AnsweredHot![FAQ]FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION

Page: << < ..11711172117311741175.. > >> Showing page 1173 of 1233
Author
SW14
  • Total Posts : 13384
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 12:16:35 (permalink)
Still pretty gutted about yesterday. We had every chance to put them to bed in the first half which is what still rankles.

We’ll never get a better chance and we should have seen them off.
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8908
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 12:23:25 (permalink)
Still remains the last England side to beat any actual good teams in a tournament was in Euro 96. 

Cybotron
  • Total Posts : 943
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 12:28:09 (permalink)
Law
Yes plenty of people did think we'd beat Croatia, but the rest of Europe not really getting our self-deprecating ironic humour is nothing new is it.  

It's no wonder they don't get our self-deprecating ironic humour, a little over half our population have recently voted to exit Europe. 

They probably think we are a load of jingoistic little islanders with an overinflated sense of self  - and you can't really blame them.

And we got beat by a country with a population of 4 million
post edited by Cybotron - 2018/07/12 12:29:16
S8
  • Total Posts : 19820
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 12:37:45 (permalink)
Patterman
What made anyone think all of a sudden that England were better than Croatia? You beat Tunisia, Panama and Sweden. No grounds whatsoever.

The hype and excitement tbh
Arcadian
  • Total Posts : 1834
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 12:39:09 (permalink)
SW14
Still pretty gutted about yesterday. We had every chance to put them to bed in the first half which is what still rankles.

yeah same, thought id be more chilled about it by now.

Kane going for golden boot fucked us. he should have rolled the ball to Sterling to do the only thing hes good at
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 12:48:58 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Duderonomy 2018/07/12 13:33:40
Arcadian
SW14

yeah same, thought id be more chilled about it by now.

Kane going for golden boot fucked us. he should have rolled the ball to Sterling to do the only thing hes good at

which is slide in and miss the ball.
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 31075
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 12:50:33 (permalink)
Cybotron
Law
Yes plenty of people did think we'd beat Croatia, but the rest of Europe not really getting our self-deprecating ironic humour is nothing new is it.  

It's no wonder they don't get our self-deprecating ironic humour, a little over half our population have recently voted to exit Europe. 

They probably think we are a load of jingoistic little islanders with an overinflated sense of self  - and you can't really blame them.

This is the most retarded argument in history. Don't see a China vs India final do you?

LHC
  • Total Posts : 7698
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 12:53:21 (permalink)
It is more relevant when you consider that football is by far the most popular sport in both England and Croatia. Obviously this cannot be said about China or India. There is obviously correlation between population size and success in international sport.
post edited by LHC - 2018/07/12 12:56:27
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 12:55:19 (permalink)
Lrrr
Cybotron
Law

This is the most retarded argument in history. Don't see a China vs India final do you?

Lol at the dramatic ridiculousness of your comment  - clearly I have made the most retarded argument in the whole of history. 

If you are so dumb to think that my comment isn't valid then I give up. 

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 12:56:20 (permalink)
LHC
It is more relevant when you consider that football is by far the most popular sport in both England and Croatia. Obviously this cannot be said about China or India.

I repeat

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7698
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 13:01:50 (permalink)
I think it would be wrong to see this as a weakness of England though. Look at Russia - bigger population, but shitter still. Croatia are an example of how to run a sporting institution. You could arguably say the same about Belgium too. England are by no means an embarrassingly run footballing nation.
_Nearly 50 FFS_
  • Total Posts : 15458
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 13:06:13 (permalink)
LHC
It is more relevant when you consider that football is by far the most popular sport in both England and Croatia. Obviously this cannot be said about China or India. There is obviously correlation between population size and success in international sport.

Just looked quickly at some stats, in the UK for over 16s swimming, athletics and cycling have more participants weekly across the country, but success in any sport is based on infrastucture, funding etc not just mere population numbers. 

Look at how successful our cyclists have been over the last ten years, case in point.

The number of English players in Prem League sides compared to foreigners has an effect too of course.

I think we have plenty of grounds for optimism going forward. All the best teams very generally have a 4-8 year arc in which they are at their peak, Real now, Spain back around 2010, Liverpool in the late 70s/early 80s, Man Utd early to late 00s, Milan around 90 etc and plenty more...

I firmly believe that this England side are at the start of theirs.
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 13:07:45 (permalink)
Cybotron
Nah Rio is a leg end although a little deluded thinking we will win 3:0

I think we will lose 2:1

Quite a few bods have been trying to gun me for my superior knowledge however no one has given me props for my laser guided prediction.

I'll be sure to remind you of this on a semi regular basis.

post edited by Cybotron - 2018/07/12 13:09:25
WiffleBat
  • Total Posts : 5038
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 13:11:17 (permalink)
I think we need to shake this mentality of "oh, we'll never get a chance this good again" as if we need an easy draw to succeed at international level. Even taking the last decade of miserable performances into account, we're still one of the major figures of World football. And a lot of the other major figures go through their own rubbish periods. Think about how long Spain were seen as the great underachievers before their great generation came along (and how they seem to be reverting to that now that that generation is retiring). Think about how shit the currently mighty French team were in the early 90s. Or how long Brazil & Argentina have been underachieving for. Or what a complete shambles Italy and Holland currently are. And yet all those teams (when they qualify) go into tournaments with the expectation that they can win it and that other teams should fear them. We should be thinking that way, not begging a miracle draw as our only hope.
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 13:12:23 (permalink)
_binar_
LHC

Just looked quickly at some stats, in the UK for over 16s swimming, athletics and cycling have more participants weekly across the country, but success in any sport is based on infrastucture, funding etc not just mere population numbers. 

Look at how successful our cyclists have been over the last ten years, case in point.

The number of English players in Prem League sides compared to foreigners has an effect too of course.

I think we have plenty of grounds for optimism going forward. All the best teams very generally have a 4-8 year arc in which they are at their peak, Real now, Spain back around 2010, Liverpool in the late 70s/early 80s, Man Utd early to late 00s, Milan around 90 etc and plenty more...

I firmly believe that this England side are at the start of theirs.

I think you'll find that this was our peak.  

We're a nation of shitters that flutters any time any reasonably size dick comes our way - then we get fucked silly like what Croatia did yesterday
Patterman
  • Total Posts : 1647
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 13:29:03 (permalink)
Cybotron
Cybotron
Nah Rio is a leg end although a little deluded thinking we will win 3:0

I think we will lose 2:1

Quite a few bods have been trying to gun me for my superior knowledge however no one has given me props for my laser guided prediction.

I'll be sure to remind you of this on a semi regular basis.

2-1 aet. Wouldn't win any bet with that.
OEM
  • Total Posts : 33601
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 13:36:57 (permalink)
I was going to say the same but then I remembered I couldn't be bothered

Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 13:43:36 (permalink)
OEM
I was going to say the same but then I remembered I couldn't be bothered

...couldn't be bothered to lose the argument.

I predicted that we would lose 2:1 - which was 100% correct 

There was no mention of bets or anything else which would take this minor victory out of my clutches
¯ICE¯
  • Total Posts : 5545
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 13:46:33 (permalink)
I haven't slept a wink but the one comfort is the fact that I still strongly believe that the french would have destroyed us in the final.  Especially given extra time + rest day etc etc.  no chance.  We went out fighting.  Croatia will have to do the stuff of legends just to save face.  Don't envy them at all.

That 3rd place game though.  I'm not gonna watch it but just the fact that it's happening is a fucking humiliation.  I'm sure the Belgians feel the same.
Lrrr
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 13:48:54 (permalink)
1000000% Cybotron = Menace

Jimmy2Shoes
  • Total Posts : 6088
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 13:52:05 (permalink)
Majik
Jimmy2Shoes
LHC
England "need a Modric" in order to compete apparently. Oh well that's simple then. All that's required is one of the best creative midfielders in a generation.

Time for Will Hughes to step up and become the world class player he has the potential to be.

He’s a world class albino and that’s about it

I knew you would pick up on this.

LHC

I'm only 31.

THERE'S STILL TIME, DAMN IT

It was said fully tongue in check but he is only 23
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 13:54:50 (permalink)
Lrrr

Why do you have Saville as your avatar you weirdo ?

Some prick that sexually abused 100's of people and you're immortalising the cunt
SW14
  • Total Posts : 13384
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 14:03:17 (permalink)
Conte sacked. Classy, Chelsea.
¯ICE¯
  • Total Posts : 5545
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 14:05:02 (permalink)
who cares, really
Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8908
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 14:06:09 (permalink)
tbh i thought he'd already been sacked. 
Lrrr
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 14:15:25 (permalink)
Cybotron
Lrrr

Some prick that sexually abused 100's of people and you're immortalising the cunt

Same reason you make up 100's of personas online. Find it funny, innit.

Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 14:38:40 (permalink)
Lrrr
Cybotron
Lrrr

Same reason you make up 100's of personas online. Find it funny, innit.

You find it funny.

Really?

Lrrr
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 14:40:55 (permalink)
Geezer was diddling corpses ffs, what's not to laugh at?

gentle kenneth
  • Total Posts : 1918
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 14:57:04 (permalink)
Noc
wiseacre
Homnom
Razor
wasn't that miles offside tho?

He was on

Linesman flagged him off though. Maybe it would've gone to var.

On the commentary they said the flag was for the ball going out of play. Even the follow-up that hit the post would’ve been ruled a goal.

it was for offside, he stuck his flag straight out in front. they then took the free kick from where kane picked the ball up, not from the 6 yard box
dreamworld
  • Total Posts : 5149
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 15:02:40 (permalink)
SW14
Conte sacked. Classy, Chelsea.

Oh ffs. I don’t want to read about it.

He did bring about his own downfall with his moaning all season but what a guy. When he joined I expected nothing and he totally blew everyone away. One of our best league seasons for sure.
Page: << < ..11711172117311741175.. > >> Showing page 1173 of 1233
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0