AnsweredHot![FAQ]FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION

Page: << < ..11711172117311741175.. > >> Showing page 1172 of 1232
Author
Noc
  • Total Posts : 19669
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 09:16:54 (permalink)
_ICE_
Noc

How come no TV stations or media mentioned this bullshit move?

It's called passion you nonce.  They was desperate for a goal to keep them in the tournament.  Compare that to mandzukic rolling around like a little cunt for 5 minutes on the pitch

"Passion" LOL. So passionate they try and pull the same ridiculous trick that everybody laughed at Panama for.

Just wasting their own time and making the ref less likely to give them anything.
LHC
  • Total Posts : 7660
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 09:20:53 (permalink)
_ICE_
Noc

How come no TV stations or media mentioned this bullshit move?

It's called passion you nonce.  They was desperate for a goal to keep them in the tournament.  Compare that to mandzukic rolling around like a little cunt for 5 minutes on the pitch

Is Mandzukic rolling around any worse than Alli pretending he didn't realise he was being substituted against Sweden?

It seems the former is treated as delightfully devilish and the latter cynical and bad. I wonder why that is...
S8
  • Total Posts : 19813
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 09:48:05 (permalink)
Leg Warmer
LHC
England "need a Modric" in order to compete apparently. Oh well that's simple then. All that's required is one of the best creative midfielders in a generation.

There's got to be some quality coming through the younger ranks, we're world champions at u20 and u17. Phil Foden from city looks like he's got huge ability.

He looks good

/endsfootballinvolvement
Leg Warmer
  • Total Posts : 14645
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 09:54:52 (permalink)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44802996

Excellent little summary.
Travs
  • Total Posts : 554
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 10:00:20 (permalink)
Before we get to carried away with claims that we 'blew it', got shafted by the ref, and calling each other 'cunts' and 'nonces'.....  i think we should remember the small margins involved in what is, after all, cup football....

We were a crossbar away from going out in the penalty shoot-out against Colombia, and had that happened, the whole tournament would no doubt have been seen as a disaster, and the press/public would be hammering the team and manager.

On the other hand, had we gone 2 up last night we'd likely be looking at a world cup final and wanking ourselves into a frenzy.

P.s. club football>>>>international football. Maybe not for the general population, or the casual football watcher...  but for me if i'd had to pick between CCFC getting promotion from the 4th division this season, and England winning the world cup, it's city every time for me. That's where the passion is.
Cybotron
  • Total Posts : 942
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 10:02:16 (permalink)

Here's some harsh reality...

Šime Vrsaljko: "The all-round perception was that this is a new-look England who have changed their ways of punting long balls upfield but when we pressed them it turned out that they haven't. "

Modric: "English journalists, pundits from television, they underestimated Croatia tonight and that was a huge mistake. All these words from them we take, we were reading and we were saying 'ok, today we will see who will be tired. They should be more humble and respect their opponents more.'"

Corluka is asked to stop for English press, smiles and just says: "It's not coming home!" Keeps walking

Original Nuttah
  • Total Posts : 1673
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 10:04:44 (permalink)
Kane was starved of service all tournament as we really lack creativity. Hopefully someone will break through in the next two years. Maybe one of the young English players going to the Bundesliga?
GSV
  • Total Posts : 527
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 10:12:42 (permalink)
Cybotron

Šime Vrsaljko: "The all-round perception was that this is a new-look England who have changed their ways of punting long balls upfield but when we pressed them it turned out that they haven't. "

Modric: "English journalists, pundits from television, they underestimated Croatia tonight and that was a huge mistake. All these words from them we take, we were reading and we were saying 'ok, today we will see who will be tired. They should be more humble and respect their opponents more.'"

Corluka is asked to stop for English press, smiles and just says: "It's not coming home!" Keeps walking

Harsh reality that Croatians are cunts?

Roy Keane can jog on as well, positively wanking himself off shitting over everyone last night. Let's see you even get your shithouse of a team to a major tournament you tedious bellend.
Patterman
  • Total Posts : 1639
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 10:21:25 (permalink)
Hahaha, very bitter aren't you. Have you seen the quality of players for ROI?
Patterman
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 10:23:58 (permalink)
Keane is pure winner and is right.
Law
  • Total Posts : 64364
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 10:26:55 (permalink)
Sticking Roy Keane and Wright on there is literally the same kind of personality clash producers of Big Brother or whatever crave. 

Nearly all of our pundits are cunts. I like Wright but he's a fan, a cheerleader, he's not a pundit. Why can't we retire a load like we retired Rooney.

Who's decision at the BBC is it to keep paying Lawrenson? I've never come across anyone who didn't think he was a thick, biased old dinosaur cunt. Nobody likes him and he does fuck all, he just whinges constantly and backs Liverpool at every opportunity. I'm sure I read that in his weekly prediction on BBC Football site (which he is fucking SHIT at), he didn't have Liverpool losing a single game all season lol
post edited by Law - 2018/07/12 10:28:33
Law
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 10:28:08 (permalink)
I just checked, the tosser hasn't predicted a loss for Liverpool for two whole seasons ffs

Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8891
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 10:30:58 (permalink)
Ferdinand in particular was a complete bellend for talking about 3-0's before yesterday. He should know better. The complete cretin. 
LHC
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 10:34:23 (permalink)
Law

Nearly all of our pundits are cunts. I like Wright but he's a fan, a cheerleader, he's not a pundit. Why can't we retire a load like we retired Rooney.

Yeah we have terrible pundits. I like Gary Neville and he arguably upped the game on punditry but unfortunately we now have on the one hand, loads of Neville wannabes who get personally offended by tactical errors and defensive mistakes (Chris Sutton being the main offender), and on the other hand loads of pointless cheerleaders you mention, like Ian Wright and Rio Ferdinand. The main difference is Neville also often offers interesting tactical insight. I suppose a lot of it is personality really. I don't think Jermaine Jenas is the most insightful genius but he seems amiable enough that I don't find him offensive.

We do have some decent broadcasters. Mark Chapman just seems to get it (sport in general, not just football) and I was amazed when I realised he was the ever-irritating 'Chappers' from Radio 1. Obviously Kelly Cates knows what she is talking about as well.
post edited by LHC - 2018/07/12 10:35:41
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 10:43:54 (permalink)
GSV
Cybotron

Harsh reality that Croatians are cunts?

And that comment was sponsored by Krispy Kremes - supporting donut comments world wide
Law
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 10:45:32 (permalink)
Keown has always been a helmet but this World Cup he's really excelled as a typical thick English ex-player. Spends most of his time talking about passion, wanking over sprints and complaining about foreigners feigning injury.

Jenas is alright and is a decent pundit / writer when he's done some planning. I heard him do co-commentary once in the group stages (i think) and he was absolutely awful.
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 10:50:16 (permalink)
Law
Keown has always been a helmet but this World Cup he's really excelled as a typical thick English ex-player. Spends most of his time talking about passion, wanking over sprints and complaining about foreigners feigning injury.

Jenas is alright and is a decent pundit / writer when he's done some planning. I heard him do co-commentary once in the group stages (i think) and he was absolutely awful.

I like Keown - can't stand Lawrensons sarcy ramblings.  He needs to retire from life really 
Travs
  • Total Posts : 554
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 10:50:51 (permalink)
Chris Sutton not too bad on the radio...  but for one of the dirtiest bastards to ever grace the Premier League, he spends a lot of time moaning about underhand tactics off-the-ball, which he was an absolute expert at...
Johnny Quest
  • Total Posts : 9283
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 11:14:05 (permalink)
The analysis can always be worse

post edited by Johnny Quest - 2018/07/12 11:19:33
Leg Warmer
  • Total Posts : 14645
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 11:28:06 (permalink)
Cybotron

What's harsh about any of that?
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 31063
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 11:35:20 (permalink)
I don’t think anyone except a few grade A knobs disrespected Croatia. Fully hope France rape them after reading some of that.

Law
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 11:41:04 (permalink)
I dont think international news really got the daft irony bantz of the "coming home" lark. The rest of the world thought that we're all positive we're definitely winning 'cos we invented football and it's definitely belongs to us and Brexit and that.
Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 31063
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 11:46:15 (permalink)
100%

SW14
  • Total Posts : 13353
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 11:55:05 (permalink)
Law
I dont think international news really got the daft irony bantz of the "coming home" lark. The rest of the world thought that we're all positive we're definitely winning 'cos we invented football and it's definitely belongs to us and Brexit and that.

Yeah. It was clearly tongue in cheek. That’s our unique sense of humour at work but I certainly wouldn’t swap it.

It was lost on some of the Germans too. Bayer Leverkusen were tweeting snide comments about it.
Cybotron
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 11:58:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Fred Maker 2018/07/12 12:16:34
Law

Nah disagree.

There were quite a few donuts thinking that we were definitely going to beat Croatia. Typically the same bods that believe that the UK is still a superpower and that Brexit is a great thing. 

Stoopid_Fux
  • Total Posts : 8891
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 11:59:27 (permalink)
there was ppl who were definitely not being ironic in saying Croatia would be easy and how it was "coming home"
admitedly it was mostly from dickheads who don't even watch football but make no mistake they definitely do exist and in numbers.
Law
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 12:00:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby 0-AID 2018/07/12 14:27:06
Yes plenty of people did think we'd beat Croatia, but the rest of Europe not really getting our self-deprecating ironic humour is nothing new is it.  Like SW14 said, I wouldn't change that at all, it's been a laugh and a welcome distraction from our actual problems.
LHC
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 12:06:35 (permalink)
You also have to consider that the Croatian players probably haven't seen so many funny memes but they have probably seen plenty of serious 3-0 predictions.
S8
  • Total Posts : 19813
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 12:07:19 (permalink)
Truthfully, I thought we could beat them. I didn’t think it would be easy, but I dared to think we would get to the final.
Patterman
Re: RE: FOOTBALL TALK & SPECULATION 2018/07/12 12:16:31 (permalink)
What made anyone think all of a sudden that England were better than Croatia? You beat Tunisia, Panama and Sweden. No grounds whatsoever.
Page: << < ..11711172117311741175.. > >> Showing page 1172 of 1232
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0