poor British players on big wages:
Davies
Sidwell
Shorey
Young
Knight
Harewood
Reo-Coker
Downing
Warnock

His net spend according to this article was £81m - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301712/Buy-buy-Martin-How-ONeill-spent-120million-years-Aston-Villa.html

You have got Downing and Young on your list... They were big players for us. Like I said... He did but a few shit players but on the whole... He did well. Show me a manager that has never bought a dud player!? 

He definitely wasn't our downfall. No manager has finished higher than him since... Or even near

You have to spend to compete. the board didn't want to back him and instead sold Milner against his wishes and he walked

Artical Don
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/13 07:49:39 (permalink)
Walcott saying Everton for top 4.

mouse oxford
  • Total Posts : 2283
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/13 08:06:26 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Buck Fuddy 2018/10/13 09:15:01
James OD
I’ve had less dry mouth hangovers than this England match.

The FA and the TV companies may not give a fuck about the match attending supporters but closed doors games show how important having a noisy crowd at a game is.
dreamworld
  • Total Posts : 5089
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/13 12:20:02 (permalink)
I can’t believe Henry chose Monaco over Birmingham, he doesn’t know what he’s missing.
Stoopid_Fux
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/13 12:59:21 (permalink)
Domino
Original Nuttah
Domino
Rudiger01
Domino

Milner
Ashley Young
Downing 
Carew
Delph
Cuellar
Petrov 
Freidel 

Davies
Sidwell
Shorey
Young
Knight
Harewood
Reo-Coker
Downing
Warnock

You have got Downing and Young on your list... They were big players for us. Like I said... He did but a few shit players but on the whole... He did well. Show me a manager that has never bought a dud player!? 

He definitely wasn't our downfall. No manager has finished higher than him since... Or even near

You have to spend to compete. the board didn't want to back him and instead sold Milner against his wishes and he walked

Agree

Still rumoured O'Neill was actually sacked rather than walked. He won his tribunal case against us a few years later which does imply he was sacked rather than walked. 

i still look back on the O'Neill days fondly and whilst he did make some serious mistakes , fuck ups and had some limitations and definitely did sign some crap he was still pretty much the best thing that happened to us in last 15-20 years.

He probably should have done better than 6th at one point but blaming him for any current mess is a joke and it took it many years of bad decisions afterwards that fucked us over. Not O'Neill. O'Neill left in 2010 FFS. 

Lerner and Paul Faulkner were more to blame for almost comical bad decisions after O'Neill left.
post edited by Stoopid_Fux - 2018/10/13 13:00:43
RAYZA
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/13 13:54:52 (permalink)
Dom, he meant Luke Young not Ashley
Stoopid_Fux
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/13 14:05:17 (permalink)
Luke Young was actually decent for a bit. 
M.F.
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/13 14:07:25 (permalink)
Boring!

RAYZA
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/13 16:07:03 (permalink)
Init, let's talk about how you got cucked by some BBC after moving half way across the world for her
GSV
  • Total Posts : 522
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/13 16:31:58 (permalink)
Burton's 91st minute winner just cost me £700, absolute wankers.
M.F.
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/13 17:36:58 (permalink)
Razor
Init, let's talk about how you got cucked by some BBC after moving half way across the world for her

LOL. You're still going on about that? Too funny. 

Let's talk about you being a virgin? Which is actually a true fact. When was last time you even touched a real woman? I'm thinking probably never. 

RAYZA
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/13 17:40:53 (permalink)
Sick insult m8, some year 7 shit.

Let's stick to the facts, and the fact is the woman you loved has taken more BBCs in her batty than I've had hot dinners.
M.F.
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/10/13 18:37:22 (permalink)
Razor
Sick insult m8, some year 7 shit.

Let's stick to the facts, and the fact is the woman you loved has taken more BBCs in her batty than I've had hot dinners.

Well my insult is actually true. Whereas yours in not. 

This is boring too. Yawn. Carry on. 

Page: << < ..12161217121812191220.. > >> Showing page 1219 of 1222
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0